Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't think Letscher's Thawne is as good as uhhh... whatever the guy who plays Wells is named, but I'd love to see more of him so he has a chance to put a distinct take on the character.

That's a bit unfair I think, as they are almost two separate characters. Letscher is doing a great job of smug rear end in a top hat who thinks he knows better than everyone else. Cavanaugh is the regretful (but still an ahole) part of the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't think Letscher's Thawne is as good as uhhh... whatever the guy who plays Wells is named, but I'd love to see more of him so he has a chance to put a distinct take on the character.

We've only seen him perform the role twice, once at the end of season 1 (in a very very short appearance), and a bit part in season 2. I don't think that's probably a good metric to measure him by considering that Cavanagh had a whole season to build up his version of Thawne/Wells.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wheat Loaf posted:

Did the movie really burn them that badly? Have I severely underestimated how big a blow for them that was all this time? I mean, I thought it was just an underperformer but it sounds like it was Fantastic Four 2015.

I spend some time trying to track down the quote, but an WB exec was saying that they feel the brand is too damaged to make another movie, or have any related characters in the DCCU any time soon. Which to me would be like Marvel saying that because Ang Lee Hulk movie was bad, they won't have the Hulk in the MCU. Considering how important GLs are to the over all cosmic world of DC, I feel like ignoring it is like Marvel saying no Thor stuff.

I keep hoping Supergirl does something with it, because it would be easy to have Atrocitus or Larfeeze on Fort Ross and have her have to fight them, with Atrocitus being an interesting villain because his motivations are not hatred but grief.

But seriously, doing a JSA without Alan Scott is just wrong. Though do they have a Dr Fate?

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

twistedmentat posted:

But seriously, doing a JSA without Alan Scott is just wrong. Though do they have a Dr Fate?

Is Jay Garrick gonna show up in the JSA? I can't imagine a Justice Society without a Lantern or a Flash. Given that the LoT team already have an Atom, that leaves Fate and Spectre as the only characters I can remember.

I assumed that part of the reason a Lantern hadn't shown up yet in any show was because animating those green constructs is expensive. But if they could do Grodd and King Shark they can probably afford Alan Scott for an ep or two.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Jack of Hearts posted:

Is Jay Garrick gonna show up in the JSA? I can't imagine a Justice Society without a Lantern or a Flash. Given that the LoT team already have an Atom, that leaves Fate and Spectre as the only characters I can remember.

I assumed that part of the reason a Lantern hadn't shown up yet in any show was because animating those green constructs is expensive. But if they could do Grodd and King Shark they can probably afford Alan Scott for an ep or two.

Not sure if I heard it right, but I think JWS was cast as DCTVU regular.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

I spend some time trying to track down the quote, but an WB exec was saying that they feel the brand is too damaged to make another movie, or have any related characters in the DCCU any time soon. Which to me would be like Marvel saying that because Ang Lee Hulk movie was bad, they won't have the Hulk in the MCU. Considering how important GLs are to the over all cosmic world of DC, I feel like ignoring it is like Marvel saying no Thor stuff.

I keep hoping Supergirl does something with it, because it would be easy to have Atrocitus or Larfeeze on Fort Ross and have her have to fight them, with Atrocitus being an interesting villain because his motivations are not hatred but grief.

Time Warner has a Green Lantern Corps film scheduled for 2020 and there's numerous rumors that a GL will cameo in a film before that.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Not sure if I heard it right, but I think JWS was cast as DCTVU regular.

Yeah, John Wesley Shipp got one of those contracts to appear on all the shows throughout their seasons, same as John Barrowman, Wentworth Miller, Matt Letscher, and Katie Cassidy. And we're assuming the four of them are going to be the Legion of Doom (with Cassidy as Black Siren), so I guess we'll see the one true Jay Garrick appearing on Flash as well as with the JSA on Legends.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Scyantific posted:

We've only seen him perform the role twice, once at the end of season 1 (in a very very short appearance), and a bit part in season 2. I don't think that's probably a good metric to measure him by considering that Cavanagh had a whole season to build up his version of Thawne/Wells.
True! Like I said, I want to see more, but Cavanagh's Thawne is one of the great villains of television.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKUF5Fjg4jP/
Oh I do like the looks of this.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twistedmentat posted:

Didn't we get a shot of Fate's helmet somewhere? Flash or Legends? Am I just dragging up old Smallville memories?

Edit: A quick look on Wiki makes me think I'm actually remembering Constantine. Which I guess has a weird thing of being technically in canon and pragmatically totally outside story plans. So who knows?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Who is the guy under heatwave?

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

8one6 posted:

Ken, Martin Stein's financial planner. He has a significant arc in this season.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

TinfoilMan ATOM has a serious case of :jeb: going on. Looks like The Onion did the poster.

R-Type fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Sep 23, 2016

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

R-Type posted:

TinfoilMan ATOM has a serious case of :jeb: going on. Looks like The Onion did the poster.

Haha oh my god, was the photoshop guy high?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtkD5TnVMAAyfkQ.jpg:large

I'm budget Tobey Maguire.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Isn't that just Tobey Maguire now?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

So Stargirl, ???, Hourman, Obsidian, Thunder?, ???

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Kel Mitchell reprising his invisible boy role?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Wonder how many villains this season they'll shoot their stuff at one by one and completely miss cause the budget isn't high enough for so many superheroes.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Yea, who are the characters in this photo besides Stargirl, Hourman (keep wanting to make a Minuteman joke), and Vixen?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I think it's Obsidian, Commander Steel and Doctor Mid-Nite.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLHj1-gE488

Samurai Ray still looks bad but hopefully Dharke and Reverse Flash can carry the show.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That looks heckin rad.

Gatito
Mar 29, 2010
Sarah Lance, Time Lesbian.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Um...that was Lance Hennriksen at 1:52. Did we know he was going to be in this season, because I'm pleasantly surprised.

Oh and "Barry Allen 2056"!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Gatito posted:

Sarah Lance, Time Lesbian.

This always makes me giggle, way more than it really should

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Oh and "Barry Allen 2056"!

"So 2016 me is doing stupid time stuff and thanks to Speedforce I can't do anything about it. Could you go smack him upside the head a few times?"

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

8one6 posted:

Looks like Jimmy Carr

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Looks like they improved the CG for Vixen

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
New season looks pretty drat cool.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, lots of nifty stuff in there. So is everyone teaming up on Legends? Are we going to get to see Victor Gerber sing? These are the important questions.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

This always makes me giggle, way more than it really should

It really should be the next thread title.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Who's pole got greased to let Jack Black on this flaming shitheap?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

R-Type posted:

Unless he's willing to get paid relative peanuts, I doubt it. Otoh, I could see him being Lobo

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

R-Type posted:

What's he been doing lately? Gulliver's Travels royalties can't pay for a house in the hills.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

What's he been doing lately? Gulliver's Travels royalties can't pay for a house in the hills.

Making Jumanji with The Rock, Kevin Hart and Karen Gillan

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

howe_sam posted:

Making Jumanji with The Rock, Kevin Hart and Karen Gillan

Is Jumanji seriously being remade?

... Was it somehow enough of a classic to warrant being remade?

What the gently caress, Hollywood?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

WarLocke posted:

Is Jumanji seriously being remade?

... Was it somehow enough of a classic to warrant being remade?

What the gently caress, Hollywood?

Not a remake. A sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I hope beardy Reverse-Flash dresses up as a crooked 1850s cavalry captain.

• Locked thread