Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

FredMSloniker posted:

I was partial to the Genesis Shadowrun's cheat code being BARRACUDA.

Carmageddon using filthy cheat codes as a way of keeping magazines from printing them was really great.

BETYOUCANTPRINTCUNT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Strom Cuzewon posted:

"The hospital administrator is cheating"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osPKQLw8Oqo
:allears:
Warning, a cheat is running the hospital!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Mokinokaro posted:

LARA iirc. Using the shoulder buttons.
Even better, the password got localized: it's LALA in the Japanese version. :eng101:

Which I didn't realize as I played the Japanese version with English guides online. :eng99:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
This belongs more in the other thread, but the first time I had to enter that password, I screwed it up. The resulting scene is much better, I think, than the one you get if you get it right, which is basically 'hug, give accessory'.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

Carmageddon using filthy cheat codes as a way of keeping magazines from printing them was really great.

BETYOUCANTPRINTCUNT

If you type in curse words on the cheat screen of the PS1 Spider-Man game, Spidey pops up and punches the word, changing it to something polite like "flowers".

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Byzantine posted:

If you type in curse words on the cheat screen of the PS1 Spider-Man game, Spidey pops up and punches the word, changing it to something polite like "flowers".

The Fire Imp in Conker's Bad Fur Day gets annoyed if you type swearwords into the cheat screen.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Dark Souls stuff can basically fill this thread since its storytelling is so minimalist.

For example, there's an armor set you can find midgame called the Fallen Knight set. Looks pretty cool and you can infer just from the title that it's armor from a dead knight.

However if you read the item description for the leggings you get this:

Fallen Knight Trousers posted:

Trousers of an order of fallen knights.

Held beneath leather boots and drab cloth using a knot of rope and bandage, they are dampened and indelibly stained with the misery of flight.

You're wearing trousers that some guy pissed himself in as he ran away like a coward

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Fire Imp in Conker's Bad Fur Day gets annoyed if you type swearwords into the cheat screen.
If you enter a swearword as your name in sidescrolling SNES racer Uniracers/Unirally, it tells you NOT COOL ENOUGH. It also does this when you enter SONIC or SEGA.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

My Lovely Horse posted:

If you enter a swearword as your name in sidescrolling SNES racer Uniracers/Unirally, it tells you NOT COOL ENOUGH. It also does this when you enter SONIC or SEGA.

...and then that company went on to make Grand Theft Auto :allears:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've got further into the original Xenoblade Chronicles now and I like that some of the sidequests make use of the magic sword's ability to see the future, like the old man who nearly works himself to death for his daughter's safety or the two children who are having a falling out over which main character is cooler :3:

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
Someone, I think it was a person from these very forums said they judge games on how good the shotguns are in them. Payday 2 emphasizes that to a ridiculous degree.

https://gfycat.com/WarmheartedFewAsp

Linked it for being huge in size.

Feonir has a new favorite as of 15:19 on Sep 7, 2016

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I'm untouchable thanks to these pills.
I got Enter the Gungeon over the weekend and it's got retro pixel graphics. You can point your gun in any direction and instead of rotating the sprite, each degree of rotation has a new sprite.

Hyper Light Drifter did this too. It looks so much better and so much more consistent when a game does this, rather than rotating the pixels unrealistically.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
Picked up the Witcher 3 this last weekend and am having a blast with it.

I love the weather system and how it can make things seem even more epic and dynamic. My favorite little thing about it though is that "before the storm" is a weather pattern with the distant skies going dark, the wind picking up, and the trees bending over. It instantly makes any prolonged fight you get into that much cooler.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Greatbacon posted:

Picked up the Witcher 3 this last weekend and am having a blast with it.

I love the weather system and how it can make things seem even more epic and dynamic. My favorite little thing about it though is that "before the storm" is a weather pattern with the distant skies going dark, the wind picking up, and the trees bending over. It instantly makes any prolonged fight you get into that much cooler.

"Wind's howling."

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Feonir posted:

Someone, I think it was a person from these very forums said they judge games on how good the shotguns are in them. Payday 2 emphasizes that to a ridiculous degree.

Might have been me, I love a good shotgun. :clint:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Feonir posted:

More games need to have fun with basic animations.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Feonir posted:

Payday's notable in this because unlike drat near every other game that takes a shotgun's damage and spreads it across the pellets (so that to get full damage you want as many pellets to hit the target as possible), Payday shotguns inflict full damage with each pellet. This encourages you to actively decrease the gun's accuracy (such as by firing from the hip at a full sprint) so as to get greater spread and increase the number of targets hit. It even gets funnier with alternate ammo, because you get poo poo like sprinting into a room with a 35-round Dragon's Breath auto shottie that sets 2-4 guys on fire per shot followed up by a secondary shotgun with high explosive shells to ragdoll the flaming, screaming cops.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Evilreaver posted:

More games need to have fun with basic animations.

Agreed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7HGmUBQOHM

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I don't know why but the one with three arms loving kills me every single time I see it.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Mister Adequate posted:

I don't know why but the one with three arms loving kills me every single time I see it.

I like how after most of them the player frantically looks left and right like "did anybody else just see that poo poo?"

Which brings up an interesting question...do those reloads have 3rd person animations as well?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Feonir posted:

Payday 2 emphasizes that to a ridiculous degree.

Sadly not as much as it used to. The locomotive used to be an amazing choice and the obvious go-to even for people that weren't spec'd into shotties but that all changed about two weapon revamps ago .

Granted I haven't touched PD2 since before the biker update, but I doubt loco is king again

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Disregard, wrong thread. :saddowns:

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

https://youtu.be/hRm-BSukPds

I wish it was real

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

i'm partial to the follow-up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WasgRxx6r4

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mister Adequate posted:

I love that one too :allears:.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Mondian posted:

Sadly not as much as it used to. The locomotive used to be an amazing choice and the obvious go-to even for people that weren't spec'd into shotties but that all changed about two weapon revamps ago .

Granted I haven't touched PD2 since before the biker update, but I doubt loco is king again

Shotguns were buffed across the board and all the new shotgun skills benefit the Loco just swell. It's just not the undisputed, balance-wrecking King of All Shotguns Forever anymore.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
Reaper from Overwatch has the best reload animation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYlOWPM3Ioo
https://gfycat.com/AdorableNastyCony

e: Also mildly relevant re:shotguns.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

PubicMice posted:

Reaper from Overwatch has the best reload animation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYlOWPM3Ioo
https://gfycat.com/AdorableNastyCony

e: Also mildly relevant re:shotguns.

I think McCree says something about them taking his guns away if he doesn't start caring for them.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Little thing in overwatch: reaper's guns are bulls.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

There's a comment in there like "make one where he pulls out the magazine, throws the gun away, and then puts another gun on the magazine" and I am dying to see it get done

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Buzkashi posted:

There's a comment in there like "make one where he pulls out the magazine, throws the gun away, and then puts another gun on the magazine" and I am dying to see it get done

There was one in the Battlefield Hardline video.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

toasterwarrior posted:

There was one in the Battlefield Hardline video.

Ohhh yeah, I just went back and checked. It's kind of subtle with the gun going out of frame so gently, it basically just looks like they took the magazine out and put it right back in the same gun, I'm talking about a blatant "toss the gun away and reach down below the screen for a new one while the magazine stays in the frame" kind of thing. Still funny though.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
Basically EDF the game belongs in here.

https://giant.gfycat.com/UnkemptHauntingGreendarnerdragonfly.webm

EDF!! EDF!!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Ok, I'm further into Xenoblade Chronicles now and get what people mean about the plot being way better. The villains that I've met so far have chemistry with the heroes and are hinting at further aspects of the conflict, which is way more interesting than the Ganglion, who only really appear in one or two story missions each, then are never mentioned again while refusing to explain themselves to the heroes. They're also enjoying their roles more, Xord was a great character, and he hinted at the greater context after I murdered him.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I think McCree says something about them taking his guns away if he doesn't start caring for them.

"You weren't given those guns just to throw 'em away!"

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
McCree sounds so pouty when he says that.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Now I'm not 100% sure on Overwatch lore but I think Reaper just found McCree wandering around being a cowboy in the year 5,000 and was all "well this guy's just batshit enough to join my team before I turn evil" but then McCree didn't want to be evil because cowboys aren't evil so now they're not friends anymore (but nobody told McCree).

Also his America skin looks like this

and yeah that's a gun with the American flag on it because that's the most American thing ever.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Now I'm not 100% sure on Overwatch lore but I think Reaper just found McCree wandering around being a cowboy in the year 5,000 and was all "well this guy's just batshit enough to join my team before I turn evil" but then McCree didn't want to be evil because cowboys aren't evil so now they're not friends anymore (but nobody told McCree).

According to the internet they are actually boyfriends who make out all the time while eating at McDonalds.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ImpAtom posted:

According to the internet they are actually boyfriends who make out all the time while eating at McDonalds.

McCree is dating Hanjo, Reaper is dating 76!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

And it's PharMercy who go to McD's, but only because they take their child D.va there!