Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

OxySnake posted:

My main .5 ppr league just saw someone drop Duke Johnson and Matt Ryan to waivers.

I am praying no one else grabs them. :fap:

Matt Ryan belongs on waivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

OxySnake posted:

My main .5 ppr league just saw someone drop Duke Johnson and Matt Ryan to waivers.

I am praying no one else grabs them. :fap:

Johnson is a steal, yes, but did you mean to type another name besides Ryan? He's not particularly valuable, even as a backup.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm in a 12 team PPR league that starts 3 WR/2RB with no flex

WR: Brown/Edelman/Benjamin/Austin/Sanu
RB: Gurley/Ingram/Duke/Gore/Coleman/McKinnon

I went a bit harder on RB than I meant to in the draft, but someone offered me Rishard Matthews for Duke Johnson. Is that a deal I should take, or should I try to go for better? His other WRs are Marshall, Moncrief, Crabtree, White, and Fuller.

He also asked if I'd be willing to part with Ingram instead, is it worth going after one of his top three WRs with Ingram and rolling with Gurley/Gore/Duke?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Rick Grimes posted:

To cut down on this, we instituted a shot rule. Owner of a repeated player picks any shot off the bar for the offender. One of our guys may learn after this year, 2 Absinthe and a Campari.

In other news, apparently Forsett is a FA in my one ESPN league. I assume I drop my QB2 for him? (Ben/Carson)

Also, do I bid on him now? Thinking $3-5 of my $100 FAB, or let him go until 3 AM tonight and just hope he passes?

e:Pic should work now

We do the same shot-per-infraction rule for my auction league. It leads to funny snowballs, where a guy like makes a mistake and nominates a taken player, gets more wasted and keeps doing it.

Forsett is currently, and correct me if I'm wrong, 3rd on the depth chart of a RBBC team with a middling run game. Forsett, as far as I'm concerned, is not worth a pickup unless you are like 100% desperate for RBs and have a doo doo player to drop. I'm a little confused as to why you have Top 10 QBs as your backups, too. Is Dalton your "#1" QB? Or maybe Dr. Ben Carson is one of your players?

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 6, 2016

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm in a 12 team PPR league that starts 3 WR/2RB with no flex

WR: Brown/Edelman/Benjamin/Austin/Sanu
RB: Gurley/Ingram/Duke/Gore/Coleman/McKinnon

I went a bit harder on RB than I meant to in the draft, but someone offered me Rishard Matthews for Duke Johnson. Is that a deal I should take, or should I try to go for better? His other WRs are Marshall, Moncrief, Crabtree, White, and Fuller.

He also asked if I'd be willing to part with Ingram instead, is it worth going after one of his top three WRs with Ingram and rolling with Gurley/Gore/Duke?

I don't think you went too hard on RB, even for a 2 RB league.
In a PPR, I would not trade Duke for anything. He caught 61 passes last year, and Ingram will get injured at some point. If Sanu, Austin, or Benjamin just do okay, you've got a serviceable WR3 and are starting a pretty stacked PPR team with enough RB depth to go the distance.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 6, 2016

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

Who should I drop to pick up Christine Michael? (non-ppr)

Trying to decide between Snead, Powell, Rishad Matthews, and Michael Thomas.

I'm leaning Rishad Matthews. Thoughts?

Anyone? As a Charles owner I think I should grab Michael, especially with the news that Rawls probably isn't starting week 1.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

This always happens with least knowledgeable people in my leagues.

11th round... "I'll take Brandon Cooks."
"He was drafted in the 2nd round Jeff..."
"Ah, my bad, I'll take Dez Bryant then."

My mother in law has done this so many times that next year I'm tempted to assign someone else to just cross players off her sheet.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

Rishard Matthews

RCarr posted:

I'm leaning Rishad Matthews.

Two people mentioning Rishad Matthews today, like he's not the second WR on what's expected to be the most run-heavy team in the league
Did I miss some news and Tajae Sharpe got injured or something.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Sep 6, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Drunk Nerds posted:

Two people mentioning Rishad Matthews today, like he's not a horrible player on a squad that overlooks him.
Did I miss some news and Tajae Sharpe got injured or something.

To be fair RCarr is talking about dropping him and I vaguely remember actively not drafting him.

Drunk Nerds posted:

I don't think you went too hard on RB, even for a 2 RB league.
In a PPR, I would not trade Duke for anything. He caught 61 passes last year, and Ingram will get injured at some point. If Sanu, Austin, or Benjamin just do okay, you've got a serviceable WR3 and are starting a pretty stacked PPR team with enough RB depth to go the distance.

Do you think I should try to get one of his top three for Ingram then? Or just sit on my depth?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rishad is not a bad player.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
It's Rishard and he's going to be the #1 because rookies are doodoo that get hyped higher than they should during the offseason.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

And Forsett just got signed to a 2 year, $6 million extension. This whole situation is so bizarre.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Oh god someone please answer my question I have the add screen open and I'm about to roll a dice or something to decide.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Oh god someone please answer my question I have the add screen open and I'm about to roll a dice or something to decide.

Dropping Matthews is fine. I expect you'll have wished you'd dropped one of Snead or Thomas instead by the end of the season (I doubt both outscore Matthews, that is), but no way to know now which will be worth less.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

It's Rishard and he's going to be the #1 because rookies are doodoo that get hyped higher than they should during the offseason.

Please keep saying this. Once a day I go to my league's waivers and debate dropping Rishard for Tajae because the notes keep making me doubt Rishard's #1 on the chart status.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yesterday I felt like I hadn't drafted enough so I drafted two times on public ESPN leagues; one auction and one snake ppr. What is wrong with me, goddamn.

Not mock drafts, mind you; those free leagues. I'm now playing fantasy football with pubbies.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Cervixalot posted:

And Forsett just got signed to a 2 year, $6 million extension. This whole situation is so bizarre.

I read speculation that he got a small bonus and it was some roster shenanigans due to the order of cuts and IR and waivers and stuff. Basically doing that with Forsett was way to guarantee they didn't lose a player they wanted while getting down to 53 in the order of operations for IR/cut/etc. No idea if there's truth to that.

MacheteZombie posted:

Please keep saying this. Once a day I go to my league's waivers and debate dropping Rishard for Tajae because the notes keep making me doubt Rishard's #1 on the chart status.

I'm probably wrong :D

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

I'm probably wrong :D

:negative:

*hurries off to roster both like an idiot*

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead

Drunk Nerds posted:

Forsett is currently, and correct me if I'm wrong, 3rd on the depth chart of a RBBC team with a middling run game. Forsett, as far as I'm concerned, is not worth a pickup unless you are like 100% desperate for RBs and have a doo doo player to drop. I'm a little confused as to why you have Top 10 QBs as your backups, too. Is Dalton your "#1" QB? Or maybe Dr. Ben Carson is one of your players?

Yeah, I messed that up. Ben/Dalton. But I wasn't sure on Forsett's status/depth at the moment. Thanks.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

:negative:

*hurries off to roster both like an idiot*

Just to be clear, we're talking about receivers on a team that in 2015 had the top three WRs put up 550, 400, and 400 yards, and that is primed to be much more run heavy this year. Sharpe or Matthews are not going to be making or breaking your team. You'll be fortunate to get a top 40 WR out of either of them. Just pick the one that you like better for literally any reason at all, haha.

Rick Grimes posted:

Yeah, I messed that up. Ben/Dalton. But I wasn't sure on Forsett's status/depth at the moment. Thanks.

Using the very scientific method of playing time in preseason week 3 and 4, Buck Allen is the only RB in consideration that saw week 4 time, so he's 3rd on the chart. Then Forsett was the starter week 3 but West got more work overall. Looks to me like Forsett has a tenuous hold at the top, but West has looked better and could take the starting gig. Forsett and Dixon both played the first drive with Flacco and part of the second before Terrance West got involved, fwiw. Super muddy, but Forsett is certainly not buried on the depth chart as far as I can tell.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

RVProfootballer posted:

Just to be clear, we're talking about receivers on a team that in 2015 had the top three WRs put up 550, 400, and 400 yards, and that is primed to be much more run heavy this year. Sharpe or Matthews are not going to be making or breaking your team. You'll be fortunate to get a top 40 WR out of either of them. Just pick the one that you like better for literally any reason at all, haha.

This 1000x

I was given multiple opportunities to draft/add both of these guys, and instead I have Aiken, Stills, and Terrelle loving Pryor, that's how little I give a poo poo about owning a Titans WR.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

To be fair RCarr is talking about dropping him and I vaguely remember actively not drafting him.

Do you think I should try to get one of his top three for Ingram then? Or just sit on my depth?

Sit at your depth is what I would do for sure. Your WR1 and 2 are super-solid, and you've got three reasonable chances for a WR3. Your RBs are great, and once they inevitably get hurt, you've got the almighty duke johnson to step in for some easy points, plus some more depth should the injury bug hit you big. I feel great about your team.

Edit: Wait, how did you get Brown AND Gurley in a 12 team league?

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 6, 2016

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RVProfootballer posted:

This is an important point to remember. The boom of 2014 rookie WRs is still leaving hype ripples on otherwise bleh rookie WRs.
I still don't have much hope for even the WR1 on tennessee. That team would run 90% of the time if they could

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

This is an important point to remember. The boom of 2014 rookie WRs is still leaving hype ripples on otherwise bleh rookie WRs.

Also this

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

I still don't have much hope for even the WR1 on tennessee. That team would run 90% of the time if they could

Do you think this applies to one Sterling Shephard?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Drunk Nerds posted:

Edit: Wait, how did you get Brown AND Gurley in a 12 team league?

Keeper league, forgot to mention it, sorry. Four per team to start the draft, Ingram and Reed were my other two.

vvv I finished fifth because of a bad first week in the playoffs :( vvv

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Sep 6, 2016

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

Keeper league, forgot to mention it, sorry. Four per team to start the draft, Ingram and Reed were my other two.

Congrats on winning your league last year.

Spiros posted:

Do you think this applies to one Sterling Shephard?

Heck yes, throw in the New York media overblowing everything, and he goes for way over his true value. I'd pick him up, though, if for some bizarre reason he was on my waiver wire. That team passes way more and he'll get tons of single coverage.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
10 team league with pretty standard Yahoo scoring, 1 PPR and 20 yards per point on receiving yards.
QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T flex, K, DEF

I have:

QB: Tom Brady, Matt Stafford
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Brandon Marshall, Brandin Cooks, Eric Decker, Michael Floyd
RB: Danny Woodhead, Gio Bernard, Theo Riddick, Jerick McKinnon
TE: Jordan Reed, Julius Thomas
K: no one
DEF: who cares

I need to pick up a kicker; am I crazy for wanting to drop Thomas instead of McKinnon? If Reed produces like last year, I don't foresee wanting to sit him in favour of Thomas at any point and I'll likely be starting one of my WRs in the FLEX spot for the duration of the season. I'm a huge McKinnon fan and feel like his upside is huge if Peterson gets hurt or starts to decline, and even if that doesn't happen, I feel like he's still startable in certain weeks anyway.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Really this headache is my own fault. I know better than to draft any Titans player.

I'm sticking with Rishard though because I had him in dynasty during his most productive weeks last season.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You have literally zero reason to own a backup tight end. Drop Thomas.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

ColdBlooded posted:

10 team league with pretty standard Yahoo scoring, 1 PPR and 20 yards per point on receiving yards.
QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T flex, K, DEF

I have:

QB: Tom Brady, Matt Stafford
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Brandon Marshall, Brandin Cooks, Eric Decker, Michael Floyd
RB: Danny Woodhead, Gio Bernard, Theo Riddick, Jerick McKinnon
TE: Jordan Reed, Julius Thomas
K: no one
DEF: who cares

I need to pick up a kicker; am I crazy for wanting to drop Thomas instead of McKinnon? If Reed produces like last year, I don't foresee wanting to sit him in favour of Thomas at any point and I'll likely be starting one of my WRs in the FLEX spot for the duration of the season. I'm a huge McKinnon fan and feel like his upside is huge if Peterson gets hurt or starts to decline, and even if that doesn't happen, I feel like he's still startable in certain weeks anyway.

Even in PPR, 3 rbs is a pretty thin bench. I do see your issue though: Would be nice to keep thomas to back up Reed.

You're going to have a tough time every week deciding which WRs to start, as well... so maybe you could bundle a WR with a RB for a better RB and do a 2-for-1 trade to free up a spot?

If not, yeah a backup TE is usually the most droppable player. Especially, as others are mentioning, it's a 10 team league and someone will be there in the FA

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ColdBlooded posted:

am I crazy for wanting to drop Thomas instead of McKinnon?

There's no need to roster a backup tight end, especially in a 10-team league. By the time your bye rolls around you'll have someone you can drop, including possibly your starting tight end because every year there's like four random tight ends who suddenly break out and have big seasons.

e. Drop Thomas now. Wait till week 8 (Reed's bye) and then either trade him to someone stupid, or just straight up drop him for a producing TE who already had their bye week.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 6, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

every year there's like four random tight ends who suddenly break out and have big seasons.

Clive Walford

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Thanks for confirming what I was thinking, I'm going to drop Thomas if I can't include him in a 2 for 1 trade.

There's a guy who only has Eifert as his TE right now, I'm going to see if I can fleece him.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I believe in Black Unicorn this year.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I had to autodraft cause I was at a concert but ended up with a solid squad. I feel like Eli is going to have monster year with his WR weapons. Really pissed at my RB / Defense situation though.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
drop that extra dst for ware if available.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Also drop/trade your backup QB and TE for RB lotto tickets.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

RCarr posted:

Also drop/trade your backup QB and TE for RB lotto tickets.

What does this mean? Ware is available on Waivers. After Wednesday you can pick them up without it being charged as a waiver pickup correct>?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Put in a waiver claim on that player. waiver periods are a period where anyone can put in a claim on a player and depending on your league's rules, a team is chosen based on the ruleset criteria to receive that player. Usually its something like reverse standings or a blind auction.

Lotto tickets are dudes that have high potential but may not actually pan out. Like Jerick McKinnon.

You should waiver for players because if you wait you may not get the player. Usually there is a "free agency" period after the waiver period ends for immediate pick ups.

• Locked thread