Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

why are his clothes still on after that super?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm p sure that was just a mod someone did where his clothes would explode after the super because his clothes were still there in the story mode stuff. Also why is Crazy Chili Dog a final boss theme, he's not a final boss character.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also this isn't a complaint, but the Japanese voice being what starts the trailer and having his english voice in the actual gameplay is like a weird mirror of how all of these trailers have been done.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Baal posted:

I'm p sure that was just a mod someone did where his clothes would explode after the super because his clothes were still there in the story mode stuff. Also why is Crazy Chili Dog a final boss theme, he's not a final boss character.

They wanna sell you that sweet sweet diaper costume.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I'm the SNES soundtrack playing in the background.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Jack Trades posted:

Capcom are consistent in the quality of their decisions.

Also, obligatory -
<-

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

"epic orchestral" themes are a disease

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Please do not use mods to play Urien, or play story mode and form opinions on Urien or criticize Urien because he is not complete OK thank you.

*2 months later character gets revealed with literally no differences*

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Im gonna buy him because everyone else sucks and im tired of sitting on fm but where da nudes, urien?

Sushi Face
Oct 11, 2006

Tastes like funk
Heard people who used mods to complete survival (1 round, 1 hit, infinite hp etc) got all their fm taken away?

Logged in for the first time in actual months and I still have 800,000+fm.

Capcom and game are bad.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Please do not use mods to play Urien, or play story mode and form opinions on Urien or criticize Urien because he is not complete OK thank you.

*2 months later character gets revealed with literally no differences*

nah i bet they took away that one good hitbox he maybe had

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I hope they nerfed the Secret Shimmy

Ophiotaurus
Aug 3, 2014

Sushi Face posted:

Heard people who used mods to complete survival (1 round, 1 hit, infinite hp etc) got all their fm taken away?

Logged in for the first time in actual months and I still have 800,000+fm.

Capcom and game are bad.

I don't know if they attempted to take all your fight money, or just an estimate of what you would have gotten from using the mod. I still have like 156k. It was over a million at one point, but I had spent several hundred thousand buying stages, outfits, colors, and titles, and having already bought the season pass, I didn't really have much use for it anymore, even if they have taken any money from me. To my knowledge, nothing I bought with FM was available for real cash, but they didn't remove any of the purchased content anyway.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's still insane to me that this game makes you buy loving stages

Ophiotaurus
Aug 3, 2014
What was really insane is that Capcom didn't, by default, give you colors upon purchase for outfits that you paid $4 for. People had to complain for months before Capcom finally decided, "Yeah okay, premium costumes come with the colors now." But also yes, buying stages is crazy, especially when they cost 40k Fight Money. It doesn't look like you can buy any of the FM ones with real cash either, so it puzzles me as to what the point of having such a steep grind is.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Flinger posted:

"epic orchestral" themes are a disease

they're fine but definitely not in this context lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Infiltration calling sfv a guessing game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1UVMsy38Lk

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

because this is its true home

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

dangerdoom volvo posted:

nah i bet they took away that one good hitbox he maybe had

Some people are speculating that the crouching medium kick can't be canceled anymore since it's never shown in the trailer. Could easily be wrong though.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I have 77 hours in this game and suck.

0 points from playing online and can't beat the computer in survival on hard.

Altared State fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 10, 2016

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Golem II posted:

I have 77 hours in this game and suck.

0 points from playing online and can't beat the computer in survival on hard.

lol stop playing the computer

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Zand posted:

lol stop playing

type

E-ha new word filter

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Got my 24 hour ban for Alt+F4-ing out of the Training stage.
Great job Capcom.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I was thinking of booting up the game to see if they took away my FM because I wanted more colors, but really what's the point. Count me among those who really wanted to love the game but ended up bitter and disappointed. Every modern fighting game has some aspect to it that I cannot stand, maybe I should just play super turbo with the other 15 people that feel the same way.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dracula Factory posted:

I was thinking of booting up the game to see if they took away my FM because I wanted more colors, but really what's the point. Count me among those who really wanted to love the game but ended up bitter and disappointed.

Welcome to the club.
:(:hf::(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i still play a fair bit cause i like to cycle through games to keep it fresh but every other game i have except injustice is better

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

i still play a fair bit cause i like to cycle through games to keep it fresh but every other game i have except injustice is better

MKX is a pile of garbage, especially on PC. I'm actually gonna give SFV the generous title of Second Worst PC Fighter.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

MKX is a pile of garbage, especially on PC. I'm actually gonna give SFV the generous title of Second Worst PC Fighter.

Rise of the Robots was released on PC.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

Rise of the Robots was released on PC.

Still more entertaining than SFV, even if for the wrong reasons.

Also look at 'dem titties

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
It's still my benchmark for worst fighting game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/Ukx75E3.mp4
Grabbing jabs on block all day.
SFV.avi

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I thought about launching SFV today, but wanted to check the fourms to see if Urien was out or if the game had improved.
Thanks Jack Trades, the desire has faded.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

http://i.imgur.com/Ukx75E3.mp4
Grabbing jabs on block all day.
SFV.avi

This is obviously just rollback.

You don't have to make poo poo up or be willfully dense to poo poo on this game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

can't wait to hear their amazing capcom ideas for next year after cpt ends

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Here's an example of thing to poo poo on SF5/Capcom for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVmjdm8tQeM

The third hit of Karin's CA is just completely invincible while active. The rest of the CA outside of the startup and first few active frames are not invincible, it just suddenly becomes 100% invincible during the third hit, presumably because a trade happening on a hit that causes an animation would lead to some kind of bug and they can't be bothered to fix it so just make it an impossible scenario altogether, consistent game mechanics and logic be damned.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That doesn't seem that crazy

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Here's an example of thing to poo poo on SF5/Capcom for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVmjdm8tQeM

The third hit of Karin's CA is just completely invincible while active. The rest of the CA outside of the startup and first few active frames are not invincible, it just suddenly becomes 100% invincible during the third hit, presumably because a trade happening on a hit that causes an animation would lead to some kind of bug and they can't be bothered to fix it so just make it an impossible scenario altogether, consistent game mechanics and logic be damned.

https://twitter.com/TOOLASSlSTED/status/772493805371129857

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

That's just lag, you don't see Birdie sucking in his gut. You see, he's been starving himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

In Training posted:

That doesn't seem that crazy

There's no real reason for it other than to avoid a bug that's been in a ton of fighting games and doesn't really matter, and should just be fixed instead of doing weird workarounds that aren't consistent with how the game in general works and have an actual effect that people notice.

It doesn't make a huge difference either way but it's lazy and hacky and overall less interesting than the alternative.