Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

GORDON posted:

Yeah and I said everyone one of YOUR ancestors did. Am I wrong?

I'm just trying to explain why it's OK that I never gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

notZaar posted:

I'm just trying to explain why it's OK that I never gently caress.

Ah, my bad. Carry on!

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Er, wha?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Is this how astronauts are gonna strength train in the near future? p. cool stuff if true

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Get away from her you bitch!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

GORDON posted:

Hey you know that rack where the bar slides up and down the rails, and there are hooks so you can just twist the bar and latch it on to the rack?

I've seen people squatting in that thing, benching, incline benching, decline benching with the sit-up bench, and yeah, even curling.... but today I saw two guys taking turns.... lying on the floor on their backs, feet pushing up on the bar, doing leg presses. That was a new one. Is that an awesome idea, or stupid as hell? I mean, there's a squat sled right over there, and a legit squat rack a few feet away from that, and leg extension and curl machines.

I've seen people do that.

... Dunno why. Not sure if it's better or worse or what, but it does seem like a lot of effort and an awkward position.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Probably better for your joints than actually squatting in one.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

notZaar posted:

Get away from her you bitch!

poo poo, new Alien remake lookin' good...

Placid Marmot
Apr 28, 2013

GORDON posted:

Yeah and I said everyone one of YOUR ancestors did. Am I wrong?

Yes, you're wrong. Your great-great-great-aunt was one of your ancestors but she didn't necessarily have any children. This is something that you should reflect upon when doing lateral raises.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

gently caress you hurricane, I'm doing deadlifts.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nice dildo

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
First time on a rowing machine since ... march? Then dumbbell presses and rows, then legwork.

It's a good day when you almost fall over trying to take your disgustingly sweaty tank off in the locker room.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

someone take the scene in wall-e where the captain stands up for the first time in his life with the song Also Sprach Zarathustra playing in the background, put the captain "The morning after leg day" and some emojis on it, then post it to facebook for me tia

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I usually feel pretty good the morning after leg day. 24-36 hours later is when the DOMS comes in hot.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hows your salami intake the day after

speaking of salami, its shoulder day :grin:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah I can still feel some mild ache in my legs and I did squats on wednesday

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Almost finished a cut and looking forward to getting some sweet sweet gains. I must learn to adapt to salami.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So my boss started working out in the gym and it feels awkard dressing down nude in the locker room with him, like im breakin boundaries that should not be broken

tbh i never needed to know what my bosss penis looked like

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I feel like that lovely hump day camel, but with leg day.

GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Zzulu posted:

So my boss started working out in the gym and it feels awkard dressing down nude in the locker room with him, like im breakin boundaries that should not be broken

Did your boss not do your interview when you were hired?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

Did your boss not do your interview when you were hired?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Benched 4 reps of 250 last night. Today I see how many reps of 435 I can deadlift before my back snaps like a twig.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

bamhand posted:

Benched 4 reps of 250 last night. Today I see how many reps of 435 I can deadlift before my back snaps like a twig.

Protip: Do one less than that.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Zzulu posted:

See if you're bigger. If you are, swagger up to him, while naked of course, and start talking shop. Be sure to emphasize any hip movement so your junk swings too. Soon, you'll be a able to assert further dominance even while you're both clothed. Then it'll be a one way ticket to the top of the corporate ladder!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

sassassin posted:

Protip: Do one less than that.

Sounds like advice someone with a functioning back would give.

Also at some point my "athletic cut" jeans have been mysteriously replaced with skinny jeans.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Cut those flabby thighs missy.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
staying at the wynn for 2 nights for work this week i will post a review of the gym later this week

god bles

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What's a wynn

Sounds like a fantasy setting location

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Started bulking season. Bowels not used to this much work. Supplementing with additional coffee has only been partially successful.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Come on Chris!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

What's a wynn

Sounds like a fantasy setting location

its a fancy hotel in las vegas built by a guy whose name is wynn

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
My gym is currently Rick rolling me.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Back to the gym for the first time in 6 weeks. loving sore. Still squatting more than most dumb dumbs though so I feel pretty good.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Today I was pissing like a mother fucker at work and went from 197 to 194 in the span of a few hours. I didn't even take a poo poo, so I dunno what's up with that. Of course, it's a small freight scale but most days it seems fairly consistent, I weigh myself on it all the time, because that's time I'm not actually working.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Chinatown posted:

staying at the wynn for 2 nights for work this week i will post a review of the gym later this week

god bles
hope you like rows and rows of bullshit cardio crap

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
MF'er took the only bench rack in the gym for like 40 minutes ... He was alternating benching with weighted pull-ups, browsing his phone, talking to other people and scratching his ballsack. I gave him the stinkeye, but he didn't seem to care much.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Today I was pissing like a mother fucker at work and went from 197 to 194 in the span of a few hours. I didn't even take a poo poo, so I dunno what's up with that. Of course, it's a small freight scale but most days it seems fairly consistent, I weigh myself on it all the time, because that's time I'm not actually working.

Diabetes.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Actually I had a large rear end poop sitting in there, prob was pressing on my prostate. I pooped it out just now and I feel better. Still was a weird swing in a weight though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

How much is the error margin of the scale?

• Locked thread