Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Why would someone try so hard to talk about Jesus and apply the bible's words to every single facet of life and every conversation or facebook comment gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Lazerbeam posted:

Is it normal in the US to beg strangers on the internet to help you get your job back?

Um excuse me did you see her use the word "beg" anywhere???

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

notZaar posted:

Um excuse me did you see her use the word "beg" anywhere???

Yeah dude don't make her rewrite her whole post to make YOU happy

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Anderron Shi posted:

Why would someone try so hard to talk about Jesus and apply the bible's words to every single facet of life and every conversation or facebook comment gently caress

she needs her job at walmart so she can spread gods word to the people as well. she's poo poo

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Anderron Shi posted:

Yeah dude don't make her rewrite her whole post to make YOU happy

Ah poo poo I was the devil all along

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Anderron Shi posted:

Have you ever spoken to an american from the Midwest before

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Code Jockey posted:

one time this guy was talking about how he got into a car accident when a truck dropped a log off the back and it went through the passenger side of the cabin, narrowly missing him. I said wow you got lucky and he yelled at me NO, IM BLESSED. it was hosed

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
God likes to regularly subject people to near miss accidents so that they know how much he loves them.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Code Jockey posted:

Yes.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lazerbeam posted:

Is it normal in the US to beg strangers on the internet to help you get your job back?

She's NOT begging!

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Lazerbeam posted:

a strong social media presence is super important for career development in the US post industrial economy

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Code Jockey posted:

Wow I thought the souths Bible Belt were the crazies, guess it's vanilla Midwesterners

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Darth123123 posted:

Wow I thought the souths Bible Belt were the crazies, guess it's vanilla Midwesterners

Why_not_both.gif

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Blue Train posted:

she needs her job at walmart so she can spread gods word to the people as well. she's poo poo

Pray the unemployment away. It worked for her gay son

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Darth123123 posted:

New England is okay, the West Coast is okay

the rest of the country is bad

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
it routinely amazes me how much it sucks to be poor in the states compared to europe

like its not quite Russia bad but it's edging closer

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Blacktoll posted:

Is that what you Virgin Mary girlfriend told you?

Nah, I'm a woman. But back in the day teenage girls had some really stupid ideas about pregnancy, and I assume they still do. Back in the 70s some girls thought you couldn't get pregnant if you douched with coca cola -- FYI a coke douche will not decrease chance of pregnancy, however it will greatly increase chance of yeast infection.

Facebook Aunt fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 7, 2016

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Facebook Aunt posted:

Nah, I'm a woman. But back in the day teenage girls had some really stupid ideas about pregnancy, and I assume they still due. Back in the 70s some girls thought you couldn't get pregnant if you douched with coca cola -- FYI a coke douche will not decrease chance of pregnancy, however it will greatly increase chance of yeast infection.

Mods change my name to Coke Douche

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

I joined a facebook group in my area called "Say or Sell anything you want". Every post looks like the above image.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Lichy posted:

it routinely amazes me how much it sucks to be poor in the states compared to europe

like its not quite Russia bad but it's edging closer

In America, we know that if you are poor it's your fault because you are lazy or addicted to drugs so we DGAF if your life sucks.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
In America we have lower taxes and we get to laugh at our poors. In Europe the government takes your money to give to the lazy and they laugh at you.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
social mobility in Europe is even lower than in the US last I checked

so idk maybe they take care of you a bit better but they def lock you into that peasant class forever

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Moridin920 posted:

social mobility in Europe is even lower than in the US last I checked

so idk maybe they take care of you a bit better but they def lock you into that peasant class forever

when and where did u check

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Tricky D posted:

God likes to regularly subject people to near miss accidents so that they know how much he loves them.

:golfclap:

God of OSHA.

More like God of ohshi-

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

steinrokkan posted:

when and where did u check

I think if you drop the embarrassing numbers from the South our social mobility is higher than most Western European countries (just marginally though) but it's been a while since I've checked. It's kinda a hard thing to pinpoint really because there's absolute mobility, intergenerational mobility, and then there's no comprehensive study across Europe so you gotta do it country by country...

Here's an interesting article though if you care:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-23/how-to-stay-rich-in-europe-inherit-money-for-700-years

quote:

More than one-third of Italy’s richest people inherited their fortunes, compared with just 29 percent in the U.S. and 2 percent in China, according to a 2014 study of the world’s billionaires by the Peterson Institute for International Economics. Germany has the highest share of inheritor-billionaires among developed economies, 65 percent. Overall, heirs and heiresses make up about half of Western Europe’s billionaires.

“In hardly any other country does social origin influence one’s income as much as in Germany,” wrote Marcel Fratzscher, head of the Berlin-based German Institute for Economic Research, in a recent book. “The richest citizens are also those with the highest income. For to everyone who has, more shall be given.”

Also afaik in the UK most of the land is owned by the same families who have owned it for hundreds of years; oftentimes a land 'purchase' there is just a 99 year lease.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Moridin920 posted:

I think if you drop the embarrassing numbers from the South our social mobility is higher than most Western European countries (just marginally though) but it's been a while since I've checked. It's kinda a hard thing to pinpoint really because there's absolute mobility, intergenerational mobility, and then there's no comprehensive study across Europe so you gotta do it country by country...

Here's an interesting article though if you care:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-23/how-to-stay-rich-in-europe-inherit-money-for-700-years

Also afaik in the UK most of the land is owned by the same families who have owned it for hundreds of years; oftentimes a land 'purchase' there is just a 99 year lease.

Good to know China is the true home of self made captains of industry! :china:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

Nah, I'm a woman. But back in the day teenage girls had some really stupid ideas about pregnancy, and I assume they still do. Back in the 70s some girls thought you couldn't get pregnant if you douched with coca cola -- FYI a coke douche will not decrease chance of pregnancy, however it will greatly increase chance of yeast infection.

Dr. Bronner posted:

Essene & Chinese birth controls must reduce birth or Easter Isle type overpopulation destroys God's Spaceship Earth! God's law prevents all conception below pH3. Therefore, Essene contracepted for 400 years with rosehips, pH2! So, absolute clean, apply vaseline, oil, butter or cream, insert teaspoonful juicy lemon pulp, pH2. O.K.! Next day, douche with qt. soapy water, pH8, restoring pH5 balance God made!

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

His peppermint soap seems pretty good for keeping away mosquitos if you avoid reading the scripture on the bottle

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

I love Dr Bronner's, especially when I have a stuffy nose. It clears that poo poo right the gently caress up.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Article about how implantable chips may be able to provide continuous medical monitoring someday. http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/fitness-sensors-tiny-wireless-1.3751021

Nothing really surprising. A few people with medical conditions that might benefit from continuous monitoring. Conspiracy theorists. Religious conspiracy theorists.

I do wonder about "Abolish the CBC" guy though. Does he not want CBC to tell us about this? Or does he post that to everything the CBC reports on?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idc those people don't have to use nano health robots to extend their lifespan; gently caress em

more for me

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

we've already got the lovely parts of a cyberpunk dystopia, nice to see some good parts showing up

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Once big government gets their hands on my heart rate and blood sugar levels, there's nothing that can be done. There will be no more freedom. THERE WILL BE NO MORE FREEDOM.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
first they taxed the sodas...

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Any time somebody uses the word 'sheeple' I have to stop my brain for a second to check if they are using it ironically or not. Those fuckos who say it unironically put my poor brain into a continuous loop.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Actually having real time blood sugar level information would be great just think about getting notifications on your watch when it's time to eat.

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
I wish I could find it, but I found an article on the IEEE website about a similar medical implant that Medtronic makes. Some guy in the comments section came to the conclusion that implants (defibrillators and neurostimulators in particular) are going to be used to remotely murder conservatives by delivering unnecessary shocks to the brain or heart. It was specifically conservatives because the project had received some small amount of grant money from the government, which means Obama has access to the implant controls.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

inshallah

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
Do they ever address the fact that Alex Jones has been around since before Hicks died. My brother in law used to work with him in the early 90s in Austin ( at Dell if I remember right) and Jones was doing his public access schtick and working a 9 to 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

• Locked thread