Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
It really highlights the power of Sao Paulo media that people actually think that Gabigol, Gabriel de Jesus and Renato Augusto are good.

Edit:

this is how messed up CBF is with regards to the women's team:

http://espnw.espn.com.br/cbf-nao-cumpre-promessa-e-deixa-jogadoras-sem-carteira-assinada-e-beneficios/

If you don't speak Portuguese:

Last year CBF decided to emulate the US and create a permanent national team for women, who would get contracts, salary and benefits. After the players agreed to it, CBF refused to sign the contracts or make the ties official. They claimed that if the players were employed they would not be eligible to receive the stipend the Brazilian government was paying olympic athletes. Which turns out not to be true. CBF then decided to pay the players on a per diem basis. Except sometimes they would pay r$4000 and deduce 3,700 as expenses from that amount. The three players who asked about the deductions and about the fact that they don't even have health insurance were cut from the national team without explanation.

Which is why I hope the men's team goes home without scoring a goal, and the women win gold so that they can then tell CBF to gently caress off.

joepinetree fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Aug 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

lol argentina

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

lol mexico

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
The stadium for Brazil-Denmark is loving packed, lol if Brazil doesn't win.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

El Hefe posted:

The stadium for Brazil-Denmark is loving packed, lol if Brazil doesn't win.

Jinxed it.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

This has been the best year to truly appreciate the mediocrity that is the Mexican national team. The hilarious thing is they used to have some measure of talent.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

They were the defending olympic champions even, it was hilarious to watch this catastrophe with Mexican commentators blaming the federation, the Copa America, that these are not "fechas fifa" and whatever else they could think of instead of admitting they were poo poo.

In other news, this was a really unjust red card but the reaction is a bit much

https://www.facebook.com/ChicacaoCanal14/videos/1644361405880608/

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Looks like Bauza managed to convince Messi to comeback to the national team, he's gonna play against Uruguay and Venezuela in September in the WC qualifiers.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

El Hefe posted:

Looks like Bauza managed to convince Messi to comeback to the national team, he's gonna play against Uruguay and Venezuela in September in the WC qualifiers.

He just wanted to dodge the Olympics.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Even though the US women team just got eliminated from the Olympics Mexico also got eliminated which is always nice and brings fuzzy and joyfulness to my US soccer fan soul. Speaking of Mexico here's the weekly Liga MX post of the week.

Last round Results

Puebla 0 - 0 Santos Laguna
Toluca 2 - 0 Pachuca
Cruz Azul 1 - 2 Tijuana
Guadalajara 0 - 0 Querétaro
León 0 - 3 Monterrey
Morelia 3 - 2 Atlas
Necaxa 2 - 2 Pumas
Tigres UANL 1 - 0 Chiapas
Veracruz 2 - 4 América

Round four of the 2016 Apertura (All times CDT UTC-5)

Friday, August 12, 2016

As of the 21' min
Tijuana 1 - 0 León

Saturday, August 13, 2016
5:00 PM

Querétaro v Cruz Azul

7:00 PM

Atlas v Puebla

Monterrey v Necaxa

7:06 PM

Pachuca v Pumas

9:00 PM

América v Morelia

Sunday, August 14, 2016
12:00 PM

Toluca v Tigres UANL

Chiapas v Veracruz

6:00 PM

Santos Laguna v Guadalajara

Current Table

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
"Eu acredito" is alive and well.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Diego Forlán signed for Mumbai FC

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

Simone Poodoin posted:

He did. He's officially retired now then

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Neymar just scored a really bad goal against Honduras and then he died clutching his chest

RIP

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
He was stretchered off the field crying in pain and then he came back like nothing happened

Ahh football players

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
There should be a rule that if a stretcher is involved in your theater that you should not be able to enter the pitch for the rest of the game.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Simone Poodoin posted:

I too miss the HERO INDIAN SUPER LEAGUE thread.

#fatafatifootball

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
With the Rio games winding down and Mexico doing nothing of note other than chocking hard again in the football/soccer it time to see if Brazil can outdo them tomorrow in the gold metal game, also time for the weekly Liga MX post of the week

Last round Results

Chiapas 1 - 1 Veracruz
Santos Laguna 0 - 1 Guadalajara
Toluca 0 - 0 Tigres UANL
América 1 - 1 Morelia
Atlas 3 - 2 Puebla
Monterrey 2 - 1 Necaxa
Pachuca 3 - 0 Pumas
Querétaro 0 - 0 Cruz Azul
Tijuana 2 - 0 León

Round five of the 2016 Apertura (All times CDT UTC-5)

Friday, August 19, 2016

Veracruz v Toluca

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Cruz Azul v Santos Laguna

Morelia v Chiapas

Tigres UANL v Pachuca

León v Querétaro

Guadalajara v Atlas

Necaxa v Tijuana

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Pumas v Monterrey

Puebla v América

Current Table

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

So the president of Conmebol wants to make the libertadores final like the champions league, with one match at a rotating venue. If it happens, I'm gonna love it when only 10 people show up the first time no team is from the host city.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
imagine a final in Asuncion being played by an Ecuadorian team against a Bolivian team, all those fans readily able to afford the trip to see their favorite teams, El Nacional vs The Strongest, while enjoying the beauties of Nuestra Señora Santa María de la Asunción (Spanish pronunciation: [asunˈsjon], Guarani: Paraguay, IPA: [paɾaˈɣwaɨ] ), such as Tourist attractions[edit] The National Pantheon of Heroes is one of the most significant buildings in Asunción
The city is home to the Godoi Museum, the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes (which contains old paintings from the 19th century), the Church of La Encarnación, the Metropolitan Cathedral and

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

advanced statsman posted:

imagine a final in Asuncion being played by an Ecuadorian team against a Bolivian team, all those fans readily able to afford the trip to see their favorite teams, El Nacional vs The Strongest, while enjoying the beauties of Nuestra Señora Santa María de la Asunción (Spanish pronunciation: [asunˈsjon], Guarani: Paraguay, IPA: [paɾaˈɣwaɨ] ), such as Tourist attractions[edit] The National Pantheon of Heroes is one of the most significant buildings in Asunción
The city is home to the Godoi Museum, the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes (which contains old paintings from the 19th century), the Church of La Encarnación, the Metropolitan Cathedral and

fluo is still alive

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
It could work if they decide were it's going to be played based on who are the finalists so it's close to both teams. Like this year final could have been played in the lost city of Eldorado or Lima, depending which city has the bigger venue.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

So, Uruguay's deal with Puma will be up soon and while the FA was discussing renewing the deal through a local intermediary the NT players brought an offer from Nike that was much better.

Nobody knows how much Puma is paying the intermediary but they are giving the FA 750K USD a year and keeping the rest (and the players image rights) for themselves. Nike's offer is for 3.5M a year for seven years and the players get to own their image rights (they always sign them off to the FA) but most teams were going to reject the offer because they are deep in the pockets of Tenfield (the intermediary who also owns TV rights and lends small teams money so they always vote for what they tell them).

When the players heard this, they made an announcement saying that if they vote for Puma again they won't sign away their image rights so with 10 votes for and 9 against Nike's offer was accepted. Tenfield was given 20 days to match because of a clause in their contract but whatever happens the FA just got a lot money to steal for themselves.

Wonder what this means for Godin, he's a Puma player and he was the only one signing the players announcement to take Nike's offer because he's the captain.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Clip below is :nws:

Atletico Nacional x Bolívar, Sudamericana, and the goal celebration of a very...excited Atlético Nacional supporter.

https://twitter.com/impedimento/status/768636680802799616

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

he doesnt look very excited tbh

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Polidoro posted:

I mean, it's only the Sudamericana.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Polidoro posted:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Polidoro posted:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Redczar posted:

So the president of Conmebol wants to make the libertadores final like the champions league, with one match at a rotating venue. If it happens, I'm gonna love it when only 10 people show up the first time no team is from the host city.

Corinthians fans flew to Japan to watch them play. I think you'd get big turnout for the major teams but a final like a couple years ago when it was San Lorenzo and whoever would probably be a ghost town.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
In Brazil, most people completely lose interest once their team is out.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, I can't see that working in Latin America. I figure UCL games get amazing turnouts because they're matches between these galactic teams in big cities, no one is gonna buy a ticket in advance to see Atlético Nacional in Paraguay, I don't think.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Quick question how well does away fans fans travel in South America? Am sure other than air travel I don't think it's easy to travel in south america than it is in europe since it's a bigger place and I never really heard of train travel over there. So hopefully they'll keep the whole home away finals for the libertadores since it would hard to do the UCL style finals, also time for the weekly Liga MX post of the week.

Last round Results

Puebla 2 - 2 América
Pumas 5 - 3 Monterrey
Cruz Azul 3 - 1 Santos Laguna
Guadalajara 2 - 2 Atlas
León 2 - 1 Querétaro
Morelia 3 - 2 Chiapas
Necaxa 1 - 1 Tijuana
Tigres UANL 4 - 2 Pachuca
Veracruz 2 - 2 Toluca

Round six of the 2016 Apertura (All times CDT UTC-5)

Friday, August 26, 2016

Tijuana v Pumas

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Querétaro v Necaxa

Atlas v Cruz Azul

Tigres UANL v Veracruz

Pachuca v Monterrey

América v Guadalajara

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Toluca v Morelia

Chiapas v Puebla

Santos Laguna v León

Current Table

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

It really depends on which country, but yeah pretty much anywhere it won't be as easy to get around as it is in Europe (but it wouldn't be impossible).

Take my opinion with a grain of salt because I've only been to one stadium in South America (La Bombonera) and would probably not go there as an away fan.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
And I don't think barras from any team of any city would like to have two other teams taking over their city for a game they are not part of.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Holy poo poo Venezuela are beating Argentina with a goddamn amazing golazo

come on boys hold on :pray:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
DOS A CERO!!!!!!!!!!

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Salomon Rondon is a goddamn beast, he should be playing in a better club than West Brom imho.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
oh no 2-0 proves once again to being the most dangerous score...

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
if venezuela wins people are gonna die. lets go venezuela!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
This always happens, start out alright maybe even score a goal or two but then we inevitably collapse at the end...

loving hell 8 games and only a single point lol we are back to being la cenicienta