Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
How did I just realize that the UB in UB-01 stands for Ultra Beast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I skipped so many generations. It sounds like I've been missing out. I was pretty keen on Team "Baby Boomers That Cause Global Warming Then Apologetically Make A 10 Year Old Fix It".

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The small ones are twins and the big one is their big sister

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Space T Rex posted:

How did I just realize that the UB in UB-01 stands for Ultra Beast?

Is it weird to anyone else that literal robots, ghosts, rocks etc. up to and including wholly synthetic things made purely out of code count as pokemon but this thing does not?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

alolan gardevoir, kirlia, and ralts

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

GlitchThief posted:

I skipped so many generations. It sounds like I've been missing out. I was pretty keen on Team "Baby Boomers That Cause Global Warming Then Apologetically Make A 10 Year Old Fix It".

Yeah Ruby and Sapphire are pretty great. My favorite villain teams by far. :3:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

The small ones are twins and the big one is their big sister

hmm, that seems too improbable to be true. there must be another explanation

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Pokemon is dreadful when it tries to do serious villain plots so I wouldn't get your hopes up either way. Just enjoy Guzma while he remains a goofy gangster.

Really, everything that's been revealed plot wise reminds me more of B2/W2 where there's a flying pirate ship powered by a captive legendary pokemon that lays waste to several towns with it's giant ice cannon, a crazy pokemon mad scientist who isn't that bad of a dude when you get right down to it and is only helping the villains because goddamn does he loving love science, the admins of plasma are just ninjas, and after the main villain's defeat his brain breaks and he is taken away by his ninja sons for his own sake. And I loved all that stuff, so i'm pretty hyped!!

Pokemon Sun and Moon needs a full animated trailer that doesn't accurately represent the game like Black and White 2 got.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Those aren't the same design at all

Flopsy posted:

Also Lusamine has the least compassionate looking face I've ever seen on a female pokemon character who's not a villain. She looks like the world could burn down around her and she could give a poo poo so long as she got hers. Very jazzed to have a sciencey villainess this gon' be good.

What the gently caress are you talking about

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Internet Kraken posted:

Pokemon is dreadful when it tries to do serious villain plots so I wouldn't get your hopes up either way. Just enjoy Guzma while he remains a goofy gangster.

Except B/W is the best pokemon game so you're just wrong.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Zore posted:

Is it weird to anyone else that literal robots, ghosts, rocks etc. up to and including wholly synthetic things made purely out of code count as pokemon but this thing does not?

It seems to hail from another dimension, so it's not weird at all.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ruggington posted:

im gonna go with dragon/steel because it seems to have a psuedo knight theme going on

i think it'll become dragon/fighting since its description talks about it having the pride of the warrior and never neglecting its training

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Tall girl with the hair is cool

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's going to be my good pal(adin) :D

actually i probably won't use it but i will use the cute pixiefly

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I've played enough Megaten to know where this is all going...

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Except B/W is the best pokemon game so you're just wrong.

Really? Couldn't tell in amongst all the stupid bullshit like 156 new designs (An overabundance of designs nessesitating dipping into "Shoe" levels of non effort and taking the piss and yes and I'm talking about that stupid ice cream cone and the bin bag), scaling EXP (I know it's always been a thing but BW2 took it to an extreme that was just a frustration to play), a villain team that, whilst trying to present a nuanced argument about humans and pokemon, was blatantly evil except for N who ranges from the genuinely stupid to a complete creep and Best Wishes the less of which said the better.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 6, 2016

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

sharrrk posted:

i think it'll become dragon/fighting since its description talks about it having the pride of the warrior and never neglecting its training

It could also be Dragon/Steel and have them go for a knight thing.
Are there dragon/steel pokemons?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Aerdan posted:

It seems to hail from another dimension, so it's not weird at all.
Other things from another dimension include, what, at least two different Pokemon? And it's canon that RSE is a parallel universe from ORAS. They can just make any old poo poo a Pokemon, right?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

DACK FAYDEN posted:

They can just make any old poo poo a Pokemon, right?

i wouldn't call druddigon old

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It's not a pokemon because it doesn't have a type or ability!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ConanThe3rd posted:

Really? Couldn't tell in amongst all the stupid bullshit like 156 new designs (A lot of them reaching "Shoe" levels of taking the piss and yes and I'm talking about that stupid ice cream cone and the bin bag), scaling EXP (like, punishingly so), a villain team that, whilst trying to present a nuanced argument about humans and pokemon, was blatantly evil except for N who ranges from the genuinely stupid to a complete creep and Best Wishes the less of which said the better.

Scaling exp was actually cool because it meant that you wouldn't overlevel past any challenge, and rotating something into your team didn't shoot yourself in the foot.

Also, the ice cream cones are amazing

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

ConanThe3rd posted:

Really? Couldn't tell in amongst all the stupid bullshit like 156 new designs (An overabundance of designs nessesitating dipping into "Shoe" levels of non effort and taking the piss and yes and I'm talking about that stupid ice cream cone and the bin bag), scaling EXP (I know it's always been a thing but BW2 took it to an extreme that was just a frustration to play), a villain team that, whilst trying to present a nuanced argument about humans and pokemon, was blatantly evil except for N who ranges from the genuinely stupid to a complete creep and Best Wishes the less of which said the better.

I'm pretty sure it's universally agreed (by me) that BW had the best single generation designs, the best rivals/friends, the best plot, and the best gym leaders, so...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Garbodor and Vanilluxe are excellent

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about

Most characters if they're going to be good guys are drawn with a perky warm expression. Hers is flat out creepy. Hence I think she will be a villain. That's it. That's my point.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

ConanThe3rd posted:

You need to read the thread title, friend.

Also I hope we'll eventually get a shoe Pokemon, with gender differences/evolutions. So either high heels, or lumberjack boot.

That would be the best Pokemon.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Reinanigans posted:

I'm pretty sure it's universally agreed (by me) that BW had the best single generation designs, the best rivals/friends, the best plot, and the best gym leaders, so...

:yeah:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
It was good that BW made you use the new Pokes, but that also made it necessary to make a bunch of designs that were just kind of retreads (looking at you, Unfezant family.)

Also, the back sprites were of poor quality. And shaking grass/water bubbles were just the worst.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Crosspeice posted:

You need to read the thread title, friend.

Also I hope we'll eventually get a shoe Pokemon, with gender differences/evolutions. So either high heels, or lumberjack boot.

That would be the best Pokemon.

Agreed. Moar inanimate objects please.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

ban

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I need to get around to using a Chandelure again.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

sharrrk posted:

I would like this a lot more even if clefable ruins it

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ConanThe3rd posted:

The villain team wasn't meant to be nuanced. They were just evil and liars, before the 1st gym you had grunts being jerks to random pokemon and all that.

Also, Trubbish is a good design. I don't get why so many people dislike it.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Nodoze posted:

Tall girl with the hair is cool

she;s evil but i want to date her

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Flopsy posted:

Most characters if they're going to be good guys are drawn with a perky warm expression. Hers is flat out creepy. Hence I think she will be a villain. That's it. That's my point.

But she isn't drawn creepy

She's happy and smiling

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ay girl

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Reinanigans posted:

This is mostly true.

But the absolute garbage pokemon pacing kills it for me. They spoonfeed pokemon way too slowly, lock a ton of great designs at the end of the game, jacked up the EXP curve something fierce (Hydreigon evolving at 64, Volcarona at 59, etc. means in any game with a mix of generations Gen V dudes lag loving hard and are almost impossible to use).

I would replay it more, but you only experience the story once before you tune it out. And B/W sorta force you to use the same team up to the 4th gym which is ridiculous and lock a good 30% of all pokemon to super late and post game.

loving let me use Briavary! Durant! Bisharp! Meinfoo!

Also it introduced the idea of the event TM which is uggggggggggggh.

Gen III and V are the worst in that respect. Also why I dislike ORAS.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zore posted:

This is mostly true.

But the absolute garbage pokemon pacing kills it for me. They spoonfeed pokemon way too slowly, lock a ton of great designs at the end of the game, jacked up the EXP curve something fierce (Hydreigon evolving at 64, Volcarona at 59, etc. means in any game with a mix of generations Gen V dudes lag loving hard and are almost impossible to use).

I would replay it more, but you only experience the story once before you tune it out. And B/W sorta force you to use the same team up to the 4th gym which is ridiculous and lock a good 30% of all pokemon to super late and post game.

Following the proud Johto tradition.

Also, it introduced infinite use TMs. So it is probably the best region.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Improbable Lobster posted:

But she isn't drawn creepy

She's happy and smiling

it would take a lot more sentences here than i'm willing to write about standard anime face design traits, compiled against the history of named pokemon characters, but he's not wrong

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Zore posted:

This is mostly true.

Counterpoint: It introduced unlimited TMs yesssssssssss

I dunno. I remember having cool dudes like Excadrill, Zebstrika, and Reuniclus pretty early. And other dudes like Darmanitan, Crustle, Scrafty weren't super late either.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Zore posted:

Thank goodness that never took off. Also kinda funny how we never even actually got that event TM in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Reinanigans posted:

the best gym leaders

I did the math and BW loses to B2W2

GSC actually has a surprisingly solid set of gym leaders too for how garbage Johto is otherwise