Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
same to you bub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Trent posted:

They're extremely consistent if you allow a wide margin for some very vague details.

By the same token, there are a lot of sources giving shockingly similar descriptions of flying saucers with grey aliens giving anal probes and mutilating cattle.

Doesn't necessarily mean that we "know" much of anything.

Right, because Eurogamer, MCV, and the Wall Street Journal are all equivalent to the Weekly World News.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I had a weird dream that Waluigi was confirmed to be given his own game for the nx and it was a waluigi version of wall street kid

So it was waluigi street kid basically

codenameFANGIO posted:

His Vine is just him recording Mario, Luigi and Wario figures conversing with each other about things he sees in public.

And having mario ask luigi if he can pronounce the word "chorizo" a bunch

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Reiley posted:

Daisy is evil Peach, that's why they only let her be in the sports games.

Actually, where the hell are princess beach and princess bedaisy?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Brown Peach

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i think this comic would work a lot better if the third panel was first and the previously first panel didn't exist

just my opinion

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

oddium posted:

i think this comic would work a lot better if the third panel was first and the previously first panel didn't exist

just my opinion

its a pathetic ripoff of a better comic that i can't seem to google up

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

greatn posted:

Who will die first you think, Charles Martinet, Shigeru Miyamoto, or at the same time?

Same time, in a suicide pact, obviously.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Will you be able to download and play old school Nintendo games on this console?????

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

fridge corn posted:

Will you be able to download and play old school Nintendo games on this console?????

All signs point to "Maybe"

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

I had a weird dream that Waluigi was confirmed to be given his own game for the nx and it was a waluigi version of wall street kid

So it was waluigi street kid basically

I would play this.

As for the alleged Nintendo thing from that German site, we did get a video from Nintendo, but it's just a thing about Pokemon (which you can see here if you want, 2:48 long). The day isn't over yet, so the chance of an NX reveal still exists, but I don't think it's going to happen. I've seen around September 15th as a reveal date too, but that was from a Wall Street Journal article that was mostly about the fact that the NX is going to use cartridges, which we've known for a while now, and just says in the relevant paragraph (emphasis mine):

quote:

A Nintendo spokesman declined to comment on whether the NX would use cartridges. The company has been tight-lipped about the system beyond saying that it would be unveiled by the end of this year. Analysts have said an announcement could come ahead of the Tokyo Game Show, which begins Sept. 15.

It doesn't say who these analysts are, of course, and for all we know it could be Michael Pachter, The Man Who Is Always Wrong About Everything.

If you can't read the article because of paywalls or whatever, the article is just "Nintendo is going to use cartridges" and then background information that, if you give enough fucks to actually read a thread about Nintendo consoles, you already know.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

fridge corn posted:

Yes, but only NES games. Balloon Fight and Clu Clu Land will be available at launch. One new title will be added every three months.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

The Wii U introduced the Double Virtual Console: you could emulate a Wii emulating N64 (etc) games.
Can't wait for the potential Triple (maybe more!) Virtual Console.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I thought Nintendo historically had little to no presence at TGS.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They don't, but they announce stuff around the same time without attending. Because everybody announces stuff in September. For example, tomorrow is an apple conference and a PlayStation event.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sout posted:

The Wii U introduced the Double Virtual Console: you could emulate a Wii emulating N64 (etc) games.
Can't wait for the potential Triple (maybe more!) Virtual Console.

Then if you play a game like DK64 that has a classic game emulator within it...

but the WiiU isn't really emulating a Wii, though, too bad

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Nintendo announcing before TGS is usually an ok to the developers working on games to show their NX games on the TGS floor even if Nintendo themselves don't show up.

It's why like the second the Bone and the PS4 announcements came out suddenly press releases from like every company under the sun came that were working on games for it.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Trent posted:

Then if you play a game like DK64 that has a classic game emulator within it...

but the WiiU isn't really emulating a Wii, though, too bad

yeah, backwards compatibility is a better term I guess, but it was weird how some VC games could be copied across by data transfer and were launched from the Wii screen.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So I follow Krysta Yang on twitter, from Nintendo minute, and just noticed she's on vacation in Italy for two weeks. I feel like if they were going to announce NX they would have a Nintendo minute video soon afterward. But with the host on vacation they wouldn't be making one anytime soon. Though I guess it could be prerecorded already.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
What about playing Mario 64 DS on the U's VC? Was 64DS a remake or an emu?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
lol if any of you think nintendo will anounce the NX this month. I still think they'll hold off as much as possible just because they know we want to know about it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

lol if any of you think nintendo will anounce the NX this month. I still think they'll hold off as much as possible just because they know we want to know about it.

A pox on your "lol". The NX will be announced this month.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

ah yes, the old "gently caress you" style of business.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Wildtortilla posted:

What about playing Mario 64 DS on the U's VC? Was 64DS a remake or an emu?

It's a remake, it has a series of minigames and shows off the single carriage multiplayer option of the DS that almost nothing else used. I think Mario Kart did but everyone had to be a generic driver but the person with the cart and they got lovely stats.

In the actual game you can be Yoshi, Lugi, and Wario in addition to Mario.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

greatn posted:

So I follow Krysta Yang on twitter, from Nintendo minute, and just noticed she's on vacation in Italy for two weeks. I feel like if they were going to announce NX they would have a Nintendo minute video soon afterward. But with the host on vacation they wouldn't be making one anytime soon. Though I guess it could be prerecorded already.

I like Nintendo Minute too, but I think you are overestimating its importance in the larger scheme of things.

Unless this was a joke that just flew over my head.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

If Nintendo doesn't announce this thing soon, I'll roll up my sleeves and announce it myself.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Al-Saqr posted:

There's going to be a lot of disappointed people this month who somehow convinced themselves September is the month the NX gets officially announced.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If they don't announce it by next month it will be entertaining to see how Kimi explains this to the investors.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

greatn posted:

If they don't announce it by next month it will be entertaining to see how Kimi explains this to the investors.

Is October when the next investors report occurs?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm worried that with all the rumors flying around Nintendo's going to have a challenge explaining this thing to idiot customers who will undoubtedly mix rumors and truth.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
After they completely failed to explain the Wii U, now their new business plan is "explain nothing"

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm worried that with all the rumors flying around Nintendo's going to have a challenge explaining this thing to idiot customers who will undoubtedly mix rumors and truth.

People are already upset this portable device isn't going to have a 500gb hard drive.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wildtortilla posted:

So what

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What if they announce it and I miss preorders!? Because I took my eyes of NeoGAF for one loving hour!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

some say we've already seen the nx

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The NES ClassiX

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

greatn posted:

What if they announce it and I miss preorders!? Because I took my eyes of NeoGAF for one loving hour!

your eyes could do well with taking them off neogaf for hours, even years

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's a lot harder to sell a product to a customer who doesn't know what it is, or whose misunderstanding of the product drives them away.

People didn't want to buy a $300 Wii controller, and they thought the Wii U was that, so they didn't buy it. That wasn't the only factor, of course, but it was in the mix.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Assuming rumors for NX are true, the sales pitch isn't complicated. It's a game console that plays all the best Nintendo games, buy unlike other game consoles, you(r kid) can take it with you and play those same games anywhere. You(r kid) can even play with a friend, right out of the box, no additional controllers required.

AC adapter not included

As as they divorce it from Wii branding and form factor, and don't call it the New Nintendo WiiU it should be easy to explain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Supercar Gautier posted:

It's a lot harder to sell a product to a customer who doesn't know what it is, or whose misunderstanding of the product drives them away.

People didn't want to buy a $300 Wii controller, and they thought the Wii U was that, so they didn't buy it. That wasn't the only factor, of course, but it was in the mix.

Oh no!

• Locked thread