Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

appear to be in curb your enthusiasm? I'm just watching the first seasons for the first time since like 2003 and I forgot how humourless the supporting cast are. Are they like that irl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
behind all the beards and hawaii shirts and soft rock and yoga and new age crystals there's smug contempt towards humankind

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I've been here a year and I can confirm. First month here, I was told my views of women were problematic. But I'm a woman? Very confusing place.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Naerasa posted:

I've been here a year and I can confirm. First month here, I was told my views of women were problematic. But I'm a woman? Very confusing place.

it is possible you suck

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Most Americans are surprisingly high-strung behind the bullshit.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Naerasa posted:

You're just too close to the issue to have an objective opinion.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
the right/left axis is perpendicular to rear end in a top hat/not

Rainbow Bells
Oct 10, 2010

You Cussin' with Me?
I haven't met many people like that. This might be shocking, but shows tend to play up stereotypes to be funny. Also, having everyone be really uptight is basically the whole point of both Curb Your Enthusiasm and Seinfeld.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
I live in Arkansas and our crazy racist rednecks are pretty much as dumb and bible-thumpy in their ignorance as they probably appear to be to outsiders, so I imagine most other stereotypes about regions in the United States are true as well!

I like to think there's less incest than commonly supposed, but I don't live out in the small towns or anything so maybe that's where it all goes down.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Zorodius posted:

the right/left axis is perpendicular to rear end in a top hat/not

This actually isn't true.

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
Curb Your Enthusiasm is specifically about rich Hollywood types so while that's a real kind of person they're pretty easy to avoid

e: You can combine it with Arrested Development and Silicon Valley for a kind of makeshift Worst People In California field guide

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Look I'll make it quick here. The coastal people in California think the rest of California is loving stupid.

They also think everyone else not in coastal CA or the coastal PNW are loving stupid.

We hate everybody. Go gently caress yourselves.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Californians are basically Texans with an added layer of bullshit. They all believe the same stupid stuff and never shut up about their poo poo pit states. Texans at least own up to it, and don't become personally insulted when a perceived untermensch tries to interact with them.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I don't know, but most Californians I've in general have been annoyingly superleft and very talky, politics-wise. Then again, I've probably met Californians who didn't tell me where they were from and appeared to be normal so the whole thing is a wash.

Why? Is that show still on or something?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

girth brooks part 2 posted:

Californians are basically Texans with an added layer of bullshit. They all believe the same stupid stuff and never shut up about their poo poo pit states. Texans at least own up to it, and don't become personally insulted when a perceived untermensch tries to interact with them.

Yeah sure buddy keep telling yourself that :circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

Stop talking about "not the coast in California" like it's real CA

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Taima posted:

You sound really relaxed and chilled out.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Taima posted:

Nah it's true sorry

Please stop moving here by the way

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

a dog from hell posted:

You sound really relaxed and chilled out.

If there's one thing that pisses me off it's thinking about the rest of the USA that is not directly adjacent to the Pacific Ocean

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I like Texas, California, and New York.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Nah it's true sorry

Yeah have fun receiving CA rejects, hope that's working out for u

Texas is racist as gently caress and Ted Cruz is a thing there, so I don't know what your loving point is you racist piece of poo poo.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Taima posted:

If there's one thing that pisses me off it's thinking about the rest of the USA that is not directly adjacent to the Pacific Ocean

I've been to the PNW and they hate your guts because you fuckers keep moving north. There's no Pacific loyalty, just white flight lol.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Taima posted:

Texas is racist as gently caress and Ted Cruz is a thing there, so I don't know what your loving point is you racist piece of poo poo.

Yeah, but you had the actual Ted Cruz :confused:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

emoji posted:

I like Texas, California, and New York.

Yeah, the Texas Panhandle, inland California, and New York State

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

a dog from hell posted:

I've been to the PNW and they hate your guts because you fuckers keep moving north. There's no Pacific loyalty, just white flight lol.

I can't speak for that because I have no intention of moving north, but if the PNW and CA made their own country it would be the best fuckin' country.

Fine. We can detach Southern CA.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Guy Goodbody posted:

lol

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

phasmid posted:

Yeah, but you had the actual Ted Cruz :confused:

That is literally nothing compared to the pile of racist human feces that you call T-ed Cruz.

People in Texas are like, hey this guys is really speaking my language! I can't wait to vote for this fuckface!!!

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Only the metropolitan areas though. It's fun to tell Californians their inland people are just as bad as flyover meth addict retards though, which is true, and they get really mad.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Taima posted:

Thanks for proving my point

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

emoji posted:

Only the metropolitan areas though. It's fun to tell Californians their inland people are just as bad as flyover meth addict retards though, which is true, and they get really mad.

Oh we loving hate our inland people haven't I been saying that for like 15 minutes now

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

People from California never hesitate to drone on about how much better California is, which I've always thought was a weird thing to hear someone who just moved away from there talk about

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Taima posted:

Oh we loving hate our inland people haven't I been saying that for like 15 minutes now

Some guy in SF almost hit me when I pointed it out.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Thanks for proving my point

What's the point then? Seriously I'm trying to figure out a redeeming quality of the state who loves T-ed Cruz and I'm drawing a blank here, but I guess you have to be *really* racist and white power-ey to get Ted or otherwise feel ok with him being representative of your state.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

emoji posted:

Some guy in SF almost hit me when I pointed it out.

That's honestly a weird reaction, it's possible that he moved to SF from somewhere else, or possibly hasn't been to inland California, that's actually pretty common.

People normally figure it out after going to the Inland Empire or Bakerfield once or twice.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Taima posted:

That is literally nothing compared to the pile of racist human feces that you call T-ed Cruz.

People in Texas are like, hey this guys is really speaking my language! I can't wait to vote for this fuckface!!!
Smug as you are, you make a good point.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

For once AK and HA don't mind being left off the map.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
i live in california and all of my politics follows from the premise that i have untreated HIV/AIDS from a gay man in my rear end.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Taima posted:

What's the point then? Seriously I'm trying to figure out a redeeming quality of the state who loves T-ed Cruz and I'm drawing a blank here, but I guess you have to be *really* racist and white power-ey to get Ted or otherwise feel ok with him being representative of your state.

My point is Californians are poo poo people with an undue inflated sense of worth. At no point did I say Texans aren't loving retarded, but they're at least consistent.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

My point is Californians are poo poo people with an undue inflated sense of worth. At no point did I say Texans aren't loving retarded, but they're at least consistent.

I agree that most of California is poo poo, please see: my map of the USA I posted earlier.

I only outline roughly 10-15% of California as being "not poo poo".

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I went to California once and it was nice. Too much driving though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

california is only socially liberal at best they are still conservative as gently caress in a lot of ways

• Locked thread