Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

fart blood posted:

NYTimes "Who Will Be President" article has Clinton down to an 85% chance of winning.
Fivethirtyeight's Polls Only Cast has Trump up to 32%.

:derp: :derp: :derp:

PEC's numbers are down, too:

Clinton Nov. win probability: random drift 87%, Bayesian 92%

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
"RETURN FROM WHENCE YOU CAME"

"jesus governor walker the sink toilet and tub are already clogged with fish guts, please stop"

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Florida has 7.2 million households of which 2.6 million are on septic. The majority of septic systems are more than 20 years old and do not properly protect groundwater from contamination. Those same houses likely have well water.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

"You all sure do stock some mighty fine candies in your waterin' closets here."

"Mr. Governor, that's toothpaste, please stop eating it."

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

turnip kid posted:

Sam Wang

I don't actually know what any of this means TBH. What the heck is a meta margin

It basically means don't :derp: because the race has been incredibly stable.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

turnip kid posted:

Sam Wang

I don't actually know what any of this means TBH. What the heck is a meta margin

The Popular Meta-Margin works like the more familiar margin between two candidates. It is defined the amount of opinion swing that is needed to bring the Median Electoral Vote Estimator to a tie. It helps you think about how far ahead one candidate really is. For example, if you think support for your candidate is understated by 1%, this can overcome an unfavorable Meta-Margin of less than 1%. If you think that between now and Election Day, 1% of voters will switch from the other candidate to yours, this is a swing of 2% and can compensate for a Meta-Margin of 2%. The Meta-Margin has a useful precision of approximately a tenth of a percentage point.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

thrawn527 posted:

It will be. We elected Rick Scott twice. We're the worst.

Elected Rick Scott twice, ran Alex Sink god knows how many times, thought Charlie Crist was serious, haven't repealed the FCAT yet, cancelled the rail project connecting the cheap airport (PIE) to the Orlando theme parks most of its passengers are there to visit, outlawed discussion (let alone study) of sea level rise and AGW in state business while Miami is literally flooding daily and salt water is contaminating the aquifer, etc.

I mean yeah FL is the worst but "elected Rick Scott twice" is like saying it was just a bad case of pneumonia that killed Freddy Mercury.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

DrPlump posted:

Florida has 7.2 million households of which 2.6 million are on septic. The majority of septic systems are more than 20 years old and do not properly protect groundwater from contamination. Those same houses likely have well water.

So when you said "Everyone has a septic tank" and that FL has no sewer system, you meant roughly that it was true for roughly 1/3 of the state. Okay.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

DrPlump posted:

DrPlump posted:

Florida still does not have a sewer system. Everyone has a septic tank and well water. Now they are fracking the water.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

FAUXTON posted:

Elected Rick Scott twice, ran Alex Sink god knows how many times, thought Charlie Crist was serious, haven't repealed the FCAT yet, cancelled the rail project connecting the cheap airport (PIE) to the Orlando theme parks most of its passengers are there to visit, outlawed discussion (let alone study) of sea level rise and AGW in state business while Miami is literally flooding daily and salt water is contaminating the aquifer, etc.

I mean yeah FL is the worst but "elected Rick Scott twice" is like saying it was just a bad case of pneumonia that killed Freddy Mercury.

I was referring to our terrible performances at voting out bad politicians, and our generally terrible Democrats we get to run. But yeah, that stuff too.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

paranoid randroid posted:

The Popular Meta-Margin works like the more familiar margin between two candidates. It is defined the amount of opinion swing that is needed to bring the Median Electoral Vote Estimator to a tie. It helps you think about how far ahead one candidate really is. For example, if you think support for your candidate is understated by 1%, this can overcome an unfavorable Meta-Margin of less than 1%. If you think that between now and Election Day, 1% of voters will switch from the other candidate to yours, this is a swing of 2% and can compensate for a Meta-Margin of 2%. The Meta-Margin has a useful precision of approximately a tenth of a percentage point.

woah flashback to that stats class i had with the professor what looked exactly like mahmoud ahmadinejad

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Al! posted:

"RETURN FROM WHENCE YOU CAME"

"jesus governor walker the sink toilet and tub are already clogged with fish guts, please stop"

Wisconsin's got it bad, but it isn't Florida :stare:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Weeping Wound posted:

Wisconsin's got it bad, but it isn't Florida :stare:

Florida isn't even Florida anymore, Kansas is the new Florida.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

shiksa posted:

woah flashback to that stats class i had with the professor what looked exactly like mahmoud ahmadinejad

Which was the guy who was in all the papers looking totally disheveled?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Al! posted:

daycrew: full blown panic over poll swings

nightcrew:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Florida is Dagobah now

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
last time i was in florida i found myself in a mega-walmart or whatever those things are called, and i was confused why there was dog food bags in the snack food section

when i looked closely this massive bag of dog food was instead a massive bag of cheeto balls. i haven't been back since

this was my florida story

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

Basically, every state with a hardline GOP governor is in a race to the bottom right now

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

WampaLord posted:

How many days has it been since a face has been eaten in florida? Less than 30???!!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i was also told that in florida it's legal to text and drive

how suicidal are you fuckers down there

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

gross

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

logikv9 posted:

anything to leave florida, i guess

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

logikv9 posted:

It is not. It is, however, a secondary offense.

But very. :smithicide:

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

day crew be like

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

turnip kid posted:

Sam Wang

It's her % lead over Trump based on the aggregate of all polls and data. What he's saying is that despite there being some narrowing over the last few weeks, it's still within the margin we've seen the whole cycle, which means it's not really all that much different. Basically the tightening of the race has gone from giving her hilarious margins, to margins more similar to 2012.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Who wants some Emerson polls of the NE?

There's one awesome one.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
20 days. Its been 20 days since a face has been eaten in florida. Florida is still Florida

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

thrawn527 posted:

I was referring to our terrible performances at voting out bad politicians, and our generally terrible Democrats we get to run. But yeah, that stuff too.

Well most of that poo poo is part of the FL Dems' terrible performance. Chiles wasn't great but at least he didn't think prisons were great sources of slave labor and that the best way to improve state academic performance was to just make a new test. No idea whether he would have been down with the sunrail or whatever but I bet if someone told him it would cut road maintenance costs while increasing tourism he'd have walked all over the state hawking it to everyone who would listen.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/EmersonPolling/status/773542618940645377

Guys I think RI is in play :ohdear:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

logikv9 posted:

last time i was in florida i found myself in a mega-walmart or whatever those things are called, and i was confused why there was dog food bags in the snack food section

when i looked closely this massive bag of dog food was instead a massive bag of cheeto balls. i haven't been back since

this was my florida story

drat, the bag has lasted you this long?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

9 more days without MIGF :smith:

could've been 4000+ days but here we are

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Al! posted:

20 days. Its been 20 days since a face has been eaten in florida. Florida is still Florida

We didn't almost have our schools close down due to a lack of money, though.

Kansas is the new Florida.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Rhode Island is closer than NH or Maine!

https://twitter.com/EmersonPolling/status/773540145676980224

https://twitter.com/EmersonPolling/status/773538886932848643

I want to see a Trump rally in Providence.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Weeping Wound posted:

9 more days without MIGF :smith:

could've been 4000+ days but here we are

yeah but what about the poster?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Someone make a picture of Ivana Trump running down Trump on a ski-slope like loving LePew to yell at him about Marla

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thrawn527 posted:

So when you said "Everyone has a septic tank" and that FL has no sewer system, you meant roughly that it was true for roughly 1/3 of the state. Okay.

There is like 5 cities where civilized peoples live that have limited sewer coverage. The rest of the state is hill folk drinking their own jenkum.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Louisgod posted:

yeah but what about the poster?

post about Illinois lacking a budget for nearly two years now and watch him get another month's probation over it

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Emerson is an aggressively poo poo landline robodialer pollster. You should not take them seriously, but I really want Trump to go to Rhode Island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

and there is an insanely deceptive state amendment on the ballot this election that only passed 4-3 in the supreme Court after being challenged for having misleading language. it will probably pass because "Solar Choice" sounds nice and good, even though it represents a stifling of solar development by utility companies. the same utility companies that Rick Scott is best friends with

gently caress the state of florida

• Locked thread