Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Sent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
Can I get an invite to a goon town/city/village?

greener#28222

Thanks.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Garcin posted:

Can I get an invite to a goon town/city/village?

greener#28222

Thanks.

Sent to Boatmurdered!

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I got the urge to play this again. Can I get an invite to a city? I removed myself before quitting last time, and I will do it again, promise!

cryptosa#85696

Kino
Aug 2, 2003

cryptoclastic posted:

I got the urge to play this again. Can I get an invite to a city? I removed myself before quitting last time, and I will do it again, promise!

cryptosa#85696

Sent you an invite to MURDERVILLE

Carl Weathers
Sep 12, 2012
Looking to start playing again, I was in Xtanstic but got removed.

danny#26063

milward
Nov 5, 2009

How full are the other Goon cities? Topaz city had 10 or 11 active last city raid (down from 13 the 2 weeks before) so if it looks similar in the other maybe we should consolidate our forces?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

milward posted:

How full are the other Goon cities? Topaz city had 10 or 11 active last city raid (down from 13 the 2 weeks before) so if it looks similar in the other maybe we should consolidate our forces?

Boatmurdered has about 17 active at the moment. A few of those may be pubs though? Not sure.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

There was some talk about equipping heroes in Xtanstic today, here's the URL I was thinking of:

http://appgoons.tk/shopheroes/characters/

Looks like there is a thing that'll show ability gear, too, contrary to my recollection.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Oh man, thats a lot of golden chests to open.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

So obviously I burnt out and went inactive. If any towns want to pick me up for the passive boost from my net worth (91G) you're welcome to toss me an invite. I don't know if I'll really touch the game again; I escaped the pull of freemium addiction. Fivefingers#23845.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Congrats. :unsmith:

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Feels good man.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
We were talking some about using the Fusion Cauldron some on Xtanstic last night, but I'm still kind of antsy about how to use it. In particular, with my ocarinas to get them up to mythical. I'm just selling anything that's at Great or lower; it's when fusing Flawless or higher things together that I'm talking about.

Is it better to just always fuse 2 and take the heavy percentage losses, or should I always go all-in on 100%ing it, or should I always put the amount in for a >50% chance?

For whatever reason, the mental math eludes me.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Nully1fy's math in the OP should be what you are looking for.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Axiem posted:

We were talking some about using the Fusion Cauldron some on Xtanstic last night, but I'm still kind of antsy about how to use it. In particular, with my ocarinas to get them up to mythical. I'm just selling anything that's at Great or lower; it's when fusing Flawless or higher things together that I'm talking about.

Is it better to just always fuse 2 and take the heavy percentage losses, or should I always go all-in on 100%ing it, or should I always put the amount in for a >50% chance?

For whatever reason, the mental math eludes me.

Why fuse them? IIRC with Ocarina prices, you'd be better off selling the lower tier ones and just buying a mythical from the AH.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do

ImsaKidd posted:

Why fuse them? IIRC with Ocarina prices, you'd be better off selling the lower tier ones and just buying a mythical from the AH.

Current prices for Ocarinas, on the Offers tab:
Mythical: no gold, 6.67 gems
Legendary: 893M gold, 850 gems
Epic: 139M gold, 169 gems
Flawless: 76M gold, 90 gems

I'd sell anything Great or below to customers.

Doesn't really look to me like it's worth buying Mythical. Maybe Legendary, and fusing them.

I'm for whatever reason unable to think through the math otherwise, though.

In other news, there's a new patch. Release notes are here.

Now we can decorate our shops more nicely, and get gems for shopkeeper levels above 50. Yay.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

MAYORAL MOTD, YESSSSS

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

milward posted:

Is this still open for merging? Boatmurdered as of my current count has 9 inactives who've been gone for a week plus that I can kick easily.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

Dragongem posted:

Is this still open for merging? Boatmurdered as of my current count has 9 inactives who've been gone for a week plus that I can kick easily.

Topaz City has 11 members with 21+ days and 4 with 1-3 days so we are between 11-14 actives.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

milward posted:

Topaz City has 11 members with 21+ days and 4 with 1-3 days so we are between 11-14 actives.

Are we keeping the crazy Russian?

milward
Nov 5, 2009

Frogmanv2 posted:

Are we keeping the crazy Russian?

Well, he seems active, language barrier or not, so if we manage to inform him/her what is going on?

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Here's the actives I have btw:

Unoplank
Arbit
Me
Natas Dog (pubbie)
Good Citizen
King
Danny
DCesium
Lutz
arlekin
Iggyd
Heidi
Skyl3lazer
kinkouin
Skye
Greener

I think a couple pubbies are in that list too that I forgot, but I'm at work and don't have the time to figure it out. So 9 spots open for sure, and I have no issue with kicking pubbies so if I needed to kick a couple I could do it. I'll figure out who is a pubbie and who isn't and then figure things out from there.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 27, 2016

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Also floors and walls are cool and I'm glad they're in. You can mix and match floors and walls if you want, too.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Dragongem posted:

Unoplank
Arbit
Me
Natas Dog (pubbie)
Good Citizen
King
Danny
DCesium
Lutz
arlekin
Iggyd
Heidi
Skyl3lazer
kinkouin
Skye
Greener

I think a couple pubbies are in that list too that I forgot, but I'm at work and don't have the time to figure it out. So 9 spots open for sure, and I have no issue with kicking pubbies so if I needed to kick a couple I could do it. I'll figure out who is a pubbie and who isn't and then figure things out from there.

I just got back from an international work trip and don't want to be kicked :)

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Dragongem posted:

Unoplank
Arbit
Me
Natas Dog (pubbie)
Good Citizen
King
Danny
DCesium
Lutz
arlekin
Iggyd
Heidi
Skyl3lazer
kinkouin
Skye
Greener

Hi, I'm alive, yay :toot:

I really hope they do more events like they're starting now. Really makes people want to play.

The unbreakable event was amazing, since I just had heroes farming all the time (thanks upgraded quest slots)

Exewu
Jun 21, 2009
<br>
can someone invite me please? fart#89626
I'm just starting out

milward
Nov 5, 2009

Topaz City is down to 8 actives this raid, so we are probably as ready as we will be to move in with you guys.

The actives are

Breadnaught
Milward
Hugh
Khuden
Jurbanju
Todeshoden
Sloshie
Chris

If anyone is in Topaz City and want to join the move make a post, or we will consider this the final list for moving.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

milward posted:

Topaz City is down to 8 actives this raid, so we are probably as ready as we will be to move in with you guys.

The actives are

Breadnaught
Milward
Hugh
Khuden
Jurbanju
Todeshoden
Sloshie
Chris

If anyone is in Topaz City and want to join the move make a post, or we will consider this the final list for moving.

Ok, I'll move people over Monday night so it'll be a day and a half to post. I have 8 inactives of a week+ and a free spot atm

milward
Nov 5, 2009

Dragongem posted:

Ok, I'll move people over Monday night so it'll be a day and a half to post. I have 8 inactives of a week+ and a free spot atm

I guess the easiest is that we post our codes when we have left topaz and you send out invites?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

milward posted:

I guess the easiest is that we post our codes when we have left topaz and you send out invites?

You don't have to leave a city to join a new one, just wait for the invite to show up.

Recommend importing the people with the highest town hall contributions first, otherwise you might find you run out of space before filling back up.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Bad Munki posted:

You don't have to leave a city to join a new one, just wait for the invite to show up.

Recommend importing the people with the highest town hall contributions first, otherwise you might find you run out of space before filling back up.

As long as we kick from low levels first it'll hopefully be ok. Only one of our top 6 town hall investors is inactive and we've had it maxed for a long time.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I think the total needed to max out the TH is like 4.something billion so if you stay above that, you're golden no matter what.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Bad Munki posted:

I think the total needed to max out the TH is like 4.something billion so if you stay above that, you're golden no matter what.

Our top investor has over 2.6G in there alone so yeah we're good

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Hugh#10070

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

If y'all do have anyone that ends up not making it in, Xtanstic has a couple idlers I can boot.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
We've been maxed at TH 50 for awhile so it should be solid.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

Milward#19854

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
breadnaught#87626

Looking forward to the merger, but let's not forget those we've lost along the way... RIP in peace passionate russian guy. You will be missed :ussr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

khuden#52259

Bring it on home

• Locked thread