Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bombtrack posted:

Is PSN down a lot or just coincidentally when I wanna play?

its been down twice recently after being solid for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Definitely worth an extra :10bux: a year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Definitely worth an extra :10bux: a year.

you haven't paid it yet. after the 22nd.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thats the day they flip the switch and all of our wildest psn dreams come true

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

you haven't paid it yet. after the 22nd.

I won't be paying it at all unless the PS4.5 is good.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Guess I might as well get a couple years of PSN cards now

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I won't be paying it at all unless the PS4.5 is good.

Thx for letting us know

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the 10 dollars is too much unless 400 unnecessary ones go with it argument.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Guess I might as well get a couple years of PSN cards now

Thx for letting us know

You're welcome. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

its been down twice recently after being solid for a long time.

It's a new group of kids paying for botnet time to DDOS, but it's definitely been less effective than the LizardSquad one was. There were meetings between Microsoft and Sony on ways to mitigate it, and those measures are working. They're not full down, the PSN store and other services work so people can play their games, just not do multiplayer.

It could also be planned maintenance for the Slim or Neo to hit market.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Bombtrack needs to do everyone a solid and not want to play.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

All PSVR games should be free with PSN Plus cause they're all going to be short gimmicky crap for a while.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

100ft robot golf and rez are launch titles (that i will buy and play without the dumb helmet)

Dehry posted:

It's a new group of kids paying for botnet time to DDOS, but it's definitely been less effective than the LizardSquad one was. There were meetings between Microsoft and Sony on ways to mitigate it, and those measures are working. They're not full down, the PSN store and other services work so people can play their games, just not do multiplayer.

but my rage!

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Awesome! posted:

thats the day they flip the switch and all of our wildest psn dreams come true

sounds amazing, and for only a few cents a month!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

site says its all up and running
https://status.playstation.com/en-US/

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Well, at least we got in some ritualized bitching today.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Dehry posted:

Is the neo actually supposed to be released soon?

Ty can anyone confirm

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Housh posted:

All PSVR games should be free with PSN Plus cause they're all going to be short gimmicky crap for a while.

Unironically they should add a PSVR slot to the monthly lineup, that would be a huge incentive to buy-in

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

PSN is indeed back up

Well for ffxiv at least

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Sep 7, 2016

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

They'll probably throw in one of those games from the PSVR Worlds pack-in disc every month or something. There's real games like Ace Combat and Resident Evil 7 coming down the line but those tech demo things would probably work as freebies.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Is the neo actually supposed to be released soon?

all games out in october need to have neo mode and there are strong rumors of a 2016 release so probably sept for new ps4, october for psvr, and november for ps4k if i had to guess.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

If you qualified for the last promotion that awarded a 20% discount code, it should be in your email now or soon.
No idea what I'll use it on. Pretty dry month for me.

-e- while browsing the releases for this month, I saw Jazzpunk is coming to PS4 September 20th! That game is so awesome!

barren_sky fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 7, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it is and people should buy it

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Wreath of Barbs posted:

I played it on PC and it's one of the few things I've ever refunded. It's really pretty - it looks and sounds good, and has Sean Bean narrating. But the game itself is a dull walking simulator and I never found anything remotely scary in the time I played it. I also died several times to things I couldn't see and I'm not sure if it was a bug or a feature.

If you like the idea of walking extremely slowly through some snowy mountains while nothing much happens it's a must buy.

I wish I'd listened to this, I bought it on a friend's recommendation. I like walking games and I like snowy atmospheres so it sounded like a good match, but navigation is a huge pain, you die instantly all the time, and the checkpoint system sucks. Also the frame rate is awful in the PS4 version.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Dehry posted:

If it was planned maintenance then it would've been announced beforehand, and somewhere other than their status page

Real hurthling! posted:

all games out in october need to have neo mode and there are strong rumors of a 2016 release so probably sept for new ps4, october for psvr, and november for ps4k if i had to guess.

RIch kids are going to have an insane christmas this year.

acksplode fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 7, 2016

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Real hurthling! posted:

No need to get one on launch. Not very many people have a 4k tv, every game (at launch) is required to run on ps4 vanilla. Don't sweat it.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

PS4K comes with a placebo effect that will effectively eliminate your perception of dropped frames, so factor that in

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm buying an Atari jaguar because it has the most graphics so I hear. Alien vs predator looks dope.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wait til you see Doom!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

strategery posted:

Don't sweat it.

yeah its only videogames. just speculating on what they'll say tomorrow

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

PS4 Neo is gonna be built into the iPhone 7 but with no HDMI jack.

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Liver Disaster posted:

What kind of headset are you using with your ps4 that requires optical out?

$300 Astros

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Sakurazuka posted:

Wait til you see Doom!

I bought a 32X for Doom.

Speaking of failed hardware, my brain keeps telling me to cancel PSVR and info like this doesn't help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNQvLrfYnv8

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I bought a 32X for Doom.

Never did that, but I did own Doom on SNES. That actually wasn't that bad of a port all things considered.

More on-topic, why don't you just wait and see? After the endless amount of bitching people had about No Man's Sky, it sounds like it is in everyone's best interest to just wait and see.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

NESguerilla posted:

I'm buying an Atari jaguar because it has the most graphics so I hear. Alien vs predator looks dope.

There's a new system on the block.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

I watched that whole video. A small part of me misses the cheesy advertising with plenty of 'tude.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

blackguy32 posted:

Never did that, but I did own Doom on SNES. That actually wasn't that bad of a port all things considered.

More on-topic, why don't you just wait and see? After the endless amount of bitching people had about No Man's Sky, it sounds like it is in everyone's best interest to just wait and see.

Wait and see is the equivalent to cancelling, which is probably what I would've done a long time ago if I wasn't a technophile nerd. I've owned like five smart watches already.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I'm trying to activate 2FA on my account and I just get 'The connection to the server was lost' every time I try to turn it on. GG Sony.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Wait and see is the equivalent to cancelling, which is probably what I would've done a long time ago if I wasn't a technophile nerd. I've owned like five smart watches already.

I guess it would be the smart thing to do. Im trying to think back on all of the gimmicks that are common place now and what I can come up with are:

Dual analog sticks
4 shoulder buttons
Rumble

I come up blank with all the other stuff but maybe an smarter goon than I can think of some visual gimmicks that have stuck around that are similar to VR?

unlawfulsoup posted:

I watched that whole video. A small part of me misses the cheesy advertising with plenty of 'tude.

There was this video and there was a video that they sent out shortly before the N64 was released that featured Super Mario 64, Pilotwings 64, and Shadows of the Empire. I must have watched that video over 20 times. It got me super pumped to want to own an N64.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tyree posted:

Yeah but I have the lock on everything. I have only used this ps4 so I am going to assume my account got hijacked and I won't be able to do anything about this until PSN is functioning.

i see nobody has said anything about this but there's a chance you actually just never registered your ps4 as your main console and it's locking you out of poo poo for that reason when it can't connect online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
This race to 4k is a bit baffling. I guess TV manufacturers needed a new gimmick to sell new TVs. You'd need a monster console or PC gaming rig to run at that res natively (pretty sure the PS4.5 will just upscale) so I wonder how many people will actually experience true-4k content?

Even lots 4k Blu-Rays won't be true 4k because lots films were mastered at 2k, so some are already just up-scaling this. Netflix has a bunch of 4k shows but you have to pay a higher subscription fee to get that.

It's like the early days of HD all over again.

• Locked thread