Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

archen rules, moron

It looks like a Digimon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Zore posted:

You're forgetting the monkeys.

on the other hand, in Gen 1 before the 4th gym you could get

pidgey, rattata, spearow, mankey/meowth, nidoranM, nidoranF, caterpie, weedle, pikachu, sandshrew, onix, diglett, jigglypuff, clefairy, zubat, magikarp, geodude, paras, venonat, oddish/bellsprout, growlithe/vulpix, goldeen, ditto, abra, eevee, doduo, kanghaskan, rhyhorn, far'fetch'd, scyther/pinsir, chansey, drowzee, poliwag, diglett, ekans/sandshrew, psyduck, machop, shellder, gastly, cubone, krabby, eggexcute, hitmonlee, hitmonchan, horsea, staryu, lickitung, tauros, dratini, voltorb, slowpoke, magnemite (y)

and every other gen besides Gen V has more than that.

But your argument that the selection is limited is still bullshit because I don't think anyone but you would call the BW list anything but great. Are there issues with a lot of late game placements? Yes, absolutely. It sucks Larvesta/Hydreigon/Braviary/Durant, etc. are so late game, but the general selection throughout is still really, really good.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

how's that going

i still need a chikorita and to breed my froakie, and to get an aurorus. and a glameow. only others i have left are some event legendaries which dont count for the diploma, i'll get them when i get the chance. thanks for asking

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

It looks like a Digimon.

i wish more pokemon looked like digimon

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Ethiser posted:

I love that the crazy chimera monster is a Normal type pokemon.

Normal will always be the "doesn't fit in anywhere else" type to me.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Super No Vacancy posted:

pretty good. no one ever told me breeding guys with a ditto was so easy. either that or i have earths horniest ditto. just gotta farm some evo stones and run the blissey base a couple times

i just went from 60% to done a couple weeks ago

for some reason i thought it would be easier to get the evo items from global link instead of battle resort which i would probably do instead if i had a chance

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Geostomp posted:

Normal will always be the "doesn't fit in anywhere else" type to me.

Well, with Null's name and all I think the idea is supposed to be that so many different pokemon and types got merged into that thing that they all ended up cancelling out into nothing. Hence, it just being normal.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sharrrk posted:

i still need a chikorita and to breed my froakie, and to get an aurorus. and a glameow. only others i have left are some event legendaries which dont count for the diploma, i'll get them when i get the chance. thanks for asking

let me know if you need help

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Zore posted:

You're forgetting the monkeys.

on the other hand, in Gen 1 before the 4th gym you could get

pidgey, rattata, spearow, mankey/meowth, nidoranM, nidoranF, caterpie, weedle, pikachu, sandshrew, onix, diglett, jigglypuff, clefairy, zubat, magikarp, geodude, paras, venonat, oddish/bellsprout, growlithe/vulpix, goldeen, ditto, abra, eevee, doduo, kanghaskan, rhyhorn, far'fetch'd, scyther/pinsir, chansey, drowzee, poliwag, diglett, ekans/sandshrew, psyduck, machop, shellder, gastly, cubone, krabby, eggexcute, hitmonlee, hitmonchan, horsea, staryu, lickitung, tauros, dratini, voltorb, slowpoke, magnemite (y)

and every other gen besides Gen V has more than that.

i didn't waste my time with the safari zone when i was a dumb child and i wont do it as a dumb adult

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I been grinding super training myself. But still got a box full of spare legendaries if I get lazy :)

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

very powerful

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gotta see if I wanna get all possible formes of poo poo too

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Kikas posted:

The terrain looks great, there are Pokemon in the overworld, there is more unique angles to the camera and...

TEAM ROCKET CONFIRMED FOR ALOLA... or maybe just someone bought their Magikarp submarine.

That's Huntail, mate. I hate noobs.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
archen is my favourite pokemon

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ruggington posted:

i didn't waste my time with the safari zone when i was a dumb child and i wont do it as a dumb adult

safari zone is great tho.

anything where you do something beyond simple 'run into pokemon, battle, catch' is good and the games should have more of them. People should give you random eggs like in Crystal, there should be weird things where you can find Drifloon outside a building on thursday nights, you should be able to get rare pokemon from a game corner also there should be a huge safari zone, bug catching contest, fishing contest etc. and other things like that. Let us dig fossils from the underground and bring back honey trees and headbutt trees. Also shaking grass.

Basically dumb adventure sidequests are my jam.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

archen is my favourite pokemon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMjQ3hA9mEA

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

mabels big day posted:

It looks like a Digimon.

This will never stop making me mad when I hear it. :argh:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pokemon and digimon are the same thing

my friends

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
If yesterday I had shown you a picture of Type: Null you woulda thought we were still doing digimon digichat

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

If yesterday I had shown you a picture of Type: Null you woulda thought we were still doing digimon digichat

listen pal, i know a pokemon when i see it. and yes sir, type null is a pokemon all right, through and through

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

a digimon chimera would look much more busy, even type:null's design is simpler and cleaner by comparison

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Calaveron posted:

I wouldn't because I've actually seen a digimon before

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i hope there are 40 ultra beasts

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
wicke is a babe and the new jellyfish looks like patchouli knowledge

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Jesus between Gumshoos, Faticate, and giveaway Munchlax I think I'm gonna HAVE to pick the owl starter just to cover my eventual crippling Fighting weakness.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mimikkyu

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Pokemon Snap minigame? Day one sale.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

i hope there are 40 ultra beasts

I, for one, welcome the introduction of a creature that even the ultra-cooperative world of Pokemon and Man cannot tolerate to exist.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I guess I gotta try to make a team.

Rowlett
Vikavolt
Bewear
Mimikyu
Pyukumuku
Alola Vulpix

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Countblanc posted:

wicke is a babe and the new jellyfish looks like patchouli knowledge

well now im upset i wont be able to catch the thing and name it that

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
There will be 18 Angels Ultra Beasts.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Aether being a thing kinda solves the problem I'd been having trying to think about the game's plot. Guzma seems personally motivated, and Team Skull seems to be doing mostly petty, street-level things. I was having trouble understanding how Team Skull would be wrapped up in the legendaries and the escalating crazy town plot we've come to expect from a Pokemon game now.

But the Aether Foundation, whether they're villains or just naive dumbshits that stumble into the discovery of evil entities from another dimension, kinda solves that.

I'm really hoping that the Aether Foundation are the baddies, though. I mean, they have grunts, they have a massive artificial island HQ, they're tied to the Ultra Beasts, and I can easily see Lusamine and Faba being bad. Wicke not so much, which leads me to think if Aether is bad, that she's being kept in the dark about the bad stuff.

Also hoping we team up at the end with our boy Guzma, Plumeria, and Emo Boy at the end. I would love that so much.

final thought: Lusamine, Emo Boy, and Lillie are obviously related (blonde hair, green eyes). not sure how yet. I don't THINK UB-1 is Lillie though, that'd be a bridge too far in weirdness. I don't think Lusamine is old enough to be Lillie's mother, though it's hard to tell, so I'm going to assume the three are siblings.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I...have mixed feelings about the Ultra Beasts.

It could go right, I don't know how, but most likely it could go the "Nuclear type" way of wrong.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Diet Poison posted:

Jesus between Gumshoos, Faticate, and giveaway Munchlax I think I'm gonna HAVE to pick the owl starter just to cover my eventual crippling Fighting weakness.

Drampa, Komala and Type:Null are normal too. Based type.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
My prediction is 22 Ultra Beasts. Or 21, and the player is The Fool.

Not because the Tarot is popular in Japan, but because the House of the Dead used Tarot card themes for its bosses so obviously so will Pokemon.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

My prediction is 22 Ultra Beasts. Or 21, and the player is The Fool.

Not because the Tarot is popular in Japan, but because the House of the Dead used Tarot card themes for its bosses so obviously so will Pokemon.

That and the all-over-the-place JoJo-datchi

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
UB40 looks like a pretty cool Not Pokemon. Wait, what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
My favorite part about Team Skull is how it's like Team Rocket: Poke-crimes that's all about the money, because it's where it's at. My least favorite part about it is the super edge-lord guy that's in it, but that's balanced out by the totally cool pirate dude so it's all okay.