Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rhyno posted:

This never happened. There's a single page where she changes into four different shapes but that's it.

Count me pleasantly surprised, then. I'm more familiar with the whole Death/Return period from the BBC adaptation than the actual books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

Count me pleasantly surprised, then. I'm more familiar with the whole Death/Return period from the BBC adaptation than the actual books.
Wait, what?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Wait, what?

http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fantasy/Superman-Doomsday-and-Beyond-Audiobook/B004500AWE/ref=a_search_c4_1_1_srTtl?qid=1473266084&sr=1-1

Aired on Radio 1.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

What a weird thing to make into a radio drama. Superman didn't have a british accent did he?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Toxxupation posted:

I'm posting this trailer everywhere I can because I'm in stunned disbelief that not only is this movie being made, but it has an absolute murderer's row of Oscar talent acting within it. It blows my mother loving mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOMZlHYfXWc

Is this supposed to be a good movie? The trailer looked dire.

Edit: is the trailer misleading and in the actual movie death and time team up to fight love?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

What a weird thing to make into a radio drama. Superman didn't have a british accent did he?

Nope. It's actually pretty solid.
They did another one based on the Byrne Man Of Steel, and a Batman one based on Knightfall/end/quest. The latter is why I can't fully take Azrael seriously, because of how goofy the actor played it when he was being all murderbot.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I would hate to meet the person who can take this seriously.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Hate away. I'm also a fan of the "Gotham is mine! In my pocket!" "Prepare to be mugged." exchange later in the issue.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Oh God, Maximum Carnage is really bad, and the ordering system on Marvel Unlimited is completely hosed. Thankfully the covers say which part they are in a big enough font I can tell from the thumbnails which one's next.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Maximum Carnage's biggest problem is that it's about twice as long as it needs to be and some of the crossover writers keep derailing the story.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Which is the one where Venom and Carnage got in a fight over the phonelines by putting tiny little tendrils into the receivers on phone handsets and it was showing on the TV in Times Square?

Because that is exactly how phones work.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Skwirl posted:

Oh God, Maximum Carnage is really bad, and the ordering system on Marvel Unlimited is completely hosed. Thankfully the covers say which part they are in a big enough font I can tell from the thumbnails which one's next.

Comic book Herald is a good site for reading orders for future reference.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I would hate to meet the person who can take this seriously.

Well, quite, but I mean when he's all hypnotised by the Order. The actor just chews the (non-existent, because radio) scenery as he bellows "I AM AZRAEL OF THE ORDER OF ST DUMAS!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I would pay an enormous amount of money to have Shadow the Hedgehog's voice actor read all of Batzrael's nonsense edgy narration.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I retroactively read Azbats as Batman's voice from Holy musical B@man.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

just read it with a cartoonishly thick french accent

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Alaois posted:

just read it with a cartoonishly thick french accent

The narrator from SpongeBob basically

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

I would pay an enormous amount of money to have Shadow the Hedgehog's voice actor read all of Batzrael's nonsense edgy narration.

Where's that drat FOURTH Joker fish?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
On a final note about the DC/BBC radio things, the actor that played Batman was actually pretty great. Gave both Bruce and Bats a subtle mid-Atlantic 'old money' type accent, which makes total sense and fit surprisingly well.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

joehonkie posted:

Which is the one where Venom and Carnage got in a fight over the phonelines by putting tiny little tendrils into the receivers on phone handsets and it was showing on the TV in Times Square?

Because that is exactly how phones work.

That's one of the Venom miniseries. Whichever one is Venom vs. Carnage.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

The best way to read Maximum Carnage is to play the Genesis/SNES game.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Whatever way you read Maximum Carnage just make you stop when you're done because, if memory serves, the Clone Saga is next.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ferrule posted:

Whatever way you read Maximum Carnage just make you stop when you're done because, if memory serves, the Clone Saga is next.

Not immediately.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Whatever. Those are still dark times...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Not immediately.

Because of gaps in their 90s comics that are starring Spider-Man but aren't titled Amazing Spider-Man it kinda is immediately following. When I got to the back half of Maximum Carnage the next issue of Spectacular or Web would be a halt dozen issues later and "Power and Responsibility part 1 of 4"

Somewhere between the two they got rid of Peter Parker's robot parents though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Because of gaps in their 90s comics that are starring Spider-Man but aren't titled Amazing Spider-Man it kinda is immediately following. When I got to the back half of Maximum Carnage the next issue of Spectacular or Web would be a halt dozen issues later and "Power and Responsibility part 1 of 4"

Somewhere between the two they got rid of Peter Parker's robot parents though.

Maximum Carnage wrapped up in August of 1993 and the Clone Saga doesn't start until September of 1994.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Read Skwirl's post instead of relying on an interpretation, WickedHate Classic™.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I finished my Luke Cage binge and I've come to the conclusion that no one really knows what to do with him which is a shame because I like the character. The asian mysticism makes Iron Fist easier to work I guess.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
So comic book writer/artist related question: do writers/artists hate it when they hear (or told) that someone will trade-wait a comic book?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

So comic book writer/artist related question: do writers/artists hate it when they hear (or told) that someone will trade-wait a comic book?

In some cases (Image) they get better royalties out of the collected edition but most creators probably want you to buy singles and the trade.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Madkal posted:

After his stroke Peter David did All New X-Factor which only lasted 20 issues. If you don't buy the singles there won't be a trade. Apparently digital sales don't count for that either.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Maximum Carnage wrapped up in August of 1993 and the Clone Saga doesn't start until September of 1994.

Yes, but Marvel Unlimited doesn't have any of the issues of Spectacular Spider-Man that occur between the two.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gaunab posted:

I finished my Luke Cage binge and I've come to the conclusion that no one really knows what to do with him which is a shame because I like the character. The asian mysticism makes Iron Fist easier to work I guess.

You're probably right about is early poo poo, but Bendis did okay with him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Yes, but Marvel Unlimited doesn't have any of the issues of Spectacular Spider-Man that occur between the two.

That doesn't change the amount of time that actually passed.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rhyno posted:

He wasn't taking about the time between the events, but the lack of certain issues of spider-man comics to make it so clone saga is the next group of books on marvel unlimited.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

A year isn't that long in comics and means nothing if you'rereading them later and have no access to what happened in between.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I READ IT AS IT CAME OUT SCREW YOU drat KIDS AND YOUR TECHNOLOGY.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Speaking of Maximum Carnage I always thought Shriek was an interesting character when handled well. I don't know if she was handled well in MC because I only read about a third of the issues in the event, but she had a good story arc with Carrion years later.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I READ IT AS IT CAME OUT SCREW YOU drat KIDS AND YOUR TECHNOLOGY.

What's the opposite of "get off my lawn you kids"? Pretend I said that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

What's the opposite of "get off my lawn you kids"? Pretend I said that.

• Locked thread