Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Boxter? Sir, my throbbing member can only be housed in the finest of front wheel drive German engineering; the Eos Cabriolet. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Man.. I'm about 30 hours in to Destiny, my first little dude is level 30, and I still have no clue what most of the posts in here are about! Gaze? Trials? "Year 2"??

Don't worry, once you hit the 100 hour mark you'll unlock "destiny veteran" perk and start to talk like a jaded old fart. Be careful though because the actual jaded old farts will call you out on your bullshit and dig up embarrassing posts from your history.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Reflex (AA), Counterbalance, Braced Frame. This thing is a murder machine.
:stare:

This is fine
http://i.imgur.com/9XNt6f3.gifv

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Look at that scrub not completing the court of oryx quest for sw8 sw8 runes.

This week is in my favor, my last 2 calcified fragments are Oryx Challenge mode, and Thalnok in Court of Oryx.

I just need to finish the drat mountaintop quest, I burned myself out thinking I just had to finish the weapon one, when I had to do all of them ;_;

at least the rest are participation quests. I just hope to actually slam dunk the spark, I tend to join games where people camp the spark and never score and just kill people instantly when they grab it ;_; GUYS I JUST WANNA PASS THE QUEST GUYS abloo hoo hoo

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Maker Of Shoes posted:

OAS, smallbore, full auto, range finder. It's basically a burst fire scout. :v:
I would post and :smug: over my god roll aegis again but I just know they're gonna gently caress with it in the patch this week

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
CB gonna get hosed soon

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Roman posted:

I would post and :smug: over my god roll aegis again but I just know they're gonna gently caress with it in the patch this week

I hope Hakke pulses won't be garbage anymore, I love those stupid guns

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

deadwing posted:

I hope Hakke pulses won't be garbage anymore, I love those stupid guns

Yeah keep dreaming buddy.
Didn't they supposedly buff those in the last big patch?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Maker Of Shoes posted:

CB gonna get hosed soon

Any details?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Haha details, is this your first day playing Destiny? :v:

They'll probably just make it a garbage perk forcing people to throw away any gun that has it to hunt for whatever perk is next in line for BIS.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

CB gonna get hosed soon

no its not, they already nerfed it once. It'll stay the same for the forseeable future.

its a good PVP perk that keeps people from using damage altering perks like headseeker, RR, GHF etc so it's not harmful to the balancing of weapons.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

no its not, they already nerfed it once. It'll stay the same for the forseeable future.

its a good PVP perk that keeps people from using damage altering perks like headseeker, RR, GHF etc so it's not harmful to the balancing of weapons.

I wouldn't call "keeping people from using other perks" balanced.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I really don't know about CB anymore, they have been keen to adjust popular stuff but CB isn't necessarily OP especially in this dumb rear end secondary focused meta.

Closest thing was the MiDa stagger round nerf but that poo poo was appreciably annoying and I'm glad it's gone.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CB is a pretty ok perk, the problem is nothing else competes with it so it's basically the must have perk for a colossal number of weapons.

The correct fix is to make other perks more interesting to players, but that's a steep challenge when everyone in your playerbase wants long range headshot machines. Having perfect recoil will always be popular.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It should probably be set up like the other perk sets where the no-downside version has a small effect and the ones with the larger effect have a tradeoff.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
CB should be done as a +/- where the negative is a hit to range.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It does have a trade-off it makes your vertical recoil substantially more dramatic.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Rodeo is low key a great AR perk because of the way it reduces both vertical and horizontal recoil, a rodeo doctrine or SoulStealer rips face

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Which perks make slow ROF auto rifles rip face? :smith:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I have a rodeo and perfect balance Answering Chord that I'm holding onto in case they ever unfuck that archetype.

I also got a final duty with max stability I might as well hold onto too I guess.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

FishBulb posted:

The gunsmith is Bender and the Dead Orbit guy is loving Peter Stormare

The Dead Orbit guy put Steve Buscemi in a wood chipper.
Peter Stormare is also the voice of Sir Slicer on Adventure Time. I picked up a package from Arach Jalaal the other day and when he talked I was like, "Holy poo poo what!?"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Vertical recoil can be overcome with practice, but if it cost you range or clip size or something concrete like the other tradeoff perks you'd have to choose your priorities.

48 hours until we see how Bungie feels...

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I really wish the perks on the equipment had been unlocked at pax.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

haveblue posted:

Vertical recoil can be overcome with practice, but if it cost you range or clip size or something concrete like the other tradeoff perks you'd have to choose your priorities.

48 hours until we see how Bungie feels...

The problem there is that they'll need to take a big sweaty poop on sniper rifles and Bungie is terrified to do anything substantial to them

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
I think I'll log on for the first time in 11 months and buy the Hawksaw. I hope I have some marks.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

FishBulb posted:

I have a rodeo and perfect balance Answering Chord that I'm holding onto in case they ever unfuck that archetype.

I also got a final duty with max stability I might as well hold onto too I guess.

Yeah i got a rodeo and perfect balance red specter. It also has small bore. It's really good. But yeah... they need to unfuck things first.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

deadwing posted:

The problem there is that they'll need to take a big sweaty poop on sniper rifles and Bungie is terrified to do anything substantial to them

All secondary weapons.

There are entire matches where fuckers don't pull out primary. And if they ever do manage to run out of ammo they just pull out UR or NLB.

It's a joke.

In addition:
Snipers should have scope sway. Shotguns should make you move slower. Fin.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
They are literally redoing the perk trees to have QuickDraw on max range shotguns and there's and artifact that removes sprint cool down so you can sprint out of slide no problem

Rip

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Sorry my fresh low ELO couldn't save us from that last game of Control. :negative:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mill Village posted:

Sorry my fresh low ELO couldn't save us from that last game of Control. :negative:

Ehh there were two fireteams of full scarab bros and some were diamond trials, and we had one counter-scarab (unless our pubbie who died 22 times had one).

Those are the breaks with a small playerbase and tbqh we gave them a good match.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

They are literally redoing the perk trees to have QuickDraw on max range shotguns and there's and artifact that removes sprint cool down so you can sprint out of slide no problem

Rip

Stop

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I think it's bad I shotgun because I need to not because I want to

Edit: everything except the sprint cool down artifact is going to get banned from sweats, imho

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
So playstation network is down again....

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I think it's bad I shotgun because I need to not because I want to

Edit: everything except the sprint cool down artifact is going to get banned from sweats, imho

Striker Titan Codex 4 is banned from sweats these days.

So what I'm trying to say is sweats are dumb.

Stormlocks with increased melee and shotguns are fine though. Ahuh.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

texaholic posted:

So playstation network is down again....

Time to do chores and make my wife think I'm an adult :ninja:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

loving with counter balance is only going to make players use less pulses and autos and more handcanons and scouts. It'll just worsen the current meta of jerks hard scoping back map and jerks slide shotgunning the corridors.

I think they're going to buff the gently caress out of side arms to try and push people into using them and nerf snipers and shotguns.

I also think they'll up the lethality a little bit on some underused weapons.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

BlindSite posted:

loving with counter balance is only going to make players use less pulses and autos and more handcanons and scouts. It'll just worsen the current meta of jerks hard scoping back map and jerks slide shotgunning the corridors.

I think they're going to buff the gently caress out of side arms to try and push people into using them and nerf snipers and shotguns.

I also think they'll up the lethality a little bit on some underused weapons.

Doesn't matter thorn is coming back it's just gunna be all thorn all the time thorn OMG thorny thorn

Even if it's not good. People just love that loving gun.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its pretty balanced right now and it feels really nice to use. Its snappy and feela accurate. Im hoping they do what the did with the hawkmoon bring in a baby one like the eyasluna.

A thorn archetype handcannon as a post game drop would be good. Dunno what else fits in that class but I couldnt get into using the water star, space glocks or finellas.

I dont care if they buff every type of primary in the game and weaken shotgun so they all have half the range they do now and only give me 3 sniper rounds to start and per box.

Make the game more fun.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 7, 2016

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I know this is old hat, but the matchmaking in this game is so loving lovely.

I don't know why Destiny thinks I'm a PVP God. I suck. I don't play sweats or trials or care about the meta, I've never checked my ELO, I'm old and tired and can't snipe for poo poo.

I just want to win 1 game of loving control so I can finish these dumb shaxx bounties for the week on my god drat warlock. 6 games I lose in a row. Top of my team every game, positive every game. What more can I do? loving hell its infuriating. It's like they expect me to carry 5 god drat morons every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Nice meltdown, etc

• Locked thread