Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Please delete Gnar, the most boring toplaner to watch for 99% of the game. Auto, auto, boomerang *triggers hyper, wins lane* *hops away from a gank*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ulio posted:

Bad draft by c9 but their teamfighting is better than IMT. Pobelter had great ult in that 2nd teamfight but it feels like IMT need more items to teamfight properly. Impact still monstering .

c9 is not better at team fighting than imt

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Please delete Gnar, the most boring toplaner to watch for 99% of the game. Auto, auto, boomerang *triggers hyper, wins lane* *hops away from a gank*

But see there are other more important champions to ban such as:

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
they also don't have a bad draft at all

I'm not sure I've ever seen huni have as little impact in teamfights as he has this game

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

ArbitraryC posted:

But see there are other more important champions to ban such as:
I don't mean ban, I mean literally remove from the game. Take Rek'sai while you're at it.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
lol that trap

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Parallel Playa posted:

they also don't have a bad draft at all

I'm not sure I've ever seen huni have as little impact in teamfights as he has this game

the imt draft is pretty bad and weird tho

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
You know it's nice to see meteos on zac because reksai gragas has gotten beyond stale

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

rabidsquid posted:

Oh word?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Where's your tiamat now, playboy?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

oh i forgot they're winning the game so they're better at everything

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Maybe its the comp but u shouldn't get out teamfought that hard in the first teamfight of the game. They went 4 for 0 if ur a good teamfighting team that doesn't happen. Also Impact is miles ahead of Huni in terms of teamfighting because of the champion and ability.]

E: they were even during the first teamfight.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
maybe if huni tilts hard enough he can turn the game upside down

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ulio posted:

Maybe its the comp but u shouldn't get out teamfought that hard in the first teamfight of the game. They went 4 for 0 if ur a good teamfighting team that doesn't happen. Also Impact is miles ahead of Huni in terms of teamfighting because of the champion and ability.]

yes, maybe it is the comp with 5 good team fighting champs but we'll never know

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
reignover's tunnel unburrow should be called the stoppable force.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

rabidsquid posted:

oh i forgot they're winning the game so they're better at everything

I mean c9 won every single team fight often not even losing one member.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Well, not what I expected but goddamn, I guess I will take it.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
huni and reignover just announced they will be joining chinese team Demon Lad Gaming in 2017. please cheer for them

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Ulio posted:

You lose every teamfight 4 to 0 if you fight against a full teamfighting comp on their terms while half your comp is a pick comp and the other half consists of teamfighting champions. IMT outdrafted themselves hard this game

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Powercrazy posted:

I mean c9 won every single team fight often not even losing one member.

true. decent chance they're the best team fighting game in the world right now.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

rabid please stop getting so mad, please

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

rabidsquid posted:

true. decent chance they're the best team fighting game in the world right now.

I know this is a crazy observation here but C9 has consistantly gotten better with every series they have played and that was the best game they have had in terms of team fighting so maybe they got better and maybe, just maybe, they could have gotten better than Immortals. It remains to be seen, but that was good from them. They did good.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Lovechop posted:

huni and reignover just announced they will be joining chinese team Demon Lad Gaming in 2017. please cheer for them

Congrats to them & their upcoming underground fist fight with vasili

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
omg

https://twitter.com/c9meteosego/status/772909901215522816

im dying hahaha

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
e: ^^^^ :drat:

I highly recommend watching the replays of the teamfights in that game and focussing solely on Huni. He does gently caress all, watches his team lose and dips in every single one, it's like he's a spectator with a skillset and some items

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
So hyped for game 2. Want to see if Reksai will be able to hold threat while maintaining dps uptime against Gnar so he can 50/50 Smite on Baron. gently caress me.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Please Ban Gnar. Please.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
yay let's let the gnar go through again.

dylan "spring 2016 coach of the split" falco.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jayisspecial posted:

I know this is a crazy observation here but C9 has consistantly gotten better with every series they have played and that was the best game they have had in terms of team fighting so maybe they got better and maybe, just maybe, they could have gotten better than Immortals. It remains to be seen, but that was good from them. They did good.

I think they're definitely better than Immortals. I think it's sort of funny that the standard lanes patch helped them so much since they weren't handling Impact well in swaps.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Monathin posted:

Please Ban Gnar. Please.

:gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Monathin posted:

rabid please stop getting so mad, please

im sorry, i am literally constantly furious apparently. and i hate your favorite team probably, i bet. just tell me who they are, those lucker dogs

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
why does impact have gnar again

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Every time I'm about to complain about Gnar and Reksai being dull as dirt, I remember "at least no one's playing Maokai and Shyvana", and I feel a little better.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I agree with not banning gnar tbh. Impact is always going to live up to his name in teamfights regardless of the champ he has. I'm just glad IMT finally drafted a pick comp consistently rather than drafting some bullshit comp that attempts to do 4 different things at once. If they play this out right, they should never have to fight gnar before having won the game anyway

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Not confident in C9 pulling off this comp. versatility isn't really their calling card.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
adrian turtle GOOD botlane

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Jayisspecial posted:

Not confident in C9 pulling off this comp. versatility isn't really their calling card.

I like the draft though. Picking strong laners against a pick comp is one of the most effective ways to shut it down

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Immortals drafted Nidalee who does not have a safe first clear, and didn't bother to set up the vision to protect him or his buff, and also drafted losing lanes. It's a terrible comp.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Captain Lavender posted:

Every time I'm about to complain about Gnar and Reksai being dull as dirt, I remember "at least no one's playing Maokai and Shyvana", and I feel a little better.

Maybe it's not individual champions that are boring, but the utter lack of diversity every patch inevitably has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

dicks assassin posted:

Maybe it's not individual champions that are boring, but the utter lack of diversity every patch inevitably has.

I completely agree - barring Shyvana. Seriously, cannot stand watching, playing, or playing against that champ.

• Locked thread