Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I like a place where people don't have to put on airs. Like it's mandatory to at least appear chill in california. none of you fucks can tell me im wrong. everyone there is fronting and it's loving infuriating.

Texas sucks. The weather sucks. The state government is infuriating. There are assholes running around with technicals on the freeway. but nobody is pretending to be someone they arent.

well, except all the old white dudes who are gay as hell and hoover up cock behind the wife's back like its' their only food source.

I can deal with that. for the most part i am not actively deceived by someone obsessed with putting on a personal image that 100% does not match who they are, that they maintain around friends. The DFW area and Austin has a lot of cali transplants, and you can spot them because they never learn to leave that poo poo back in the state where anyone gives a gently caress. It sucks. I loving hate californians!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

hemophilia posted:

I like a place where people don't have to put on airs. Like it's mandatory to at least appear chill in california. none of you fucks can tell me im wrong. everyone there is fronting and it's loving infuriating.

Texas sucks. The weather sucks. The state government is infuriating. There are assholes running around with technicals on the freeway. but nobody is pretending to be someone they arent.

walking around armed in public is pretending to be a hero when you're really a scared little pussy

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I don't know how many times this has to be repeated but people who leave for TX are the rejects.

Also the chill thing is more of a Southern CA phenomenon, it's everywhere to some degree but places like Huntington turn it into a high art.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

walking around armed in public is pretending to be a hero when you're really a scared little pussy

it's still a clear, obvious representation of them as a person. I literally can't trust a californian to be who or what they say they are. I can't trust them to enjoy the things they say they enjoy. It's really loving weird. Maybe the ones who stay in the state are better people than the trash you guys send over here, but if these people's social lives depending on this weird, bizarre faux-chill act they're still putting on when they move here, then all Californians should probably be exterminated.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

girth brooks part 2 posted:

Californians are basically Texans with an added layer of bullshit. They all believe the same stupid stuff and never shut up about their poo poo pit states. Texans at least own up to it, and don't become personally insulted when a perceived untermensch tries to interact with them.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Taima posted:

I don't know how many times this has to be repeated but people who leave for TX are the rejects.

Also the chill thing is more of a Southern CA phenomenon, it's everywhere to some degree but places like Huntington turn it into a high art.

actually gently caress this no true scotsman poo poo. a californian is a californian, sorry dude.

are you the weirdo with the horrible drug wiki by the way

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

hemophilia posted:

actually gently caress this no true scotsman poo poo. a californian is a californian, sorry dude.

are you the weirdo with the horrible drug wiki by the way

You're free to believe whatever you want, why would I care what someone from TX thinks about anything, have fun being racist.

I have never contributed to any wiki sorry

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

I assume that people who leave CA feel like they have to put on some kind of CA image, that's not really far-fetched in any way

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

You're using a logical fallacy to dismiss the fact that every single calfornian the rest of the country interacts with is a loser who has been conditioned by his former peers to front 100% of the time and never stop espousing the virtues of california lest another expat hear him and report him to the cali police to be declared unchill

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

hemophilia posted:

it's still a clear, obvious representation of them as a person. I literally can't trust a californian to be who or what they say they are. I can't trust them to enjoy the things they say they enjoy. It's really loving weird. Maybe the ones who stay in the state are better people than the trash you guys send over here, but if these people's social lives depending on this weird, bizarre faux-chill act they're still putting on when they move here, then all Californians should probably be exterminated.

texans seem to have their personal identity depend on this weird not being part of the south thing even tho they unambiguously joined the confederacy over wanting to own slaves and only slunk back into america afterward in order to default on civil war debt

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

hemophilia posted:

You're using a logical fallacy to dismiss the fact that every single calfornian the rest of the country interacts with is a loser who has been conditioned by his former peers to front 100% of the time and never stop espousing the virtues of california lest another expat hear him and report him to the cali police to be declared unchill

Like I said you can believe whatever you want. I am barely motivated enough to type on a keyboard about this any longer, like I would give a poo poo about some supposed trait of "a californian" that does not effect or resonate with me at all.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Naerasa posted:

I've been here a year and I can confirm. First month here, I was told my views of women were problematic. But I'm a woman? Very confusing place.

hi how are you lets hang out

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Taima posted:

Like I said you can believe whatever you want. I am barely motivated enough to type on a keyboard about this any longer, like I would give a poo poo about some supposed trait of "a californian" that does not effect or resonate with me at all.

Haha you're doing it right now, fantastic. Please do stop replying because your classic cali shtick is as irritating to read as it is to experience irl

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

texans seem to have their personal identity depend on this weird not being part of the south thing even tho they unambiguously joined the confederacy over wanting to own slaves and only slunk back into america afterward in order to default on civil war debt

It was a late join, strategic, as in a war situation Texas remaining union, with our lovely militias and military outfits would have just been invaded and burned down by confederate armies. Secession was also pushed by elites and was not popular with a huge chunk of the state. Sam Houston pretty famously refused to accept secession and the incoming confederate government was scared to gently caress and back he would resist, and God I wish he had because Sam Houston raising hell might have prevented our secession.

I'll apologize no more, Texas has plenty of lovely, retarded history and a lot of it is tied up in the want for chattel slaves so gently caress all that.

I'm not proud of what texas was, but culturally we are better on a day to day level, it's easier to deal with any texan i hate than some taima-like tryhard cali expat who is determined to show the world how chill and uncaring he is while clearly having all the cares

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Is this one of those "meltdowns" I keep hearing about? Nice.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

hemophilia posted:

Haha you're doing it right now, fantastic. Please do stop replying because your classic cali shtick is as irritating to read as it is to experience irl

I dunno man I'm just hanging out in a thread. I guess that's weird? I really am super chill. I guess that's a side effect of living on the beach. I'm drinking an old fashion while the fog rolls in. It's pretty cool right now, low 60s.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
I live in Texas now and I agree with the other guy. The west coast transplants are insufferable. I like the people who've moved from Chicago or the East coast for the most part because at least they'll actually say that something loving sucks. Also none of them ever try to tell me that lovely 90s pop punk bands are classic rock.
It seems like the Tx natives and the CA folks get along really well though because they are both so good at pretending bullshit doesnt smell bad.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I gotta say taima is being pretty annoying right now

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

hemophilia posted:

lol

:qq:

you're wrong

hemophilia posted:

:lol:

girth brooks part 2 posted:

Californians are basically Texans with an added layer of bullshit. They all believe the same stupid stuff and never shut up about their poo poo pit states. Texans at least own up to it, and don't become personally insulted when a perceived untermensch tries to interact with them.

A smug retard from texas:

"Texans are the best ever, every single one of us is a humble salt of the earth American hero, also Texas is the best ever. But gently caress those smug self-absorbed CA residents who all think they are the best ever and that their state is the best ever. Also i'm retarded and why do girls pee out of their butt"

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
CA people who move away aren't putting on a front, your state probably really does loving suck in comparison.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Rah! posted:

Also i'm retarded and why do girls pee out of their butt"
that's a good question, why DO girls pee out of their butt?

i'm glad someone is asking the hard questions!!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

hm maybe it's just everyone in this thread that is annoying

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I very much respect the people who don't like California or Californians, I think they're decent people with ok ideas, who probably shouldn't come to California because we're loving full.

Last week I got a burrito from a local small restaurant and it loving sucked, it's a clear good reason why people shouldn't come to this state.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
are californians worse or better than new yorkers?

or is it kinda interchangable with the ~brooklyn~ // ~norcal~ poo poo

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Last week I got a burrito from a local small restaurant and it loving sucked

Oh god, that's the worst. My condolences.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Taima posted:

Oh god, that's the worst. My condolences.

Exactly, and if you come to California you run the risk of sharing my bad experience so please don't. This is for your own good.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I went to L.A. and got some waffles in Hermosa Beach and they were like twelve fuckin dollars

Later I walked to McDonald's and a crazy homeless woman was ranting and raving at a booth of people completely ignoring her

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Rah! posted:

A smug retard from texas:

"Texans are the best ever, every single one of us is a humble salt of the earth American hero, also Texas is the best ever. But gently caress those smug self-absorbed CA residents who all think they are the best ever and that their state is the best ever. Also i'm retarded and why do girls pee out of their butt"

Sounds about right.

I don't give a gently caress about Texas.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

radiatinglines posted:

I went to L.A. and got some waffles in Hermosa Beach and they were like twelve fuckin dollars

Later I walked to McDonald's and a crazy homeless woman was ranting and raving at a booth of people completely ignoring her

Mom was having a bad day, jeez.

E: were you at Scotty's? That place is bullshit overpriced. The whole Hermosa pier area is a crazy tourist trap nowadays.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Dude the avocado half next to the keyboard is loving killing me, well done.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Grand Prize Winner posted:

E: were you at Scotty's? That place is bullshit overpriced. The whole Hermosa pier area is a crazy tourist trap nowadays.

I kid you not, Budweisers at the Poop Deck run $4 now. It's a loving travesty.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

*kramers into thread*
"They have no chill, Jerry! NO chill!!"

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

everyone who lives in california is a hipster who drare nis caramel macciattos

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

that's a good question, why DO girls pee out of their butt?

i'm glad someone is asking the hard questions!!

speaking of lady parts the funniest thing about texas is how they slashed lady health clinics so hard that they now have a pregnant lady mortality rate that matches actual third world countries and war zones

highest preggo death rate in the whole developed world it's mad max as hell

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
if you're a pregnant lady it's close to three times safer to be in california than texas, and growing

lol

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

lol nice fingers

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
who gives a gently caress about California or what people from there think or do

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Tori... Why??? :(

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

natetimm posted:

I live at the beach like the other goon and couldn't imagine wanting to leave. Hipsters are invading and driving up property values, though. They've raised my rent by a hundred bucks two different times in less than a year.

I live in hollywood and have rent control mwahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

mdm posted:

who gives a gently caress about California or what people from there think or do

The entire world.

Smythe posted:

I live in hollywood and have rent control mwahahaha

How the hell did you manage that? Did you like inherit it?

• Locked thread