Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Ah, orb of chance lottery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
there's no other use for low ilvl/low base white items

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

What are the odds of GGG making Leo's Level 3 Hideout more attainable?
It's the best looking one, with the worst grind to level.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Got most of the way through Cruel yesterday. Racers would already be something like level 80. :v:

EA is fun, and I grabbed EO and some accuracy nodes to supplement it. I'm more worried about it being consistent when it comes to mapping, but worse comes to worst I'll just respec out of it if it doesn't work out. I'd have EE now too if I didn't go Chieftain, but the extra penetration and fire damage and leech and ignite goes a ways towards making up for it :supaburn:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Around what damage should I get Essence Drain to before I risk taking on Atziri? I feel like I'm pretty close to okay defensively now that I'm at 7k ES, but my damage is still pretty meh.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Insurrectionist posted:

Around what damage should I get Essence Drain to before I risk taking on Atziri? I feel like I'm pretty close to okay defensively now that I'm at 7k ES, but my damage is still pretty meh.

Atziri isn't really a numbers fight, it's a mechanics fight. The quality of your offensive ability will determine how long each fight takes, the quality of your defensive ability will determine how many fuckups you can survive.

That being said, more is always better and you're almost assuredly going to brick your first set, at least. Get in there and learn it, it's a fun fight.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
I found a tiny invincible stone man. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYw0c4d-t7I

He sprouted from an essensed mob.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im in high need of dual or tri res ev boots gloves helm. Essnence SC
What you got? Looking to spend about 12c on one piece

theshim
May 1, 2012

ButtWolf posted:

Im in high need of dual or tri res ev boots gloves helm. Essnence SC
What you got? Looking to spend about 12c on one piece
I can't help but feel you posted this in the wrong place, but a super-quick look over on poe.trade had a ton of decent trires+life ev boots for 1c.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

theshim posted:

I can't help but feel you posted this in the wrong place, but a super-quick look over on poe.trade had a ton of decent trires+life ev boots for 1c.

I was showing nothing. Figured out because nothings gonna show if I'm looking for 500 life. Whoops.
Nothing to see here.

theshim
May 1, 2012

just wear kaom's heart on your feet, problem solved

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
http://poe.trade/search/tamorodumtabar

Boots with a minimum of 100 evasion, 50+ life, and at least 90 total resists for 1c or less.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah i got it, it was a typo on my part

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

What does 1c mean?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

What does 1c mean?
c = chaos

theshim
May 1, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

What does 1c mean?
1 chaos orb. Typically people talk prices in chaos or exalted orbs, so stuff like 20c or 2.8ex is common parlance.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I tried to buy something for some guy for 10c this morning when the price was 10ex. Pretty sure he thought I was trying to scam him but I'm just super dumb and the tiny little orb graphic on poe.trade looks the same :saddowns:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Soothing Vapors posted:

I tried to buy something for some guy for 10c this morning when the price was 10ex. Pretty sure he thought I was trying to scam him but I'm just super dumb and the tiny little orb graphic on poe.trade looks the same :saddowns:

I accidentally scammed some guy out of an ex that way last league

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Are there any Ice Trap builds around anymore? I always wanted to try one but the only Ice Trap builds listed in the Shadow builds forum are for 2.2.

theshim
May 1, 2012

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Are there any Ice Trap builds around anymore? I always wanted to try one but the only Ice Trap builds listed in the Shadow builds forum are for 2.2.
Ice Trap has pretty much stayed unchanged - the only real difference is that it was popular to do cold to fire to chaos conversion but with the conversion nerfs that's no longer really a thing (though cold to fire does still work with Pyre).

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

im using one from 2.2 and its fine

flower frost traps covering the screen is pretty

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

theshim posted:

Ice Trap has pretty much stayed unchanged - the only real difference is that it was popular to do cold to fire to chaos conversion but with the conversion nerfs that's no longer really a thing (though cold to fire does still work with Pyre).

I ran Ice Trap in 2.2 without any of the conversion shenanigans and found it to be really strong anyway. It's probably still really fun, although it didn't get rolling for me until I hit Chain Reaction though.

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
Can anyone give me an opinion on this build? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717460
Dual Strike & crit with claws. Since I'm just starting out and poor it seems like a viable(ish?) build, but like I said I have no idea what I'm doing!

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Finagle posted:

Can anyone give me an opinion on this build? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717460
Dual Strike & crit with claws. Since I'm just starting out and poor it seems like a viable(ish?) build, but like I said I have no idea what I'm doing!

It's terrible because Dual Strike is a terrible skill. The skill tree is kind of terrible but salvageable, but you should use any non-single target skill instead.

E: never mind the skill tree is just plain terrible

1 more point required, 161% increased life. Less damage (can be made up pretty much entirely by getting the Ranger notables that give attack speed + 16% damage + some other stats) and crit multiplier (Throatseeker is too far away to be worthwhile and you get plenty of multi already from being an assassin). Use Reave.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 6, 2016

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I have to say, Warchief totems are really good. Currently 74 and doing t2 - t3 maps to open up the atlas and have not had any problems. A few close calls when leap slam didn't leap where I wanted in a trial, and took a ghosted Voll slam that thought I was out of range of that put me to 25% health. 4.4k health and 17k DPS per totem with a 4 link, and once I get my 421 dps doomsower 6 linked I am going to be set on weapons for the rest of the game barring getting a Disfavor. And I only have 4 melee damage nodes, the damage half of the Totemic Mastery cluster, and the Totemic Zeal cluster as my DPS nodes.

Need to get 2 more jewel slots and some better jewels, then a real belt as my next upgrades.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
why the poo poo are fireborns so expensive this league? is there a popular build using them or is it all fireball hype

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Tabletops posted:

why the poo poo are fireborns so expensive this league? is there a popular build using them or is it all fireball hype

Oroflicker is still going strong.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

dis astranagant posted:

Oroflicker is still going strong.

drat. when looking at the prices of Oro's and flicker strikes, weapon ele etc I was expecting low prices across the board.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Vasudus posted:

Atziri isn't really a numbers fight, it's a mechanics fight. The quality of your offensive ability will determine how long each fight takes, the quality of your defensive ability will determine how many fuckups you can survive.

That being said, more is always better and you're almost assuredly going to brick your first set, at least. Get in there and learn it, it's a fun fight.

I already did Atziri last League but I was playing a pretty glass-cannon Arc Elementalist (well, Storm Call on Atziri herself) at the time so suffice to say that while I obviously got the basics like stay out of mega-flameblasts and watch out for reflect-clone - guess I won't have to worry about that as ED - the fight was low on mechanics and high on exploding the bosses in as few seconds as possible. My Trickster already has more ES than my Witch had Life+ES, but obviously she didn't NEED much survivability since the dps was pretty obscene. Plus CI doesn't get those nice, helpful healing flasks and instead have to contend with the slightest damage interrupting all your regen.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
wow never seen that before. found a box that just had a poo poo ton of div cards. local ones (from dried lakes) and currency ones. got 3 hoarders, chaotic disposition and a smattering of other currency cards mostly.

was pretty rad.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

new zana makes me sad

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Are there any skills/skill combos in this game like D3 Wizard's Archon (or even just Disintegrate)? Or other non-arcane varieties of gently caress off lasers?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Are there any skills/skill combos in this game like D3 Wizard's Archon (or even just Disintegrate)? Or other non-arcane varieties of gently caress off lasers?

Sadly no, that is one of the biggest skill types I feel like PoE is missing right now. There's no channeling beam skill, the closest is Incinerate which is more like a flamethrower and shorter range with a cone(especially with multi proj)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Boo loving hiss, I want lasers. Oh well.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Cinara posted:

Sadly no, that is one of the biggest skill types I feel like PoE is missing right now. There's no channeling beam skill, the closest is Incinerate which is more like a flamethrower and shorter range with a cone(especially with multi proj)

Hopefully the channeling changes in 2.4 mean we'll get one at some point.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
So I've just picked the game back up after playing a bit in early 2013 ron my crappy old 32bit OS pc that didn't have the address space to run the game properly. I'm around half way through act 4 normal and have somehow found 6 chaos already. Is there anything I should even consider buying or am I levelling so quickly there isn't really a point. My character seems to be doing ok, though it is pretty hard right now to find gear with both good mods and enough links. I guess I should be just using poe.trade all the time as decent gear seems to be only a few alterations or augmentations. Also should I bother listing my random vaal gems and uniques I've found?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
You can buy leveling items for pennies on the dollar, which ones depends on your build but I'm thinking stuff like goldrim etc

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

FYI, interesting builds from the top of the HC ladder:

1. Steelmage: CI Elemental Kinetic Blast Miner Saboteur. Best part is if you look up Kinetic Blast Mines on Google the first result is a build that says "NOT VIABLE IN 2.4 BUILD IS NOW TOTAL GARBAGE NO MORE SINGLE TARGET WITHOUT FROST WALL." Steel uses Fire Nova Mines in a 4L for extra single target damage.
2. RaizQT: CI Bow Summon Raging Spirits Necromancer. Yes, it's using a 6L bow with Essenced +2 fire gems and a Soul Strike. Also using a Minion Movespeed ring.
3 died, was a pure support Champion with all the Fortify stuff for survivability, tricurse Curse on Hit Ice Shot with Ele Equilibrium, and lots of curse + aura buffs. Typical Aura Bot.
4. Daleroy: standard Icestorm Elementalist.
5. AngryWeasel: CI Poison BV Occultist. Abuses Soul Strike's fast ES regen start with Occultist's continuous regen after taking damage. Bow uses the 1000 chaos DoT Essence craft with a bunch of other garbage affixes. Presumably an ideal weapon would be +1 all gems, but bow is only used as a vector for Soul Strike's crazy synergy with Occultist. You could use a 1000 DoT wand or dagger with a shield if you really wanted to.

It looks like essence crafting has kind of made Bows the best caster weapons. Also made everyone go CI/LL, both with the ability to use Soul Strike as a caster and the ability to craft ES gear easier.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Haven't played since Perandus League, anyone able to help bring me up to speed on what's changed?

I checked the wiki for the expansion info and the engine improvements and improving mapping, but have any of the older skills been improved or does everyone still use the newer shinier overpowered skills like earthquake? what are some of the improved and popular builds that can quickly clear the end game, and have ascendancy classes been mixed up a lot or is it still largely people playing champions and juggernauts?

Stuff like the post above me is great for seeing what kind of builds are viable right now and apparently CI is wildly popular?

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Haven't played since Perandus League, anyone able to help bring me up to speed on what's changed?

I checked the wiki for the expansion info and the engine improvements and improving mapping, but have any of the older skills been improved or does everyone still use the newer shinier overpowered skills like earthquake? what are some of the improved and popular builds that can quickly clear the end game, and have ascendancy classes been mixed up a lot or is it still largely people playing champions and juggernauts?

Stuff like the post above me is great for seeing what kind of builds are viable right now.

Juggernaut got nerfed a bit but is still viable. The hot ascendency classes are pathfinder and elementalist.

• Locked thread