Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RBX
Jan 2, 2011

He said he's not using that for a long time and even if he did he's not sure how long he would last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Goku fights Black when Black isn't going anywhere near all out

If you're talking about when Black got took back to the future a while ago now, I'm not sure it wasn't that Black wasn't going all out, rather that him fighting Goku has boosted him well beyond his previous best. He's been hinted to have absorby powers somewhat.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Sep 6, 2016

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I really need to catch up so I have proper context on what's being talked about, but as this guy is apparently getting stronger constantly in combat, could it be the saiyan zenkai thing in overdrive basically?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If you're talking about when Black got took back to the future a while ago now, I'm not sure it wasn't that Black wasn't going all out, rather that him fighting Goku has boosted him well beyond his previous best. He's been hinted to have absorby powers somewhat.

He didn't hint he said it outright several times.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Yeah that links in with his talk of pain and how he keeps clutching his chest.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Been catching up and whom ever is possessing goku can't be either of the gods of universe 10. Goku black says that he didn't know he could go ssj but we have seen both gods see goku go ssj2 and blue.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

notaspy posted:

Been catching up and whom ever is possessing goku can't be either of the gods of universe 10. Goku black says that he didn't know he could go ssj but we have seen both gods see goku go ssj2 and blue.

The gods of Trunks timeline hadn't seen any of that.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think Bacterian could beat any Super era character. Krillin only beat him because he doesn't have a nose, after all. :v:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Eopia posted:

I really need to catch up so I have proper context on what's being talked about, but as this guy is apparently getting stronger constantly in combat, could it be the saiyan zenkai thing in overdrive basically?

I took it more as Black "figuring out how to use Goku's body" ala Ginyu's body change technique.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dango Bango posted:

I took it more as Black "figuring out how to use Goku's body" ala Ginyu's body change technique.

Dragonball-era Goku constantly got stronger during fights as he copied stuff/if he felt like it.

The DBZ 'Saiyans get stronger after defeat' boost was a significant downgrade.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That hasn't been a plot point since Namek every other time people bring up is a reach.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

RBX posted:

That hasn't been a plot point since Namek every other time people bring up is a reach.

Cell used it when he came back from exploding.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
Wouldn't a GoD be cool with the idea someone else is doing his job for him? IIRC Beerus hasn't blown up a planet since the Frieza arc of Super (that we know of). Dude is slacking.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Wouldn't a GoD be cool with the idea someone else is doing his job for him? IIRC Beerus hasn't blown up a planet since the Frieza arc of Super (that we know of). Dude is slacking.

They might regard it as blasphemy for lesser beings to muscle in on their gig.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think Bacterian could beat any Super era character. Krillin only beat him because he doesn't have a nose, after all. :v:

In that sense, the Devilman who has the laser that kills you if you have evil in your heart could probably take out Goku Black.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RBX posted:

they haven't been nearly dying much since cell, it's either buu killed them or they got kinda beat up but mostly they were fine. I think the only one that nearly died was gohan, who got spirited away to the supreme kai's planet to pretend he's king arthur

toriyama has probably forgotten all about it by now

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Rirse posted:

In that sense, the Devilman who has the laser that kills you if you have evil in your heart could probably take out Goku Black.

If we only had a rice cooker and someone who knew the Evil Containment Wave..

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RBX posted:

Neither has Kaioken.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Zenkai is a legitimate a suggestion the same way the idea that they could all just hang out in the hyperbolic time chamber for a weekend would also be a solution.

AKA it is there if the writers want it but otherwise it may as well not exist.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Near death power boosts worked the same way as weighted clothing.

Significant at first, but didn't scale at all.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

BizarroAzrael posted:

They might regard it as blasphemy for lesser beings to muscle in on their gig.

I wonder if there is a quota of planets that have to be blown up. Also, the GoD in universe 10 hasn't been revealed yet so I'm leaning towards the boat that think Black is the universe 10 GoD and just so happens to possess the body of Goku in Trunk's timeline but if that's the case I wonder why he's just loving around and wasting time on destroying Earth? If Vegeta was powerful enough to do it in his arc there must be a reason Black isn't just blowing it up when Trunks goes back to the past and has no resistance. Also, Beerus already mentioned that he doesn't have either time rings or earrings so maybe Zamasu hooked him up or something who knows.

I wish they kept the Saiyan talk a bit more ambiguous since whoever Black is, he's not Goku. The best twist would be that Goku accepted the GoD title in the future and is just a huge rear end in a top hat after dying in Trunk's timeline.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

sassassin posted:

Near death power boosts worked the same way as weighted clothing.

Significant at first, but didn't scale at all.

Zenaki scaling was utterly absurd. Vegeta went from Cui level to punking Dodoria and base Zarbon. Then the next time he thrashed Zarbon but was beaten by Recoome. Then the next time he recovered he was in the ballpark of Frieza form 1. Then his next recovery jumped over the level of Frieza forms 2 and 3.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pureauthor posted:

Zenaki scaling was utterly absurd. Vegeta went from Cui level to punking Dodoria and base Zarbon. Then the next time he thrashed Zarbon but was beaten by Recoome. Then the next time he recovered he was in the ballpark of Frieza form 1. Then his next recovery jumped over the level of Frieza forms 2 and 3.

You know considering how little Freeza did in form 3 before getting bored, I'd wager pretty good odds that Vegets would have lost if he actually fought him there.

Freeza was never really pushed to his limits before transforming- Form 1 he barely exerted himself against Vegeta, who was clearly out matched, Form 2 he started to have trouble against Piccolo but gained the upper hand and was winning before deciding to go to form 3, and yeah Form 3 just never got bothered much except for Gohan.

Gohan is the real prodigy and I'm shocked Vegeta never realized or caught on to that. Gohan was the only one of them who kept keeping up with Freeza in all of his forms, if only for a bit.

Well except his final form as Filler doesn't count.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

To be fair, I don't think we can be sure of that last bit. All we know is that Vegeta went from "Got punked by Freeza 2" to "Got humiliated by Freeza 4" - I don't think there's anything to confirm that Freeza 3 couldn't also punk Vegeta post-hole in chest, or even that Freeza 2 wouldn't be able to manage him. Until he went 100%, Freeza was never transforming because he felt like he needed to in order to win, he was just doing it out of a mixture of over-caution and a desire to be so far out of the gang's league that he could have fun toying with them.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Dodoria and zarbon weren't that much stronger and plus Vegeta mentions they don't do much fighting.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

RBX posted:

Makes sense they went back in time because I can't see them finishing this without beerus and Whis there.

I wonder how they're going to deal with the knowledge that Zamasu is responsible for Black somehow.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

I wonder if there is a quota of planets that have to be blown up. Also, the GoD in universe 10 hasn't been revealed yet so I'm leaning towards the boat that think Black is the universe 10 GoD and just so happens to possess the body of Goku in Trunk's timeline but if that's the case I wonder why he's just loving around and wasting time on destroying Earth? If Vegeta was powerful enough to do it in his arc there must be a reason Black isn't just blowing it up when Trunks goes back to the past and has no resistance. Also, Beerus already mentioned that he doesn't have either time rings or earrings so maybe Zamasu hooked him up or something who knows.

I wish they kept the Saiyan talk a bit more ambiguous since whoever Black is, he's not Goku. The best twist would be that Goku accepted the GoD title in the future and is just a huge rear end in a top hat after dying in Trunk's timeline.

They don't want to blow up the planet. They like the planet.

They hate the things living on it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

does zamasu hate plants

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Venus Flytraps are killers! And weeds! Dirty ningen, the whole lot of them.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Augus posted:

Venus Flytraps are killers! And weeds! Dirty ningen, the whole lot of them.

Zamasu, holding a plant: "I hate this human..."

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Adding to the god of destruction/goku black theory, keep in mind rose is a pun on the wine, not the flower, and all the Gods of Destruction and their attendants so far have alcohol name puns so....

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The way to defeat Zamasu is clearly to collect the Super Dragonballs and wish for all mortals to be immoral.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Oh god, by his definition of "mortal", you'd get immortal insects too. Can you imagine an unkillable swarm of mosquitoes?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

Adding to the god of destruction/goku black theory, keep in mind rose is a pun on the wine, not the flower, and all the Gods of Destruction and their attendants so far have alcohol name puns so....

I get it!

... Oh NOW I get it!

That's actually really clever.

So the GoD has taken over a Goku's body somehow, and they'll defeat him by killing Zamasu cos when he dies, the GoD dies. Genius.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

I get it!

... Oh NOW I get it!

That's actually really clever.

So the GoD has taken over a Goku's body somehow, and they'll defeat him by killing Zamasu cos when he dies, the GoD dies. Genius.

Other way around. Zamasu's immortal.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Rutibex posted:

The way to defeat Zamasu is clearly to collect the Super Dragonballs and wish for all mortals to be immoral.

I'm just excited that we finally have some magic plot-balls that you could use to wish for more wishes.

Yaaaaaaaaaay perpetual infinite power!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Other way around. Zamasu's immortal.

Yeah! So he wishes for immortality? Don't know why he's need the Super Dragon Balls for that, the regular ones grant immortality don't they? Unless they don't work on gods. So now the only mystery really is how he convinces the GoD to come on board with his plan (also how he gets him into Goku's body).

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The only thing I'm betting on for sure at this point is getting SSB Trunks at some point

he's too popular for Toei not to do this

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he'll be the first ssb2

the ghost of cool gohan will be very proud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

its not a pun on either dummy, its the french word for pink

• Locked thread