Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's also in the "make some coffee while it charges up" archetype.

The range and stability are pretty good so you're gonna wreck someone if you hit but you're gonna die before that happens a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

xzzy posted:

Shotguns are mostly fine, snipers are mostly fine. The issue is that despite continually choking off the supply of special ammo people are still maining them and there's too many OHK encounters in the game.

Either cut the ammo in half or come up with some new mechanic to slow things down. Fewer crates per game, lose ammo on death, restrict your loadout to two available weapons.. something.

Or turn all specials into wet noodles so bad that no one ever uses them again!

No, just add more violent shake to snipers when ADS so it's like you're getting hit by old school Mida, and then add a slightly longer delay between when you can shoot a shotgun out of a slide or blink and make it slower to turn when holding a shotgun and they'll be much more situational.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Reduce all sniper rifle AA to 0

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

FishBulb posted:

Reduce all sniper rifle AA to 0

Do the same with all scout rifles, especially MIDA.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Snipers should be useful only when you've got the jump on people and should be unable to counter someone who is firing at you. Decreasing the body shot damage would also be good to prevent the quick switching after a body shot

Shotguns should be high risk and high reward where you shouldn't be able to just blink and slide around the map and rely on the melee combo to get your kill on them when you misjudge the distance. As it is it's too easy to sprint and slide around corners and instantly kill someone and if you didn't get him with the first shot you can easily mop it up and at least trade with a melee right after

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
How loving DARE you

But seriously no, don't nerf any primaries.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
And for fucks sake stop putting special weapons in the primary slot. I can't believe they don't understand why this is lovely.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Who cares it's a fusion rifle

All FRs need right now is an across the board buff to range to help with consistency and they'll be in a pretty good place, especially if shotguns and snipers get hit a bit in the next patch

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

And for fucks sake stop putting special weapons in the primary slot. I can't believe they don't understand why this is lovely.

NLB is fine because it has serious drawbacks, having the best shotgun in the game currently be a primary slot gun is lmao

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

deadwing posted:

All FRs need right now is an across the board buff to range to help with consistency and they'll be in a pretty good place, especially if shotguns and snipers get hit a bit in the next patch

They'll still be fusion rifles

They just want people to be able to play shotty/snipers.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
what if they adjusted their UI for private matches so if you do a shotty snipers mode it greyed out the primary slot and had two selectable secondary slots

also making it so there's no special ammo in trials to start was a good thing, they just forgot how icebreaker and invective + all other 335 gear still left you very competitive, and also forgot to fix the part where sidearms gave you ammo all the time and it transferred to next round.

in next trials revision, make it so nobody spawns with any special ammo ever and you lose all of it between rounds, or make it so the special boxes despawn once the round ends so the winning team can't rush the box and get an even larger advantage. Basically make it so if you want to use special you either get aggressive with primaries to stop them from waiting out the power weapons or you also wait and then have a duel. It would force teams to be more inclusive of primary weapon types that can cover long distances because they can't just do TLW and rely on sniper for longer range engagement.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

deadwing posted:

All FRs need right now is an across the board buff to range

http://i.imgur.com/4NNpE8R.gifv
Fusions seem like strategy and proximity are the name of the game but truly, controlling your shots is far more important. Push down when it wants to slide upward, they lasers.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

cvnvcnv posted:

Fusions seem like strategy and proximity are the name of the game but truly, controlling your shots is far more important. Push down when it wants to slide upward, they lasers.

That's a Rifled Barrel Ashraven's, aka one of (I believe) 3 y2 FRs that can break 50 range along with Panta Rhei and Plan C iirc, right? Pretty good evidence as to how they need an across the board range boost. Not a big one, like 15% would help a lot.

(buy the Panta Rhei from the crucible vendor, it's a hidden monster. Straight up recoil, hella range, kneepads make your slide last as long as the charge)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

cvnvcnv posted:

I might be wrong here but it looks like you only hit him with 4/7 of your 47 damage bolts and the dude in front winged him for some damage immediately prior.

Scoring seems to back this up, was 10,495 and then your kill (100), streak bonus (50) and the dude's assist points (50) take it to 10,695.

Not saying that's not a sick fusion snipe but you probably would have left that dude absolute in a straight 1v1. I say probably because maybe you would have had another bolt hit if the dude hadn't winged him. But maybe not as that stuff depends a ton on the server and connections.

(Is that an Ashravens with rifled? I know it's not the stock one as it's void but I'm curious. )

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
FR's are cool fun and good but they fall to poo poo the second a red bar hits the lobby hence FR's are forever bad because Destiny PvP.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

deadwing posted:

That's a Rifled Barrel Ashraven's
Braced Frame, actually! lol It's a dirty, shameful gun.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I might be wrong here but
You're not wrong. I moved not long ago to a place where the best internet money can buy is abject trash and I'm frankly used to my game being a coin toss. This was an unscreened selection from a handful of games yesterday and in lieu of a fifth damage marker, imagine you did see it because it's a shot I make a lot.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ashraven's is particularly juicy because it has comical inventory size. With special ammo capacity armor you can roll 28 rounds in crucible. Spray that poo poo everywhere.

It's not "the best" fusion rifle in terms of instant sniping fools across the map but it's close enough to make it a suitable choice.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

in next trials revision, make it so nobody spawns with any special ammo ever and you lose all of it between rounds, or make it so the special boxes despawn once the round ends so the winning team can't rush the box and get an even larger advantage. Basically make it so if you want to use special you either get aggressive with primaries to stop them from waiting out the power weapons or you also wait and then have a duel. It would force teams to be more inclusive of primary weapon types that can cover long distances because they can't just do TLW and rely on sniper for longer range engagement.

They should make it so that when you go flawless they email you a digital coupon to receive a free happy ending at your local massage parlor, because it sounds like you just want to get stroked, Ethan.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Buff all weapons i like/use

Nerf all weapons i don't like/don't use

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

deadwing posted:

That's a Rifled Barrel Ashraven's, aka one of (I believe) 3 y2 FRs that can break 50 range along with Panta Rhei and Plan C iirc, right? Pretty good evidence as to how they need an across the board range boost. Not a big one, like 15% would help a lot.

(buy the Panta Rhei from the crucible vendor, it's a hidden monster. Straight up recoil, hella range, kneepads make your slide last as long as the charge)

panty raid owns i have one with rifled and it shreds dudes

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

hitchensgoespop posted:

Seems fair to me

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

el B posted:

They should make it so that when you go flawless they email you a digital coupon to receive a free happy ending at your local massage parlor, because it sounds like you just want to get stroked, Ethan.

I mean I'm always down for a good stroking but when rasheeds mom is out of town I would like to play a trials game where people actually used their primary weapons as their primary weapon idk is that asking a lot??

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Trials should have no green ammo drops, and you start the game with a single magazine of special ammo. Better make that poo poo count boys.

While they're at it, remove the ammo regen on invective just to cut that clusterfuck off before it becomes a problem.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

I mean I'm always down for a good stroking but when rasheeds mom is out of town I would like to play a trials game where people actually used their primary weapons as their primary weapon idk is that asking a lot??

Are you one of those guys whose clan name is like "where's your primary" or do you really miss SWAT or what?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

xzzy posted:

Trials should have no green ammo drops, and you start the game with a single magazine of special ammo. Better make that poo poo count boys.

While they're at it, remove the ammo regen on invective just to cut that clusterfuck off before it becomes a problem.

Make Invective like Super Good Advice, 50% chance of regaining a bullet to the mag if you don't get a kill with it, kills pull a bullet out of reserve to the mag. Regenerating ammo has always been a pretty lame exotic perk on it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I honestly don't think who is a good player and who would win matches will change based on any changes to the meta so that means a few things:

We should analyze meta changes based on what's fun to play

We should analyze meta changes based on what's fun to play against and get beaten by.

Also i don't think the game can be balanced for high level competitive play while also being fun for the vast majority of players, there's a reason sweats have gravitated towards separate rulesets and I think that's good.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

FishBulb posted:

Are you one of those guys whose clan name is like "where's your primary" or do you really miss SWAT or what?

Bone Krew

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The original name was better. :colbert:

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

hitchensgoespop posted:

Idk if anyone is saying that but I 100% agree that it's stupid to nerf primary TTK into oblivion while still allowing for near-unlimited rounds of OHK special/secondary

If that makes me a cry baby bitch so be it!!!!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

xzzy posted:

The original name was better. :colbert:

I think Boner Buddies would be even better.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Double hitpoints in crucible, leave guns as they are. :v:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I've had this about a week now and am about to hit level 40.

The only PvE content I haven't touched yet is Raids. There's no matchmaking on these. Do people do them anymore? I'm a completionist so I definitely want to play through all the Raids, but looking through the last few pages of this thread it doesn't look like anybody ever organizes them.

I'm on Xbox One, which according to Reddit's Destiny Matchmaking page, represents about 5% of the Destiny population.

Also, will the early-expansion Raids like Vault of Glass and Kill Crota (or whatever its real name is) be a total cakewalk since the level cap used to be so much lower?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

Double hitpoints in crucible, leave guns as they are. :v:

I'm actually surprised there still isn't a juggernaut/VIP mode like Halo used to have.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Check out the op and join the bone clan and slack channel there's a lot going on right now and all the new and lapsed folks are coming back into the fold. Very active community, huge community.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I've had this about a week now and am about to hit level 40.

The only PvE content I haven't touched yet is Raids. There's no matchmaking on these. Do people do them anymore? I'm a completionist so I definitely want to play through all the Raids, but looking through the last few pages of this thread it doesn't look like anybody ever organizes them.

I'm on Xbox One, which according to Reddit's Destiny Matchmaking page, represents about 5% of the Destiny population.

Also, will the early-expansion Raids like Vault of Glass and Kill Crota (or whatever its real name is) be a total cakewalk since the level cap used to be so much lower?

Mostly a cakewalk yea, damage is capped based on their level relative to yours, so you can't just oneshot them. I think its about 20% more damage than a same-level encounter.

The servers thread is full of PS goons, so maybe try the100.io?

I'm not sure how bone krew organizes raids.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Check out the op and join the bone clan and slack channel there's a lot going on right now and all the new and lapsed folks are coming back into the fold. Very active community, huge community.

Done, done, and reading up on what Slack is and then I'll do that too. Super glad to hear there's an active community.

It's weird getting into this game in late 2016. The whole setting of "decaying ruins of a once great civilization" seems extra appropriate.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Done, done, and reading up on what Slack is and then I'll do that too. Super glad to hear there's an active community.

It's weird getting into this game in late 2016. The whole setting of "decaying ruins of a once great civilization" seems extra appropriate.

* lurking from the back of the room*

He, some of us are waiting for the right moment to come back to the game. I have the expansion preordered and everything. I also know other people that is going to make a small comeback.

* goes back to lurking *

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
"You got your private matches now stop bothering us." - Bungie on PvP balance, October 2016.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
I like how we are all assuming that the private matchmaking will actually work at launch

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

sunday at work posted:

"You got your private matches now stop bothering us." - Bungie on PvP balance, October 2016.

Pretty much though I mean it does give them an excuse to be like "now we can focus on the REAL Destiny experience"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

FishBulb posted:

Pretty much though I mean it does give them an excuse to be like "now we can focus on the REAL Destiny experience"

Available only on the PS4 Pro

• Locked thread