Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Toady posted:

A few years ago, suggesting Nintendo would become a third-party developer was a probatable offense. Now Pokemon and Mario are on the iPhone.

I don't think that's why you got probated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

poo poo I should have bought some stocks

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
The full Super Mario Run press release is out there now. App is coming in December, free download that functions essentially as a demo, a single in-app purchase to unlock the full game, the previously announced Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem mobile titles will arrive by March 2017.

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Can't wait for news outlets to start reporting "first Super Mario Game in over 20 years will be a iPhone title" like with Pokemon.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Hungry Bit posted:

Can't wait for news outlets to start reporting "first Super Mario Game in over 20 years will be a iPhone title" like with Pokemon.

Do news outlets regularly forget that ongoing game series are a thing?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Remember Super Mario? If you're a nineties kid you might. Well his hermit creator Shigeru Miyamoto has returned from hiding after twenty years to make a game on, get this, the iPhone. Nintendo president Howard Lincoln could not be reached for comment.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I bought one of the Super Mario 3DS bundles online from Target just now, but I have no idea if I will get it or not. Their site is a malfunctioning boner most of the time.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
It's like the easiest thing they could have done. Re-use NSMB assets, make it an auto-runner. Somehow this means Mario platformers on consoles are over.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Flappy Mario

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Flappy Mario

https://twitter.com/BrianLeeWow/status/773569810642808833

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

jivjov posted:

Do news outlets regularly forget that ongoing game series are a thing?

With Pokemon, constantly.

Mario wouldn't surprise me.

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
Not in the press release: you have to be outside running to keep Mario running.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It at least looks like a game made specifically for phones. I want to know what the build your own mushroom kingdom thing is before i want it

Spellman
May 31, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's not free to play and you can build your own Mushroom Kingdom in it. Coming in December.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/super-mario-run/id1145275343?mt=8

wow. new super mario bros. except i don't have to hold right on the d-pad anymore.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

jivjov posted:

The full Super Mario Run press release is out there now. App is coming in December, free download that functions essentially as a demo, a single in-app purchase to unlock the full game, the previously announced Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem mobile titles will arrive by March 2017.

I want to know what the hell the Fire Emblem one will be

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

mabels big day posted:

It at least looks like a game made specifically for phones. I want to know what the build your own mushroom kingdom thing is before i want it

Miyamoto designed this so you can eat a hamburger while playing it and hell I respect him for it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Being able to play a game with one hand is extremely valuable.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Sony announced a new handheld and instantly cancelled it before showing it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Just saw footage of Super Mario Run and it looks so dull. It's not even horizontal. The footage looked like I was watching some dumb rear end record a video vertically.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

Color Blind

One-handed Mario is Nintendo's first attempt at cornering the mobile gaming disability market.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Detective No. 27 posted:

Just saw footage of Super Mario Run and it looks so dull. It's not even horizontal. The footage looked like I was watching some dumb rear end record a video vertically.

It's vertical so you can easily holds it in one hand, and your finger doesn't block any of the gameplay.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

TheKingofSprings posted:

you can finally play fire emblem with one hand free

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

TheKingofSprings posted:

literally just a port of the card game.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Has anyone preordered online and used AT&T Next? I need/want to pay off my phone and then get the new one, so I'm imagining I can just do that.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
do i get to buy and play phoenix wright 8 hours from now or do i have to wait until tomorrow

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

LODGE NORTH posted:

Has anyone preordered online and used AT&T Next? I need/want to pay off my phone and then get the new one, so I'm imagining I can just do that.

I didn't do it online, but yeah basically AT&T Next takes what's left of the phone after your down payment and breaks it up into however many monthly payments you choose, then just adds those to your phone bill. You end up with a higher phone bill, but a lower down payment.

Functionally it works the same way as the old annual upgrade system for contract holders, but shunts more of the financial liability onto the customer I guess. If you trade in your old model, it's often enough to cover most or all of the remaining NEXT payments it had.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I have no idea why I posted that here, but thank you.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Whoa, this thread is amazing

Does anyone know where I can get some sickass pegs for my bike that are fuckin gnarkill

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

Most games play much better vertically on a phone

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Most games play much better vertically on a phone

:barf:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i'll tell you how phone games play the best and it's in a garbage can

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

the worst is phone games where the default/only display is horizontal, but it's upside down so your fingers have to cover the speaker

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Miyamoto designed this so you can eat a hamburger while playing it and hell I respect him for it.

We all know what the free hand is really going to be doing..... eating bacon cheeseburgers because who eats plain hamburgers...

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Lost my 2DS at the airport over Labor Day weekend along with a few games for it. I'm considering getting a New 3DS XL in the near future, but is there any way to recover the 5 or 6 digital games I purchased through the nintendo shop, now that I've lost the system I'd bought them on?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Ninth Layer posted:

Lost my 2DS at the airport over Labor Day weekend along with a few games for it. I'm considering getting a New 3DS XL in the near future, but is there any way to recover the 5 or 6 digital games I purchased through the nintendo shop, now that I've lost the system I'd bought them on?

I heard you can contact Nintendo to get your account restored. People in the past had to give them police report to get them to do this, but I believe this practice has changed since. Thankfully the one time I lost my DS, I was able to find it the next day at the lost and found at campus.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The only game worth a drat on phone is Hearthstone.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

The only game worth a drat on phone is FTL.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Reigns is pretty good. They should get the Reigns people to make a Mushroom Kingdom game.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Eleeleth posted:

literally just a port of the card game.

Actually this would be okay because the card game has amazing art. I don't even know how to play the game but I keep buying the cards just because they're so pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I never played 1-3 but I want an RPG and Etrian Odyssey IV is cheap. What's it like? Should I get it?