Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Nice that hes not even pretending to be about government transparency anymore. I no longer think he's even an accelerationist anymore since that would involve some bit of misguided idealism, I think he's just a total loving sellout. I hope the fucker rots in that consulate.

Assange was never about government transparency, just about targeting certain countries. :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

DemeaninDemon posted:

How is she a Nixon. How. Like seriously you're full of poo poo how.

She's a technocrat that clearly has a pathological need to be loved despite being a charismatic black hole. She's willing to use obscure procedure and personal connections to get her way in a way that is deeply unusual for politicians (this is normally listed as a positive trait for Hillary, as it was for Nixon). She got crushed by a more charismatic outsider and hasn't forgotten that burn. She spent some time in the wilderness and spent a lot of energy shoring up her base.

She's deeply and fundamentally queer in the same way Nixon was. I don't see how the parallels aren't obvious. She's a mirror image, left where he was right. But don't be surprised when she "creates the EPA" as a compromise with her "friends" on the right.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Evil Fluffy posted:

Assange was never about government transparency, just about targeting certain countries. :ssh:

That's pretty unfair.

He doesn't want to end up in a US torture cell.

That means seeking safety with the of the US (who are also actively creepy fucks).

Nothing wrong with knowing which side butters your bread.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

fool_of_sound posted:

Yeah, the ostensible radical revolutionary Maoist would know a lot about nuance.

FTFY

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shbobdb posted:

She's a technocrat that clearly has a pathological need to be loved despite being a charismatic black hole. She's willing to use obscure procedure and personal connections to get her way in a way that is deeply unusual for politicians (this is normally listed as a positive trait for Hillary, as it was for Nixon). She got crushed by a more charismatic outsider and hasn't forgotten that burn. She spent some time in the wilderness and spent a lot of energy shoring up her base.

She's deeply and fundamentally queer in the same way Nixon was. I don't see how the parallels aren't obvious. She's a mirror image, left where he was right. But don't be surprised when she "creates the EPA" as a compromise with her "friends" on the right.

lol she won the popular vote in her primary with Obama, probably the most popular candidate for president in recent history. Throughout the primary, Clinton supporters were more enthusiastic about her than Sanders voters about him.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

:tipshat:

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Shbobdb posted:

in a way that is deeply unusual for politicians

Uh oh you're going off-message

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Epic High Five posted:

lol she won the popular vote in her primary with Obama, probably the most popular candidate for president in recent history. Throughout the primary, Clinton supporters were more enthusiastic about her than Sanders voters about him.

So now we're going all revanchist and saying that Hillary should have won in '08?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shbobdb posted:

So now we're going all revanchist and saying that Hillary should have won in '08?

She won the popular vote because Obama killed it in caucuses while Hillary won California, Texas, New York, and Florida. Also Obama wasn't even on the Michigan ballot. Nobody is saying Hillary was the real winner.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Petr posted:

Uh oh you're going off-message

Not really. The whole "Cheerleader Hillary was the only one who went to loser Newt's Birthday Party" narrative just like how Senator Nixon was known to create a successful compromise. Part of why he was chosen for the VP slot.

But we do agree that Hillary will win Texas :wink:

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I don't know why some of you are complaining about actual discussion of politics, even if it's rehashed. Would you rather argue some more about self-driving cars?

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

big boi posted:

I don't know why some of you are complaining about actual discussion of politics, even if it's rehashed. Would you rather argue some more about self-driving cars?

Talking about politics is great, but these are some dumb loving posts from a self-described radical Maoist, so

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Petr posted:

Talking about politics is great, but these are some dumb loving posts from a self-described radical Maoist, so

Better Red than dead a dog fucker.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Shbobdb posted:

Better Red than dead a dog fucker.

You're literally the dumbest person in this thread

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Shbobdb posted:

Your evidence of her swing right can be found here:

The rest of your points can be summed up as a bag of flaming dog poo poo.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Evil Fluffy posted:

This. He was never any kind of idealist who lost his way. He was always this spiteful bastard who ruined a potential tool for increasing accountability for his own petty grudges.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

DemeaninDemon posted:

Your evidence of her swing right can be found here:

The rest of your points can be summed up as a bag of flaming dog poo poo.

You clearly misunderstood my post.

Unless you are the sort of Colbert liberal who thinks that President Nixon was, in fact, well to the left of President Obama.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shbobdb posted:

Unless you are the sort of Colbert liberal who thinks that President Nixon was, in fact, well to the left of President Obama.

I don't even know where to begin with this sentence.

EDIT: You seem to be pretending to be dumb to rile up the thread but are also actually dumb. You're inconsistent and can never back up any of the accusations you make. Please, just try to at least prove something.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Sep 7, 2016

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Shbobdb posted:

You clearly misunderstood my post.

Stop your making my head hurt trying to understand your poo poo.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Shbobdb posted:

She's deeply and fundamentally queer in the same way Nixon was.

ah, a nixon/kissinger shipper

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

ah, a nixon/kissinger shipper

You clearly haven't read your Thomson.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Clearly Shbobdb never read their James David Barber.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Shbobdb posted:

You clearly haven't read your Thomson.

It's spelled Thompson you god dang revisionist rightist.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Trabisnikof posted:

Clearly Shbobdb never read their James David Barber.

Hillary is like *the* active-negative type.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Shbobdb posted:

Colbert liberal

Never stop posting

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Brainiac Five posted:

It's spelled Thompson you god dang revisionist rightist.

I'm an anti-revisionist who is phone posting.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I still manage to phone post somewhat coherently.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Shbobdb posted:

I'm an anti-revisionist who is phone posting.

You're as anti-revisionist as Khruschev and you've got the brain of Brezhnev with the class analysis of Deng.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Brainiac Five posted:

You're as anti-revisionist as Khruschev and you've got the brain of Brezhnev with the class analysis of Deng.

Please quantify that. You aren't making a real argument unless you can back it up with clear examples including a quantifiable metric.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Shbobdb posted:

Hillary is like *the* active-negative type.

lol

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Where would you place it on the Barber "political compass"?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DemeaninDemon posted:

I still manage to phone post somewhat coherently.

Strong post/avatar character combo here.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Shbobdb posted:

Where would you place it on the Barber "political compass"?

Quadrant IV, in so much as I think Barber isn't terrible useful.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Quadrant IV, in so much as I think Barber isn't terrible useful.

I like how you never actually say anything.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shbobdb posted:

:jerkbag:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Shbobdb posted:

I answered your question?

You didn't ask why I think you're wrong; you only asked where I'd put her.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Think what you will, but I actually say things. Bi Now just shitposts and says nothing. What coherent position has he placed? How has he advanced the discussion beyond mere cheerleading?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Hey instead of taking obvious bait could you people just put them on ignore for a change so that tomorrow morning this thread doesn't have a few hundred posts of goons falling over themselves to play with the same hand grenade?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This shitposting competition sure is exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Shbobdb posted:

Please quantify that. You aren't making a real argument unless you can back it up with clear examples including a quantifiable metric.

Here you go.

• Locked thread