Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/sports/wp/2016/09/06/2016-nfl-preview-can-the-redskins-reach-the-next-level/?tid=sm_tw_ps

Washington Post Redskins preview with a ton of cool 16 bit art

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Sep 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Pron on VHS posted:

Anyone who earnestly raps along to Fort Minor is probably not an rear end in a top hat

Truth. It's like guys in VW Bugs, you know they're totally harmless.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

Truth. It's like guys in VW Bugs, you know they're totally harmless.

I just read a book on him, was kind of disappointed. I was looking forward to Charles Manson crazy, not just good citizen when he wasn't slaughtering girls crazy.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

I just read a book on him, was kind of disappointed. I was looking forward to Charles Manson crazy, not just good citizen when he wasn't slaughtering girls crazy.

A book on Watt? Like, a biography? Motherfucker doesn't even have a grey hair yet.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

A book on Watt? Like, a biography? Motherfucker doesn't even have a grey hair yet.

Welp, JJ Watt Serial Killer who drives VW Bugs is now my official headcanon.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

That is fantastic.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, well, nether did Anne Frank.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

blue squares posted:

Yeah, well, nether did Anne Frank.

:catstare:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
stop replying to your own posts chiche

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I just realized he was referring to Bundy. I wasn't intentionally making a reference to him. Just goes to show how good his camouflage was.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

helluva cut on that forehead. Gramps got a mean hook

riht
Dec 13, 2004

i knew u were trouble when u tossed int
n: joe flacco pronounces it "jiff" and tries to convince others to say it that way

v:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Spoeank posted:

helluva cut on that forehead. Gramps got a mean hook

Gramps probably hit him with whatever was around his hotel room.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Poonerman posted:

The Saints are going to give Brees another mega-deal? I almost feel sorry for Saints fans

It's not like there is a Montana/Young or Farve/Rodgers situation here. Once Brees is gone, we are screwed at QB.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Poonerman posted:

The Saints are going to give Brees another mega-deal? I almost feel sorry for Saints fans

Lost the right to bitch about this when we forced him to play out his first, super cheap contract.

Settling in for 4 more years of 6-10 to 8-8 record seasons, but at least Drew's gonna retire here.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/773470252906614785

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
In the Goon Discord FF League, RG3 couldn't find the yahoo website(lolwut) for the draft and his team auto drafted Kirk Cousins anyway.

This is going to be a great season.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

On Tuesday night's episode of Hard Knocks, third-year CB Lamarcus Joyner threatened to walk out on the Rams because of playing time.

Aside from Jared Goff and Pharoh Cooper not knowing which direction the sun rises (literally) in episode one, this was probably the only semi-interesting storyline to come out of the entire five-week show. Joyner threatened to leave the team and go work at Wal-Mart because he wasn't working with the starting defense last week. Coach Jeff Fisher eventually talked Joyner into staying, and Joyner has since been listed as the Rams' first-team nickel back on the depth chart.

So either Jeff Fisher is a total pissbaby or they staged something out of desperation.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

FizFashizzle posted:

So either Jeff Fisher is a total pissbaby or they staged something out of desperation.

I don't see the need to make this an either/or sitch

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jeff Fisher is a petty rear end in a top hat so I'm assuming it was a thing he did to teach him a lesson.

Some people will be assholes to you to see if you "care enough" to get emotional about something.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Jeff Fisher is a total pissbaby

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Josh Kline's sense of self-worth had taken a beating.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

riht posted:

n: joe flacco pronounces it "jiff" and tries to convince others to say it that way

v:

I agree with Joe

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/omarkelly/status/773508486588092416

lol

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Suh, Wake, & Co should have Wilson running for his life regardless of where they are playing.

Nov 6, 2002

Bort Bortles posted:

Suh, Wake, & Co should have Wilson running for his life regardless of where they are playing.

I'm sure Tannehill will be safe and sound.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
the joke is Omar thinking Jimmy Graham was ever factored into the game's line

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Pron on VHS posted:

exactly

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

NC-17 posted:

I'm sure Tannehill will be safe and sound.
Of this I have no doubt.

Pron on VHS posted:

I am not awake yet :downs:

Nov 6, 2002

This is still the highlight of Jeff Fisher's coaching career:

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
The Redskins are giving away burgundy towels on Monday night to make the terrible towel yinzer invasion seem more burgundy and gold and less embarrassing on TV. Lol.

Nov 6, 2002

What is the etymology of that word?

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
It's a racial slur aimed at Native Americans

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bort Bortles posted:

Running out of the pocket and into the clear after Kiko blows out his acl and the other linebackers get distracted by a cool blade of grass.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

NC-17 posted:

People actually from Pittsburgh (so like 40% of Steelefs fanbase) say "yinz" as a noun in place of you, among other things. "Yinz see Big Ben with that co-ed at the bar?"

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

NC-17 posted:

The Beothuk (/biːˈɒtək/ or /ˈbeɪ.əθʊk/; also spelled Beothuck)[13][14] were an indigenous people based on the island of Newfoundland.[15] During spring, the Beothuk used red ochre to paint not only their bodies, but also their houses, canoes, weapons, and other possessions. This practice led Europeans to refer to them as "Red Indians". The use of ochre had great cultural significance. The decorating was done during an annual multi-day spring celebration. It designated tribal identity; for example, decorating newborn children was a way to welcome them into the tribe. Forbidding a person to wear ochre was a form of punishment.[16]

It is argued by sociologist Irving Lewis Allen that slang identifiers for ethnic groups based upon physical characteristics, including "redskin", are by nature derogatory, emphasizing the difference between the speaker and the target.[17] However, Professor Luvell Anderson of the University of Memphis, in his paper "Slurring Words", argues that for a word to be a slur, the word must communicate ideas beyond identifying a target group, and that slurs are offensive because the additional data contained in those words differentiates those individuals from otherwise accepted groups.[18] However, in the same sense that friend of the family originated as meaning nothing more than "black-skinned", redskin also took on an increasingly negative meaning.[8]

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

NattyBo posted:

The Redskins are giving away burgundy towels on Monday night to make the terrible towel yinzer invasion seem more burgundy and gold and less embarrassing on TV. Lol.

I'm astounded they're not charging for them.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cowboys can't escape 8-8

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Some bad team hashtags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
#JetUp is a really awkward catchphrase