Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

gromdul posted:

I just got an interesting Google survey. First question is about race, and it is question number 1 out of 10. I pick white, and the survey ends and I get $. 20. White privilege strikes again? Or would I have received a bigger payout for answering more questions about being a minority.

you probably would've been put on the survey poo poo-list and not given any more surveys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
I'm really digging Fallen London. If any of you want to conspire against the Bazaar, I'm in as Ceciltron.

Funcrusher
Jul 13, 2011
Just applied to Summonthing Awful as Burger Gamer IV (random but appropriate). I'm digging the game so far and I intend to be active.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
What exactly do you do in Fallen London? Is it a multiplayer game?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Montalvo posted:

Save the president from an angry middle eastern man.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

Montalvo posted:

It is basically a kind of choose your own adventure book with good writing and weird fiction elements. I find it's a good little thing to play every few hours.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
right now i'm fighting off an infestation of sentient rats in my home. occasionally i play against them in cricket.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
I am highly concerned that there is a Pole trying to drag me, an innocent poet, into a life of depravity and suspicious loitering.

Funcrusher
Jul 13, 2011

Ceciltron posted:

I am highly concerned that there is a Pole trying to drag me, an innocent poet, into a life of depravity and suspicious loitering.

Fear not my friend, it's just an invitation for some innocent slav squatting in the Bazaar sidestreets, nothing bad can come from it!

Fallen London is quite unique, the setting and lore are great, but the gameplay steadily becomes grindier and grindier. Later on you will be spending all your actions on one objective couple of times in a row to progress. I just started to build my zubmarine and boy what a timesink that's gonna be...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
eh, it is a free game. play it until you get bored and then forget it for the rest of your life.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
imo, and this is gonna sound gamey and boring as poo poo, the way to see the interesting parts of fallen london is to make two accounts and then grind second chances using the social actions at your lodgings and then power level so you dont fail any challenges once you start doing story content

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
reaching critical fail stats is cool the first time though because they take you to a different place but its just so annoying every time after the first

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

If you like the setting of Fallen London, check out Sunless Sea on Steam.

Edit: I may have already mentioned this, oops. :shobon:

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

If you like the setting of Fallen London, check out Sunless Sea on Steam.

Edit: I may have already mentioned this, oops. :shobon:

Same universe. Heck, I had a card that if I used a special thing from it, it would give me an adventure or box in Sunless Sea. I used it for a couple of items in Fallen London. I don't have Sunless Sea and can't afford it right now.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
As for reasons to play Fallen London:

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

Ceciltron posted:

As for reasons to play Fallen London:

Goon sir, that's not a reason to play Fallen London, that's a reason to roll with my posse (which consists of... me)

On the subject of the game itself, the writing is top notch. I've been playing for about a week and have yet to see a typo. Having been a writer, sub-editor and now editor, I can say that's vanishingly rare on the market

Edit: other delicious goon friends can fight the bizarre Bazaar fight by adding Smode to their Fallen London acquaintances

tentacles fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 5, 2016

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Been playing around a bit. You should get a request from roid.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Hey goons, add me in Fallen London.

https://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Rupert~Buttermilk

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Oh man, I remember playing Fallen London in my browser seven years ago. I hope they've done something with grinding, because grinding in a text game is even worse than regular grinding.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Oh man, I remember playing Fallen London in my browser seven years ago. I hope they've done something with grinding, because grinding in a text game is even worse than regular grinding.

Probably not. I spent my first two energy refills trying to get me a home and I was still <50% to succeeding so I was like 'gently caress this'.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Ceciltron posted:

As for reasons to not play Fallen London:

Hm, ok!

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

How rude!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I love Fallen London but I never have the foggiest idea what's going on. I'll go chat with someone in a pub and acquire a bucket of screaming wolf memories. The memories are screaming, not the wolves. Then you trade them in for the smell of a ruined wedding, but only if you're owed favors from a poetry cult.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I added the last few people I saw here to Fallen London. I think I'm Windborn.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

YggiDee posted:

I love Fallen London but I never have the foggiest idea what's going on. I'll go chat with someone in a pub and acquire a bucket of screaming wolf memories. The memories are screaming, not the wolves. Then you trade them in for the smell of a ruined wedding, but only if you're owed favors from a poetry cult.

Installing now.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Also I guess if anyone wants to add me or whatever, I'm in game as YggiDee. I don't know if it'll do anything but we can awkwardly glance at each other in passing.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Feel free to add me in Fallen London as well, Smithson II. I've also yet to really figure out what's going on but writing is pretty interesting!

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
I just started playing Fallen London as well. I am Drashin in game please add me!

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
Dpack on Fallen London.

I'm currently in cahoots with a honey addled detective that is trying to sword fight with his hat rack.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

dpack_1 posted:

Dpack on Fallen London.

I'm currently in cahoots with a honey addled detective that is trying to sword fight with his hat rack.

I'm obviously not playing this game right.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Just started Fallen London. Add me as Koryk.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
IAmTheRad in Fallen London.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
Humble Mobile Bundle 20 is out now.

$1:
Cloud Chasers
Last Horizon
Tomb Raider 1
Tomb Raider 2

BTA (currently $4.33):
Always Sometimes Monsters
Shooting Stars!
More unlocks in week 2

$5:
Space Grunts
Cosmonautica

Seems ok I guess? I played a bit of Always Sometimes Monsters on PC, but it didn't hold my interest for some reason. Shooting Stars is a game I've played before, and I remember it being reasonably fun, but that description is something else. I've been interested in both games at the $5 tier, so I'l have a good chance to check them out now.

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Added some of the people here in Fallen London, as Arbetor. I have been playing for a while, so I am building walls of stolen paintings for mad beggar kings and dancing on the red hot brass floors of Hell's embassy.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

YggiDee posted:

I like how you wrote this as an exaggeration of Fallen London, but it's actually an understatement.

Purple Prophecy
Mar 7, 2013
Evil Queen in Fallen London, delicious friends.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Oh yeah, I found the regular Echo Bazaar thread over here, this is where all the players who know what they're doing live.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sent calling cards to all you excellent folk. Now to get back to grabbing stray cats in an alley because somehow I can use that to pay for a place to live.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
This game is loving awesome. I just had an event where a giant group of super-intelligent tool using rats used pick axes and saws to take up residence in my house and I had to either diplomatically or forcefully kick them out. At the end, I fought the rat leader to the death and now I have his rifle that I can use as a pistol weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I'm in Fallen London as The Rumda