Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
These pause for applause moments are getting really loving awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Holy poo poo someone get a gif of the box coming down

silentq15
Nov 28, 2008
Wait its just 2 PS4 Slims stacked on top of each other?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It's 400 bucks so lol any scrub that buys the slim

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I'm the increasingly tepid applause

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
To be fair if you care about 60fps you probably are better served playing on PC. I would love to play Bloodborne in 60fps, but unfortunately that is not on the cards.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The double decker PS4

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I seriously am happy that the main take away from this conference is "you do not need to upgrade at all. Don't worry about it"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Make it a webm so you also get the incredible crowd reaction sounds

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
Never talk about the size of the Xbox ever again.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
That's it?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Wow, no PSVR stuff at all except to say "it'll be worse if you don't buy the Pro"

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That's an ugly looking system.

It's going to be funny to see them do another more powerful system if the Scorpio does well.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
The PS4 is the new Xbox One

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the only thing i got out of that whole thing is that Horizon Zero Dawn is just some ubisoft-esque garbage

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

homeless snail posted:

Wow, no PSVR stuff at all except to say "it'll be worse if you don't buy the Pro"
It will greatly enhance PSVR

*shows 5 seconds of one bad VR game*

Thank you

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Well, at least it isn't $500.
I feel like they just completely skipped over mentioning how PSVR differs between the two models, so maybe I can stick with my OG PS4 for a longer while now.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

terrible

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
What are the highlight of the Slim? I didn't catch any of the specs.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Quest For Glory II posted:

the only thing i got out of that whole thing is that Horizon Zero Dawn is just some ubisoft-esque garbage

Yeah, but this time the towers move.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
So did only 6 members of the audience have hands why was the applause so quiet

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

Its smaller

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

unlawfulsoup posted:

Safe money is that all of you fuckers are still going to have PS4 pros in 3-4 months because reasons.

I don't even own a 4K TV.

And if I wanted to be performance minded about graphics Id get a 144hz *sync monitor for my PC first. Console gaming is about not caring about framerate/response time nerdery. It's about plugging a grey or black box to the thing you watch The Simpsons or whatever on and playing a thing in a couch.

No loving way I would buy this as a launch day early adopter of the original. Fine for people who don't have one already though.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

People will laugh at you for not buying the pro.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Quest For Glory II posted:

NO poo poo

no wait, I'm sure it'll always be a cleverly narrated cinematic experience in an open world

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I guess Sony didn't really go back and redo their Pro plans after the Scorpio was announced at E3?

I feel like Scorpio's specs will clown the PS4 Pro next year.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

unlawfulsoup posted:

To be fair if you care about 60fps you probably are better served playing on PC. I would love to play Bloodborne in 60fps, but unfortunately that is not on the cards.

Yeah, was hoping for some decent improvements but it looks like the developers that are bothering to support the PS4 Pro are just adjusting graphical settings a bit. I think the fact they used Shadow of Mordor running a different type of AA as a showcase sums the whole thing up.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol if you think I'd use that pussy 1TB included. I'd rip it out and use my 2TB from the original PS4 that I transplanted.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Barudak posted:

People will laugh at you for not buying the pro.

Why buy the Pro if I don't have a 4k TV?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

JazzFlight posted:

I guess Sony didn't really go back and redo their Pro plans after the Scorpio was announced at E3?

I feel like Scorpio's specs will clown the PS4 Pro next year.
If Scorpio is going to be so good it will probably divide the console market which Sony likely doesn't want to do

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

cause it was terrible

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K
I don't have a 4k set, I don't have plans to buy a 4k tv, and even after watching that presentation I have NO IDEA if the PS4 Pro matters if I don't have a 4k set.

What a terrible presentation.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
I enjoy this man's bravado.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Liver Disaster posted:

NO poo poo

no wait, I'm sure it'll always be a cleverly narrated cinematic experience in an open world
i dont know what anyone expected out of the Killzone devs

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
"Speaking of popping" I swear I thought he was going to talk about all the pop-in lol

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

That could all have been done as a press release.

Pointless, it feels like Sonys heart isn't in the whole 4k thing.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Please. Someone do this.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

CharlestonJew posted:

Small room with journalists only. Professional journalists often avoid joining in on applauding etc. during press presentations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the reveal owned, just popping up to zero applause, total silence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
I think the "We have a half dozen first party titles being worked on for upgrades" was perhaps the most surprising, I would have expected more than 6 if not the majority would be upgraded, if even to just run them downsampled. We'll see how many third party titles are upgraded and to what extent, but from early impressions not looking like many might not be going for an improved frame rate, even if they were largely GPU and not CPU bound. Would much rather have games that were ~40-45fps be 60 with more upsampling, but of course you've still got that Jaguar CPU.

Pretty much everything as expected (sans the ridiculous NeoGaf rumours) so that plays a part, but man Sony is not good at stoking hype.That was a snoozer of a conference.

And Mass Effect looked really ho-hum IMO

• Locked thread