Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Voltaic brawler is really good. Energy seems really pushed, and the energy cards seem powerful. Voltaic brawler is, at worst, a 4/3 trampler that attacks twice. But if it dies right away you still get two energy, and they've shown good ways to use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Gatherer doesn't seem to have Conspiracies in its database. Even though you can select Conspiracy as a card type, it won't turn up any results, and searching for a specific Conspiracy also turns up zero results.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Man, energy is going to take a lot of thinking about in limited.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I was excited for a moment because I thought it worked with Saheeli but it doesn't. I guess you could clone it then use some infinite ETB triggers for something (only thing that comes to mind is Pious Evangel for infinite life) but it's probably worse than the Brood Monitor combo.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
And then Rich Hagon goes and tells a completely wrong and backward explanation of the energy Lightning Blast. gently caress you, Rich.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

doesn't have Islandwalk, what a flavor fail

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Toshimo posted:

And then Rich Hagon goes and tells a completely wrong and backward explanation of the energy Lightning Blast. gently caress you, Rich.
What did he say about it?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

What did he say about it?

Hagon spelled out a whole scenario where you Energy Bolt a 2/1 and only pay 1 energy and they give it "nought one" in response and you are sad that you didn't spend more energy.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Hagon spelled out a whole scenario where you Energy Bolt a 2/1 and only pay 1 energy and they give it "nought one" in response and you are sad that you didn't spend more energy.

hmmmmmmm it sounds like hagon didn't read the card

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
or maybe i misunderstood it, but i'm pretty sure the energy paying requirement happens on resolution

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

mandatory lesbian posted:

hmmmmmmm it sounds like hagon didn't read the card

Good thing they didn't have him doing an entire presentation on spoiling it right in the middle of their main stream, then.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Toshimo posted:

What happens if they give it 1/1 in response???

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It's actually kindof cool in that scenario. Even if they push it completely out of range you can choose to deal no damage and just take the energy.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Chandra's new card is OP as gently caress.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
PRAISE BE!!!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
In case the thread is confused, this card is pretty loving good.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Sweet

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Drafting is going to be fun.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Archenteron posted:

Agents of Bolas are messing with stuff, shits going down with the protagonist's mother, so her party of buddies heads off to Egypt to fight the big bad and OH NO he has the Egyptian Gods protecting him

These next two blocks are Gatedust Crusaders

There are 98 unread posts so sorry if this has been said but since these blocks are all together I can see Jacetice League teaming up yet somehow failing so they come to an enemy of my enemy is my friend type gimmick and let Emrakul out of the moon to battle Bolas and whomever before she drives them away (but not dead) and then is free to go back to the Eternities

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

as well

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

well that's going to be a nightmare in standard for a good long while

I'm also a fan of the blue 5 mana control wincon

E: god imagine the world where that blue card was in standard with delve

Jen X fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 6, 2016

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Red is feeling really pushed in this set.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Chandra, the Fire Starter

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Hardly a major point against her (she looks great), but she can't put lands into play like most effects of this type.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
doesnt kill ish or advocate, 2/5. return remains best red card in standard

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

This will be like a $40 dollar card

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

gently caress wotc for never printing a good red card for as long as anyone has lived

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

This is an interesting card with one hell of a best-case scenario.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
New Chandra looks like a 4-drop that could see play in Jund. Pyromaster saw limited play for a while before people settled on Huntmaster or Kalitas, but I'm gonna give this one a try.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Best Chandra ever.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

OH MAMA.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Look forward to drafting that 5/4 trampling uncommon Thragtusk.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

or maybe i misunderstood it, but i'm pretty sure the energy paying requirement happens on resolution

Yep. If your opponent buffs their dude out of range, you are free to spend 0 energy and at least get a +3 energy.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Best Chandra ever.

Not exactly a high bar to pass

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

This is an interesting card with one hell of a best-case scenario.

if we get good blue draw there's a chance for a Ux control deck with this as the only wincon

please wotc, I need this

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

BJPaskoff posted:

Gatherer doesn't seem to have Conspiracies in its database. Even though you can select Conspiracy as a card type, it won't turn up any results, and searching for a specific Conspiracy also turns up zero results.

That explains why magiccards.info doesn't have the new ones. Since it pulls a lot of it's data from Gatherer.

Also, new Chandra. :swoon: I want it. Just one (maybe 2) though 'cause I'm basically out of Standard. Probably wait for rotation and pick it up, hopefully, on the cheap.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

GeneX posted:

if we get good blue draw there's a chance for a Ux control deck with this as the only wincon

please wotc, I need this

what you're going to get, and like, is a bunch of dumb fuckin red and green beaters and new chandra will be drawing you creatures or ramping you into them.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

rabidsquid posted:

what you're going to get, and like, is a bunch of dumb fuckin red and green beaters and new chandra will be drawing you creatures or ramping you into them.

It is sometimes hard to tell when you're being sarcastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Uhhhh

• Locked thread