Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Album cover of the year IMO

yeah, gonna be one of the all-time top album covers in any genre imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

40 lbs to freedom posted:

id rather catch aids and die than participate in some white guy half-mosh at a loving kanye concert

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Only dumb white kids would want to be on the floor. I would be pretty happy to be in the stands tho.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
If there's anybody out there dumber than me, don't sleep on Still Brazy. Badass neo-G-funk, are any of YG's previous releases worth getting into?

Didn't think much of the Dora and Dolly tape, pretty meh beats and their vocals obviously got nothing on Thugger.

Loving the power ranger thug dress squad tho

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Still Brazy was the Stranger Things of Apple Music.

I'm looking forward to The Game's next album "1992" which he said on IG last night would drop October 7. I thought Documentary 2.5 was great.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Wafflecop posted:

If there's anybody out there dumber than me, don't sleep on Still Brazy. Badass neo-G-funk, are any of YG's previous releases worth getting into?

Didn't think much of the Dora and Dolly tape, pretty meh beats and their vocals obviously got nothing on Thugger.

My Krazy Life was good, way better than Still Brazy imo. Still Brazy sounded like a bunch of songs I'd heard before, just a new album of stuff that already sounded old.

Pertplus
Nov 7, 2009

Looks like the mortal kombat vibe was intentional
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaitCRnqsdY&t=65s
Lol at the huge bodyguard following him around with the fashion zipper outfit and leather gloves.

Pertplus fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 6, 2016

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Wafflecop posted:

My Krazy Life was AotY 2014 for me.

also this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0hCmAwthAE

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I would watch/listen to a Jeffery morning show.

Bandiet
Dec 31, 2015

I've pretty much always despised trap music, Young Thug included, but JEFFERY is insane and unlike anything I've heard.

He does to rap delivery what John Zorn does to the saxophone.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Wafflecop posted:

i listened to it twice when it came out and then never again. picked it back up this week and it really is something i underrated. it's good.

echoing everyone that my krazy life was the best thing in 2014 and yg's best release. long rear end skits come at the end of the songs and can be easily skipped.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Mosh pits are cool

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

The last rap concert I went to was El-P / Mr. Lif / Copywrite and Cage / RJD2 in Toronto at the Opera House 14 years ago.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Mosh pits are cool

Uhhh p sure only when it's white kids at punk shows, not white kids at Kanye shows

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Mosh pits are cool if you like being out of breath at a concert

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Mosh pits were cool when I was 22 and had unresolved aggression issues

JackBobby
Feb 26, 2016

Nearly dying in a pit during Rage's set at Lollapalooza remains one of my favorite live music experiences.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Pits aren't my thing but they're cool at shows where the music calls for it. Kanye's music does not.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Last time I saw Kanye I was up in the seats but he did Niggas in Paris like 4 or 5 times in a row and the GA section was going crazy. I wish I could have gone down for that song and then gone back up to my seats

Also the orange and purple Jefferys look loving sick

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

Pits aren't my thing but they're cool at shows where the music calls for it. Kanye's music does not.

why not

let people have fun dude

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

monkeu posted:

Also the orange and purple Jefferys look loving sick
Thanks friend :hfive:

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
I jus - I just found out rats can use they lips!!

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar

why not

let people have fun dude

uhm excuse me sir this is somethingawful.com where nerds have to mitigate the shame they feel about posting on a long irrelevant internet forum by choosing random activities and interests to poo poo on

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Donald Glover Gambino's new show is good, hope that reflects into the new album or whatever he's puttin out.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
This Friday

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKBylGhAkPP/

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

why not

let people have fun dude

Who's stopping them?

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AAB posted:

Donald Glover Gambino's new show is good, hope that reflects into the new album or whatever he's puttin out.

haha, sure

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
the show is good but his talent outside of rapping wasnt the issue to begin with

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Kenshin posted:

Mosh pits were cool when I was 22 and had unresolved aggression issues

Is it possible to be male without aggression issues?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8uf5U0M728
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSXg2swBmrY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntxub81CJ_4

new new

gucci bane fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Sep 7, 2016

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

AAB posted:

Gambino will never ever make a good hip hop record. He's got too many layers of ironic detachment to the genre and his lyrics are garbage.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
tbh he has a couple good tracks (3005 was a proper summer jam) and if he just stayed in a pop-rap lane he'd be fine

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Someone should make a version of that Young Thug pic with the Dirty Sprite 2 colors.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
I want a JEFFERY quote or lyric on my body as a permanent tattoo one day

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Because the Internet was solid

It's production was real loving good. and he had a couple of real good tracks on there.

Yeah there's the cringeworthy line occasionally but other than that it's real loving solid.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dexo posted:

Because the Internet was solid

It's production was real loving good. and he had a couple of real good tracks on there.

Yeah there's the cringeworthy line occasionally but other than that it's real loving solid.

It was pretty much unlistenable to me as a project. There were, 2? good tracks but thematically it felt like a god drat mess. Cool that you enjoyed it though.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

I think I have said this but I saw Gambino live once. It was just after Death Grips at an all ages festival. There was heaps of little pop girls and boys who had struggled their way to the front in preparation for Gambino. They got absolutely made piss when Death Grips started and angry teens started moshing everywhere. It was hilarious because they had absolutely no idea what was happening and had just got dropped into the middle of it. The Death Grips drummer was playing on broken drums then threw them into a screen on the stage. Gambino was underwhelming after that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

It was pretty much unlistenable to me as a project. There were, 2? good tracks but thematically it felt like a god drat mess. Cool that you enjoyed it though.

Crawl, Worldstar, Oakland, 3005, Sweatpants all were standouts to me but :shrug:

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaJSk82bcIY

fredo in the cut that's a Scary Sight

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_3neT-KRRg future is washed out 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYScRCoHMCE new deniro for 2016 pleas