Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I just hope we can dress like members of the evil teams this go around.

For all X/Y did right, not having dumb Flare accessories/hair color/duds to deck your character out in was a misstep imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

team skull crimes: stealing pokemon, i guess???

team aether crimes: artificial island, probably experiments on pokemon because lmao at the idea of street punks having the tech to do that, look like villains

whats so evil about an artificial island. it's all white too, so that means its good. and dont think punks cant do technology stuff, look at Cassius from gen 6.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Aether dudes are legit.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Zore posted:

Mr. Mime, Mime Jr., Porygon-Z, and Porygon2 should all count as well.

Oh, yeah, there's actually loads when you think about it. I'll admit I was stuck on just Farfetch'd for a while and then more started popping into my head but I missed a bunch more

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Anyone else think Devon Corp might be the real bad guys in gen 3?? I mean, they seem too nice and helpful to actually be good guys, not only that, but they're a big corporation, so they're trying to do something evil and make money??. And the president has some connection with the champion??? and Team Aqua/Magma are trying to "steal" their "goods"?? Seems super fishy to me!!!!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

mabels big day posted:

Anyone else think Devon Corp might be the real bad guys in gen 3?? I mean, they seem too nice and helpful to actually be good guys, not only that, but they're a big corporation, so they're trying to do something evil and make money??. And the president has some connection with the champion??? and Team Aqua/Magma are trying to "steal" their "goods"?? Seems super fishy to me!!!!

this but unironically

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Zore posted:

this but unironically

yeah, same

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Punchdrunk lobster is the best.

I wonder if fat pikachu lovers will be happy with fat Raticate.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mabels big day posted:

capitalism is evil, friend

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

mandatory lesbian posted:

capitalism is evil, friend

well it's a good thing that devon corp literally hands you like all their products for free

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I believe in ya boy Guzma.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Spoilers: any group of people talking about making their own paradise or who's leader is calling out for all people to follow then and how they'll take care of them in their Paradise is probably super loving evil.

Aether's doing both.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Elfgames posted:

well it's a good thing that devon corp literally hands you like all their products for free

i'm sure the poor poke-indian children are happy to know their slave labor wasn't even worth actual money

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

mabels big day posted:

whats so evil about an artificial island. it's all white too, so that means its good. and dont think punks cant do technology stuff, look at Cassius from gen 6.

White is actually the most evil color

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Spoilers: any group of people talking about making their own paradise or who's leader is calling out for all people to follow then and how they'll take care of them in their Paradise is probably super loving evil.

Aether's doing both.

oh i see how this is gonna tie in with the diamond/pearl remakes now

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

There's nothing evil about selling pokemon, Skull did nothing wrong.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
burbo have you finally seen that touhou is bad now

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

but honestly, if there's a theme of weird, artificial pokemon made to fight legendaries and whatever the hell that jellyfish thing is then i'm probably going to assume that the techy-looking group that built their own island is more liable to be involved than the street punks who are squatting out in the road and trying to sell pokemon for cash

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm going to do a Guzlocke run of Sun. In a Guzlocke you can only use Pokemon that ya boy Guzma would use.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

burbo have you finally seen that touhou is bad now

actually its good, im just going for a change of pace for my avatars at the moment

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
the aether foundation is

this but pokemon.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

greatn posted:

I'm going to do a Guzlocke run of Sun. In a Guzlocke you can only use Pokemon that ya boy Guzma would use.

Dude rocks an Ariados.

I can respect it, but I can't follow it.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Silph Co. was evil all along. They set up a 10 year old to be the fall guy on their masterball project.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

i'm sure the poor poke-indian children are happy to know their slave labor wasn't even worth actual money

lol if you think those were made by people and not like Elgyem being paid in moldy poffins

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

I wonder if fat pikachu lovers will be happy with fat Raticate.

I like them both

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Decus posted:

Silph Co. was evil all along. They set up a 10 year old to be the fall guy on their masterball project.

Silph Co. made a machine specifically so you could hunt and capture dead souls.

Also they have a loving teleporter maze in their main offices. How does that not scream 'supervillain'.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i, for one, am a fan of the vito corleone rat

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Zore posted:

Silph Co. made a machine specifically so you could hunt and capture dead souls.

Also they have a loving teleporter maze in their main offices. How does that not scream 'supervillain'.

Woah i'm with you on the first part but if i have the money and the technology drat right i'm putting a teleporter maze in my office

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Say what you will about Team Skull, I bet they only sell non-generated Pokemon.

Well, unless they have any Type: Null.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Johnny Joestar posted:

but honestly, if there's a theme of weird, artificial pokemon made to fight legendaries and whatever the hell that jellyfish thing is then i'm probably going to assume that the techy-looking group that built their own island is more liable to be involved than the street punks who are squatting out in the road and trying to sell pokemon for cash

Yeah, Team Skull does not scream "major threat" to me. Unlike the creepy cultish group.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I just assumed the teleporters were meant for easy accessability but team rocket hacked them while they were holding the president hostage.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Unrelated to the not evil tech team that's totally evil, Faticate is the best and I want one. If he's Moon exclusive that's made my decision final.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm going to relax on the Aether Foundation's artificial paradise island resort in the post-game, complete with Battle Frontier facilities and services unlocking full IV strength and Hidden Abilities making breeding for perfect pokemon a thing of the past.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

alcharagia posted:

the aether foundation is

this but pokemon.

Wicke can hold me in her arms any day. :allears:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

transfer arceustwo to Endless Diamond/Cosmic Pearl to start the hall of origins event

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

GlitchThief posted:

Say what you will about Team Skull, I bet they only sell non-generated Pokemon.

Well, unless they have any Type: Null.

One of the Skull Admins has a Type: Null as his ace pokemon.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Manatee Cannon posted:

pokemon snap is in this game? finally, a pokemon minigame for me

it's a chimera

Bring back underground mining

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Zore posted:

One of the Skull Admins has a Type: Null as his ace pokemon.

No you see

I bet he used to be with Aether but then he found out they were doing weird chimera experiments so he rescued Type:Null and joined Skull

It all comes together maaaaaaaan

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like Type:76.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Look at this guy

There is no way this guy isnt evil.