Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Thanks but no :yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
My sister is the kind of vegan that reads some dumb blogs, shares even dumber facebook posts, and calls that "doing research", which qualifies her to make such bold statements as "all meat causes cancer", and "milk contains opiates, which is why all milk products are addictive".

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

"milk contains opiates, which is why all milk products are addictive".

My Milchschokolade habit agrees.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
I should really drink more milk, apparently.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hardcore vegans are goddamn pussies for acting all scared and offended at the natural order of things.

Pflanzenfresser fressen pflanzen. Fleisch fressende tiere essen tiere. Die Menschen essen beide. Nur feiglinge, die die realität dieser welt nicht akzeptieren.
(Translated German)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

So AFD is the third largest party in Germany now.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

LeoMarr posted:

So AFD is the third largest party in Germany now.

No in meckpomm, which is like ... kentucky or something, only with a beach.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

"milk contains opiates, which is why all milk products are addictive".
There we were, in the Korova milk bar...

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Reines Mett und Speck vom Schwein, die Würzmischung bleibt streng geheim...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLX4NYrW1bI

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Rummelsnuff is a national treasure.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Mithaldu posted:

Sorta with shades of Florida thrown in there, if Florida didn't have all the retirees from the north and west.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Grouchio posted:

Pflanzenfresser fressen pflanzen. Fleisch fressende tiere essen tiere. Die Menschen essen beide. Nur feiglinge, die die realität dieser welt nicht akzeptieren.
(Translated German)

Literally lol if you take refuge in "it's natural to eat meat" while living in civilisation

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

niethan posted:

Literally lol if you take refuge in "it's natural to eat meat" while living in civilisation

Veganer voraus!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Drone posted:

Sorta with shades of Florida thrown in there, if Florida didn't have all the retirees from the north and west.

Also the state government sits inside a medieval castle like they're trying to hide from the populace. (Schloss Schwerin is neat, though.)

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Libluini posted:

Also the state government sits inside a medieval castle like they're trying to hide from the populace. (Schloss Schwerin is neat, though.)

The state government sits outside the castle. That is just the seat of parliament. Because the castle is the traditional seat of the sovereign, represented here by the elected representatives. :cryingochsenkopfundgreif:

niethan posted:

Anything that isn't heavily processed paste designed for maximum nourishment in minimum space is morally indefensible imo

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Mithaldu posted:

That's a really unfair comparison since Kentucky is much more populous, wealthier and probably even has a higher population density that meckpomm.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Rebuild the antifaschistische Schutzwall around Mecklenburg-Vorpommern

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

waitwhatno posted:

That's a really unfair comparison since Kentucky is much more populous, wealthier and probably even has a higher population density that meckpomm.

I was going entirely by what i learned from Justified, but i guess even with that caveat it's likely your statement is true.

Meckpomm does have green grass though.

ArchangeI posted:

:cryingochsenkopfundgreif:

quote:

Geviert; Feld 1 und 4: In Gold ein hersehender, gold gekrönter schwarzer Stierkopf mit aufgerissenem Maul, silbernen Zähnen, ausgeschlagener roter Zunge, in sieben Spitzen abgerissenem Halsfell und silbernen Hörnern; Feld 2: In Silber ein aufgerichteter, golden bewehrter roter Greif; Feld 3: In Silber ein gold bewehrter roter Adler mit goldenen Kleestängeln auf den Saxen.

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Sep 5, 2016

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Drone posted:

I suspect that if we let them, they would do it themselves and call it something like Anti-Mohamedanische Wehranlage.

But then, in a generation or two, that Rotzpalisade would come down again and we would have impoverished ostdeutsche Wirtschaftsflüchtlinge flooding the west all over again. So no loving way we will ever let them or do it ourselves.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Why build a wall when we can get bugs bunny with a saw on the case.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

az posted:

I'm sorry I'm not particularly well versed in veganism and the gradual shift from no meat to nothing remotely animal confused and surprised me?

Especially since he never told me beforehand and kept letting me run aground in social situations where I would get food for us and he would look at it and reject it on the spot with no information, and I don't think regular vegans exclude one subset of animal products at a time in a years long process.

The transformation will be complete when he ascends to the level of "Raw Vegan."

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

az posted:

Why build a wall when we can get bugs bunny with a saw on the case.

I wanted to suggest "rearranging" the borders until Meckpomm is gone, but then I realized all those horrid people would suddenly be in our states.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Drone posted:

They could call it the "McPomm Schranke".

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Warum es eindämmen?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Seien wir doch mal ehrlich. Natürlich schätzen wir die Ostseestrände und natürlich sind die komischen Leute da vollwertige, deutsche Staatsbürger ... aber als Nachbarn würde die wahrscheinlich hier im thread niemand haben wollen.

GABA ghoul fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Sep 5, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Die 20% AfD-Wähler nicht. Der Rest wäre gute Nachbarn. Hauptsächlich ruhig.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

waitwhatno posted:

Seien wir doch mal ehrlich. Natürlich schätzen wir die Ostseestrände und natürlich sind die komischen Leute da vollwertige, deutsche Staatsbürger ... aber als Nachbarn würde die wahrscheinlich hier im thread niemand haben wollen.

Das kommt wirklich drauf an. Die Art von Nachbar, wo man nicht merkt, dass da überhaupt noch jemand wohnt/lebt, oder die Art von Nachbar, der/die einen jedes Mal, wenn man sie/ihn trifft in irgendein beschissenes Gespräch verwickelt?

Ist die Farbe der AfD tatsächlich nun das Selbe blau wie das der FPÖ?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Nein, die AfD hat ein helleres.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Mithaldu posted:

Die 20% AfD-Wähler nicht. Der Rest wäre gute Nachbarn. Hauptsächlich ruhig.

Ich weiß nicht. Ich wette da riecht es dann im Flur immer so komisch nach Wurst oder Kartoffeln.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Einbauschrank posted:

They could call it the "McPomm Schranke".
Buuuh!

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Können die 2020er bitte keine wiederaufgewärmten ~1930er werden? "Die Wirtschaft ist kacke und dann wählen alle Faschisten" hatten wir schonmal, wurde nix.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Die schlechte Politik der anderen ist der Grund für den Aufstieg der Afd.

Da brauchen sich die anderen Parteien nicht die Nase halten, selber schuld.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Wenn du tatsächlich glaubst Wahlergebnisse hätten was mit der Qualität der gemachten Arbeit zu tun bist du noch naiver als es je den Anschein hatte.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Noch immer aktuell:

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Getting a face full of Deutschland/NRW/Duss since my arrival on Saturday. HR just told me they can't pay me if I don't have an anmeldung until the 15th (somehow neglected to mention that little fact before I moved my rear end). Apartment I had lined up fell through, because the landlord refuses to answer the previous tenant's contract transveral request (three weeks and counting).

Apparently, it was easy to get an Anmeldung up until 2015 - now the owner of the dwelling needs to write an approval, which means that the old hostel route of registering doesn't exist anymore (owners apparently refuse to write these even for long-term dwellers). At least I have a job contract; I can't imagine coming over and falling into the loop of not getting a job because you don't have an address and not having an address because you don't have a job.

Also, mechanics here need 4 hours and a termin to change the front light in a car - a 15 minute job.

I might have to get an express lovely room/appartment in a dorf just to get that sorted out quickly.

Argh. Moving suckssss.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
shut the gently caress up riso

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

Wenn du tatsächlich glaubst Wahlergebnisse hätten was mit der Qualität der gemachten Arbeit zu tun bist du noch naiver als es je den Anschein hatte.

True. For comparison:

Much of the AfD's success basically traces back to them successfully mobilising the "foreigners are scary" demographic.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

"Ausländer raus. Das wird man ja wohl noch sagen dürfen."

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Riso posted:

Noch immer aktuell:

Wie will man denn Leute davon abhalten hierher zu kommen? Die haben ja schon bewiesen, dass sie ihr Leben dafür einsetzen. Schießbefehl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Riso posted:

Noch immer aktuell:

Hast du auch eine Version mit Minions?