Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Veritek83 posted:

I haven't played on Yahoo in at least 4 years, but I seem to remember some discussion about this earlier this year and someone saying that Yahoo didn't count defensive TDs against the opposing D/ST.

My mistake, yeah they're right. I think we bitched about it in 2013 and then they fixed it the next year? Maybe. Last year the only Yahoo league I was in, was the all-IDP league.

IDP is superior anyway, everyone should do that and then this won't matter. Also if this is your only beef with ESPN, don't go to Yahoo, because Yahoo's interface is infuriating to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

winvirus posted:

today in my twelve man league, the 11th pick chose aaron rodgers round one, and matthew stafford round two. this is a one qb league.

god bless fantasy football

e: cam newton also went in the first, and denvers defense was drafted in the fourth round

I can top this. In my 16 person league Tyrod Taylor was taken in the 1st round and Seattles Defense was taken in the 2nd round by the same guy because he forgot to set those two as his keepers.

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!
Thomas Rawls #2 on depth chart

What is love

Baby don't hurt me?

Christine Michael?

No more.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Just ended up going way too RB heavy in the draft I just did. 10 teams 1 ppr

QB: Tyrod Taylor
WR: AJ Green, Jordy Nelson, Golden Tate, Donte Moncrief, Vincent Jackson
RB: Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles, Danny Woodhead, Gio Bernard, Arian Foster, Spencer Ware, Christine Michael
TE: Gary Barnidge

Posting because I need to drop a dude for a kicker - I feel like CMike is more likely to be a long-term value (I know, I know), but can I afford to ditch Ware after taking Charles so high? Or should I just stop chasing the ghost of The Year Christine Michael Puts It All Together

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Boof Bonser posted:

Thomas Rawls #2 on depth chart

What is love

Baby don't hurt me?

Christine Michael?

No more.

Why are they doing this? Did last year not happen?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

xbilkis posted:

Just ended up going way too RB heavy in the draft I just did. 10 teams 1 ppr

QB: Tyrod Taylor
WR: AJ Green, Jordy Nelson, Golden Tate, Donte Moncrief, Vincent Jackson
RB: Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles, Danny Woodhead, Gio Bernard, Arian Foster, Spencer Ware, Christine Michael
TE: Gary Barnidge

Posting because I need to drop a dude for a kicker - I feel like CMike is more likely to be a long-term value (I know, I know), but can I afford to ditch Ware after taking Charles so high? Or should I just stop chasing the ghost of The Year Christine Michael Puts It All Together

Do you feel like you need Wares production for the first few weeks of the season? If not then he is droppable.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'd drop woodhead. They're down on him and he's not the starter from what I've seen.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Woodhead is ahead of Christine Michael for PPR, right? Maybe even Ware for the beginning of the season. Speaking of Ware, does Charles not starting mean that he's not playing at all?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RBX posted:

I'd drop woodhead. They're down on him and he's not the starter from what I've seen.

This is bad advice here, do not drop Woodhead, especially in a full PPR league.

By all means he wasn't the starter last year either and he still ended up as the overall RB#3 only behind Freeman and AP in full ppr.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Johnson is a steal, yes, but did you mean to type another name besides Ryan? He's not particularly valuable, even as a backup.

My 2nd QB is Dak Prescott with a starting Derek Carr so....

VietCampo posted:

This is bad advice here, do not drop Woodhead, especially in a full PPR league.

Also this. In a full PPR league Woodhead will probably finish as a RB1.

He finished RB 3 overall last year in PPR scoring.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

bows1 posted:

Im drafting for my GF 20 team league. poo poo gets dark quick. Who are these players?

A league in which Charles Sims is a prince, and not a pauper.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Woodhead is ahead of Christine Michael for PPR, right? Maybe even Ware for the beginning of the season. Speaking of Ware, does Charles not starting mean that he's not playing at all?

By a mile, yes.

Charles will play, he's been medically cleared for weeks.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

OxySnake posted:

Also this. In a full PPR league Woodhead will probably finish as a RB1.

He finished RB 3 overall last year in PPR scoring.
Woodhead's overall numbers last year are deceiving. He saw major usage in the beginning of the year but in the second half, the Chargers really started to invest in Melvin Gordon as THE back in their offense and Woodhead's usage dipped heavily. Not like Gordon was great but they really wanted to get him going to and fed him as a result. Woodhead became a fairly risky play until Gordon injured himself and Woodhead popped off for his best game of the year but then I sure wasn't starting him at that point.

Now we've got Gordon looking significantly improved in the preseason, even popping off some long touchdown runs. Wouldn't be surprised to see the touch distribution favor him again and him doing more with it than last year. I'm a lot iffier on Woodhead cause then his value is largely tied to his red zone usage and I don't feel nearly as good about how many targets he'll see there as this same time last year.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Sep 7, 2016

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Papes posted:

By a mile, yes.

Charles will play, he's been medically cleared for weeks.

Andy Reid said this weekend it would be a stretch to say Charles will play.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
I had talked myself into drafting Rawls as a contingency 3rd round RB if there was a run on RBs, but Mark Ingram somehow fell to me. I still believe Rawls will become the man in Seattle, but I'm very happy I avoided this situation now.

Still hard for me to believe that Michael will actually prove to be a legit threat to Rawls. He's been hyped for years and has been unable to even get snaps on multiple teams now. Rawls was amazing last year and he looked fine this preseason.

Cigar Aficionado fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 7, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
For those of you who believe in the Chip Kelly Slot Receiver Theory, it's Jeremy Kerley.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
People overreacting to Pete Carroll's depth charts without realizing they're meaningless and Rawls is probably just still injured.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Especially happy with how this article turned out
- Incorporated a lot of well-argued points made in this very thread (Thanks!)
- Related fantasy football to, like, the universe and stuff, man
- Felt the copy was as solid as when I used to write for Cracked

15 Fantasy Predictions Everyone Is Making (That Are Totally Wrong)
http://sportsfascination.com/2016/09/06/15-fantasy-predictions-everyone-making-totally-wrong-onepage/

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That's really good stuff and exactly the type of thing I like to see.

Only quick edit: you accidentally called Kevin White a RB and accidentally called Chip Kelly's offense "high octance" and you're WRONG AS HELL ABOUT SHARPE. TAJAE 2016

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Woodhead also lost his OC to pile on the regression train.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
I have a strategy/philosophy question for you guys.

I'm in an IDP league and I'm considering rostering an additional four players at the skill positions through the first week of the season, even if it means not filling a starting lineup week one. It feels like having those additional four players on my bench means that I have four more lottery tickets that I don't have to lose out to in free agency and I can field a stronger team from week two onward.

Of course, intentionally shorting myself around 20 points to start the season seems stupid but I'm trying to think long term here.

Does anyone pull this strategy off with any degree of success?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

you're WRONG AS HELL ABOUT SHARPE. TAJAE 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

wattershed posted:

I'm in an IDP league and I'm considering rostering an additional four players at the skill positions through the first week of the season, even if it means not filling a starting lineup week one. It feels like having those additional four players on my bench means that I have four more lottery tickets that I don't have to lose out to in free agency and I can field a stronger team from week two onward.

Of course, intentionally shorting myself around 20 points to start the season seems stupid but I'm trying to think long term here.

You probably won't know if those lottery tickets pay out by the end of week 1, meaning now you'll be wondering whether you can cut them and totally lose out on your million dollar lotto ticket by losing faith a week early, so maybe might as well leave those IDP slots empty another week, then you might as well stop setting your lineup and just give up for the year. Give us the top lotto tickets you're looking at, first, and second, don't do this strategy, just stash who you can fit but fill out your starters.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Drunk Nerds posted:

http://sportsfascination.com/2016/09/06/15-fantasy-predictions-everyone-making-totally-wrong-onepage/

That sure is a spicy Foster take that I 100% agree with

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

I'm in a dumb 8 man league and ended up with a ton of WRs. Really just hoping to nab a back through FA during the season, but I'm thinking about seeing if the Bell owner would give him up.

My WRs:

Brown, Hopkins, Cooper, Watkins, Maclin

His RBs:

Zeke, Bell, Hyde, Miller, Abdullah

His WRs:

Edelman, Hurns, Wheaton, Moncrief

I've got Alfred Morris. Do I try and package him and Hopkins or Cooper for Bell and see if he'll go for it? If he did, I'd have the Steeler triplets.

Edit: poo poo I'm playing him this week, I might have to wait a week and let him feel the pain of having no receivers while I pray Spencer Ware has a good day.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Sep 7, 2016

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

RVProfootballer posted:

You probably won't know if those lottery tickets pay out by the end of week 1, meaning now you'll be wondering whether you can cut them and totally lose out on your million dollar lotto ticket by losing faith a week early, so maybe might as well leave those IDP slots empty another week, then you might as well stop setting your lineup and just give up for the year. Give us the top lotto tickets you're looking at, first, and second, don't do this strategy, just stash who you can fit but fill out your starters.

I might as well burn my house down and live in a storm drain while I'm at it then, huh?

Here's MAH BENCH:

Bernard/Shepard/J Gordon/Em. Sanders/Henry/Funchess/T Coleman/Stafford/Cook/Sharpe/De. Washington/Fuller

12-team, if I were to fill my starting lineup I'd need to drop 4.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Fuller, Coleman, and Cook are all pretty easy drops and not worth keeping at the expense of setting a full lineup. Stafford might be a cut depending on who you're starting at QB (Rodgers/Wilson/Cam/probably Luck don't really need backups)

I'd also try to see if there's someone in your league that still believes in any Bronco that isn't DT and try to flip Sanders+someone else for an upgrade before you go cutting people

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Sep 7, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Henry, Coleman, Washington and Fuller likely won't give you any more clarity after one week. Not saying to drop them but there's a hole in your plan.

Actually I am saying drop Fuller. Forget anything else, do you want Brock Osweiler's #2 receiver

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

wattershed posted:

I might as well burn my house down and live in a storm drain while I'm at it then, huh?

Here's MAH BENCH:

Bernard/Shepard/J Gordon/Em. Sanders/Henry/Funchess/T Coleman/Stafford/Cook/Sharpe/De. Washington/Fuller

12-team, if I were to fill my starting lineup I'd need to drop 4.

Just to give one more opinion, I'd easily cut Fuller, Cook, Sharpe, and Coleman, in that order. Despite the Sharpe love here, I think the odds of him doing anything for you is very small when your bench has Gordon, Sanders, Shepard, and Funchess. If your QB1 is great and/or the wire has a few decent options, drop Stafford and hold your favorite of Sharpe or Coleman. I wouldn't cut Henry because he might have flex value even with no injury to Murray and should be a monster if anything happens to Murray. Also Washington is ok to cut if you really like Sharpe or Coleman more than him, but he's another with potential stand alone flex value if he really grabs hold of a 3rd down role plus occasional mixing in on earlier downs.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

wattershed posted:

Thinking long-term, you'll be kicking yourself pretty hard if you miss the playoffs by one game.

Don't punt weeks, for any reason.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

To get my Lunardi on, I've been leaning Coleman, Cook, Washington, Fuller as the first four out. Bort's qb1 so I like the insurance of Stafford, and I have Olsen which makes Cook expendable.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

John Brown or Larry Fitz? Should I flip a coin?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

RBX posted:

John Brown or Larry Fitz? Should I flip a coin?

Fitz > John "headaches after a preseason concussion" Brown

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

This is a cool and good article, with extra points given for a single page option.

My UMass heritage requires that I love Mr Tajae Sharp unconditionally, why must you make my heart hurt? My brain knows you're right though. He's a good talent in a bad situation, and way over hyped. I'm still gonna reach for him though, because fantasy is a game of the heart, and the heart wants what the heart wants. Also because I'm bad at fantasy football.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Currently feeling: proud Dad-ish

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Speaking of Sharpe, I'm holding him and Devante Parker but thinking about making a move because there seem to be some egregiously undervalued players left on the wire. Would you guys drop Lord Sharpe or Parker for one of these dudes:

Markus Wheaton
Mike Wallace
Kenny Stills
Pierre Garcon
Deandre Washington
Alfred Morris
Tevin Coleman

I'm thinking about holding Parker to see what he does once he actually gets on the field, but dropping Sharpe for Wheaton or Wallace. I've got a hunch that both of those dudes will be solid this year. That being said, I'm relatively strong at WR (Julio, K. Allen, Edelman are my other three) and I feel kind of weak at RB (Gurley, Ware, Gore, Abdullah) so maybe a lottery ticket like Washington is the right play?

E: Rishard Matthews, Jamison Crowder and Theo Riddick are also hanging out on waivers.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 7, 2016

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Mikey Purp posted:

Speaking of Sharpe, I'm holding him and Devante Parker but thinking about making a move because there seem to be some egregiously undervalued players left on the wire. Would you guys drop Lord Sharpe or Parker for one of these dudes:

Markus Wheaton
Mike Wallace
Kenny Stills
Pierre Garcon
Deandre Washington
Alfred Morris
Tevin Coleman

I'm thinking about holding Parker to see what he does once he actually gets on the field, but dropping Sharpe for Wheaton or Wallace. I've got a hunch that both of those dudes will be solid this year. That being said, I'm relatively strong at WR (Julio, K. Allen, Edelman are my other three) and I feel kind of weak at RB (Gurley, Ware, Gore, Abdullah) so maybe a lottery ticket like Washington is the right play?

Yes
No
Yes
Maybe
Maybe
No
Maybe

Maybe I'm low on Wallace, but I don't really expect much there. Garcon only if you need some sort of regular but unspectacular WR production. Stills seems to me to have the role locked down in Miami at the moment. Washington and Coleman both strike me as handcuffs that'll probably have some more regular playtime. Barring injury I'm not sure either will be a regular producer, but both I could see having value. Morris seems like a TD vulture at best unless Zeke gets hurt.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Remember Torrey Smith on the Ravens? That's Mike Wallace on the Ravens. If that much, more likely a poor man's version of Smith. Do you want to roster a guy who will boom/bust his way to WR35?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I picked up Wallace. I'm hopefully not relying on him but I think he's going to be motivated in his old division.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Spoeank posted:

Remember Torrey Smith on the Ravens? That's Mike Wallace on the Ravens. If that much, more likely a poor man's version of Smith. Do you want to roster a guy who will boom/bust his way to WR35?

I don't disagree and maybe I'm misremembering but Mike Wallace used to be a much better one trick pony than Torrey. He could be pretty good

• Locked thread