Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

botany posted:

what the everloving gently caress is this abomination

Something Awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Idk if it's been pointed yet but it looks like Nuka-World has broken the perk tree mod. I think there are some new perks added and they've knocked some of the originals off the interface.

Specifically, it's no longer possible to invest in lock picking it or non-auto rifle perks. Some of the remaining perks have also reverted to their old naming / description.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
fwiw: f4se + fallout.exe work together if you have the old version, which I do, which i've uploaded for you lovely lovely goons to enjoy

https://mega.nz/#!vhk0GLDC!6EZu9PIzZwD0sndSnDZioFjiXHL4JjKfrX3uTpKh0hs

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
oh. Japan, never change.

Shame edit : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18061/ not an actual Japanese mod, although the above image is in line with Japanese tastes and customs.
Sepukku edit : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17642/ dear lord. m150 has a contender,
featuring a gun that...

Does this.

staberind fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 7, 2016

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Are there any mods that make the institute itself buildable? I'd like to spruce it up.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus
I'm finally having another go at Fallout 4 now that the last DLC is out, and survival mode is pretty cool. I am running into some weirdness, and I think it might be because either my load order is hosed, or I'm using some mods that should be replaced. The major problem I'm seeing right now is a bunch of the settlement stuff just doesn't seem to appear when I'm in the workshop. Specifically, the NX Pro and Immersive Vendors stuff. Am I missing something? Do they not work with the latest patch or the latest version of Settlement Keywords?
Or is there a better set of settlement enhancement mods that I should be switching to?

The other thing is I want more things to shoot at - with survival mode and the weapon damage rebalance, I'm really enjoying gunfights. I used to use More Spawns and Adjusted Encounter Zones to make things more crowded and lethal, but they haven't been updated in a while.
Are there better choices if I want a Commonwealth full of things that are trying to kill me?

Load order:
code:
Fallout4.esm=1
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
SettlementKeywords.esm=1
Homemaker.esm=1
NX Pro - Farm Core.esp=1
NX Pro - Harvest Overhaul.esp=1
NX Pro - Farm Core - Homemaker.esp=1
NX Pro - Farm Core - Valdacil's Item Sorting.esp=1
Grasslands - Healthy.esp=1
CalibratedToModernFirearms.esp=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
Armorsmith Automatron.esp=1
Armorsmith Far Harbor.esp=1
Armorsmith Vault-Tec DLC.esp=1
Armorsmith Nuka World.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp=1
ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks-DLCVersion-VanillaWeight.esp=1
ValdacilsItemSorting-Junk+DEF_INV.esp=1
LongerPowerLines3x.esp=1
BetterSettlersNoLollygagging.esp=1
BetterSettlers.esp=1
BetterSettlersCleanFacePack.esp=1
BetterSettlersFarHarborPatch.esp=1
ImmersiveVendors.esp=1
BetterJunkFences.esp=1
IncreasedSettlerPopulation50.esp=1
SettlersRename.esp=1
Quick Save.esp=1
EasyHacking.esp=1
EveryonesBestFriend.esp=1
RepairSanctuary.esp=1
Scrap Everything - Core.esp=1
Scrap Everything - Automatron.esp=1
Scrap Everything - Far Harbor.esp=1
Vertibird Alt Fix.esp=1

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Kenlon posted:

I'm finally having another go at Fallout 4 now that the last DLC is out, and survival mode is pretty cool. I am running into some weirdness, and I think it might be because either my load order is hosed, or I'm using some mods that should be replaced. The major problem I'm seeing right now is a bunch of the settlement stuff just doesn't seem to appear when I'm in the workshop. Specifically, the NX Pro and Immersive Vendors stuff. Am I missing something? Do they not work with the latest patch or the latest version of Settlement Keywords?
Or is there a better set of settlement enhancement mods that I should be switching to?

The other thing is I want more things to shoot at - with survival mode and the weapon damage rebalance, I'm really enjoying gunfights. I used to use More Spawns and Adjusted Encounter Zones to make things more crowded and lethal, but they haven't been updated in a while.
Are there better choices if I want a Commonwealth full of things that are trying to kill me?

Load order:
code:
Fallout4.esm=1
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
SettlementKeywords.esm=1
Homemaker.esm=1
NX Pro - Farm Core.esp=1
NX Pro - Harvest Overhaul.esp=1
NX Pro - Farm Core - Homemaker.esp=1
NX Pro - Farm Core - Valdacil's Item Sorting.esp=1
Grasslands - Healthy.esp=1
CalibratedToModernFirearms.esp=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
Armorsmith Automatron.esp=1
Armorsmith Far Harbor.esp=1
Armorsmith Vault-Tec DLC.esp=1
Armorsmith Nuka World.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp=1
ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks-DLCVersion-VanillaWeight.esp=1
ValdacilsItemSorting-Junk+DEF_INV.esp=1
LongerPowerLines3x.esp=1
BetterSettlersNoLollygagging.esp=1
BetterSettlers.esp=1
BetterSettlersCleanFacePack.esp=1
BetterSettlersFarHarborPatch.esp=1
ImmersiveVendors.esp=1
BetterJunkFences.esp=1
IncreasedSettlerPopulation50.esp=1
SettlersRename.esp=1
Quick Save.esp=1
EasyHacking.esp=1
EveryonesBestFriend.esp=1
RepairSanctuary.esp=1
Scrap Everything - Core.esp=1
Scrap Everything - Automatron.esp=1
Scrap Everything - Far Harbor.esp=1
Vertibird Alt Fix.esp=1

First of all, the UF4P should come after the DLC esms, otherwise they'll just override what's been patched by it.

Next, Settlement Keywords is outdated, Settlement Keywords Expanded should work. I'm not using NX Pro but at least the Immersive Vendor items show up under stores.

To up the encounter rate people seem to use either War of the Commonwealth or Leveled Spawns .

Both haven't been updated in a while but they still work. War of the Commonwealth will make your Survival Experience a bit brutal at low levels, Leveled Spawns is a bit buggy as it has some enemies that will not aggro you until they are being shot at. :v:

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Sep 7, 2016

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus
It is actually Settlement Keywords Expanded - that's the esm that SKE installs.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
ugh, I hosed up. I installed spring cleaning and now I can't build anywhere without something intersecting with something else that I need to scrap before I can place stuff down.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I increased the FOV in the ini files, but now when I have a pipe rifle equipped, my character's arm blocks the bottom right corner of the screen. It's pretty irritating. Is there anything I can do about this or do I just have to grin and bear it?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
didnt see it mentioned yet but F4SE has been updated.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I had given up and started running without it because I couldn't remember what mods I had that even required it. I think it it was just the one that turns achievements back on.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I cleaned and rebuilt my pc, found one of my sd's was not properly plugged in, and installed the one I got to replace it. so yay, 4 ssd's.
so I decided to start from scratch, junction the textures and mod folder on another drive.
of course, NNM chose to act peculiar then, so, I have close to 270 mods to reinstall and merge, ohwell,
Meanwhile, as I was bimbling about I found this:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16157/ Sorry Dima, your memories don't interest me.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4162/ More special points on a new game.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
If the OP ever gets updated again, the Dima Memories one should certainly be in the OP.

Speaking of quality of life, tired of somehow getting infected through that walking tank shell you are wearing? this mod called HEV Power Armor ensures that power armor keeps all those nasty skin based and envriomental dieases on the outside.

Also, BRAHMIN TIPPING!

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

pmchem posted:

any way to craft vertibird signal grenades other than this?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1146/

not exactly what you want, but I recommend getting the Vertibird Beacon mod, which adds a reusable signal grenade so you don't have to go bother Teagan every 5 fast travels.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14729/

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

staberind posted:

Meanwhile, as I was bimbling about I found this:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16157/ Sorry Dima, your memories don't interest me.

Holy poo poo this is amazing. Gonna install this later today since I'm right before that part of FH right now.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

SeanBeansShako posted:

Speaking of quality of life, tired of somehow getting infected through that walking tank shell you are wearing? this mod called HEV Power Armor ensures that power armor keeps all those nasty skin based and envriomental dieases on the outside.

Can't check nexus at work, but does that work for the Vault 81 molerats, or it just for survival stuff?

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Icedude posted:

Can't check nexus at work, but does that work for the Vault 81 molerats, or it just for survival stuff?

Yep, it does.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Canuck-Errant posted:

Yep, it does.

That's good, that one one of the big things that bothered me about that quest.

Well, outside of followers or the protectron giving you the disease if they get bitten :downs:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Yeah, there was a mod out there previously that provided immunity to that disease, but it seemed to stop working a few patches ago and never got an update. It's nice to have a replacement, and the additions make perfect sense since, yeah... Power Armor is literally a walking tank.

Meanwhile, holy poo poo: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15971/

YOU CAN DRIVE AROUND IN A COMFY CHAIR.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 8, 2016

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gonkish posted:

Yeah, there was a mod out there previously that provided immunity to that disease, but it seemed to stop working a few patches ago and never got an update. It's nice to have a replacement, and the additions make perfect sense since, yeah... Power Armor is literally a walking tank.

Meanwhile, holy poo poo: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15971/

YOU CAN DRIVE AROUND IN A COMFY CHAIR.

Unless you have read Akira, you have no idea what an apt name/post combo you made, ;)

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Looks like Fallout 4 modding support along with Skyrim on the PS4 has copped it.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I guess Sony wanted them to QA literally every mod that ever gets uploaded through their system? That's kinda crazy.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

yup, of course:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17937/

Mirelurtant Follower.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance
I feel like a real dummy even asking this. For a mod like this one, with a main file and then "patches", how do you install the patches using MO? Do I use the replace function, the merge function or do I name the patches as a whole new mod to load after the main file?

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

boneration posted:

I feel like a real dummy even asking this. For a mod like this one, with a main file and then "patches", how do you install the patches using MO? Do I use the replace function, the merge function or do I name the patches as a whole new mod to load after the main file?

When I do patches to mods I go the merge function, so all the .esps are all in one place. Just make sure they have the correct load order in the other pane so the patches are loaded after the main file.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Thought it was safe to get back into this game now that there's no more DLC coming to systematically gently caress all my mods, boy was I wrong. Using Mod Organizer2.3 or whatever the very newest version is, and when it's not just outright CTD'ing I can't even get simple things like a radio station or texture replacer to work.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Saint Sputnik posted:

Thought it was safe to get back into this game now that there's no more DLC coming to systematically gently caress all my mods, boy was I wrong. Using Mod Organizer2.3 or whatever the very newest version is, and when it's not just outright CTD'ing I can't even get simple things like a radio station or texture replacer to work.

just use NMM.

MO is absolutely fantastic for managing texture overrides and the like, and I can't wait till it's at the point where it's usable above NMM. But while it works decently for most people, when I'm modding, I like something that's a bit more convenient.

give it a few months and I'll recommend it over NMM. I absolutely recommend it over NMM for skyrim.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 11, 2016

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

In the meantime, there's a couple favorite mods I used earlier this year that I can't find again in either my Nexus downloads list or the spot on my spare HD where I stashed the downloads. One is like a variation on pipe guns, very modifiable but much nicer looking; the other is a set of NCR Ranger looking riot armor under a brown coat, with a thigh-length variant and a waist-length variant. Those sound familiar to anyone?

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
Oh hey, someone made a set of Institute Power Armor based off the concept art. Now for someone to make a mod so the Institute actually uses it...

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

In the meantime, there's a couple favorite mods I used earlier this year that I can't find again in either my Nexus downloads list or the spot on my spare HD where I stashed the downloads. One is like a variation on pipe guns, very modifiable but much nicer looking; the other is a set of NCR Ranger looking riot armor under a brown coat, with a thigh-length variant and a waist-length variant. Those sound familiar to anyone?

For the first I'd suggest Defense Gun which replaces Pipe weaponry entirely with some really nice look lore friendly sub machine guns and semi-automatic pistols. The latter sadly the NCR Survivor Desert Ranger gear that was taken down over the console modder drama bullshit.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Can anyone identify where I can get the clothing that the guy on the right is wearing?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

e: /\/\/\ It's a retex of the Rebel armor by the same guy who did the one I was looking for, Scavenged NCR. So he took down the original along with his other mods...

SeanBeansShako posted:

For the first I'd suggest Defense Gun which replaces Pipe weaponry entirely with some really nice look lore friendly sub machine guns and semi-automatic pistols. The latter sadly the NCR Survivor Desert Ranger gear that was taken down over the console modder drama bullshit.

Cheers, I kept seeing Defense Gun in my download and tracked lists and assumed it was a sentry gun turret mod so I didnt bother clicking on it. Too bad about the other one.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

e: /\/\/\ It's a retex of the Rebel armor by the same guy who did the one I was looking for, Scavenged NCR. So he took down the original along with his other mods...

Cheers, I kept seeing Defense Gun in my download and tracked lists and assumed it was a sentry gun turret mod so I didnt bother clicking on it. Too bad about the other one.

Hopefully the modder will see sense and grow up (haha) or somebody else will make NCR Desert Ranger gear. I think you can still grab something like that, but it isn't as good as the Survivor one.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Saint Sputnik posted:

Aw for fucks sake. :( I just want some nice combaty style clothing that isn't basically tombraider gear (midriffs must be shown at all times, apparently).

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Saint Sputnik posted:

Btw I don't know if you saw it but the Nuka World update messed up your perk tree mod a little bit

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

Btw I don't know if you saw it but the Nuka World update messed up your perk tree mod a little bit

I expected it would. I'll fix it sometime after I've tried out a few other newer perk overhauls so I can get an idea of where I might want to go with it.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18315/

A Japanese modder made the Institute Power Armor from the artbook. :allears:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SeanBeansShako posted:

Hopefully the modder will see sense and grow up (haha) or somebody else will make NCR Desert Ranger gear. I think you can still grab something like that, but it isn't as good as the Survivor one.

To be fair, he didn't take it down because of whining about Bethesda.net. He took it down because he had THOUSANDS of comments harassing him over problems in the one people uploaded for Bethesda.net on their own or over bugging him to put it up there himself. I went to his comments at some point to see if anyone had a similar problem to me, and I couldn't find one that wasn't about that.

You can still get the armor on some non-English sites because he gave people permission to put them up there, and he's fine with them leaving it up. The user name is L0rd0fWar for searching purposes.

Falken posted:

Can anyone identify where I can get the clothing that the guy on the right is wearing?

There's several recolors for it on the Nexus, but you have to Google for the main mod. The name for Googling is the Rebel armor.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Seems like the fusion gun mod is hosed up in some way. I had it installed, it was in the load order, but the game ignored it no matter what. Doesn't matter where it was in the load order, doesn't matter how much I redownloaded, it just wouldn't recognize it. Hell, it didn't even bitch at me when I removed the mod and tried to load a save where I had previously had it installed. It doesn't even seem to recognize that the mod existed.