Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

emdash posted:

can you write his name correctly though

It's LBJ-ism with me and him at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

memy posted:

Why didn't they get Couric for this

Couric isn't at NBC anymore

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jesus Christ, what a shitshow.

I can't wait for the debates.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Painful.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/773686373480038400

what does this even mean

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
While Hillary got harder questions, Trump had worse answers. Its gonna be interesting to see where the narrative goes

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
This recap moment is pretty loving lol tho Trump sounds like he's having a dissociative episode

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

WampaLord posted:

Jesus Christ, what a shitshow.

I can't wait for the debates.

Yeah she is going to eviscerate him live on TV because if the moderators aren't going to call him on his poo poo you know she will

Wonder what Maddow is going say about this

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

While Hillary got harder questions, Trump had worse answers. Its gonna be interesting to see where the narrative goes

Yeah, his team has to be loving dreading the town hall debate.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

We have this.

Him calling Military Leadership losers

Standing by a sexist tweet.

And not answering a god drat thing.

:psyboom:

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

memy posted:

He's gonna unveil another 14 in the coming days

Ah, you see, he already has that covered. There were 14 three-star generals who signed on.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

rscott posted:

Yeah she is going to eviscerate him live on TV because if the moderators aren't going to call him on his poo poo you know she will

Wonder what Maddow is going say about this

Yeah at which point the moderator will interrupt Clinton to say "Madam Secretary, please don't interrupt" and then when Trump does the same thing they'll be silent.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
No one really knows for sure how many members of the military are.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Interrupting a woman: good and cool

Interrupting a man: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
So was that it or is there another hour?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/NormOrnstein/status/773684804009226240

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
I'm Matt Lauer?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
What tweet was it? I'm at work and the cubs radio wins over.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton are both gorgons and have looked upon our armed forces many times, turning them to stone and then crumble into rubble. The current number of still living flesh soldiers is so small, no one has any idea.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

vyelkin posted:

Yeah at which point the moderator will interrupt Clinton to say "Madam Secretary, please don't interrupt" and then when Trump does the same thing they'll be silent.

Nah, they're content to let that kind of fight go on because it's too exciting for them.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

WampaLord posted:

I expect this to stop Hillary's bleeding in the polls if enough people hear about it over the next few days.
I think it'll raise the number of undecideds again, with most of those coming out of Trump's current supporters.

Nothing about her time is going to make someone who wasn't planning to vote for her, plan to vote for her. I get the reasons she responded the way she did to e.g. Iraq, but that answer was targeted toward keeping the supporters she has, not getting new ones. And, as always, emails - though I was glad she at least did point out that her private email server was apparently more secure than the State Department's.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

DemeaninDemon posted:

Basically "Look all this rape, this is what happens when you let women into the army"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

DemeaninDemon posted:

a 2013 tweet where he said "sexual assault in the military? what did those geniuses expect putting men and women together"

Academician Nomad
Jan 29, 2016

DemeaninDemon posted:

Basically "sexual assault? What do you expect when you mix men and women?"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

memy posted:

I'm Matt Lauer?

"Go gently caress yourself, America."

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

He also said that mere moments after saying that Putin's compliments won't affect his judgement, lol

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Ahahahahahaha how low will his women polls go?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

DemeaninDemon posted:

Ahahahahahaha how low will his women polls go?
14.88%

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

To be fair, Clinton was giving no-news answes while Trump was saying "viral video gold" so its not just sexism

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone
To be fair to Lauer, Trump goes off on so many tangents it's easy to get distracted instead of hammering Trump on his original point.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

FactsAreUseless posted:

Trump embarrassed himself. Lauer did nothing because he is not a good journalist.

https://twitter.com/bustipsover/status/773684356628045824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Have I missed anything worthwhile?

Is there any reason to really tune in to this?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

To be fair, Clinton was giving no-news answes while Trump was saying "viral video gold" so its not just sexism

She was giving some pretty substantive responses, duder.

Crain posted:

It's over.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

drat, son.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

She was giving some pretty substantive responses, duder.

It's over.

I think his point is "substantive" and "news-worthy" aren't necessarily one and the same. Especially from Matt Lauer's dumbshit perspective.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Crain posted:

Probably not. Trump said some monumentally dumb and dangerous things "take their oil Matt" but I doubt they'll catch on.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Is the way Hillary Clinton is using ground troops commonly accepted by military types or is that another thing they're gonna whine about

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Crain posted:

Trump embarrassed himself and Hillary got interrupted a bunch, expect new polls showing the race tightening to Hillary +1 by the end of next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

:vince:

• Locked thread