Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

mabels big day posted:

Wonder Trading is illegal in Nuzlockes. Way to go, moron.

Report him to Nuzlocke authorities, they'll ban his trainer ID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Wonder Trading is illegal in Nuzlockes. Way to go, moron.

I don't care :shrug:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

mabels big day posted:

That's hosed up. We'll bring it up at the next meeting.

It's a disadvantage, usually you get trash.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

There's also the variation of Nuzlocke called Wonderlocke, where you Wonder Trade the first Pokemon you catch in each area, optionally Wonder Trade any Pokemon that faints.

I started one of those in Alpha Sapphire, and very early on I got Wonder Traded a HA Eevee with Hyper Voice. I realized I could steam roll the whole rest of the game with that...

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Please do not contaminate my thread with the shrugging guy emoticon.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Countblanc posted:

it's not as bad as the one where the face is in some hands, but its def a bad emote

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I missed Diancie and Hoopa, there's not an event for either I'm missing anytime soon, right?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I missed Diancie and Hoopa, there's not an event for either I'm missing anytime soon, right?

you can find someone who will trade them i'm sure, not me tho i missed the events too, and also don't remember where my AS or X games are at

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what's better, the pokerap or the digimon rap

Countblanc posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
In my Nuzlocke X/Y run my Tauros got OHKOd by a crit focus blast and I was forced to replace him with a Delibird. I spent like 25 minutes getting the Delibird up to an acceptable level, and then in it first fight ever it got killed by a crit night slash from full HP :geno:

When you beat the pyschic gym in X/Y, is that when the whole Flare apocalypse plot starts or is there one more route before that?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
A nuzlocke style run where you only get 6 pokemon and you WT away any pokemon that 'dies' and must use that new pokemon as it's replacement.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
N-Locke: On every route, you wonder trade all of your pokemon. You are allowed one pokemon to be an HM user and to ensure you don't get screwed over by getting a team of Route 1 Pokemon on Victory Road.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

A nuzlocke style run where you only get 6 pokemon and you WT away any pokemon that 'dies' and must use that new pokemon as it's replacement.

i think that's called wonder locke

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

what's better, the pokerap or the digimon rap

Pokerap

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Asked my 9 year old sister whether Pokemon or Digimon was better and she didn't know what Digimon was

Then she went back to watching Yokai Watch

Thanks for your time

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Internet Kraken posted:

Shrimp aren't fish

There's no such thing as a fish.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Johto Pokerap > original Pokerap >>>>>>>> Hoenn Pokerap

But Weird Al's Polkamon and The President of the United States of America's Can't Stop Catchin' 'Em All are better than all of them.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm doing one where the only items I can use are berries and pokeballs I find. I can only catch one pokemon per route and then wondertrade it. If a pokemon faints, I need to catch a new pokemon on a new route, wondertrade, then replace. I'm down to 4 right now in XY and I barely got to Campheir Town- or whatever the place with the castle/pokeflute is.

I had to make up a rule for myself- if I wipe, the members of the team that participated in the battle get wondertraded. I ended up wiping with 4 pokemon on my team so I got a fresh 4 before work. Nincada, zigzagoon (probably always gonna have one), male combee, and fletchling. This is super rough having to start with babies every time I lose one. but it is definitely challenging.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

is Yokai Watch pretty good

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

there was a version recently that was good, done by some dude. the nidorans were both nickelback but I don't remember much else other than it was good

e: pokeraps, not yokai watch, I dunno much about that other than the cat is cool

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

There's no such thing as a fish.

A fish is a body plan and a shrimp ain't no fish

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Bongo Bill posted:

It has its moments. Like a legendary human faced dog that changed the main characters' faces into Will Smith, Bruce Willis, and a few other actors.

Or the ugly human faced dog trying to break out of prison and having insane delusions throughout.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

i never played the games but i watched a few episodes while babysitting a cousin and it was p. funny, one of those dubs that felt like they changed alot of the humor to make more sense to western audiences

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Bongo Bill posted:

I really hate the combat system

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yo-kai Watch is an extremely grindy crossover event with Final Fantasy XIV

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Did XY even have stakes? I remember Lysandre's dumbass loving plan involved the uh, Pokemon powered laser was it? But I don't remember if there was any urgency to it outside of the moment in between the two battles with him

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hello young man. I am Gregory McGoodGuy, and I've taken special interest in you. I believe anything that is not beautiful should be ground into dust.
Now I will destroy the world. Are you surprised? It turns out i was a bad guy.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This might sound incredibly stupid to you but Reddit's Pokemon Exchange board is a place you can go to just buy Pokemon. Hoopa and Diance are like $2-3 legitimately, and they'll even provide proof if you need it. That being said the Pokemon collecting scene there, especially with old events, makes me scratch my head as to why people will pay $30 - 40 for some of these guys. I guess everything collectible also carries inherent rarity.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Calaveron posted:

Did XY even have stakes? I remember Lysandre's dumbass loving plan involved the uh, Pokemon powered laser was it? But I don't remember if there was any urgency to it outside of the moment in between the two battles with him

Nah, the evil scientist that controls the laser doesn't even fire the laser until you come along so he can be a dick and give you an option of two buttons that do the same thing of firing the death laser.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Zodack posted:

This might sound incredibly stupid to you but Reddit's Pokemon Exchange board is a place you can go to just buy Pokemon. Hoopa and Diance are like $2-3 legitimately, and they'll even provide proof if you need it. That being said the Pokemon collecting scene there, especially with old events, makes me scratch my head as to why people will pay $30 - 40 for some of these guys. I guess everything collectible also carries inherent rarity.

I've got all the legendaries (excl the three coming out later this year but incl Volcanion) by wondertrading for AuSlove.tv's hacked shinies and putting them on the GTS. Only maybe a 3rd of those I have now are legit, but you can sometimes trade the obv hacked ones for a legit one.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Is Yo Kai Watch more about looking out for ghost monsters with your ghost monster friend or about owning a watch?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Nah, the evil scientist that controls the laser doesn't even fire the laser until you come along so he can be a dick and give you an option of two buttons that do the same thing of firing the death laser.

excuse me he does give you a legitimate option, one of them turns the death laser off

but he has a remote control and turns it back on anyway

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
yay, I'm finally downloading Pokemon Bank and then Pokemon Transporter, so I can finally start a new game on White after using it for storage for gen III, IV, and V games.

Is there anything I need to know going into it?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You should know you just have new an idea for a Jason Statham Pokemon film.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Spatula City posted:

yay, I'm finally downloading Pokemon Bank and then Pokemon Transporter, so I can finally start a new game on White after using it for storage for gen III, IV, and V games.

Is there anything I need to know going into it?

Because DS games can't go online any more, you should avoid lines that require trade evolutions - Roggenrola, Timburr, Karrablast, Shelmet.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

jarbv posted:

Is Yo Kai Watch more about looking out for ghost monsters with your ghost monster friend or about owning a watch?

I really enjoyed playing and watching Yokai Watch.

It's mostly about solving problems in town that are caused by Yokai and then befriending the Yokai. The watch is merely what allows you to detect nearby Yokai.

I highly recommend it as a monster collecting game.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
So I was looking at the number of Pokemon revealed for each main game before it's release.

Diamond and Pearl had 30 out of 151 new Pokemon. About 19%.
Black and White had 47 (not counting leaks) out of the 156 new Pokemon. About 30%.
X and Y had 41(not counting megas) out of 70 new Pokemon. About 59%.

Sun and Moon has 39 so far not even counting Alolan variants. :eyepop: Good god. And the evolved forms of the starters are expected to be revealed like tomorrow. Anyone else feel this is a bit overkill?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nah

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wait did you mean the number of revealed pokemon or your original research? nah for the former, yes for the latter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Nope. I like to plan my team out in advanced, so I like knowing as much as possible going in, plot aside. I know the plot in these games isn't really a main draw (besides in Black and White), but it's just how I roll.

So far I think I want Litten and Rail-Gun Bug on my team for sure. Not sure about anything else yet.