Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Gonzo McFee posted:

The Cruiserweight division is going to become a jobber division so fast.

The final holder of the previous WWE Cruiserweight championship was Hornswoggle. No matter how fast it becomes a jobber title, it can still only go up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The Narrator posted:

Having Chris Jericho demand to enter the Cruiserweight Division (and get rolled by the new talent because he's an old man) would be amazing.

The New Age Outlaws getting the tag titles was indefensible but there was one moment where they rolled out of the ring after taking some fancy moves to have a conversation that went "what the hell was that? I don't know what any of those moves were" when they were perfect.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
At least she has a sense of humour about it

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/773364722968039424
https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/773365465330491396

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Gonzo McFee posted:

The Cruiserweight division is going to become a jobber division so fast.

NXT is already using the cruisers as enhancement talent for the heavyweights.

Also braun is already doing his squashing cruisers/lucha guys gimmick so I give it maybe a week.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

Also braun is already doing his squashing cruisers/lucha guys gimmick so I give it maybe a week.

wouldn't it make more sense that they're doing this solely so suddenly a cruiserweight like tozawa breaks his streak for a genuine wtf moment

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

MinibarMatchman posted:

wouldn't it make more sense that they're doing this solely so suddenly a cruiserweight like tozawa breaks his streak for a genuine wtf moment

In a lot of other companies I would think this, but the WWE has always treated the cruisers as being second class citizens in this respect, and every time they do a streak or gimmick like they are with Braun they never seem to have a plan for actually using it to get anyone else over. Like Rodney Mack's white boy challenge and Angles invitational are both things where everyone expected them to be building to someone else having a big moment, but after the fact its emerged from the writers that they that was never the plan.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

Am I the only person who can't see what the tweets he posts are quoting from? I only browse on my phone so it's really annoying to have to click and wait on the other page loading just to finally understand whatever is being talked about

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

They had Sean Maluta and Mustafa Ali, two guys who aren't exactly going to be big stars in the cruiserweight division, lose to Hideo Itami who is absolutely not a heavyweight.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Twisted Eye posted:

Am I the only person who can't see what the tweets he posts are quoting from? I only browse on my phone so it's really annoying to have to click and wait on the other page loading just to finally understand whatever is being talked about
That's why I've long since started including the tweets that were referenced. Skinty should have done the same.

Baron Corbyn posted:

They had Sean Maluta and Mustafa Ali, two guys who aren't exactly going to be big stars in the cruiserweight division, lose to Hideo Itami who is absolutely not a heavyweight.
And Kota Ibushi beat Buddy Murphy. In other words, that guy is full of poo poo.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

AMReese posted:

That's why I've long since started including the tweets that were referenced. Skinty should have done the same.

Say what?

Baron Corbyn posted:

Without going into details, they;ve been using cwc talent in up coming weeks on nxt and they have not exactly been coming out on top.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

Without going into details, they;ve been using cwc talent in up coming weeks on nxt and they have not exactly been coming out on top.

The only CWC matches I see in the spoilers are TM61 over Daivari & Nese and Itami over Gulak. None of those strike me as bad at all. Also, still no heavyweights.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm hearing that the guys who are unlikely to get contracts or be on Raw at all are being used as enhancement talent for people actually under contract...well...this is an outrage!!!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
My favourite memories of the last Cruiserweight title was WWE jobbing out whoever was Cruiserweight champ to everyone while putting out DVD's shaming WCW for ignoring the talent of the Cruiserweights.

That and Billy Kidman nearly killing Chavo with his SSP.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

spike dudley was the best cruiserweight champion

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ostentatious posted:

iawtp except the last two words were unnecessary

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

im still mad they didn't bring spike back and have the dudleys feud with the matadores

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Ostentatious posted:

RIP

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

In other words, don't just post a tweet of Becky Lynch saying "Touché". Post the tweet that she's replying to.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i mean tbf i dont understand half the poo poo that comes out of becky lynch's mouth anyway

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

AMReese posted:

In other words, don't just post a tweet of Becky Lynch saying "Touché". Post the tweet that she's replying to.

Haha that was rovert you loving idiot

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

AMReese posted:

Dumb rear end hole.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

My mistake

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

basic reading comprehension would have prevented Alvarez from calling you an idiot, and you then *sharing* that he called you an idiot

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lay off and post tweets

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

oatgan posted:

lay off and post tweets

https://twitter.com/JaimsVanDerBeek/status/773542100721729536

Big Show looking all slim too

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

big show is really cool i want to play video games with him and vape the nights away

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Big Show looks like he'll be dead soon

get him back on TV before it's too late

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

The Vape Or Die lifestyle has improved his physique

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

We're halfway there.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Is the ryback the 3rd silhouette?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Big Show looks like Captain Spaulding

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

Is the ryback the 3rd silhouette?

Show, Kane, Ryback, Strauman

Anti-hoss prejudice is alive and well #pushkane

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Basic Chunnel posted:

Show, Kane, Ryback, Strauman

Anti-hoss prejudice is alive and well #pushkane

some people don't even like nikki bella, smh

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

The time off is doing wonders for him.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Goddammit Trent...
https://twitter.com/WithSpandex/status/773610047641362432

Some responded to that Big Show tweet with this:
https://twitter.com/BlueThunderAdam/status/773547206032912385

AMReese fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 7, 2016

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's kinda sad that whenever Big Show isn't on the road he immediately gets into better shape and obviously has far better control of his diet. Then he gets back to doing what he loves but can't maintain the same workout/diet that he can at home.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gently caress im

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/773644653367353345

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Sheltyb803/status/773691724996546560

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Sorry Shelton. The excitement for your return has been sapped by Curt Hawkins' Chuck Norris facts and the MOTHERFUCKIN' HEADBANGERS