Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The Speedwagon dating sim is the only JoJo fangame that needs to exist, all others are just chasing the dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Moltrey posted:

The Speedwagon dating sim is the only JoJo fangame that needs to exist, all others are just chasing the dragon

go on...

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Ain't much more to say, my man. You tell me

http://philome.la/Coleo_Kin/date-speedwagon/play

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Somebody on Tumblr claims to be working on one but they were soliciting for a variety of writers recently which kinda set off alarm bells (if the very idea of a serious JoJo otome doesn't already, which it should), largely because they're likely just using a ren'py engine or whatever and if they're not writing it themselves, I can't imagine the talent pool you net with "hey, come write my game story and dialogue for me, for free" is all that spectacular

Josuke is going to write a game called "Marry Me, Yoshikage" in which various hands compete for the hand of Kira

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Breaking NDA is bad!!!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Seriously though, trusting tumblr to write anything about JoJo and having it resemble the actual characters personalities is amongst the dumbest things on earth and if you're playing a dating sim based on an existing franchise, what's the point in dating "Jotaro Kujo" the dainty gently caress toy?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

what's the point in dating "Jotaro Kujo" the dainty gently caress toy?

Answered your own question

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

you can date all the dainty gently caress toys you want but they wouldn't be jotaro

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm expecting that 7th stand user fan sequel by tumblr to be a mess if it ever gets finished (which I doubt it will, which is probably for the best)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't keep up with it but what I saw of the stands they'd made, I wasn't especially into it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I feel like they're doing that thing a lot of projects do where they're gonna try to do way too much.

Feature creep and all that.

IIRC they've revealed all of the stands so far. If anybody wants to take a look, here you go.

http://7su2.tumblr.com/tagged/Stand-Feature

Surprisingly enough, the art is pretty good

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A lot of them are very over designed and the best ones are the ones more S+W like, such as #15 or #10.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I feel like a lot of these would work better in like a pen & paper play by post board game rp thing

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i tried getting the "betray the Joestars then betray DIO" ending in 7th Stand User several times but i swear DIO's stats in that fight are way jacked up, it's hosed up

especially because it takes forever to get to that fight because of RPGMaker cutscene business

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Even The Seventh Stand User is pretty grindy and a tad obtuse

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Moltrey posted:

Even The Seventh Stand User is pretty grindy and a tad obtuse

yeah it tried to be old-school difficult and there's a reason you don't see that kinda thing anymore in modern video games

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah, like I like the concept of it but I wouldn't call 7SU really all that....fun....

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The worst part is that they tried to stay too faithful to the original manga. Trying to stuff every single line of dialogue from Stardust Crusaders into the game was a bad idea, every scene just drags on forever and ever because you don't have the art and design of the manga to make it interesting, just tiny pixel men who maybe jump from one square to the next sometimes.

a cartoon duck fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 7, 2016

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

its good for a fan game but i'll be honest that isn't a high bar to pass

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Oh drat, and I forgot the intro video they did for it, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5niq28GWmM

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Butt Ox posted:

I feel a strong need to make a Jojo WarioWare, with each level category being based on a different part.

I just need to actually make an effort in learning to make games

I'm doing that and/an adventure game about the elections. I can morph the engine to a JoJo game when I'm done.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

you can date all the dainty gently caress toys you want but they wouldn't be jotaro

Diego Braaaaaando

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat

a cartoon duck posted:

i tried getting the "betray the Joestars then betray DIO" ending in 7th Stand User several times but i swear DIO's stats in that fight are way jacked up, it's hosed up

especially because it takes forever to get to that fight because of RPGMaker cutscene business

They are jacked up, in that fight DIO's got near-maximum stats.

It's why the grenade trick is there so you can cheese it.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Gotta love grenade trick. On the rough and tumble streets we had to use our guts and wits to get by: My favorite move was rigging several primed grenades on someone's jacket just in case they were some immortal freak.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Diego Braaaaaando
johnny joestar

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

what's the point in dating "Jotaro Kujo" the dainty gently caress toy?
the worst part about this sentence is that the quiet dude who calls you a bitch and ignores you all the time before you inexplicably get together in the last five minutes of text is absolutely a character in every otome game so there is no excuse to not have a proper jotaro

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jotaro would be an elite level tsundere. He should use Star Platinum The World to get out of situations where he would have to be caring and then punch something.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Heavy Sigh posted:

They are jacked up, in that fight DIO's got near-maximum stats.

It's why the grenade trick is there so you can cheese it.

even with the grande trick and post-creator room fuckery that version of DIO still fucks me up once he starts moving

like he just gets a million turns and each one takes out 90% of your health it's bullshit

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

remember that time an enemy stand almost made Jolyne shat herself and she had to defeat the stand user before making GBS threads herself?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Johnny Joestar posted:

if a vampire's head can hijack a body then i have a feeling that it's gonna end up being at least partway dio's whole scene down there as well

What? How? Are you suggesting his pubes have donuts just like Giornos hair

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Moltrey posted:

Yeah, like I like the concept of it but I wouldn't call 7SU really all that....fun....

I found it more fun when I maxed out my level and money and just rolled with it. :v:

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Meme Emulator posted:

What? How? Are you suggesting his pubes have donuts just like Giornos hair

Should we really doubt that JoJo vampires can probably also try to make body parts from other people acclimate and match to them if needed by whatever the hell else vampire powers can do? Hell, we've seen DIO heal a birth defect in a Stone Ocean flashback too, so why not make his new body match up with him?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lol if you think DIO's respect for Jonathan above all other humans would let him alter Jonathan's body and/or dick zone

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Moltrey posted:

lol if you think DIO's respect for Jonathan above all other humans would let him alter Jonathan's body and/or dick zone

He did give him that nasty cig burn

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Do you ever enter into conversations that you, like, publicly really want to disavow and ridicule but, like, privately want to encourage without having to out yourself

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yes

also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rBwPpFFBPs

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
That thumbnail tho

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they're absolutely pulling out all the stops on the past couple episodes in terms of animation. definitely feel this one is going to fully finish off sheer heart attack

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the finger bang is one of my favorite jojo panel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
so what does the preview say