Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

smug n stuff posted:

I'm pretty sure that panel's the coolest Spender's ever looked, ever.

Also turns out Day can turn her words white too??? Hidden Truths

Spender would be so happy if he knew that was their mental image of him there.

He wouldn't stop smiling for like a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

All I want from this comic is for all these dorks to work together.

MikeJF posted:

Also, what's this about Corrupted Humans, I wonder. Mediums that have lost control?

I doubt it's related to mediums because Boss Leader says the Cousinhood is after a "dwindling prey" and while mediums may possibly be rare and loss of control might be more-so I don't think "dwindling" is really a good term for things that can pop up at any time. Also I don't think the Cousinhood would be cool with the Consortium if they were primarily worried about out of control mediums, especially considering that a medium is running the joint. My guess is it's referring to the skull mask cult guys.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Zarei seems pretty tense in that last panel. Wonder why? The fact Spender's under investigation, maybe?

She and Spender are pretty clearly neck deep in this together.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

4 Starchman Stars say Ed Burger's parents are dead.

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Zarei seems pretty tense in that last panel. Wonder why? The fact Spender's under investigation, maybe?
It's been all but said that they're related to one another and working together towards something probably not in the Consortium's best interests. I for one cannot wait to find out what it is several years from now.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Are they scared of Isaac turning into a monster?

Also, have we ever seen Isaac's family? Seems like he's the only one whose family we've heard nothing about.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
The thing is, I don't think the burger disappearance and the lake event could be directly connected since that was thirteen years ago and Ed is only twelve. Unless they were scientists working on test tube babies

They do seem to be on a boat tho...

Fecha fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Sep 6, 2016

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Kazy posted:

Are they scared of Isaac turning into a monster?

Also, have we ever seen Isaac's family? Seems like he's the only one whose family we've heard nothing about.

It's not clear Issac even has a family. He lives in an abandoned house with Doorman and a bunch of spirits.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Neo_Crimson posted:

It's not clear Issac even has a family. He lives in an abandoned house with Doorman and a bunch of spirits.

I didn't get the impression that he lives there, that's where he goes to be a broody little dork.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

Neo_Crimson posted:

Spender does suggest that Max use some of Isaac's excuses for having to leave mayfield on the train, suggesting that there's someone else besides the Doorman he'd have to make excuses to.
Of course, that could just be Spender being a clueless idiot...

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Neo_Crimson posted:

Dunno if he actually lives there. Doorman does, and Isaac showed the place to show his shortcut, but I've seen nothing to indicate he doesn't have an actual home.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Cthulhuite posted:

Wouldn't Doctors Burger be Ed's parents? :ohdear:

no there's no relation, it's just one of those weird coincidences

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Heck yes my buddy sphinx dude. woo.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

VerdantSquire posted:

4 Starchman Stars say Ed Burger's parents are dead.

It's been all but said that they're related to one another and working together towards something probably not in the Consortium's best interests. I for one cannot wait to find out what it is several years from now.

Not gonna lie i 100% forgot this, might be approaching time for a re-read

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

13 years ago, Rick Spender would've been the same age that Isaac is now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Bongo Bill posted:

He still is, emotionally.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Bongo Bill posted:

Makes me think he's hard on Isaac because he wants to protect the kid from repeating his mistakes

But its too late. No one can protect either of them from... the anime :stonk:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Is this the first time we've seen proof that Zarei's eyes aren't just painted onto her glasses, as some people had suggested?

Very important page!

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

new page! Best mystery / history rhyme since the Ducktales theme. Nice little preview of baby Spender and Zarei too.

Also it's interesting that Zarei has a little entourage if she's really so secretive.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

13-year-old Zarei has gigantic glasses and that's adorable.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Fecha posted:

Also it's interesting that Zarei has a little entourage if she's really so secretive.

I'm pretty sure that's not an entourage, that's the rest of the research division, with her being depicted with her back to it to show she doesn't really do anything with any of them.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

The most important part is that the scientists get their own footie pajamas.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
:spergin: That's not what "begs the question" means! :spergin:
I'm definitely hoping we get some flashbacks to kid Zarei and kid Spencer hangin' out and solvin' crimes.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

reignonyourparade posted:

I'm pretty sure that's not an entourage, that's the rest of the research division, with her being depicted with her back to it to show she doesn't really do anything with any of them.

I meant the guys that are traveling with her. Though I guess they might just be other consortium dudes she's obligated to travel with.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
good thing agent day can't see zarei's terrible poker face right now (not that it matters, day's got this in the bag :v:)

also dammit zarei you cant just withhold research, how do you even still have a job

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
And with one panel I'm already looking forward to the inevitable flashback chapter.

Look at Spender's scuffed elbows :swoon:

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

good thing agent day can't see zarei's terrible poker face right now (not that it matters, day's got this in the bag :v:)

also dammit zarei you cant just withhold research, how do you even still have a job

When you work for an organization that fights ghosts, has a secret base in the dreamscape, and is run by a person named "Boss Leader" you can basically get away with whatever

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

In practical terms, she's a busdriver.

(Also, it's hard to lose a job that doesn't pay money)

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Mystic Mongol posted:

In practical terms, she's a busdriver.

(Also, it's hard to lose a job that doesn't pay money)

Buddy, I can tell you that even when Academia doesn't pay, ya still gotta publish or perish.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Dolash posted:

Buddy, I can tell you that even when Academia doesn't pay, ya still gotta publish or perish.
Maybe she's got a day job. I mean, research clearly comes so easily to her. She can do it in her sleep.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
She's not actually researching anything, it's just that she didn't want to wear the suitsies and so she registered as a scientist to get a coatsies instead.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I like how Zarei's spirit energy is going crazier as the conversation goes on, while Day's is being more subdued and hidden. By the last panel Zarei looks ready to choke her with her spirit, and the discomfort on her face is pretty much open.

Day isn't having any of the equally coy spy stuff, she's making her angry. Prodding her, making her hasty and sloppy, which could lead to more info than she'd get by being friends.

Excellent. :golfclap:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
Is Flashback Zarei missing a hand? It sorta looks like her arm just ends in a pinkish circle.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
I was having trouble with that illustration too. The pinkish circle you see is part of Agent Day's scarf-thing, I'm pretty sure, but I still read little Zarei's arm as ending in a stump.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

It's just his style, none of the scientists really have hands either.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Update!

There are just no words for these two omg :stwoon::swoon:

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

neogeo0823 posted:

Update!

There are just no words for these two omg :stwoon::swoon:

Day is just going to destroy Spender and Zarei isn't she? Join her up with Max and the peanut gallery will become too strong to be stopped.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
You know, outside of the humor value it's kind of refreshing for once to have a character who is totally chill and calling out another character's bullshit like this.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Zarei and Spender are way more alike than I realized. Wilting like that is a serious Spender move.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I thought Zarei was intimidating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
The alt text :allears:
*gets flustered on a date and ducks under the table to call my mom*