Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
He's not making GBS threads but is he taking the piss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

lol @ Nintendo. I get that there's a 24 hour leak cycle now and you don't need to like, let it all hang out at E3 or whatever anymore because you can just forward a press release to IGN at 3 in the morning and let them do the work for you, but this really is some Dreamcast-level poo poo. Nothing at all, huh? Christ. So is the next Zelda really going to be NX only?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

He's not making GBS threads but is he taking the piss?

Iwata is taking the piss out of me from beyond the gtrave!!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

paco650 posted:

lol @ Nintendo. I get that there's a 24 hour leak cycle now and you don't need to like, let it all hang out at E3 or whatever anymore because you can just forward a press release to IGN at 3 in the morning and let them do the work for you, but this really is some Dreamcast-level poo poo. Nothing at all, huh? Christ. So is the next Zelda really going to be NX only?

No the next Zelda is going to be on both Wii U and the NX. :geno:

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
See Blizzard hosed everything up because they make The Most Money™ and delay pretty much everything they put out. So all these other companies know it's ok now.

All of our expectations will be stepped on! Over and over.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
If every company made games as good as Blizzard, the world would be a better place.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I'm not certain at this point whether it would be weirder to enter October not knowing what the NX is, or to finally find out the details of this thing after all this time.

Also, the thing that most excites me about a potential NX reveal is finally finding out what new software they've been working on since giving up on announcing new things for the Wii U like a year ago.

Tengames posted:

Im starting to suspect it will be delayed, because while nintendo might be happy having a short time between announcement and launch I'm not sure the people making games for it would feel the same.

Would a lot of companies really want to launch their NX ports, let alone exclusives against Breath of the Wild? I'm guessing we still see a March launch filled with Nintendo software and indies, and the third party multiplats and ports (assuming they come out to play this time at all) come in the months afterwards. Lots of first party exclusives at launch would secure a better install base, the third party content wouldn't be launching opposite the most hotly desired Nintendo title in years, and they would have more time to promote their games. They might actually be happier launching their games 3-6 months after the NX hits shelves.

I recall rumors that the 3ds launch lineup was low on first-party content to attract more launch third-party titles. It seems reasonable to me that companies would expect early adopters of new Nintendo hardware to be reserving their initial purchases for the all-new Nintendo games.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

the NX....

will be waterprooF!

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

If every company made games as good as Blizzard, the world would be a better place.

Well yeah, because we'd only be playing new games every couple of years.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

i love lowest common denominator skinner boxes made for adults

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Blizzards games are alright

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

:barf:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
When are they going to make a sequel to their best two games Lost Vikings and Lost Vikings 2

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
it's gonna turn out that the nx was inside all of us all along :unsmith:

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
The kingdom of the NX is within.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

:smugmrgw:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

greatn posted:

When are they going to make a sequel to their best two games Lost Vikings and Lost Vikings 2

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

greatn posted:

unironically hoping for a sequel to 1994's sleeper turning-sideways-and-shooting hit, Blackthorne

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Blizzard should make games as good as Blizzard again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGmI36HZar4

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

xedo posted:

Would a lot of companies really want to launch their NX ports, let alone exclusives against Breath of the Wild? I'm guessing we still see a March launch filled with Nintendo software and indies, and the third party multiplats and ports (assuming they come out to play this time at all) come in the months afterwards. Lots of first party exclusives at launch would secure a better install base, the third party content wouldn't be launching opposite the most hotly desired Nintendo title in years, and they would have more time to promote their games. They might actually be happier launching their games 3-6 months after the NX hits shelves.

I recall rumors that the 3ds launch lineup was low on first-party content to attract more launch third-party titles. It seems reasonable to me that companies would expect early adopters of new Nintendo hardware to be reserving their initial purchases for the all-new Nintendo games.
breath of the wild is single player, so it would be a pretty good time to release something with multiplayer for the nx when they'd have 0 other multiplayer NX games to compete with.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
*holds a gun to my own head* if nintendo doesn't announce the nx I'll do it!!! I really will!!! you owe your fans an explanation, SINtendo!!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

This is plausible.

This is more accurate however:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

whoever made this nailed the colour scheme

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Is a pokemon evolving?

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

We are probably going to wish the NX looked this good when Nintendo reveal it before the end of this month.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Why does it have the 3DS flat analogue sticks if it doesn't fold up?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

That's so it can fit easily into the included carrying case.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

a.lo posted:

Is a pokemon evolving?

Someone Photoshop the bottom two images to swap for a few frames and become the top one. Maybe add the evolution dun dun dun dun dun da dee dun da dee da music to it.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Originally the Wii U Gamepad was going to have circle pads instead of analog sticks. It makes sense if your goal is something as flat as compact as possible.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

pixaal posted:

Someone Photoshop the bottom two images to swap for a few frames and become the top one. Maybe add the evolution dun dun dun dun dun da dee dun da dee da music to it.

what no it's a 3 stage pokemon.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Nintendo Europe just announced the NX

will be a prize in their upcoming Splatoon tournament. No hint at what it actually is, but you can win it if you make it to the finals.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Nintendo NX is a cheevo

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

That lends a little credence to to rumor about Splatoon coming to the NX.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well there's really absolutely no way it wouldn't, it's just a question of port or sequel?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

greatn posted:

Well there's really absolutely no way it wouldn't, it's just a question of port or sequel?

The rumor I'm referring to mentioned a port of Splatoon at launch, along with Smash, SMM, and :goshawk:BREATH OF THE WILD:goshawk:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Didn't that same rumor say they were having trouble with the Splatoon port with either some data import or interface issues and it may be cancelled?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Rumor: The NX now has a built in ice cream maker.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well it probably will have a cooking mama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

greatn posted:

Didn't that same rumor say they were having trouble with the Splatoon port with either some data import or interface issues and it may be cancelled?

Not that I'm aware of.

• Locked thread