Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Grem posted:

Let me crush that happiness for you.

Ailes got a $40 million severance.

And people say we need to tax the rich more? Look at the hardship Ailes has to endure! 50% of his income gone in an instant, just because he hurt some woman's feelings. Every day the SJWs are sending more and more of our brave captains of industry into crippling poverty. Thanks Obama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
https://twitter.com/UtaJohansdottir/status/770245796881129472

Apparently someone conducted a poll that put Harambe at 5% for a presidential candidate and Jill Stein is at 3%.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Say what you want about Harambe—at least he’s not anti‐vax.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Platystemon posted:

Wait she's an actual doctor?

I had to google this but jeez, first do no harm.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Apparently she is anti-wifi too?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Platystemon posted:

syscall girl posted:

Wait she's an actual doctor?

I had to google this but jeez, first do no harm.

I was under the impression that she is pro vaccine but doesn't like the drug companies.

http://www.snopes.com/is-green-party-candidate-jill-stein-anti-vaccine/

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

nexus6 posted:

RE: Jill Easter article

What is the point of suing people if the court doesn't enforce payment when you win? It says Peters hasn't seen a cent of her $5.7M settlement, what the hell?

From a couple pages back but Peters will be able to claim any future assets they might get their hands on some day. For example I could see the enterprising Jill Easter Ava Bjork Ava Everheart trying to profit off of a tell-all memoir highlighting the controversy someday, in which case Peters would be able to sue for the rights.

Which is exactly what happened to OJ Simpson and If I Did It became I Did It, a pretty schadenfreudey outcome to a shameless and despicable cash grab.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

RNG posted:

Hey, man, at least Rockingham isn't Ellerbe.

if Ellerbe was good enough for Andre the Giant it's good enough for me :colbert:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

I know salon is not exactly a 100% unbiased source, it's gone down the same road as huffpo but

http://www.salon.com/2016/08/03/jill_steins_anti_vax_game_how_and_why_the_green_party_candidate_is_pandering_to_the_anti_vaccination_crowd/

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

But I've been practicing drawing that turtle from the matchbook cover Mitch McConnell and was almost ready to apply!

There we go.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Huh, that's a good article. Thanks. I'm not a fan of the Green Party or Jill and that doesn't help.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Even Snopes’ “the Green Party removed the anti‐vax plank from the platform in April of this year” is damning with faint praise.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Even Snopes’ “the Green Party removed the anti‐vax plank from the platform in April of this year” is damning with faint praise.

I had always figured she was just a little less crazy than your average Green Party fan much the same way they show Johnson as a slightly less crazy Libertarian. I was wrong!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Crossposting from the Comic Strip Megathread:

Slammy posted:

And He Died.

Newspaper comics were a lot darker back in the day.

E: poo poo, thought this was the comic thread. Oh well. The schadenfreude is me.

You Are A Werewolf has a new favorite as of 03:55 on Sep 7, 2016

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

You Are A Elf posted:

Crossposting from the Comic Strip Megathread:

Newspaper comics were a lot darker back in the day.

E: poo poo, thought this was the comic thread. Oh well. The schadenfreude is me.

Very dark retelling of Peter and the Wolf, imo

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

This whole business is very weird to me.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Gawrsh!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They don't call him Dopey for nothing!

I like how Snow White looks horrified then continues on. At least Chip checks on him!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Blue Team is brutal.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

This looks like the finale of Fantasmic at Disneyland.

We saw it once where they started it, but Mickey didn't appear initially like be was supposed to. Sixty seconds into it, the music abruptly stopped and all the light towers and props all slunk back under the water awkwardly. Ten minutes later the show started normally. Guess Mickey missed his queue?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Panfilo posted:

This looks like the finale of Fantasmic at Disneyland.

We saw it once where they started it, but Mickey didn't appear initially like be was supposed to. Sixty seconds into it, the music abruptly stopped and all the light towers and props all slunk back under the water awkwardly. Ten minutes later the show started normally. Guess Mickey missed his queue?

Good news for the performer, it was at Disneyworld instead.
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201608/5203/

Their boat is much smaller than the one used in Disneyland. That one's harder to fall off of but it would probably be way worse.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
^^ Pretty sure that's a different boat in the gif. It's probably actually from the Disney Cruise line. Compare the railings

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

JD posted:

^^ Pretty sure that's a different boat in the gif. It's probably actually from the Disney Cruise line. Compare the railings

Did you even read Canyoneer's post?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw-RXbESNp4

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

http://i.imgur.com/MBNxqTA.gifv

"you're ok, you're ok, stop crying, please stop crying, you're ok, don't tell mom, you're ok"

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Memento posted:

http://i.imgur.com/MBNxqTA.gifv

"you're ok, you're ok, stop crying, please stop crying, you're ok, don't tell mom, you're ok"
The only thing that could have made that gif perfect would be if it had gone in the hoop.

ed: 4:09 is pretty great for the "awww" then "go in for the kill" factor.

Parts Kit has a new favorite as of 13:39 on Sep 7, 2016

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

God Hole posted:

From a couple pages back but Peters will be able to claim any future assets they might get their hands on some day. For example I could see the enterprising Jill Easter Ava Bjork Ava Everheart trying to profit off of a tell-all memoir highlighting the controversy someday, in which case Peters would be able to sue for the rights.

Which is exactly what happened to OJ Simpson and If I Did It became I Did It, a pretty schadenfreudey outcome to a shameless and despicable cash grab.

Yeah, the 5 million is mostly symbolic. The moment she tries to collect the Easters will declare bankruptcy and that'll be that.

This would probably make for a decent Lifetime TV movie though, so she might get a little money for that. I think the fact her nemesis is ruined is going to have to be enough for her.

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

Ann Coulter Was at ‘The Roast of Rob Lowe’ Because She Didn’t Know What a Roast Was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwoGrDa5g2c

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

More like "she had a book to promote and underestimated how hard people would poo poo on her because she is a human being* with no self-awareness".

*opinions on this vary

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Anti-Trump conservatives keep getting stuck in elevators
http://www.dailydot.com/unclick/anti-trump-conservatives-trapped-in-elevators/

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Wow, Dallas News just endorsed Hillary. That's... holy poo poo. I was not expecting a hard right leaning paper to go that way.

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/editorials/20160907-we-recommend-hillary-clinton-for-u.s.-president.ece

The scootyfroot is in the comments section though. Lots of people losing their god damned minds.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander has a new favorite as of 15:29 on Sep 7, 2016

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Is it normal for news outlets to "recommend" a President? What the hell?

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

I love disney costume malfunctions and the possible emotional trauma they inflict.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ6Ui8nvZNw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA3p41ErOXg

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

orange sky posted:

Yes? For as long and newspapers and presidents have existed.

Do you know what endorsements are? Did you know that newspapers have opinion areas?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
The Clintons are basically fiscal conservatives with liberal social leanings, so it makes sense to me

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

orange sky posted:

The Editorial board endorses the paper. Not the News desk.

And yeah, like since the papers existed they've endorsed candidates.

EDIT: you said news outlets and not newspapers, so I think I can see the confusion. If the editorial page at the New York Times says 'Go Hillary', Hillary can say the New York Times has endorsed her. If Sean Hannity says 'Hmmm Trump', Trump can't say Fox News endorsed him because Hannity is an opinion show on Fox News. Fox News or CNN wouldn't endorse a candidate because they're supposed to be impartial.

It's just the way the endorsements are phrased. If the editorial desk at a newspaper endorses the candidate they still say it's the newspaper. But that only works with dead media no one cares about anymore.

Krispy Wafer has a new favorite as of 15:42 on Sep 7, 2016

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Wow, Dallas News just endorsed Hillary. That's... holy poo poo. I was not expecting a hard right leaning paper to go that way.

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/editorials/20160907-we-recommend-hillary-clinton-for-u.s.-president.ece

The scootyfroot is in the comments section though. Lots of people losing their god damned minds.

I mean their article is basically nothing but them pointing out everything wrong with Hillary before going "But at least she's not Trump because holy poo poo what is wrong with you people." which is a stance several conservative outlets are taking.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

orange sky posted:

Yes, since newspapers began basically. That's why they are named things like "The West Fartsville Democrat Journal" and poo poo like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Well I don't know, in Portugal as far as I'm aware I've never seen a News Channel/Newspaper/Editorial supporting a candidate in anything in an official manner. Of course we know which media sides with which political party but there's never a blatant "Here, vote x". Maybe the laws just aren't the same, I guess.

Of course in opinion columns there's a personal bias, I'm not talking about that.