Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I love anime ship quests, they bring out the really lovely players who are super easy to farm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ZombieLenin posted:

Go back and reread my post before jumping down my throat. What I said was, "I realize you want to make camo a consumable"; however, even if I meant what you think I meant, what's so weird? In World of Tanks you can spend gold to permanently camo your tanks... with 4% to concealment permanently!

So my intention was only to say that, since you have to re-up camo every match, it'd be nice if the ship models/default skins were at least their historical paint schemes instead of being ahistorical rust buckets.

Again, been playing the game two weeks, but so far I've only seen this on premium ships, and the camo patterns are not necessarily historical.
A number of high tier ships have "permaflages", permanent camos that can be purchased with doubloons. My Fubuki, for instance. All premium ships also have "Permaflages" that come with the boat, too. I think the USS Texas has an extra purchasable one. Some ships had New Years permaflages that could have been bought last year.

Permaflage offers the same bonuses as the Type 5 camo (-3% detection radius, -4% to enemy accuracy). Also, depending on the ship (usually the tier of the ship), the Permaflage offers a few more bonuses. For T8s (like the Fubuki), its +50% exp gain and -5% repair cost. or T9s (like the Fletcher or Iowa), its +100% exp gain and -10% repair cost. Its rumored that when T10s get permaflages, they will have ~100-150% xp gain and ~15-20% repair cost reduction.

I suppose if you play the ship a lot it will save you credits on camo, plus the repair cost discount will add up fairly quickly for the high tier boats. And all the bonus XP banked can be converted if you're that sort of a person. I think the Anshan is the only premium ship which has a permaflage that boosts Free Experience income, though. They are fairly pricy in doubloons, though. 3k for T8 permaflage, 4k for T9.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

ZombieLenin posted:

So if you play American carriers are you stuck with lovely dive bombers? Also, why are dive bombers so lovely? Carrier dive bombers were more successful at sinking poo poo than torpedo bombers were.

Wargaming has they are considering (working on?) armor piercing bombs for dive bombers for US carriers. Who know when they'll happen though.

If they are close to releasing a IJN DD branch split and rebalancing, it just goes to show that this stuff can pop outta nowhere sometimes.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Game starts, I spawn on West side of map in my Colorado
Team: Let's all go East, this will work great

What they really meant to say was:

Team: We'll all go East, you'll be the last one there, half of us will be dead when you get here and you'll contribute nothing.

:negative:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Ahaha, oh WG, you cads.

Was looking over what various ships at T8 currently have in regards to AA and noticed something amusing. Mogami C hull, for some who the hell knows reason, was given an undocumented increase to its AA range at some point. Its long range 127mm guns, which name-wise stay the exact same throughout all three hulls, and are the same as the ones Myoko carries as well, magically gain an entire km of range, to 6 km, on the C hull. That's the longest range AA gun in the game, and it's just mysteriously sitting on Mogami, a ship which I've never heard of being particularly well-known for its AA. Still only normal Mogami damage so you're not going to get that many plane kills, but you can annoy CVs with Defensive Fire out to a monstrous 8.6 km.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 6, 2016

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Isn't that farther than the distance you can see planes from? They're around 8km iirc.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Ice Fist posted:

Game starts, I spawn on West side of map in my Colorado
Team: Let's all go East, this will work great

What they really meant to say was:

Team: We'll all go East, you'll be the last one there, half of us will be dead when you get here and you'll contribute nothing.

:negative:

I hate this so much because everyone going to one side rarely works. 90% of the time, they'll encounter 3-4 ships including a DD and get terrified of pushing any further. So the other team gets to wrap around and attack them on both sides. I had this happen today only I was in the DD helping to hold the other team in place. To be fair to them, the one BB of theirs that did charge ahead got to eat a volley of torps from me. :v:

Torbo
Jun 12, 2007

Lord Koth posted:

Ahaha, oh WG, you cads.

Was looking over what various ships at T8 currently have in regards to AA and noticed something amusing. Mogami C hull, for some who the hell knows reason, was given an undocumented increase to its AA range at some point. Its long range 127mm guns, which name-wise stay the exact same throughout all three hulls, and are the same as the ones Myoko carries as well, magically gain an entire km of range, to 6 km, on the C hull. That's the longest range AA gun in the game, and it's just mysteriously sitting on Mogami, a ship which I've never heard of being particularly well-known for its AA. Still only normal Mogami damage so you're not going to get that many plane kills, but you can annoy CVs with Defensive Fire out to a monstrous 8.6 km.

mine still says 5 km. If wg's holding out on me im gonna be pissed.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Lord Koth posted:

Ahaha, oh WG, you cads.

You're looking at the stats with an AFT commander in, or the AA range mod. Base Mogami AA range for its long range guns is 5km.

JCFalkenberg
Jul 7, 2008

Torbo posted:

mine still says 5 km. If wg's holding out on me im gonna be pissed.

Same here.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I'm going to try to get into this.

What should I know? I am cool with potentially being turbo hitler via carriering it up tho turboing around at the speed of torpedo as a DD is also probably gonna be a thing I do.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

You're looking at the stats with an AFT commander in, or the AA range mod. Base Mogami AA range for its long range guns is 5km.

Then something is seriously strange, because I don't actually currently own a Mogami. Here's a screenshot.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
Should be pretty easy to level up your German 15 pt captain....

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/b-day-coming/

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
I have a question. Does the Deutschland class exist as a premium already? Seems like it would be an okay tier 7ish or tier 8sh premium "cruiser" for the German line.

Right now there is just the Edmen, which is an all right ship, but at tier II I feel like I need to wait to long for the matches to pop.

Okay, I have two questions, do people actually use the coop mode? I won't ever use it, but I'm curious. Do you actually earn XP in these?

I stopped originally as soon as I could and just assumed that after tier II you moved on to regular gameplay.

jownzy posted:

Should be pretty easy to level up your German 15 pt captain....

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/b-day-coming/

I wonder if they will give out a free ship like they give out free tanks. More questions: was there a pre-order ship and a beta ship?

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 6, 2016

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Alpha ship was the Iwaki, a Cruiser destroyer hybrid that has gotten pretty good after some buff
Beta ship was the Arkansas, a useless stock Wyoming

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

ZombieLenin posted:

I have a question. Does the Deutschland class exist as a premium already? Seems like it would be an okay tier 7ish or tier 8sh premium "cruiser" for the German line.

Right now there is just the Edmen, which is an all right ship, but at tier II I feel like I need to wait to long for the matches to pop.

Okay, I have two questions, do people actually use the coop mode? I won't ever use it, but I'm curious. Do you actually earn XP in these?

I stopped originally as soon as I could and just assumed that after tier II you moved on to regular gameplay.

I wonder if they will give out a free ship like they give out free tanks. More questions: was there a pre-order ship and a beta ship?

I'd prefer they give out the flags, the ships traditionally aren't very fun to play or useful to the grind.

Looks like I need to finish up my Iowa so I get another 50... who wants to play tier 9!?! I stand to earn 500 of those flags.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

ZombieLenin posted:

Deutschland is not in game yet, people are split over whether to make it a premium (usually tier 6), or have it in an alternative cruiser branch which has nothing but further Panzerschiffe concepts, structurally similar to the impending USN and IJN CL/CA splits, except Pz/CA instead.

Prinz Eugen is coming very soon, as a tier 8 premium that seems to be a zero effort Admiral Hipper clone.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

NTRabbit posted:

Deutschland is not in game yet, people are split over whether to make it a premium (usually tier 6), or have it in an alternative cruiser branch which has nothing but further Panzerschiffe concepts, structurally similar to the impending USN and IJN CL/CA splits, except Pz/CA instead.

Prinz Eugen is coming very soon, as a tier 8 premium that seems to be a zero effort Admiral Hipper clone.

I see a trend. Like Tirpitz and Bismarck. Also, is it me or are (unlike in tanks) the premium ships actually better than their tier 8 counter parts?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Tech tree Bismarck with the secondaries and hydro is loving ruinous.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Bizmark is better than Tirpitz, Prinz Eugen is exactly the same than Admiral Hipper.
T8 Japanese cruiser Atago is better than Mogami however.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
So my B Hull Gneisenau with an AFT&BFT captain has 75 AA rating. That's loving insane at T7. Most of it is long range as well, its basically immune to Tier 6 CVs (luckily T5 CVs can't see it). The AA power creep has got completely out of hand. Any BB that a CV can be MM'd against should not be nearly immune to them.

When I put the same captain on my Tirpitz, the AA rating is only 65. My Yamato also has a BFT/AFT captain and its AA rating isn't much higher than Gneisanau now.

Edit: loving hell, straight after I post this I see the .5.11 patch notes, and what's this...:

quote:

Gneisenau (A): added 2 20-mm Flakvierling 30 AA guns. As a results of this change the average AA damage on 2 km distance has increased by 12 points (from 89 to 101).

kaesarsosei fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 6, 2016

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Victor Surge posted:

Wargaming has they are considering (working on?) armor piercing bombs for dive bombers for US carriers. Who know when they'll happen though.

If they are close to releasing a IJN DD branch split and rebalancing, it just goes to show that this stuff can pop outta nowhere sometimes.
Pretty sure they've given up on AP bombs considering they mentioned they were working on AP bombs since the very first CBT news update.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

xthetenth posted:

Tech tree Bismarck with the secondaries and hydro is loving ruinous.

Yeah, I didn't think about tech/module upgrades.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Krogort posted:

Beta ship was the Arkansas, a useless stock Wyoming

Ark Beta is in third for highest win rate and fourth for highest damage at tier 4 :colbert:

Also poo poo I'm sitting at tier 9 on two lines, gotta grind those out

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

A stock wyoming that can fit the range increase mod.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Would it be insane to get the "50% Shell Change Time" skill on my Scharnhorst?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Thanks to who posted tips for driving cruisers. I leveraged that into a Furrytaco game where I screened our BBs and waited until I saw an opening where I could close unmolested right up to a pair of BBs and torped them both. Real fun stuff.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Devorum posted:

Would it be insane to get the "50% Shell Change Time" skill on my Scharnhorst?

Not necessarily. 10s to pop over to HE can beat waiting for an angle for AP, and being able to switch back to AP could be fast enough that carrying HE loaded in case of DD might be more viable. It's not my pick but it could be okay.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

5.11 tomorrow: http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-notes-0511/

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

WG posted posted:

New British ships added for testing by developers and supertesters:

Black Swan, Weymouth, Caledon, Danae, Emerald, Leander, Fiji, Edinburgh, Neptune, Minotaur, and Belfast UK cruisers, as well as special warships ARP Takao and Leningrad.

So, uh, how's that going to work? ARP Takao is, unsurprisingly, a Takao-class cruiser. Of which the only example currently in-game is a premium. Unless they're stealthily working on a change and/or branch of the IJN cruiser line for the near future, how the heck is that going to work? People thought that ship would only come out once the actual IJN cruiser line got changed. And limiting access to possibly the most wanted ARP ship to only people who've bought the premium ship would, well, not be received well. No, not well at all.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

There goes mods for another week.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Mods are for the weak.

Which means I should probably use them given I have a 48% WR.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

They're taking out the WWI configuration for Kongou but not Fusou? Or is the A hull Kongou just getting a stats rework?

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

Insert name here posted:

Pretty sure they've given up on AP bombs considering they mentioned they were working on AP bombs since the very first CBT news update.

They've mentioned them during the last round of CV changes, but I imagine they are just holding it back for a buff further on down or to use them as national flavor for some other nations probably 90% paper design CV line sometime in the future.

Ark beta gets the range mod (and all the rest as well :getin: )and I love it.

I'm going to get a bunch of dragon flags. Even more if ranked and coop counts because that'll push me over 3000 battles. I'm going to love +383% commander XP (with both flags) on a x2 or x3 battle.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
For some reason I can't help but think we're going to see more bots than we ever have before because of this, because it's simply a matter of games played, not games *won*.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

All the British cruisers in for supertesters means they're a month, two months away tops :getin:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

What the gently caress is wrong with T7 right now?

Just had another hilarious (awful) game in my Colorado. Same map as the last time I complained (Two Brothers) this time I stuck with the side I was given only nobody on the other team went that way except a couple DDs and we won by cap. So I literally did nothing except get harassed a bunch by a Mahan and took a couple torps.

It was an agonizing and horrible 15 minutes to get 3k damage and my daily amounted to 2k xp.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

quote:

Just for fun, we added a "Pirate" voice option. Yarrr!

Ha har me hearties! :yarr:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with T7 right now?

Just had another hilarious (awful) game in my Colorado. Same map as the last time I complained (Two Brothers) this time I stuck with the side I was given only nobody on the other team went that way except a couple DDs and we won by cap. So I literally did nothing except get harassed a bunch by a Mahan and took a couple torps.

It was an agonizing and horrible 15 minutes to get 3k damage and my daily amounted to 2k xp.

Followed up that poo poo game with a 130k damage Bayern daily. So I'm good again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
First game in the Nicholas I did 85k damage (as top tier so it's all down hill from here). But, LOL does this thing seem like it can be super stealthy and invisi fire really well.