Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

vid e

o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXnHgV9Zk5Y

ga

m

e
s

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

sounds like you need to ask the attending for dilaudid and a fast push of iv benadryl (b/c it makes you itchy)

Can confirm even just dilaudid will gently caress you up. Dislocated a hip post replacement and up to that point everything they tried was basically having no effect on the pain, which was almost the worst feeling in my whole life. I think I remember singing songs to anyone nearby in the ER sometime after that point, no more pain.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 6, 2016

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

super inframan is one of the loudest movies ive ever seen

tuesday afternoon carpool status

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
people wonder why there's an opiate epidemic while the hospitals hand out opiates like candy. america is hosed up lmao

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kuvo posted:

super inframan is one of the loudest movies ive ever seen

first time I saw it I was stoned as gently caress, everything in that movie is constantly exploding or shooting rays

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
bottle deposit is dumb as poo poo and creates extra waste streams that need to be handled instead of just collecting it all at the same time.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Shaggar posted:

bottle deposit is dumb as poo poo and creates extra waste streams that need to be handled instead of just collecting it all at the same time.

people easily confused by bottle deposit in here

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

SmokaDustbowl posted:

people wonder why there's an opiate epidemic while the hospitals hand out opiates like candy. america is hosed up lmao

says the guy whose country is in the middle of a fentanyl genocide

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

SmokaDustbowl posted:

people easily confused by bottle deposit in here

whats confusing about it to you?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
opioids disproportionally kill white dudes so I'm ok w/ it.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

excellent

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Shaggar posted:

whats confusing about it to you?

dammit shaggar I just went through this pay attention

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
maine has bottle deposit which is stupid because the materials have enough value to make them worth collecting outside of the deposit. if people were tossing their poo poo into the city recycling instead of driving it to the grocery store you'd end up saving boatloads in energy and deposit compliance.

like I just toss it all into our recycling dumpster and the trash company pays us per pound to take it away. we just have to not put trash in there.

if it weren't for the recycling pickup the deposit wouldn't be enough to keep me from trashing it.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
opiates pretty much rule, until You poo poo Out Your Liver

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it's cool that we figured out a drug that makes your entire system just instantly slam shut for opiates

just imagine if we figured out an instant sobriety drug like that for alcohol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
weed will be legalized soon and I can't wait for everyone to become a connoisseur overnight and tell everyone they're doing it wrong

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
god it's going to be worse than vape cloud people

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's cool that we figured out a drug that makes your entire system just instantly slam shut for opiates

just imagine if we figured out an instant sobriety drug like that for alcohol

you mean rinsing your face for 3 seconds doesn't count???

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
when my hernia was real bad in 2011 they gave me dilaudid. the head rush was not pleasant. i recommend a light to msdium percocet instead

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

theflyingexecutive posted:

you mean rinsing your face for 3 seconds doesn't count???

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
not too long ago I had an hour long root canal and at the end they gave me fun size advil

lol american babbys

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
look at mr big shot here w/ the money to blow on his own special tooth doctor

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Iridium posted:

ur mom's dildo supplier's delivery system finally catching up with her demand

did anyone say "rods from god" yet

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

god it's going to be worse than vape cloud people

lol yeah

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

weed will be legalized soon and I can't wait for everyone to become a connoisseur overnight and tell everyone they're doing it wrong

i smoke a lot of weed and even i have a hard time with weed people

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl posted:

turns out the ama, fda and dea are cracking down on this and have been for a while

it's not a solved problem but doctor shopping and such is on the decline

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

look at mr big shot here w/ the money to blow on his own special tooth doctor

I have full dental coverage :]

anything over my level is pretty much plastic surgery cosmetic level

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Panty Saluter posted:

opiates pretty much rule, until You poo poo Out Your Liver

"Drug Linked to Ohio Overdoses Can Kill in Doses Smaller than a Snowflake posted:

As he crumpled to the sidewalk, Mr. Hatmaker became one of more than 200 people to overdose in the Cincinnati area in the past two weeks, leaving three people dead in what the officials here called an unprecedented spike. Similar increases in overdoses have rippled recently through Indiana, Kentucky and West Virginia, overwhelming ambulance crews and emergency rooms and stunning some antidrug advocates.

carfentanil is a real bitch

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

syscall girl posted:

turns out the ama, fda and dea are cracking down on this and have been for a while

for like a decade now yeah

as a result heroin has never been cheaper

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

the federal government can fix it overnight by requiring a central prescription clearinghouse so as to flag shell prescriptions and lax controls by particular physicians. it will need the cutting edge of digital and network security which shouldn't be a problem with the resources of the government at their disposaalghjpblth

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

duTrieux. posted:

i smoke a lot of weed and even i have a hard time with weed people

one time me and my friends bought weed off some underage kids, then they gave us money and we bought them booze

it was hilarious

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Moist von Lipwig posted:

carfentanil is a real bitch

they literally use it to tranquilize elephants and other giant animals

the hypothetical dose for a human would be so small that most labs don't even have equipment precise enough to measure it out

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

one time me and my friends bought weed off some underage kids, then they gave us money and we bought them booze

it was hilarious

looooool

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl posted:

In fairness, this was two weeks after I had both my hips fully replaced and the one dislocated anteriorly at midnight and remained dislocated while they transferred me to the ER, took X-rays, and stepped up the pain medication until they finally got to dilaudid. Then they had 3 young ER guys pull my leg at the same time ramping up how hard they were pulling to try and get my hip back into place for about 10 minutes. That failed because my leg muscles were so tensed up from the pain that they couldn't get any improvement, so they wound up putting me under completely and got it back into place once my leg muscles finally relaxed.

I'm thoroughly impressed by anyone who can re-locate a dislocated shoulder now though, because motherfucker does it hurt while a joint is dislocated.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

duTrieux. posted:

the federal government can fix it overnight by requiring a central prescription clearinghouse so as to flag shell prescriptions and lax controls by particular physicians. it will need the cutting edge of digital and network security which shouldn't be a problem with the resources of the government at their disposaalghjpblth

Remember when healthcare.gov was sending patient data unencrypted and then claimed it was ok cause they weren't covered under hipaa?

Lol

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

syscall girl posted:

yeah this was largely the fault of purdue pharmaceuticals, they made oxycontin and ordered doctors to dose it in the most habit-forming way possible. they claimed to be able to make a drug with a 6 hour half life last 12 hours but all that really did was give patients 6 hours of relief, and then 6 hours of pain and eventually rapid withdrawals. a lot of those patients turned to heroin when their supply was cut off.

‘YOU WANT A DESCRIPTION OF HELL?’ OXYCONTIN’S 12-HOUR PROBLEM posted:

If a doctor complained that OxyContin didn’t last, Purdue reps were to recommend increasing the strength of the dose rather than the frequency. There is no ceiling on the amount of OxyContin a patient can be prescribed, sales reps were to remind doctors, according to the presentation and other training materials.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

they literally use it to tranquilize elephants and other giant animals

the hypothetical dose for a human would be so small that most labs don't even have equipment precise enough to measure it out

yeah it's insane. uou can get 100mg of the stuff for $80 on the darknet. to get that to a usable dose that wouldn't kill a human you'd have to dump it into a 55 gallon drum of water, take a milliliter of that drum and dump it into another 55 gallon drum, and repeat that one more time, then take one milliliter of that last solution.

thank god it can't be easily aerosolized or it'd be a chemical weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

SmokaDustbowl posted:

it was hilarious

lol my 37yo friend's dealer is an 18yo girl who lives in her building, they have a similar arrangement

• Locked thread