Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Good timing with the news of mother Teresa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Picked up this bad boy of a monitor, Acer X34. Curved 34" beauty.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

88h88 posted:

I'm not sure I could be arsed to charge my surround speakers every time the battery went flat but then I'm super lazy. It's odd to see features like acoustic lenses only just becoming a thing in audio considering B&O had them in speakers 13 years ago, the audio world is usually pretty quick to jump on ideas like that.

How does it all sound?

I won't receive the back speakers until next Monday and I'll leave them plugged in (to power) since I happen to have outlets in convenient places. Last time I bought home theatre you still had to use wires for back speakers.

I'll post an update of my thoughts on Monday. For the price they better be spectacular.

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

Someone recommended these in an earlier iteration of Shoe Chat, and I finally need new sneakers, so I figured they were worth a try:

Nerd shirts, one for me...

...and one for a good friend of mine 'cause she loves this poo poo:

A new 6qt cooking pot because I need something a bit more shallow than my stock pots:

(it was $23 and I fear it might be junk, but oh well.)

I also technically bought a bunch of booze on Saturday while I was running sound for my friends' band, but that was really more of a rental than an outright purchase.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Acid Reflux posted:

Nerd shirts, one for me...

Link please. This is awesome and I need it in my XXL life

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

Amazon to the rescue!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

So good

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

So was the field goal apparently

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Since this is pyf recent purchase and shoe chat, does anyone know any places that carry wide shoes? Or good brands that even make them? I can't find poo poo outside of boots.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I buy New Balance and Merell in wide. Are you looking for dress shoes or sneakers?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I won't receive the back speakers until next Monday and I'll leave them plugged in (to power) since I happen to have outlets in convenient places. Last time I bought home theatre you still had to use wires for back speakers.

I'll post an update of my thoughts on Monday. For the price they better be spectacular.

Which 360 did you go with? We are currently looking into a home theater setup that we need to be wireless, and on Samsung.com everything is currently on sale....

Did you listen to these in a store at all?

fyallm has a new favorite as of 16:49 on Sep 6, 2016

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

I buy New Balance and Merell in wide. Are you looking for dress shoes or sneakers?

I think they're the only ones that do wides besides Hush Puppies. I don't think Nike does wide? There's are usually narrow but I found a few runners that fit.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
For dress shoes, Rockports make a wide that was a pretty substantial difference from their regulars.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
My old bag looked more "professional" but it felt like it weighted a million pounds and it was slightly too small. Everything fits into this bag and there's room for more. For some reason it feels like it's half as heavy with the same contents. Only downside is the fact that there is less pockets/zip pockets than I would have wanted. As a highschool teacher this thing is still the best I've found other than an actual backpack but I prefer the look of messenger bags since backpack make me feel like I'm a student

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

It's half as heavy because it's made with nylon and not leather.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Josh Lyman posted:

It's half as heavy because it's made with nylon and not leather.

While there was some leather on my old bag, it was more than half nylon. And while it was a bit heavier than this one, once full with a laptop, a few school books, planner, etc. it doesn't make that much of a difference. I think it's the fact that the strap is a bit wider and the easier adjustment method that make it feel lighter. There may be other things at play though

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

big mean giraffe posted:

Since this is pyf recent purchase and shoe chat, does anyone know any places that carry wide shoes? Or good brands that even make them? I can't find poo poo outside of boots.

Zappos. Screw everyone else. 15 4E here and good luck in a store.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Cutlery, plates and carbon

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I dunno what that carbon is, but it's pretty.

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Interesting cutlery, who makes it?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

fyallm posted:

Which 360 did you go with? We are currently looking into a home theater setup that we need to be wireless, and on Samsung.com everything is currently on sale....

gently caress it.

Just bought the Samsung HW-K650 3.1 and 2 Radiant360 R5's... Soon we will buy some more of the R5's to fill out the other room's in our house.

Also just paid someone to come and pump poo poo out of a tank in our bank yard... Not as fun of a purchase as the above.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Dogbrisket posted:

Looks like Viners

http://www.viners.co.uk/index.php/collections/high-fashion/exclusives/black-titanium-16-pce-giftbox-18-10.html

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

Tetanus chic.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Aramek posted:

I dunno what that carbon is, but it's pretty.

Big wang

Dogbrisket posted:

It's viners. Their black titanium stuff. Saw it at a restaurant. Lovely stuff

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I'm starting my Christmas shopping early so I don't have to worry about it in December.

CDs for a friend who is obsessed with Nine Inch Nails:

Some figurines for a friend who loves rottweilers and sharks:

A set of micron pens for my girlfriend:

And some books for myself:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Holy fuckin moly. Finally!!!

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

I haven't read that in ages, it must make for a curious read with all the technological development that's come since. Or then it feels prophetic.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Makes me want to play minesweeper.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

New desktop calculator :yayclod:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Those are awesome and super fast when using large numbers!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Spy_Guy posted:

New desktop calculator :yayclod:

Yes, it is the size of your desktop!

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

SpartanIV posted:

Those are awesome and super fast when using large numbers!

Fast compared to like...doing it by hand? What would make this any better than an electronic calculator with a big enough display?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

sleppy posted:

Fast compared to like...doing it by hand? What would make this any better than an electronic calculator with a big enough display?

You can type in a 10 digit number all at once by using 1 finger per column. So with essentially 4 presses you can add/subtract two 10 digit numbers. With a modern calculator you have to type in one digit at a time, so the same operation would take 22 key presses.

For accounting work, the saved time really adds up. There are youtube videos around showing pros using them and it's really impressive.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I bought a bunch of glittery fancy pants stuff from Michael's Crafts because god dammit, if you're coming over to my house to do roleplaying games you are going to make silly nametags for yourselves and there will be trinkets and poo poo and potions in real vials, etc.

Also this! (Tash-Kalar, 2nd Edition, and both the Expansion Decks - yay frost people!)

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 22:09 on Sep 7, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

fyallm posted:

R1. The prices for the others are obscene considering I needed two.

And no I haven't listened to the back speakers. I'll just return everything if they suck.

In other news, I pre-ordered this ugly thing because gently caress money

PS4 Pro (better graphics/framerate)

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

Big wang

It's viners. Their black titanium stuff. Saw it at a restaurant. Lovely stuff

I just ordered that cutlery after seeing your post , feel free to post more carbon

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I just bought all three Evil Dead movies on VHS what up scrubs

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

On a suggestion from a friend after I liked the copy of Imperial Life in the Emerald City he lent me.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
Bought some of this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Hrvstmn31 posted:

Bought some of this stuff.

Planning on a camshow? That seems to be the main use, painting your body with this stuff and then stripping naked on the internet.