Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

i opened this thread hoping for a 193 treatise on the life and times of dave lang, esq. and i'm disappointed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Goddamn, watching three dudes cooperate to overcome bad controls and tight FOV and steer the oil tanker that is Ryo Hazuki around his neighborhood to locate the right noodle shop is the best thing I'm going to watch all year somebody please kill me.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
shenmues controls are clunky but vinny is making them look 1000x worse than they actually are. i dont know how or why hes doing so many 180 turns

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I like to imagine he is playing with a racing wheel because he takes turns in that game like he's playing American truck simulator

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
man its really good that alex is on this endurance run

vinny and dan can just shoot the poo poo forever and he keeps them on track and pronounces words correctly

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

Vinny better put some time in the dojo and level up his karate or he's going to get completely shut down by the 70 man fight and the fight at the arcade. Also betting that the motorcycle part takes an entire episode to get through.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In the latest beastcast I got to hear Vinny narrate one of my favorite childhood memories... My life is now complete

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

In the latest beastcast I got to hear Vinny narrate one of my favorite childhood memories... My life is now complete

That was your email? Cool parents

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is OG Xbox really the only way to play SHenmue II.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

no it was on dreamcast but not released in america, so you can play the us version of 1 and then import your save into the europe version of 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

no it was on dreamcast but not released in america, so you can play the us version of 1 and then import your save into the europe version of 2

Are dreamcasts region free? I may finally buy all this stuff this week.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Are dreamcasts region free? I may finally buy all this stuff this week.

youd need a boot disc, gamestops would actually sell the eu shenmue 2 with a boot disc

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

my dreamcast is broken and also my backup dreamcast is broken

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

youd need a boot disc, gamestops would actually sell the eu shenmue 2 with a boot disc

Hopefully the store I go to still has boot discs with their EU copy of Shenmue 2.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

elf help book posted:

I did this well over ten years ago, and even started a fresh Shenmue 1 game to boost my save file with extra cash by stalling the story and working extra days at the docks. Then I imported my save file into Part 2 and the game literally opens with "Aw poo poo, son. All your money got stolen on the boat."

There still might be a way to get an advantage in Part 2 by spending all your money on capsule machines, and then selling the rare capsules in China. Something like that. Also, I think the game detects turbo buttons being used during arm wrestling matches and auto-fails you.

In Training posted:

Be aware that the Dreamcast Euro version of Part 2 has english subtitles, but no english voice work. I think the Xbox has english voices though?

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

elf help book posted:

my dreamcast is broken and also my backup dreamcast is broken

Pretty sure I blew a controller port fuse one of my DC's, but otherwise both of the loud 'lil fuckers are still spinning strong.

If I was slightly less of a piece of poo poo, I would have a preventative maintenance schedule for all my old game consoles, like the the guys who start cars in Jay Leno's garage. If one of my PC Engine CD units freezes up again and the plastic gears shattered... I... I just don't know.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In Training posted:

That was your email? Cool parents

Yea my dad still tells everyone that story two decades later, he'll get a kick out of hearing some internet guys praising his great prank

Then I guess he'll find out his son listens to podcasts with 20+ minute discussions on anime fansubs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My mom did something similar with the year GameCube came out. I got a controller, a copy of Luigi's mansion, a memory card but no console and she was like "what? Does this not work on your Nintendo? Oh my gosh I'm so sorry" and I thanked her and a bunch and put on my game face. And when she walked out of the room to throw out wrapping paper she was like "huh what's this box in the closet and pulled out a GameCube and I lost my drat mind

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

My mom did something similar with the year GameCube came out. I got a controller, a copy of Luigi's mansion, a memory card but no console and she was like "what? Does this not work on your Nintendo? Oh my gosh I'm so sorry" and I thanked her and a bunch and put on my game face. And when she walked out of the room to throw out wrapping paper she was like "huh what's this box in the closet and pulled out a GameCube and I lost my drat mind

my mom worked at a kmart and everyone would take poo poo from the returns department, so i constantly would get lovely ps1 games from her. one easter i joked that i didnt get any games in my easter basket and she said "oh yeah!" and pulled out a second easter basket with just ps1 games in it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The year PS2 launched my mom gave me a a cd case with a numbered PS2 ticket inside, so I was stoked just thinking we had one lined up but then she pulled out a bigass box and inside was a launch PS2 she bought months previously.

Gamer parents FTW

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The year PS2 launched my mom gave me a a cd case with a numbered PS2 ticket inside, so I was stoked just thinking we had one lined up but then she pulled out a bigass box and inside was a launch PS2 she bought months previously.

Gamer parents FTW

Badass

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
my mom used to hide at least one present along with eggs on easter, i have very fond memories of lifting up a couch cushion and finding a 6 button genesis controller. not pressing start to switch to kicks in street fighter was a revelation

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Hell yeah. Good natured pranks that result in game consoles are extremely badass

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

my mamy told me that she couldnt get a wii for christmas because they were hard to get that year and she was so excited about this prank that she managed to let my friends now without me finding out and then on christmas there was a wii and i played twilight princess for a thousand days. mom tricks ftw

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

playing soulcalibur on dreamcast w/ my dad was one of my best childhood memories

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

what was the email? i never listen to podcasts unless someone links them

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

trying to jack off posted:

https://www.gbs.fm

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Tender Bender posted:

Hell yeah. Good natured pranks that result in game consoles are extremely badass

My mom put Sonic & Knuckles in a Nordstrom clothing box for Christmas 1994, it owned

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

all i see here is a signature

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Some insane anti-Link's Awakening, the best Zelda, propaganda on the bombcast this week

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I dont get Jeff's hatred of Majora

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He's doing it to troll people.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

he trolled pat into making a solo video of yoshis island where the only arguments he could muster were "touch fuzzy" and "its good because its good"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

he trolled pat into making a solo video of yoshis island where the only arguments he could muster were "touch fuzzy" and "its good because its good"

Yeah lol

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
My silly best video game Xmas ever story involves my parents having an exceptionally good year making it way easier than it should have been to convince them that my presents that year should consist of a Panasonic 3do, SSTF2T, Samurai Showdown, Road Rash and a 2nd controller.

You may laugh because lol 3do but those were drat fine ports of those fighting games and I'll defend 3do Road Rash to my death with it's Soundgarden soundtrack and early 90's beyond compare FMV's.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

I wanted an n64 but my dad got me a vcr because the vcr me and my brother shared had broken recently. Then later he made me open the box to set it up even though I didn't want to and inside was an n64 with goldeneye, starfox, and diddy kong racing. My feigned excitement through crushing disappointment when I unwrapped the vcr has been a family punchline for two decades.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

I wanted an n64 but my dad got me a vcr because the vcr me and my brother shared had broken recently. Then later he made me open the box to set it up even though I didn't want to and inside was an n64 with goldeneye, starfox, and diddy kong racing. My feigned excitement through crushing disappointment when I unwrapped the vcr has been a family punchline for two decades.

awesome

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

vinny messing with dan in new endurance run is really good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

oh my god todays shenmue episode
im in pain laughing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything