Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
C9 doing Immortals a favor and banning Gnar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Gnar is banned... by C9???

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
nice guy reapered

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Radical posted:

its cool that parth won coach of the split when he was also coaching them last split during their disaster run that they only turned around when weldon started helping them out

TSM integrating Biofrost so well is pretty impressive, but TSM assembling the Doublelift/YS lane and forcing them to both do things they're bad at was probably even more impressive.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Huni: can i play a carry champ even dumber than ekko
RO: sure
Huni: /locks Yasuo
RO: ffs

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Over/under on huni's KDA being 0.6 this game guys?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

lol

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Wild Turtle Ashe

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
under, so far under

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Over. I gotta believe in my boyzz

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
weldon creeps me out in some sort of serial killer kind of way

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

Wild Turtle Ashe

Yeah the mindgames in champ select were strong this game. At least IMT's comp is finally looking like something that can fight but i suspect they're lacking cc

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Lovechop posted:

weldon creeps me out in some sort of serial killer kind of way

weldon definitely comes out to Cult of Personality

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Meteos loving blows lmao

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That could have gone so bad for IMT

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Lol Meteos you dumbass

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

whats incredible to me is that C9 has this one specific weird weakness where Meteos is totally unable to make a play if he's not the one making the call.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

lmao meteos cowarding out may have cost them the early game there, infernal drake on this team is pretty huge

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
The win wall more like it

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
honestly I think playing dumb champs and just winning is a better strat than whatever they were previously trying.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
wait yas can windwall the q so shen can't use his w? That's so lol

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

whats incredible to me is that C9 has this one specific weird weakness where Meteos is totally unable to make a play if he's not the one making the call.

Papasmithy and monte made that remark in their review of C9 vs TSM game 4 and it couldnt be more accurate

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ArbitraryC posted:

honestly I think playing dumb champs and just winning is a better strat than whatever they were previously trying.

this is almost certainly true of every team. the team with first tower has an incredible win percent on this patch

Parallel Playa posted:

Papasmithy and monte made that remark in their review of C9 vs TSM game 4 and it couldnt be more accurate

it actually makes a lot of sense in the context of why he quit the team initially, i guess it's not a problem now in a friction sense but it seems like its an in game problem so idk.

edit: i hate monte bc i am like him :saddowns:

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Sep 5, 2016

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

this is almost certainly true of every team. the team with first tower has an incredible win percent on this patch
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic I legit think immortals is at their strength when they just do w/e and play scrappy, I think that's why they flub so hard during important games cause they're all like "guys we gotta play srs this game and try to bring together a comp with a strategy" then they just gently caress it up. Just run random carries and make good individual plays, that's where they strive.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
so mad about this Vlad.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think this is why people dislike lcs casting so much. "c9 might turn this one around if there's a sloppy ace"

if you have zero towers you need like, three aces minimum for that.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Jayisspecial posted:

so mad about this Vlad.

Vlad is a dumb champ so I'm with you there

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i want to see someone bring out the kassadin taric shen twitch anything combo

make it happen someone

stump collector
May 28, 2007
wait a goddamn minute

c9 banned gnar??????

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Meteos bans gnar if he feels he's not getting enough respect as team leader.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Oh man I missed another yasuo top game. I went cycling and C9 lose a game.

Imo C9 and Imt are even in terms of teamfighting without taking comps into consideration because Sneaky/Impact are much better teamfighters than their counterparts. Huni is only effective 50% of the time which is when he is fed.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

exethan posted:

i want to see someone bring out the kassadin taric shen twitch anything combo

make it happen someone

shen is normally one of my most hated champs but if twitch is on his team he gets immediately promoted to Cool Dude status

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

okay immortals, you saw what happened when there wasn't a gnar in the game

you know what you must do.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Lovechop posted:

shen is normally one of my most hated champs but if twitch is on his team he gets immediately promoted to Cool Dude status

oh yeah, i forgot just put eve or nidalee in there. you have no waveclear and your power spikes are probably awful but, you're cooler than heck as you win super hard or lose super hard

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

i think this is why people dislike lcs casting so much. "c9 might turn this one around if there's a sloppy ace"

if you have zero towers you need like, three aces minimum for that.

Isn't rivington like silver

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Heres what I think: shen into vlad is really bad, malhazar actually sucks, and sneaky's EZ made wild turtle's ashe look good. I think c9 should draft the following comp: rengar top, lee sin jungle, zed mid, two more zeds bot lane. This is to counter the incoming riven top pick.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

Isn't rivington like silver

yea but jatt said that and he was a pro season 1/2 iirc

he's also really smart but i think they go a little far in trying to keep the game interesting

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The LCS casters could generally cast accurately if they wanted but its their mandate to pretend like every game is neck and neck at every moment & that its their job to scream while the nexus explodes regardless of context.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

Heres what I think: shen into vlad is really bad, malhazar actually sucks, and sneaky's EZ made wild turtle's ashe look good. I think c9 should draft the following comp: rengar top, lee sin jungle, zed mid, two more zeds bot lane. This is to counter the incoming riven top pick.

Actually Wildturtle has only looked good on Ashe/Sivir the utility carries. It fits IMT's comps a lot of times because their toplaner doesn't take cc so they need utility/cc bot. Also he has had some decent games on Ez. But I do agree a triple zed comp is very strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Wild turtle is a bad ashe.

• Locked thread