Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
I wanted to say this before, but it would have violated spoilers so I'm saying it now.

I don't like Mowgli's Rage gimmick.

First, you have to pick the right Rage for the situation and if you don't there's no way to change it short of killing Mowgli and picking again after you revive him. No handy list of monster attacks readily available means you have to depend on memory for picking Rages.

Two, he goes berserk when a Rage is used so even if you pick the right monster may not mean you're gonna get its best attacks all the time.

Three, you have to go to the Veldt for new Rages and it's not always convenient to get there. I'll say how you can once we finish the Narshe attack scenario for those interested, but for now let's just say it's not obvious and it's still a long walk. Even if you go there the way the Veldt works is you can only meet monsters there you've already met in their natural habitat. So if you skipped fighting onetime foes like Doberman or Apparition, their Rage is now unavailable. Not every monster appears on the Veldt either- Guard Leader is the only boss I've seen and others are very rare. Encounters are still random so you're in for a slog if you want certain monsters. And you're always behind the monsters in the next unseen dungeon too.

The worst thing though is that in my version of the game at least Veldt fights grant you no exp points. So the only reason to visit the Veldt is to grind Mowgli. You encounter a monster, hope it's not one you have already, Leap, and then you have to fight three or four battles to get Mowgli back (he shows up after the monsters die and you have to leave him alone for a round before he recognizes you or he runs off again).

All this usually means Mowgli is left out of my party altogether or he sticks with easy physical Rages like Stray Cat. I'm sure other players are better with him and his Rages. Me, I feel like ranting. :sigh:

I always liked the Serpent Trench personally. Makes no sense how you're navigating it and it's a fun ride. Rule of thumb- go right for treasure, left for a fast trip. All random encounters weak to lightning, not that you have it first time thru.

Lakitu update later this week probably. Awesome dialogue in the recent update means big stuff going down next time. I can't wait. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
Rage is for the person who likes having a menu of 251 options and finding out which one is best in which scenario. It's not for everyone but I like that it's there, and you're never really required to use it, either.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

achtungnight posted:

The worst thing though is that in my version of the game at least Veldt fights grant you no exp points. So the only reason to visit the Veldt is to grind Mowgli.

Many people would consider this a blessing. Especially later on.

Also, rage is hilariously broken once you get the right rages.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Leavemywife posted:

Well, what would you name yours, Jack? Bu and Shido? That doesn't sound good at all!

Kat and Ana

Wait, that wasn't a vote. Never mind.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Raijin and Fujin
Gozu and Mezu
Aka and Ao (ouch)

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Sep 5, 2016

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

This whole modesty and propriety schtick would be a lot more convincing if he could maintain eye contact.

hexedangel
Mar 13, 2005

It's just a game we play... in the dark...

Leavemywife posted:

I'm pretty sure this actually took 500 Gil out of our total.

It does.

Unless you have less than 500 Gil in your bank, in which case Cyan tells you that he was holding onto your purse. But you don't get the 500 gil (that was presumably in Sabin's purse) when he gives it back to you, so either Gau scares you out of 500 gil or Cyan straight up jacks you for it.

Another reason we named him Jack in this LP.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Is there any reason to use "attack" ever for most of the characters? Like I could see wanting to do it for Terra, Olivia, and Bowser, because their Magic and Throw commands require finite (if easily replenished) resources. But I don't think there's any reason to not spam Blitzes and Tools, unless you haven't gotten any new ones in a while and just found a sweet new weapon, but I think you'd have to get really far behind in keeping Tools updated for that to be a concern. Unless Tools and Blitz take the power of your weapon into account, but I don't think they do.

Speaking of special abilities, how Jack's Bushido works was covered, but why it sucks wasn't: the meter charges slowly, and you have to sit and wait for the meter to charge. And while you're doing that, you aren't issuing commands to anyone else in your party, so you're just letting the enemies pound on you while you wait for that meter to fill and getting gently caress-all done. The iOS version made him less bad by having you issue a command and then he charges up the meter on his own, so you can do other stuff while you wait for him to be useful.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Nathan can't do damage with Steal, so there's that :v:

But right now, yeah, the only thing I can think of right now is if there's an enemy with a wind weakness and you remember you could have the air lancet at this time.

But yeah, unique skills unless you can hit an elemental weakness or proc something fun.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

MechaCrash posted:

Is there any reason to use "attack" ever for most of the characters? Like I could see wanting to do it for Terra, Olivia, and Bowser, because their Magic and Throw commands require finite (if easily replenished) resources. But I don't think there's any reason to not spam Blitzes and Tools, unless you haven't gotten any new ones in a while and just found a sweet new weapon, but I think you'd have to get really far behind in keeping Tools updated for that to be a concern. Unless Tools and Blitz take the power of your weapon into account, but I don't think they do.

Speaking of special abilities, how Jack's Bushido works was covered, but why it sucks wasn't: the meter charges slowly, and you have to sit and wait for the meter to charge. And while you're doing that, you aren't issuing commands to anyone else in your party, so you're just letting the enemies pound on you while you wait for that meter to fill and getting gently caress-all done. The iOS version made him less bad by having you issue a command and then he charges up the meter on his own, so you can do other stuff while you wait for him to be useful.

Well, the Genji Glove that we have lets the wearer hit twice. That can hit pretty damned hard with the right setup. You can also berserk someone wearing it to cause even more damage.

Fudge Handsome
Jan 29, 2011

Shall we do it?

Dirk the Average posted:

Well, the Genji Glove that we have lets the wearer hit twice. That can hit pretty damned hard with the right setup. You can also berserk someone wearing it to cause even more damage.

Usually I save relics like the Genji Glove, Gauntlet, and one other one for characters who don't have useful offensive abilities. I also buy new weapons for the others first, since they're actually going to be using the Fight command, unlike Leave, Remain, and Jack. The only real downside of Leave's Blitzes and Jack's Sword Techniques is that you don't get to decide who they target, but that's barely a problem because they're so powerful, and some of Leave's later Blitzes are absurdly good when you can perform them reliably (remember: diagonals don't exist).

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Gau is bar none the single most powerful character in this game, and probably one of the most powerful in the series (if not the most powerful) just because of his versatility. You could walk into the Narshe battle with Gigavolt, for instance, which is a level 2.5 equivalent spell. And I feel like most of the Veldt encounters are weighted to give you rages that you don't have. I've never had to spend longer than five or ten minutes getting a specific rage.

Another thing is that Gau learns his rages twice. In the battle you Leap, and then in the battle he returns. He learns all applicable rages from both!

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

No weight given as far as I know, it's broken into individual pools of 8-16 formations, I think 16 or 32 different pools in sequential order. So say you fight the Marshal like Leave did on the Veldt, the next fight would probably be something from the Figaro Desert, or the cave to South Figaro, then Koltz, etc. Until you loop back. Some pools only have a one or two formations in them, so you might see some very often (:argh:). On the other hand, when they show up, you know when the loop restarts.

Quitting and restarting the game (don't know if reset is enough, or a hard boot is needed) will reseed the place in the cycle.

Also, while Gau can leap in any formation, he can only return in a regular battle (no back, pincer or side attacks, like Bowser's chance of leaving).

e: Also obviously only enemies you seen in formations you've fought in will show up, so that explains why final dungeon assholes aren't on the Veldt (yet), and why I (and probably others) wanted to do Leave last, so that the 2nd Narshe/Figaro Cave enemies would show up in the pool.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

achtungnight posted:

I don't like Mowgli's Rage gimmick.

Same here. He's my least favorite character in the game and goes on guard duty when I get the ability to remove him from the party.

Fudge Handsome
Jan 29, 2011

Shall we do it?

Explosionface posted:

Same here. He's my least favorite character in the game and goes on guard duty when I get the ability to remove him from the party.

I like him as a character, and I love his theme music, but I don't care for him in battle for the same reasons posted before. As someone posted, I usually just stick with Stray Cat if I'm forced to use him. Getting his rages always felt like a chore to me, so he and one other character we'll see much later who functions in a somewhat similar way always end up as benchwarmers in my games.

Meanwhile, Sabin and Edgar end up overpowered because I bring them with me at every opportunity.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

MechaCrash posted:

Locke/Nathan has some pretty great weapon combos towards the end of the game, Bowser/Shadow has a gimmicky weapon, and Jack/Cyan has a couple nifty ones as well. But yeah, by and large the Attack command is useless in this game.

DentD
Aug 13, 2015

I can predict the future! And you're going to be OKAY.
Regarding why Nathan arrives back at Narshe last, my understanding was he went to South Figaro to delay the Imperial takeover. I assume he used sneaky rogue skills to perform guerilla style tactics and attacks. It would have been nice to see or play some of that.

Anyway, I had always figured that Nathan had spent a few days or weeks in South Figaro before finally deciding to call it quits and report back to Remain and Banon.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

I am currently playing through this game and here are my Gau experiences. I never bothered with him before, and here's what I found.

Templar, Guard Leader (who I missed until much later), and Cloud are the best offensive rages to get on the first visit to the Veldt. Returning after the Serpent Trench would have given access to Anguiform and Aspiran, which would almost be worth it.

Rages are a bit more than just uncontrolled attacks. Gau will take on other characteristics of the enemies, including their resist/absorb/weakness table and statuses like Float and Safe. With proper preparation, Gau will be invincible regardless of an enemy's strength or his own inability to do consistent damage.

The Rages on Mowgli's list that I've found most useful are Trillium and Stray Cat. Mu is also useful, as demonstrated.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Attack is sometimes useful when you have low HP. I think this was the first Final Fantasy game to feature such a mechanic.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Gau is a great character and Rage is incredibly good but it would have been more fun if his abilities required less game knowledge in order to be useful. You need to know which attacks go with which form, farm rages on the Veldt, and you can't change rages once you've started. Basically you either know what you're doing and get a super versatile and strong ability, or you don't and you just spam one Rage which does decent damage.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Lakitu Alphonsa's Missed Monsters Update 2:

Greetings, fans of this Final Fantasy VI LP! I'm back again with a few more monsters for you. Not many, Leave has been diligent (that's a good thing, right?). Thanks to the boss for letting me have the video-only monsters from the last update. Thanks also to Koopa Troop members Boo Diddly and Cheep Cheep for aiding my scouting. Now on with the list.
---
Narshe Mines, 2nd visit
Eukaryote

Level: 11 HP: 110 MP: 35
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 10 Magic: 10 Speed: 25 Evasion: 0
Defense: 55 Magic Defense: 125 Magic Evasion: 0
Elemental Weaknesses: Fire, Holy, Heal
Elemental Absorptions: None
Status Immunities: Blind, Zombie, Poison, Imp, Petrify, Silence, Berserk, Suplex, Sleep.
Steal: Potion Rare Steal: Potion
Drop: None Rare Drop: None
Exp: 95 Gold: 100
Game Commentary: A species of monocellular organism. Its Cling attack slows down target's ATB gauge.
Lakitu's Commentary: Also known as Spritzer, these enemies show up if you run afoul of the Narshe Mines Security Alarm. They do not merit an official Bestiary entry.
---
Specter

Level: 13 HP: 235 MP: 120
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 1 Magic: 8 Speed: 35 Evasion: 0
Defense: 0 Magic Defense: 160 Magic Evasion: 0
Elemental Weaknesses: Fire, Holy, Heal
Elemental Absorptions: Poison
Status Immunities: All undead immunities plus Suplex.
Steal: Potion. Rare Steal: Ice Rod (casts Blizara/Ice 2).
Drop: Potion. Rare Drop: None
Exp: 220 Gold: 138
Game Commentary: The evil spirit of a mage clinging to the magic training of his past life. It strikes with the Rod in its hand.
Lakitu's Commentary: Another palette-swapped foe with no Bestiary entry. Some powerful magic attacks.
---
Phantom Train --
Oversoul

Level: 13 HP: 390 MP: 190
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 12 Magic: 7 Speed: 30 Evasion: 0
Defense: 55 Magic Defense: 150 Magic Evasion: 0
Elemental Weaknesses: Fire, Holy
Elemental Absorptions: Poison
Status Immunities: Undead, so it's immune to Sleep, Petrify, Imp, Blind, Poison, Zombie, Silence, and Berserk.
Steal: None Rare Steal: Potion
Drop: Green Cherry, Holy Water. Rare Drop: None
Exp: 65 Gold: 228
Game Commentary: An undead skeleton born from a coalescence of hatred. Petrifies enemies with its Dread attack.
Lakitu's Commentary: Probably the nastiest enemy on the Phantom Train, and the only one Leave missed. Can inflict a lot of status ailments- Berserk, Petrify, Confuse, and rarely Zombie (which we haven't seen in the LP, so I'll say no more about it besides that it exists and I hope Leave shows it off eventually). Boo was unable to find out whether the skeleton or the smoke spirit coming from it is the real monster here.
----
Serpent Trench --
Anguiform

Level: 13 HP: 315 MP: 150
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 14 Magic: 6 Speed: 25 Evasion: 0
Defense: 80 Magic Defense: 150 Magic Evasion: 0
Elemental Weaknesses: Lightning
Elemental Absorptions: Water
Status Immunities: None
Steal: Potion Rare Steal: None
Drop: Phoenix Down Rare Drop: None
Exp: 96 Gold: 358
Game Commentary: A long sinuous fish. Attacks with Aqua Rake.
Lakitu's Commentary: The Serpent Trench may be short, but it sure is dangerous! These fish attack with powerful water magic and physical strikes. Kill em fast with Blitz, Bushido, or Rage (Belmodar and Cloud have Lightning attacks).
---
Aspiran

Level: 12 HP: 220 MP: 330
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 2 Magic: 2 Speed: 40 Evasion: 0
Defense: 100 Magic Defense: 150 Magic Evasion: 0
Elemental Weaknesses: Fire
Status Immunities: Silence, Confuse, Suplex
Steal: None Rare Steal: Potion
Drop: X-Potion (100% recovery). Rare Drop: None
Exp: 48 Gold: 115
Game Commentary: A species of jellyfish. Attacks with NumbSpikes and Giga Volt.
Lakitu's Commentary: Low HP, but NumbSpikes paralyze enemies and Giga Volt (which is often a counterattack they use when not killed outright by a Special ability) does serious damage. Recommended to use Phyiscal Attacks or a Rage like Belmodar that absorbs Lightning to avoid Gigavolt. Many Cheep Cheeps died to bring us this information.
---
Actinian

Level: 12 HP: 230 MP: 98
Hit Rate: 100 Attack: 13 Magic: 10 Speed: 35 Evasion: 0
Defense: 100 Magic Defense: 150 Magic Evasion: 0
Elemental Weaknesses: Fire, Lightning
Status Immunities: Zombie, Imp, Silence, Berserk, Sleep, Confuse
Steal: Hi-Potion Rare Steal: None
Drop: None Rare Drop: None
Exp: 57 Gold: 125
Game Commentary: Clamps enemies that touch its sensitive tentacles.
Lakitu's Commentary: I can't see any tentacles in the picture and Cheep Cheep was too afraid of getting Clamped (heavy Physical attack) to confirm them. Hmm.
---
That leaves Lord Bowser with the fish from Barren Falls and whatever monsters pop up between now and his next update. I'll come back when more monsters are not shown in the screenshots of the LP. See you next time!
-----------

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Galick posted:

And I feel like most of the Veldt encounters are weighted to give you rages that you don't have. I've never had to spend longer than five or ten minutes getting a specific rage.

They're not. I don't know how it's been changed for more modern versions but in the SNES version enemy formations were sorted (seemingly semi-randomly) into 60-ish groups and you just work your way down the list. If I remember right, you could skip ahead in the list by saving and resetting.

Some lists had 7 formations on it, others just 1, and the Veldt cycles through lists, picking one formation off each list as it goes along. For instance Telstar is on a list all by itself, which is why you see it so drat often and can get a Green Beret for everyone with like 20 minutes of Veldt grinding.

There's a file on gamefaqs that lists the mechanics in minute detail which I read long ago and from which I'm (mis)remembering all the above. :eng99:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Update Twenty: Did You Forget About Party Switching?

Howdy, folks, and welcome back! Last time, on Final Fantasy VI Advance, we finished off Leave's scenario, and everyone was reunited in Narshe. Where we left off, the Empire had just invaded to try and steal the Esper, again, so now we have to fight off Kefka and his forces, so let's roll.

Pretty much. I did all my item equipping and swapping off screen, so we're set and good to go.

Nah, we're good. It's basically the same thing we did at the beginning of the game, where we protected Terra with the help of the Moogles.

However, this time, we get to set our own party, and we don't have the luxury of a full roster, so some parties will be a little short-handed.

So we have Team poo poo-Wrecker, Team Awkward, and Team There's No-I-In-Team-But-There-Is-Me.

Strike a pose!

Good job, guys.

On the other side of the map, Kefka has arrived.

You won't be meeting her, though, Kefka.

:jerkbag:

...Kefka brought a lot more dudes than I thought...

Now, if any of them reach Banon, it's an instant game over. So we're setting up these two teams to make sure they can't reach Banon, not without a fight, at least, while our other team is going to bring the fight directly to Kefka.

Leave is wearing both Earrings, since Aura Cannon is our strongest attack right now, and boosting its power by 50% is never a bad idea.

Terra is getting the Hermes Sandles, since she has Cure, so she's our kinda support right now.

Nathan is still rocking two weapons, and he gets the Gigas Glove to improve his effectiveness with those weapons.

And, uh, Remain...Well, he got what was left, but Auto Crossbow and Bioblaster don't need much improvement.

With all of that out of the way, let's get this show on the road.

Corporals are the main fodder around here, and are nothing to write home about.

They have 255 HP a piece, along with a weakness to Poison, so the Bioblaster is super effective here.

As is the Aura Cannon, but what hasn't that been effective against?

...Oh, yes, that's nice.

These guys are worth 90 EXP and 96 Gil a piece, and have your basic attacks of hitting you, and hitting you harder.

After the fight, Terra learns Drain, which lets her deal a bit of damage heal a bit of health. That sounds pretty good, but it's not as strong as you'd like, which is unfortunate.

So, heading over this way, I take the wrong path. You'll see why in a second.

It's not because of the shitload of dudes. They're not a threat. This party right here could clear out every single battle on their own, with little trouble.

When I was a kid, I thought the Fidor, instead of wearing armor, was wearing bits of the doghouse he had broken out of.

They also have Pounce, which will deal about double the damage, so the Fidor can be a bit of an rear end in a top hat.

However, they have 355 HP, so they're well within Leave's ability to drop in one shot. You'll get 180 Gil and 160 EXP for each one you take out.

Getting down a little further, you'll see why this wasn't the best of ideas. See the soldiers standing down there? They're not ones that haven't left yet. The soldiers here will respawn, so you can't run out of fights here, as badass as that would be.

They don't actually respawn; Kefka just has a shitload of them with him, so the fights will end eventually, but it just takes a looooooong fuckin' time.

Credit for that goes to multiple people in the thread who corrected me.

Also, remember the Heavy Armor that beat the living poo poo out of Nathan when he was in South Figaro?

They're around here, and still bad to not kill quickly.

They've also got 495 HP, as well as fantastic physical defense.

However, we've got a fantastic magical ability to take them out with.

:fuckoff:

They give out 195 Gil and 80 EXP a piece, and are weak to Lightning and Water, if you wanted to know that.

Our final challenge before Kefka himself is this goober running back and forth. Let's see what--

:stare:

KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT

and rob it too

We could buy one of these in the next town, but stealing one early is never a bad thing.

Now the Rider can be a pretty dangerous opponent, as well as having a bucket of HP, at 1,300. Their base attack is nearly double that of the Fidor, and Silver Lance does triple their usual damage.

But, Nathan don't play that game. :c00l:

He drops a Remedy and 1,290 Gil, which is a buttload of cash from one fight.

The Mythril Vest is a nice boost, but in hindsight, why didn't I put this on Nathan? He's in the front row!

Oh, well, gently caress it, let's have a boss battle.

:ducksiren:Here's the video!:ducksiren:

Now, this is a proper fight against Kefka, so there's no goofy dialog or Kefka running off like a wuss. I also captured this shot as Kefka was punching Remain in the throat.

He's got some magic spells to fling at you, too, and 3,000 HP, so Kefka can be a little dangerous.

He has no weaknesses or resistances, so feel free to open up and blow him away with everything you got.

This is Poison, which can inflict poison on a character.

In addition to doing a good bunch of damage. Kefka has Blizzara, Thunder, and Drain in his arsenal as well.

Let it be noted that Leave does not care for being poisoned.

And Nathan immediately drops an Antidote on him, since Poison can get dangerous. The damage inflicted starts out low, but damage increases incrementally each time the damage effect activates, leading up to eight times the base damage, so I think it's good to heal that as quickly as possible.

Kefka can also attempt to Confuse a character, which makes them attack their own party, which could lead to a very sticky situation. Outside of Esuna and some other methods, the only way to heal confusion is to have the afflicted hit by a physical attack.

Any commands entered while the Confuse is being cast, but before you fire them off, will fire off as normal, but with reversed targeting. So, depending on when the Confuse hits, someone could be blasted with a Blitz, smoked by some Tools, or blown away by some magic. It missed Leave here, so no worries (I also had no commands entered for him).

At the end of the fight, Kefka growls at you.

Why shouldn't I?

You're the one using Flee and running off!

Funnily enough, Kefka drops a Peace Ring after the battle, which prevents Confusion and Berserk.

Kefka casts Warp, a spell to get you the hell out of Dodge, and takes his soldiers with him.

After, Terra cracks a pose, as she's figuring out this protagonist thing.

Probably where they loving left it, Remain.

Looks the same as it did last time, so I think so?

: It also appears to be...alive.

: Is that even possible...?

Uh, Terra, what's going on?

: Terra! What is it!?

Holy crap, she tried to murder Nathan.

Olivia has his back, though.

Hey, calm down, it's okay, we can get through this.

Or maybe not.

I remember what happened last time! Everyone, ruuuuuuuuun!

I don't know, but fight it, Terra! You can fight this feeling! Fight it anymore!

Well, that joke went over like a turd in a punch bowl.

I'm not being funny, so nothing unusual.

: The esper... It's responding to her!

: Terra... Get away from that thing!

That's not good. That was never good!

That's even more not good!

That's...I'm not sure what the hell that is.

Well, Terra can fly now. As well as having pink fur.

Aaaaaand she's off.

Terra has gone some distance; check the minimap for comparison if you want to be sure.

She's gettin' awful low there.

Pull up, Terra! Pull up!

She crashed so hard, she knocked Nathan's rear end into bed.

Either that, or he's letting out a death rattle.

: She turned into a...something...and flew off. She looked like...She looked like an esper

: Something happened to Terra... There must be some sort of connection between her and that esper... We need to find her! Witnesses said she went streaking westward across the sky, beyond Figaro.

Hey, Nathan, where's the fire? We don't even know where she is.

I'm not sure if that kind of promise is still active when your charge becomes a pink hell monster capable of flight.

There's also this, too. Would Terra want us to let Narshe get leveled because we're out looking for her? Does she even want us to look for her, for that matter?

Nathan isn't a fan of them not rushing off immediately to find Terra.

This is everyone nodding their agreement, by the way. It's not everyone having a melancholic moment in unison.

This is not Scooby Doo!

Though, that's better logic than Scoob and the Gang usually used.

That's right, the castle isn't mobile just because it would be awesome. It's both awesome and practical.

I don't know what those cities are, but we'll certainly find out!

However, before we do that, we need to choose a party. As you know there's four slots, so pick me out four party members, and be sure to BOLD your vote for who's coming along. You'll get a couple of days to vote, and the four characters with the most votes will form the party to go find Terra!

Leave fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Sep 8, 2016

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
Nathan, Remain, Leave, Olivia.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Nathan, Leave, Remain, and Olivia

Also a neat little thing is you can talk to your party members during the attack on Narshe

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Nathan, Remain, Leave, Olivia seems like a very effective choice.

ParanoidLogician
Jul 24, 2012

Where did the punster go when he was defeated? The "punitentiary"!
Nathan, Remain, Leave, and Olivia clearly seems like the best choice to go after Terra... but leaving an old samurai and some kid from the woods alone as the last defense seems like a bad idea.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Olivia, Leave, Remain, Nathan.

Count me in as someone else who doesn't like how Mowgli works mechanically. He's powerful if you know how all the mechanics work, but the way he works and the way you have to acquire his abilities are just way too obtuse.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Y-Hat posted:

Nathan, Remain, Leave, Olivia seems like a very effective choice.

This is really the only choice all things considered.

Make it so

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Can we leave a spot empty? If so, Leave, Nathan, Remain, Bowser

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
I just vote for Mowgli to come along. And you can totally run them out of guys. That's how I used to do it when I was a kid. There's a choke point along each path to Banon and you can just place a team in each, and boom. Takes a long rear end time, but it's free xp and money.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Jack, Mowgli, Remain and Leave

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Nathan, Olivia, Mowgli, Empty Slot. I can only assume that you merely forgot to make an empty slot an option and that you are not so far gone as to have omitted it intentionally.

DentD
Aug 13, 2015

I can predict the future! And you're going to be OKAY.
Leave, Remain, Nathan, Empty Slot.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Remain, Leave, Olivia, Nathan

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Nathan, Remain, Leave, Olivia

I have no idea why anyone would want to head out with a less than full party.

But anyway, this one has it all. Stealing, the best single-targeting attacks, the best multi-targeting attacks, and the only remaining healer.

Fudge Handsome
Jan 29, 2011

Shall we do it?

SMaster777 posted:

Nathan, Remain, Leave, Olivia.

Second this vote. The party just isn't complete without the brothers!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Nathan, you can't promise to protect every girl in the party. What are you, Zidane?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Glazius posted:

Nathan, you can't promise to protect every girl in the party. What are you, Zidane?

... Would that be such a bad thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Keeshhound posted:

... Would that be such a bad thing?

Nope considering spoilers that give me the heebie jeebies

• Locked thread