Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Jozy can pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Mr. Mambold posted:

Jozy can pass.

The beard's a dead giveaway

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Pulisic should be starting and Kljestan should have a spot on the squad for the hex. Idgaf if these are games against tiny carribean countries. Pulisic is legit and Kljestan is the best passer of the ball we have at the moment.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
So whos ready for the Canada miracle comebahahahahahaha

:smith:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Pulisic somehow made Altidore look good.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

stab posted:

So whos ready for the Canada miracle comebahahahahahaha

You only have to win by more goals than you've scored over the last 5 games combined right, easy peasy

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Nostradingus posted:

You only have to win by more goals than you've scored over the last 5 games combined right, easy peasy

Not if Mexico does all the work for us

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Seltzer posted:

Pulisic should be starting and Kljestan should have a spot on the squad for the hex. Idgaf if these are games against tiny carribean countries. Pulisic is legit and Kljestan is the best passer of the ball we have at the moment.

I can't believe Kljestan has hung around for so long, but there he is. Some of these guys just take a decade to get good. Jozy got those oversized hams that if he doesn't ruin them or cramp up,(which he usually does) he can make tight shots look easy, really look like a player.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Not if Mexico does all the work for us

This ain't NAFTA otterburger ahaha

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Nostradingus posted:

CANADA HAS ONE

FOUR MORE TO GO MEXICO COME ON SCORE YOU GUYS

loving LARIN!!!!!!!!

edit: laffo that goal was miles offside too

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Lmao that defending

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
The TSN broadcast mentioned that El Salvador's players were offered money by a representative from Honduras to either win, draw, or lose by one goal tonight.

There's, like, a 99% chance of one of those three things happening anyway. Why would you even bother?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
How was that goal not offside by the length of, I don't know, the Trans Canadian Higheay

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Offside by a New Brunswick

stab
Feb 12, 2003

canada please stop with the loving long balls jesus christ

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Larin is the most infuriating player in the world to watch

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

So we need to call suicide watch on you yet, stab

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Se La Perdiķ is my favorite Hispanic broadcast line

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Nostradingus posted:

So we need to call suicide watch on you yet, stab

this is the Canada way man

5 billion chances

we convert on the one we shouldn't be allowed to.

this team has loving carved up El Sal like swiss cheese and we only have one goal.

hey news flash guys, we need 5 fyi

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I think the mysterious Honduran businessman successfully bribed Cyle Larin

stab
Feb 12, 2003

TWO!!!!!!!!!

COME ON YOU BASTARDS LETS GO

MEXICO WAKE THE FUCKUP

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOW WE ARE UP A MAN HOLY gently caress

CHANNEL THE WOMEN YOU lovely SOCCER PLAYERS

BE GOOD

stab fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Sep 7, 2016

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Qualify for the loving hex you garbage red retards

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Cobi Jones sounds like he's mid yawn all the time

I don't know if they're conspiring to keep Canada out or what but Mexico and Honduras have both been garbage today

Nostradingus fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Sep 7, 2016

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Gee we need tons of goals!!!

I know, lets sub off the two goal scorers!

*is Canada's coach*

stab
Feb 12, 2003

welp

It's over.

:sigh:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Canada died fighting, I respect that, better luck next time.

In other news, some MLS players scored some nice goals (Bolaņos and Matarrita) and I still wish Venegas is abducted by aliens and disappears forever.

https://twitter.com/GolesTicos_200/status/773338335691546624

https://twitter.com/GolesTicos_200/status/773358296317169664

https://twitter.com/GolesTicos_200/status/773358761855574017

And the corpse of Pescadito Ruiz finally retired and scored 5 goals in his last game, he now holds the record for most goals in WCQ games

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 7, 2016

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
messi would be proud of this

https://twitter.com/FIFAWorldCup/status/772901205626552320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

What happens if every game is 1-1

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

sebzilla posted:

What happens if every game is 1-1

FIFA rankings
Or pots, I forget

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Alexeythegreat posted:

FIFA rankings
Or pots, I forget

Nope. Apparently the rule is "Play-off match(es) on neutral ground (if approved by FIFA Organizing Committee), with extra time and penalty shoot-out if necessary". No clue how they'd organise a six team play-off though.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

jyrka posted:

Nope. Apparently the rule is "Play-off match(es) on neutral ground (if approved by FIFA Organizing Committee), with extra time and penalty shoot-out if necessary". No clue how they'd organise a six team play-off though.

Huh, I checked the regulations and you're right.
I could've sworn there were tournaments that had the ranking/pots bullshit tiebreaker criteria

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

jyrka posted:

very carefully

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Ol' Iberian Features has announced his first England squad:

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Joe Hart (Torino, on loan from Manchester City), Tom Heaton (Burnley)

Defenders: Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Stoke), Danny Rose (Tottenham), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kyle Walker (Tottenham)

Midfielders: Eric Dier (Tottenham), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Michail Antonio (West Ham), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Dele Alli (Tottenham)

Strikers: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Jamie Vardy (Leicester)

A couple of names pop up and smile there.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

HJB posted:

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Joe Hart (Torino, on loan from Manchester City), Tom Heaton (Burnley)

Defenders: Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Stoke), Danny Rose (Tottenham), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kyle Walker (Tottenham)

Midfielders: Eric Dier (Tottenham), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Michail Antonio (West Ham), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Dele Alli (Tottenham)

Strikers: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Jamie Vardy (Leicester)

Out pops a smiling Glenn Johnson

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
You guys think Hart will still start? He's been playing consistently for Torino and has only made a couple of incredibly bad mistakes.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Alexeythegreat posted:

Huh, I checked the regulations and you're right.
I could've sworn there were tournaments that had the ranking/pots bullshit tiebreaker criteria

it's like that in cl & el. fifa only wants the most pure qualifiers for the world cup!!!

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

HJB posted:

loving hell can we just forfeit international football already and let us just play the prem without a break

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Glen Johnson and Jesse Lingard, fucks sake England.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Shrapnig posted:

Glen Johnson and Jesse Lingard, fucks sake England.

To be fair they're probably replacements for Lallana and Clyne who are both "injured"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Southgate had the opportunity to be brave and make some tough calls but he's just like the rest. loving spineless cunts.

• Locked thread