Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

D1E posted:

Star Citizen: Chris Roberts Could Just Walk Out on Stage and Piss on an Intern

The trickler in black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

Thunder rolled

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Confirmed. He increased the scope of SQ42, even as he removed originally promised features.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Derek: If you were going to compare yourself to another video game developer/studio, who would you choose?

We know Chris Roberts thinks that maybe ROCKSTAR could equal CIG/RSI's talent.

Complete the equation: DEREK SMART = ?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Derek Smart game = humble bundle

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

<awkward silence>

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Also :lol:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

D1E posted:

Derek: If you were going to compare yourself to another video game developer/studio, who would you choose?

We know Chris Roberts thinks that maybe ROCKSTAR could equal CIG/RSI's talent.

Complete the equation: DEREK SMART = ?

Derek Smart = whoever made Polybius

Chris Ihao
Aug 20, 2016

Thats Professor Elemental, my dear Watson
I'm so sad now. Turned out that I was so downvoted on the reddit GameStar editor thread that my karma suffered greatly. I should NEVER have been so frank as to say that "introducing" fps gameplay through boardings was something I disagreed with at the time, and that this in fact was not planned from the beginning. I argued that Crogberts original idea of having permadeath, and very few chances of surviving any serious damage, didnt harmonize all to well with RB6 type hardcore fps gameplay. My bad I guess. I was promptly put in place by Rarehero, who stated that I should have asked for a refund when the boarding stretch goal was revealed (duh), to which I replied that I already had sold all my $1000 worth of ships a month before.

Oh well. I guess I will have to shut up when I'm on Reddit in the future, in particular when in close proximity to toxic shitizens, if I dont want to ruin my fine Karma score permanently. I have to admit that I dont get how this karma poo poo works at all, but I guess its a nice feature to show someone that you love or respect them.

I do hope that some beautiful day, someone will paint my comments gold on Reddit to show some appreciation for me. I'm not only a sensitive guy you see, but also actually a quite nice person, all in all.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

lol if you even know what reddit karmac is.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

John "Reddit" Karmac

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Decrepus posted:

lol if you even know what reddit karmac is.
new user/low karmac

Chris Ihao
Aug 20, 2016

https://m.reddit.com/u/Karmac ?

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

:five:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Just got posted unironically in the SC discord.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I wish I could comfortably self-fellate.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

FAKE.

I know how to spell "better".

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

thatguy posted:

I wish I could comfortably self-fellate.

Same

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Just find a cute redditor to suck off. Problem solved!

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Raskolnikov posted:

She's on a roll tonight.

EDIT: however I'm fairly sure "cute redditor" is an oxymoron.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

HycoCam posted:

Really not so weird. "Someone qualified" would probably want to be paid in, I dunno, cash or some type of negotiable currency. Toolbag on the other hand is working for dreams and jpgs. If someone were to turn him into the government for disability fraud, I'm pretty sure the people reviewing the case would take one look and realize they have a truly disturbed individual and probably increase his monthly payment.

What is he on disability for and how can someone on disability afford to throw tens of thousands into this furnace?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Raskolnikov posted:

I'm over 8 years old tho; they won't let me

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0USXpQJc3UU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzxMB642WLs&t=5s

INSERT DISK ERROR ON STARTUP

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 start star citizen
2 log in
3 click launch

ACTUAL RESULT
game loads, but I get a cig launcher error saying I need to insert a disk into a drive. I have to close around 8-10 of them before I can get into the game. game loads normally I should note that if I close the game, but not the launcher and relaunch the game, I no longer get an error.

EXPECTED RESULT
Game loads without disk errors

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Show me your upvote karma oh yes...

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Chris Roberts Interview Gamescom 2016 SCIC
26 Aug 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xILkUz9QAJQ

Part 1 of 2

Q: Organisation 2.0. When will (it) arrive and what gameplay features can we expect?

CR:
Uhhh OK... so... CITIZENCON we're gonna... we're gonna SHOW and TALK about some STUFF. So... now is too early to talk about it, but we have... we have our WHOLE THING there I think everybody's gonna like at CITIZENCON. It will be VERY COOL.

Q: Modding. What are the future plans for modders, have you envisioned any tool to support the community?

CR:
Ehhh no no we're definitely gonna do TOOLS to allow people to like do CONTENT CREATION AND STUFF, so... again that's sort of uh... the FIRST LEVEL is like our... we're still building our TOOLS to like... like... build out like... the... like... PLANETS... and the STAR SYSTEMS... USING NEW TECHNOLOGY WE'RE USING... so eehhhh.... once... uh, we get... those WORKING then we sort of work on USABILITY AND STUFF and then... we'll be able to... PUSH the tools out for everyone... so it's NOT gonna be... you know... unfortunately in the next few months or in the next YEAR but uh... but after that it is... you know it is part of our PLANS, it's like... we gotta get our internal tools at a level... uh... good enough for our guys to use and then... make them sort of more USER FRIENDLY and then the SYSTEM that we could like have people create STUFF and then we could CURATE it and put it in the main game or allow people to run sort of their own sort of limited version of the game.

But... I will say that... the LIMITED... the PRIVATE SERVER ones are, you know... they will not be able to do what the... like our FULL CLOUD THING will do cos... that's got MULTIPLE MULTIPLE SERVERS running at... and we're gonna have them MESHED TOGETHER so there can be lots of people in the same instance so... that part's gone more... it's become BIGGER since when... when... they first started it. So. But you know you should be able to have... you know... like a... like the way FREELANCER did, you can run a server, you can have A HUNDRED PEOPLE ON IT OR SOMETHING and you can go around... uh... you know... uh... eh.... AN AREA YOU DESIGN OR WHATEVER.

There you go.

Q: A lot of people want to know how Virtual Reality will be implemented, have you got any issue with the animations?

CR:
NNnnn..... NO ACTUALLY SO.... aahhhh.... on... on the VR front we're... it's pretty EASY for us cos we... we UNIFIED everything so we don't have like you know, how a lot of games will have like first person view... but they're not really first person right? But they... you know, it's two hands floating in front of it... so we just have one... one animation, one character, one... RIG... that runs in first or third person... n-n-no cheating for it at all... ah... in the first person view we stabilise the view the same way that your brain stabilises the images coming from your eyes... yeah like you turn here it's still UP and if you had a GOPRO on your head and you went like this it would actually go like that and we do all the... yeah we do all the same stuff like your EYE LIKE FOCUSSING ON SOMETHING and... ehrm... so... that's actually... us for VR's very eas... it's like LOOKING OVER and you see, you know... the person you're flying with DOING STUFF and you can actually see him and it's all the right... and then if you're in his point you can see it too so...

Yeah yeah and then also we're building like all our displays, our UI... uhm... we've gotta REFACTOR the UI longer term but... the whole goal is everything's (inaudible) in the world in 3D which again is more natural for VR... so we did have a VR... we had... early... before everyone changed their SDKs... and we just... like the ENGINE... like the ENGINE GROUP are the ones who would change it and they're actually some of the guys that wrote uh... VR support for CRYENGINE before they... the guys who wrote the original engine they also did all the VR stuff... that IS in Cryengine now that they were using before they joined us but we just haven't had time to implement to the most recent SDK and get it working... takes you know, maybe a MONTH'S time for someone? And they're all very busy doing things like... the PLANETS and stuff like that which EVERYONE can experience.

Q: A game like No Man's Sky is using procedural generation of planets, how will Star Citizen be different in that aspect?

CR:
EHHHH WELL because we're not... we're not... we... we have a TOTALLY DIFFERENT APPROACH... so uhhh... star... there... there's like... I'm not interested in having a BILLION or a QUINTILLION or EIGHTEEN QUINTILLION star systems that are all RANDOMLY PUT TOGETHER so... all we do... so the PROCEDURAL... PROCEDURAL PLANETS is a BAD WORD FOR IT, what it is is... they are ARTIST AND DESIGN DRIVEN PLANETS THAT USES PROCEDURAL TECHNIQUES TO EHM LIKE BUILD OUT AREAS QUICKLY. So... but in terms of the planet like specify... like HOW YOU BUILD it... like where the mountains will be where the oceans will be where the desert will be where the forest will be... that's all SPECIFIED by an artist at a higher level... and then they build, ehm... sort of TEMPLATES COMPONENTS where procedural tech can take all the higher level, uhm, like... kind of WORLD... and the WORLD HEIGHT MAP... and it applies the SETS of like 'OK, here's the... here's like a FOREST BIOME or here's a MOUNTAIN BIOME or here's a DESERT BIOME' and the it puts them, paints them in areas somewhere the artist has specified...

So what it really is, we're using procedural tools to allow an artist to build something at a fidelity of CRYSIS but at a PLANETARY SCALE very quickly. And then they can... they can... DECIDE, 'Oh, I'm making these areas like THIS', or they can ZOOM IN to areas and change and edit them around to how they want.

So essentially we're using the tools to allow artists to RAPIDLY GENERATE really interesting locations so all the locations we have, we're not hitting a button that GENERATES RANDOM NUMBERS... Wow! That planet! Or that planet! So it's completely different from NO MAN'S SKY which does it that way, which is also kind of the same way that ELITE does it too... so ours is specifically built to construct and design the worlds and we're just making it so an artist with the right... with all the TEMPLATES DONE RIGHT can create a world IN LESS THAN A DAY... then... then it's just a matter of how much time he wants to put, like, certain areas he sort of wants to really CRAFT or just leave it the sort of the way it was sort of done

And that's what we use, that's what we're using the tools for... the IDEA and that's I think the DIFFERENCE between like STAR CITIZEN and the OTHER GAMES is that like... you know I've always liked WORLDS and STORIES and that's how you know WING COMMANDER sort of you know... felt GROUNDED and... you know the old ORIGIN MOTTO was WE CREATE WORLDS and so... uh... that's important for me, we already read now that STAR CITIZEN'S got lots of LORE, we've been writing lore for it for FOUR YEARS, the systems are... you know... you know have a quite a lot of DETAIL, PLANETS have quite a lot of detail, we have LOCATIONS, CHARACTERS, all spread through our UNIVERSE that we've been working on, uh.. not... I mean you guys haven't even seen a whole bunch of this stuff, but that's so we can build out the world where it feels like it's a... a REAL WORLD THAT YOU CAN EXIST IN and go out ADVENTURING

And it's all gonna be in MULTIPLAYER and see a... you know DO THINGS TOGETHER and ADVENTURE TOGETHER and... you know... it's... it's... it's... so... it's quite... it's quite a bit different that way.

But you know... we still gotta finish it so you know... they're already shipping and out so... I mean I have to say that NO MAN'S SKY's a pretty impressive technical achievement and... you know... so...

(CR is asked a question which is inaudible on the recording)

That's... that's... that's... DIFFERENT from being a technical achievement... so I mean I'm just... you're just... you're... you're... the ISSUE that you're having is the general issue that you always get with procedural generation, because it''s... at some point you're gonna see the patterns and it doesn't seem to have a rhyme or a reason, uh, and... you know I think maybe... maybe one day? There could be some super formula that could move away from that, but it's just HARD to do that so... technically it's pretty impressive and it's a pretty small team that did it, eh... so, you know, it's pretty cool, but we're going in a totally different path which is much more a constructed world with a much more level of detail but I mean, in MY OPINION, we're gonna try to get the STANTON SYSTEM FOR EVERYONE AT THE END OF THE YEAR with a big release at the end of the year... and you know that's got FOUR MAJOR PLANETS and a bunch MOONS and secondary areas like OUTPOSTS and stuff, like FORTY SPACE STATIONS and a HUGE AMOUNT OF AREA... and that I think is plenty... HUNDREDS OF HOURS OF GAMEPLAY going between... just because of the amount of DETAIL and... you know, the THINGS THAT YOU CAN DO versus otherwise... just go to STAR SYSTEM after STAR SYSTEM it's just kind of the same thing again and again

So uh... so YEAH... I mean you'll see we got... we got... we're gonna... SHOW... a... like a little bit of a TEASER of some STUFF on Friday at the EVENT, ahhh... ahhhh... so ahhhh.... ahh... you'll... kinda see a little bit of what I'm talking about and hopefully you guys will like it, sort of like the NEXT STEP, or the EVOLUTION.

Yeah it's gonna be PRETTY COOL.

Chris Ihao
Aug 20, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

Show me your upvote karma oh yes...

"Do you mean my comment karma or my... post karma, sweet thing?"

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

SomethingJones posted:

26 Aug 2016

Part 1 of 2

Q: Organisation 2.0. When will (it) arrive and what gameplay features can we expect?

CR:
Uhhh OK... so... CITIZENCON we're gonna... we're gonna SHOW and TALK about some STUFF. So... now is too early to talk about it, but we have... we have our WHOLE THING there I think everybody's gonna like at CITIZENCON. It will be VERY COOL.

Q: Modding. What are the future plans for modders, have you envisioned any tool to support the community?

CR:
Ehhh no no we're definitely gonna do TOOLS to allow people to like do CONTENT CREATION AND STUFF, so... again that's sort of uh... the FIRST LEVEL is like our... we're still building our TOOLS to like... like... build out like... the... like... PLANETS... and the STAR SYSTEMS... USING NEW TECHNOLOGY WE'RE USING... so eehhhh.... once... uh, we get... those WORKING then we sort of work on USABILITY AND STUFF and then... we'll be able to... PUSH the tools out for everyone... so it's NOT gonna be... you know... unfortunately in the next few months or in the next YEAR but uh... but after that it is... you know it is part of our PLANS, it's like... we gotta get our internal tools at a level... uh... good enough for our guys to use and then... make them sort of more USER FRIENDLY and then the SYSTEM that we could like have people create STUFF and then we could CURATE it and put it in the main game or allow people to run sort of their own sort of limited version of the game.

But... I will say that... the LIMITED... the PRIVATE SERVER ones are, you know... they will not be able to do what the... like our FULL CLOUD THING will do cos... that's got MULTIPLE MULTIPLE SERVERS running at... and we're gonna have them MESHED TOGETHER so there can be lots of people in the same instance so... that part's gone more... it's become BIGGER since when... when... they first started it. So. But you know you should be able to have... you know... like a... like the way FREELANCER did, you can run a server, you can have A HUNDRED PEOPLE ON IT OR SOMETHING and you can go around... uh... you know... uh... eh.... AN AREA YOU DESIGN OR WHATEVER.

There you go.

Q: A lot of people want to know how Virtual Reality will be implemented, have you got any issue with the animations?

CR:
NNnnn..... NO ACTUALLY SO.... aahhhh.... on... on the VR front we're... it's pretty EASY for us cos we... we UNIFIED everything so we don't have like you know, how a lot of games will have like first person view... but they're not really first person right? But they... you know, it's two hands floating in front of it... so we just have one... one animation, one character, one... RIG... that runs in first or third person... n-n-no cheating for it at all... ah... in the first person view we stabilise the view the same way that your brain stabilises the images coming from your eyes... yeah like you turn here it's still UP and if you had a GOPRO on your head and you went like this it would actually go like that and we do all the... yeah we do all the same stuff like your EYE LIKE FOCUSSING ON SOMETHING and... ehrm... so... that's actually... us for VR's very eas... it's like LOOKING OVER and you see, you know... the person you're flying with DOING STUFF and you can actually see him and it's all the right... and then if you're in his point you can see it too so...

Yeah yeah and then also we're building like all our displays, our UI... uhm... we've gotta REFACTOR the UI longer term but... the whole goal is everything's (inaudible) in the world in 3D which again is more natural for VR... so we did have a VR... we had... early... before everyone changed their SDKs... and we just... like the ENGINE... like the ENGINE GROUP are the ones who would change it and they're actually some of the guys that wrote uh... VR support for CRYENGINE before they... the guys who wrote the original engine they also did all the VR stuff... that IS in Cryengine now that they were using before they joined us but we just haven't had time to implement to the most recent SDK and get it working... takes you know, maybe a MONTH'S time for someone? And they're all very busy doing things like... the PLANETS and stuff like that which EVERYONE can experience.

Q: A game like No Man's Sky is using procedural generation of planets, how will Star Citizen be different in that aspect?

CR:
EHHHH WELL because we're not... we're not... we... we have a TOTALLY DIFFERENT APPROACH... so uhhh... star... there... there's like... I'm not interested in having a BILLION or a QUINTILLION or EIGHTEEN QUINTILLION star systems that are all RANDOMLY PUT TOGETHER so... all we do... so the PROCEDURAL... PROCEDURAL PLANETS is a BAD WORD FOR IT, what it is is... they are ARTIST AND DESIGN DRIVEN PLANETS THAT USES PROCEDURAL TECHNIQUES TO EHM LIKE BUILD OUT AREAS QUICKLY. So... but in terms of the planet like specify... like HOW YOU BUILD it... like where the mountains will be where the oceans will be where the desert will be where the forest will be... that's all SPECIFIED by an artist at a higher level... and then they build, ehm... sort of TEMPLATES COMPONENTS where procedural tech can take all the higher level, uhm, like... kind of WORLD... and the WORLD HEIGHT MAP... and it applies the SETS of like 'OK, here's the... here's like a FOREST BIOME or here's a MOUNTAIN BIOME or here's a DESERT BIOME' and the it puts them, paints them in areas somewhere the artist has specified...

So what it really is, we're using procedural tools to allow an artist to build something at a fidelity of CRYSIS but at a PLANETARY SCALE very quickly. And then they can... they can... DECIDE, 'Oh, I'm making these areas like THIS', or they can ZOOM IN to areas and change and edit them around to how they want.

So essentially we're using the tools to allow artists to RAPIDLY GENERATE really interesting locations so all the locations we have, we're not hitting a button that GENERATES RANDOM NUMBERS... Wow! That planet! Or that planet! So it's completely different from NO MAN'S SKY which does it that way, which is also kind of the same way that ELITE does it too... so ours is specifically built to construct and design the worlds and we're just making it so an artist with the right... with all the TEMPLATES DONE RIGHT can create a world IN LESS THAN A DAY... then... then it's just a matter of how much time he wants to put, like, certain areas he sort of wants to really CRAFT or just leave it the sort of the way it was sort of done

And that's what we use, that's what we're using the tools for... the IDEA and that's I think the DIFFERENCE between like STAR CITIZEN and the OTHER GAMES is that like... you know I've always liked WORLDS and STORIES and that's how you know WING COMMANDER sort of you know... felt GROUNDED and... you know the old ORIGIN MOTTO was WE CREATE WORLDS and so... uh... that's important for me, we already read now that STAR CITIZEN'S got lots of LORE, we've been writing lore for it for FOUR YEARS, the systems are... you know... you know have a quite a lot of DETAIL, PLANETS have quite a lot of detail, we have LOCATIONS, CHARACTERS, all spread through our UNIVERSE that we've been working on, uh.. not... I mean you guys haven't even seen a whole bunch of this stuff, but that's so we can build out the world where it feels like it's a... a REAL WORLD THAT YOU CAN EXIST IN and go out ADVENTURING

And it's all gonna be in MULTIPLAYER and see a... you know DO THINGS TOGETHER and ADVENTURE TOGETHER and... you know... it's... it's... it's... so... it's quite... it's quite a bit different that way.

But you know... we still gotta finish it so you know... they're already shipping and out so... I mean I have to say that NO MAN'S SKY's a pretty impressive technical achievement and... you know... so...

That's... that's... that's... DIFFERENT from being a technical achievement... so I mean I'm just... you're just... you're... you're... the ISSUE that you're having is the general issue that you always get with procedural generation, because it''s... at some point you're gonna see the patterns and it doesn't seem to have a rhyme or a reason, uh, and... you know I think maybe... maybe one day? There could be some super formula that could move away from that, but it's just HARD to do that so... technically it's pretty impressive and it's a pretty small team that did it, eh... so, you know, it's pretty cool, but we're going in a totally different path which is much more a constructed world with a much more level of detail but I mean, in MY OPINION, we're gonna try to get the STANTON SYSTEM FOR EVERYONE AT THE END OF THE YEAR with a big release at the end of the year... and you know that's got FOUR MAJOR PLANETS and a bunch MOONS and secondary areas like OUTPOSTS and stuff, like FORTY SPACE STATIONS and a HUGE AMOUNT OF AREA... and that I think is plenty... HUNDREDS OF HOURS OF GAMEPLAY going between... just because of the amount of DETAIL and... you know, the THINGS THAT YOU CAN DO versus otherwise... just go to STAR SYSTEM after STAR SYSTEM it's just kind of the same thing again and again

So uh... so YEAH... I mean you'll see we got... we got... we're gonna... SHOW... a... like a little bit of a TEASER of some STUFF on Friday at the EVENT, ahhh... ahhhh... so ahhhh.... ahh... you'll... kinda see a little bit of what I'm talking about and hopefully you guys will like it, sort of like the NEXT STEP, or the EVOLUTION.

SomethingJones transcripts are the goddamned BEST.

Also, I agree with Derek. Crobbers is a lying con man sack of poo poo.

His words.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SomethingJones posted:

26 Aug 2016

Part 1 of 2

CR:

CR:

There you go.

CR:

CR:

Stealing your goon valor for this. You will be glad I did. Wait 5

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/344870/fan-translation-of-chris-s-gamescom-interview

Cigstomper58 fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 6, 2016

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Cigstomper58 posted:

Stealing your goon valor for this. You will be glad I did. Wait 5

My goon valor for transcripts is open source, do with this as you wish....

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SomethingJones posted:

My goon valor for transcripts is open source, do with this as you wish....

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/344870/fan-translation-of-chris-s-gamescom-interview

Its good people can listen to and read Chris at the same time.

Cigstomper58 fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 6, 2016

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Chris Ihao posted:

I'm so sad now. Turned out that I was so downvoted on the reddit GameStar editor thread that my karma suffered greatly. I should NEVER have been so frank as to say that "introducing" fps gameplay through boardings was something I disagreed with at the time, and that this in fact was not planned from the beginning. I argued that Crogberts original idea of having permadeath, and very few chances of surviving any serious damage, didnt harmonize all to well with RB6 type hardcore fps gameplay. My bad I guess. I was promptly put in place by Rarehero, who stated that I should have asked for a refund when the boarding stretch goal was revealed (duh), to which I replied that I already had sold all my $1000 worth of ships a month before.

Oh well. I guess I will have to shut up when I'm on Reddit in the future, in particular when in close proximity to toxic shitizens, if I dont want to ruin my fine Karma score permanently. I have to admit that I dont get how this karma poo poo works at all, but I guess its a nice feature to show someone that you love or respect them.

I do hope that some beautiful day, someone will paint my comments gold on Reddit to show some appreciation for me. I'm not only a sensitive guy you see, but also actually a quite nice person, all in all.

You gotta have a different account for SC stuff. My reddit dude is at like negative hundreds and I haven't even been as hardcore a hater as you were in your comment.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

This is a beautiful thing

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SomethingJones posted:

This is a beautiful thing

Some people get extremely mad when you accurately transcribe Chris. So it should be funny. At worst some people will see the truth of the vision

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

he must be lying because he said they've been writing star citizen lore for 4 years now, but the game has only been in development for 2 or 3 years

Chris Ihao
Aug 20, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

You gotta have a different account for SC stuff. My reddit dude is at like negative hundreds and I haven't even been as hardcore a hater as you were in your comment.

Yeah. Lesson learnt. I'll just suck it up and learn to live with this transgression against my alter ego I guess. Thanks for the tip.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

he must be lying because he said they've been writing star citizen lore for 4 years now, but the game has only been in development for 2 or 3 years

I know they gotta work out lore and stuff before hand in normal games but for some reason its extremely funny to me that entire empires have risen and fallen in lore the last couple years with zero gameplay.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Chris Ihao posted:

Yeah. Lesson learnt. I'll just suck it up and learn to live with this transgression against my alter ego I guess. Thanks for the tip.

Reddit accounts take like 5 seconds to make. But the correct answer is to never give a gently caress about your reddit karma. Its funny cuz some poor bastard who rarely posts can suddeny find himself banned from like half of reddit because he said something that pissed a few nerds off in the wrong subreddit.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

he misspoke - he meant to say Frontier's been writing lore for Elite: Dangerous for 4000 years now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0USXpQJc3UU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzxMB642WLs&t=5s

INSERT DISK ERROR ON STARTUP

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 start star citizen
2 log in
3 click launch

ACTUAL RESULT
game loads, but I get a cig launcher error saying I need to insert a disk into a drive. I have to close around 8-10 of them before I can get into the game. game loads normally I should note that if I close the game, but not the launcher and relaunch the game, I no longer get an error.

EXPECTED RESULT
Game loads without disk errors

Chris is bringing the essence of '90s gaming back!!

SomethingJones posted:

like our FULL CLOUD THING will do cos... that's got MULTIPLE MULTIPLE SERVERS running at... and we're gonna have them MESHED TOGETHER so there can be lots of people in the same instance so... that part's gone more... it's become BIGGER since when... when... they first started it.

I'm sorry, Derek, but you're wrong. The man is 100% incompetent. Utterly clueless. He has no loving idea whatsoever what the words he's using even means. The mind-slug-infected characters from Futurama drool more coherently than this.

I mean, none of the gibberish in that whole transcript ever approached any kind of coherence, but this part in particular is where my temples started to throb. JFC. :cripes:

Tippis fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 6, 2016

• Locked thread