Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Xun posted:

The world completion guide is probably more useful for people who are grinding it to sell the gifts, not as a for fun thing

I thought all the gifts and poo poo were account bound? It's why I've never bothered world completing on the characters that are close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
They are, but the finished product and many of the other materials are not.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Sjonnar posted:

I thought all the gifts and poo poo were account bound? It's why I've never bothered world completing on the characters that are close.

The general idea in selling a gift of exploration is that someone sends you all the non-account bound materials and then you use your account bound gift of exploration to finish it for them and then send it back for money. It also requires you have some other stuff like dungeon tokens and a gift of battle (which used to be a lot easier to get) but none of that is particularly hard to get.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
So, has anyone else bothered checking out Basket Brawl?

You would really think that, after training their playerbase to sniff out level geometry like demented goats via often questionable jumping puzzles, that ANet would have more consideration about where they let you reach and stand on. Turns they didn't though and you can totally jump up and stand on top of your own or the opponent's net, quite possibly having brought the ball with you. You may now initiate the blitzball defense of hiding behind your own goal. Elbow anyone foolish enough to try and pursue you.

Edit: Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, I could not dunk myself. The geometry extends over the net.

Maldavos
May 26, 2015
Grimey Drawer
My son just started a Sylvari named "Fey Jerk." I couldn't be more proud.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Maldavos posted:

My son just started a Sylvari named "Fey Jerk." I couldn't be more proud.

:yeah:

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
is this game worth playing f2p or do you only get the meat of it if you buy the expansion

asking for a friend of course

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Mash posted:

is this game worth playing f2p or do you only get the meat of it if you buy the expansion

asking for a friend of course

xpac doesnt have much to it, just powercreep

think of it like dlc that gives you an overpowered weapon. games fine without it but you get stronger if you have it

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Dreggon posted:

xpac doesnt have much to it, just powercreep

think of it like dlc that gives you an overpowered weapon. games fine without it but you get stronger if you have it

true, guess i'll download it and see how it goes. :thumbsup:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

They haven't sold the reading glasses on gemstore lately, have they?

also lol

Lonk fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Sep 4, 2016

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
clearly a placeholder character model for when they make playable quaggans.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

did you miss mapchat?

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

I just got back from dinner with Magres.

Poutine pics incoming.

vvv jeez at least timg our dumb faces :colbert:

Pseudoscorpion fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Sep 5, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Poutine is actually good poo poo, it's basically cheesy fries with gravy on top

Also we're total loving goons for buying and posing with poutine. All for you Arus

Magres fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Sep 6, 2016

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Aahahahahaha amazing, two thumbs up

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Why did you post your pictures in the Gw2 thread

What lead to such horrible decision making

I BLAME ARUS

Aug 24, 2011

lmao

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
Guild Wars 2 - Post your picture

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

DonVincenzo posted:

Guild Wars 2 - Post your picture

Aug 24, 2011

welcome to pvp chat may i take your order

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Can you buy poutine delivery with in game currency yet?

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Dreggon posted:

welcome to pvp chat may i take your order

SlothBear posted:

Can you buy poutine delivery with in game currency yet?

The only place it's worth getting from is Canada and hoo boy, let me tell you about how you're getting hosed by the Canadian gold exchange rate.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I hate you. I want poutine now.

The Fro
Feb 25, 2006
:siren:

Hi everyone!

Just FYI, the Maguuma community website (http://maguuma.org) has been replaced with a new (better) forum. Sign up today!

:siren:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Fro rules

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
The hero we need.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Definitely not the one we deserve though, judging by Lonk's pictures...

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

red alert!!!!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's no Charr Car

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Thanks for the fantastic goomteq tonight, goons. I think this creeper might have set a single bomb record:

As a bonus, so many died to that creeper that we didn't even finish the burn phase and had to whittle down Teq's last couple percent of health in normal mode. Of course this led to tendrils and poison clouds, and even MORE dead (triple cloud on the chest when we finally won!):

Good times.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I've got a newbie question I can't google.

Human lady guardian, my shield sticks like a foot off of my hand, just floating there, except that if I go into the township of Claypool and try a practice shield it fits snugly against my characters hand. I've tried unequipping and reequiping the shield, buying a new one from the vendor, but it's always floating a fair distance away from my left hand.

Can anyone say if this will change as I get new shields or it just an anomaly that the trainee shield (which seems to be the same model?) fits so much better?

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

He had every exp / karma / mf booster on.

:saddowns:

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

treizebee posted:

He had every exp / karma / mf booster on.

:saddowns:

I assume this guy was a red that you found idling somewhere in wvw. And then you killed him?

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I may or may not have hidden a thing of some sort in the ghall, fellow dentists.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
oh god guys im sorry i posted gigantic pictures of poutine and of me and pseudo, i was phone posting and had no idea they would be enormous

i just got home today from being out of town and loaded SA on a proper computer for the first time in like a week

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Oh good, another week another post on reddit about "insider trading".

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Anyone up for the Subject 6 Deep- Sixer fractal achievement (for mastery point)?

It is the last Tyria Mastery point i need and i have tried getting groups for it to no avail.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Anyone up for the Subject 6 Deep- Sixer fractal achievement (for mastery point)?

It is the last Tyria Mastery point i need and i have tried getting groups for it to no avail.

If you're on now we can probably duo it on a low Thaumanova difficulty

E: Sorry nm, it's like 4:30am here and I need to get up tomorrow at some point by like 10am so I need to get the hell to bed before tomorrow becomes even more of a sleep deprived fever dream. Add Magres.2518 and ask me in game some time when you see me on and we can bang it out

Magres fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Sep 6, 2016

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Thanks!

I am on EU time though and am able to play from 19.00 to 23.00 central european time (5 PM to 9 PM UTC i believe)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Underwater expansion news incoming this week. Hope y'all crafted your ascended breather and poking sticks. They'll be vital for the underwater raid wings that'll have the new legendary aqua breather as reward.

e: hoping for submarines in the borderlands powered by burning up Quaggan corpses

dad on the rag fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 6, 2016

• Locked thread