Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007
Fixed a bug introduced last patch that caused all abilities to use minimap targeting

i love the bug fix section

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
https://www.facebook.com/gg.Immortals/videos/1603788999915616/

All Immortals players got early permission to seek offers from other teams while remaining under contract (I think they would have expired in Nov) and it looks like there will be changes before IEM. And they're placing players as position coaches on other NA teams.

I'd love to see Huni try to coach someone and Doublelift and Sneaky taunt WT. Learning better pathing through Reignover seems pretty tight tho.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

Ooo and they buffed Shen too, hope that torpedo combo shows up

They nerfed Shen

rabidsquid posted:

also rek'sai losing some base armor isn't going to make her less picked than gragas

Rek'sai is going to be the most contested pick now that Gragas is dead. Mark my words, worlds is going to end up being Rek'sai, Elise and Lee. Again.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

exethan posted:

Fixed a bug introduced last patch that caused all abilities to use minimap targeting

i love the bug fix section

I missed a Varus ult by like 90° a week ago, I was really confused until I saw other people reporting major issues with this bug

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Firebert posted:

They nerfed Shen

Rek'sai is going to be the most contested pick now that Gragas is dead. Mark my words, worlds is going to end up being Rek'sai, Elise and Lee. Again.

It's sad how the same junglers are viable as last year. Riot ruined J4's first clear they nerfed his base armor and the armor he got from his e but for Reksai who is even more dominant they just nerf her base armor. Hecarim wasn't even that broken but they nerf it really hard because of Soloq but its still good in soloq because they nerf the wrong parts of his kit.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i mean, rek'sai has the perfect kit. they will have to nerf her to being actual unplayable for her to leave the jungle meta.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rabidsquid posted:

i mean, rek'sai has the perfect kit. they will have to nerf her to being actual unplayable for her to leave the jungle meta.
Like they did with Kindred?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Kindred was really really good at what she did, but you see champs like Nidalee and Graves come and go because their niche can be outright negated even without heavy handed nerfs. Rek'sai has a global, the best vision, and unique gank paths and a really easy to hit knock up cc. If they get rid of hydra or make it worse, or find some way to force junglers to have to finish their jungle item first, she will just go back to the position where theoretically you could exploit her lack of damage/level 6 power spike, but i think they'd have to make her unable to clear or something to totally remove her.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Old sight stone reck sigh was fine but extremely boring, which seems to be what riot games wants in their pro junglers.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i guess in the perfect storm where rek'sai lost some early game pressure (which as for now i only see happening by other champs taking over for it in a vacuum, and beyond elise i dont see anyone else being that able to totally pressure her out) and being able to give up the first blue buff stopped being relevant somehow she wouldn't be useful but those are both pretty specific.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Riot doesn't want Junglers anymore, they want a second roaming support with no gold income and no pressure before 20 minutes. :v:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
If you go back to lane swaps so ganks don't matter and completely gutted tremor sense that would probably do it.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Why can't they just buff a bunch of junglers so that jungling is actually super awesome?

Why does it always have to be some trio of limp dick gimped pieces of poo poo who are only good for the ways they cheat the mechanics of jungling?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Because riot is extremely against junglers winning games for reasons I'm not sure of.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Riot is in that phase of "No rushes before 20 minutes and no drops from the side" you and your friends used as house rules when playing BGH Starcraft ffas as kids except they have the power to make that the actual rules of the game

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
The significant changes to frozen mallet and Gnar seems like that is going to affect the top lane.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dunno what league y'all are watching but the current standard lanes meta heavily incentivizes ganking and snowballing a lane and winning the game in the first ten minutes

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

i dunno what league y'all are watching but the current standard lanes meta heavily incentivizes ganking and snowballing a lane and winning the game in the first ten minutes

[Monte]Actually, I think you'll find that standard lanes are boring and take a lot of the strategy out of the game, like not taking dragon early and freezing lane at your tier two tower for 20 minutes.[/Monte]

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Zuna is duoing with Ron Funches in overwatch on Bud Light's official twitch channel

:confused:

Can't imagine id ever have typed that sentence in my life

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
The only bad part about the standard lanes/first tower blood is rift herald is ignored.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I honestly still don't even know what Rift Herald does.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Libertine posted:

Rift Herald seems to mean either: get killed while doing it throwing whatever advantage you had that you thought meant you could do it or Grant Impact More Solo Kills

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Most pro teams always have river vision or are river roaming and almost all T/J/M players are constantly flying back and forth around that area in the mid-game looking for game-opening picks/kills so the odds that you can safely do Rift Herald and get the small benefit of the buff are extremely rare and it's much more likely that you will do some stupid game throw attempting it, unless you explicitly trading it for a dragon on the other side of the map which never seems worth it.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Libertine posted:

This highlights one of the reasons that I'm becoming disillusioned with league as a spectator sport. Riot has created a bundle of specialized cases to balance their game without actually dealing with the core issues. This has been obvious by observing their champion balance dealing with nerfing everything instead of buffing interesting counter picks. You end up with things like Rift Herald giving bonus attack damage if you're solo pushing a lane, or whatever they did to the bottom tower. The burden of knowledge becomes too great, even as a casual observer, to keep up with all of the shortcuts.

To be honest, I can't even keep up with champion kits. Gnar has a slow, an escape, percent hp damage, another slow, another escape, a conditional stun, and I don't even know his last two or three abilities. And he's not alone.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Jerkface posted:

Rift Herald seems to mean either: get killed while doing it throwing whatever advantage you had that you thought meant you could do it or Grant Impact More Solo Kills

Confirmed, Rift Herald best buff.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Every time someone has gotten rift herald riot flashes a description of what it does

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

henkman posted:

Every time someone has gotten rift herald riot flashes a description of what it does

They do the same for Dragon's.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

https://www.facebook.com/gg.Immortals/videos/1603788999915616/

All Immortals players got early permission to seek offers from other teams while remaining under contract (I think they would have expired in Nov) and it looks like there will be changes before IEM. And they're placing players as position coaches on other NA teams.

I'd love to see Huni try to coach someone and Doublelift and Sneaky taunt WT. Learning better pathing through Reignover seems pretty tight tho.

Is that CEO like 20?

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Smol posted:

Is that CEO like 20?

He dropped out of Northwestern University to make Immortals with VC money, so yeah he is pretty young.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Spending a gently caress ton of money on a video game team is a young man's game.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Libertine posted:

Spending a gently caress ton of money on a video game team is a young man's game.

Spending a gently caress ton of other people's money. I'm curious how he managed to convince venture capitalists that this is a good return on their investment.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

If your question is ever, "How did someone convince venture capitalists to invest in something?" then the answer is, "Because they're venture capitalists."

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Libertine posted:

Why can't they just buff a bunch of junglers so that jungling is actually super awesome?

Why does it always have to be some trio of limp dick gimped pieces of poo poo who are only good for the ways they cheat the mechanics of jungling?

No matter what Riot does it seems the jungle meta gets pretty solved into a few picks; so I agree they might as well just give them more fun stuff to do, yeah.

The main concern I'd have is that if a pick buffed for the jungle comes to dominate another lane instead, and fucks up that meta/pick set. But that just means more careful buffing.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Riot isn't against Jungle carrying because pretty much most of early season 6 was junglers carrying. Thats why Rox tigers were considered the best team because they had Peanut the best jungler. You could play Nidalee/Graves/Kindred/Elise and basically solo carry the game. Also jungle camps gave more xp but not long ago that got changed. If u remember the games where Crash/Peanut were flame horizoning the enemy jungler and had level advantage over everyone in the game because jungle camp xp. Well Riot nerf all those champs and then jungle camps xp.

Well its typical riot balancing instead of nerfing one thing they nerfed the junglers and the jungle. Thats why many of those champs fell out of meta or became less prioritized.

Also Reksai not taking blue is a big point rabisquid brought up. This basically gives a free lane to ur midlaner and he can just perma push the lane if he dies he is boosted. I know Meteos did this when he played Zac he gave first blue to Jensen but I think blue is actually decent on Zac cause of the cdr and ap. Reksai doesn't really scale out of cdr, not really a good stat on her thats why u see people just rush randuins/tiamat/cinderhulk very little cd.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Every time carry junglers get strong, they're nerfed until they're unusable or they buff a different meta. Carry oriented junglers are never en vogue for a long, long time. Actually no jungle meta lasts longer than a season because Riot obsessively rebalances it constantly. Kinda miss that meta where the jungle was super easy to clear so you could jungle basically anything.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
carry junglers get used in lanes and we cant Have that

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Thorin's Thoughts are out

His points:

*The same ruling that banned Badawi & Monte stating that any possibility of future ownership is illegal. The situation G2/FNC were in was breaking that exact rule.
*That G2 could exert leverage over FNC behind the scenes, like re-negotiating the contract if FNC were to trade over a player to G2.
*Hilger was given ample time to work with Riot to ensure they had all the facts, while Riot punished Montecristo without his cooperation because he wanted to bring a lawyer in to protect himself.
*That rule hadn't been enforced heavily before, so RNG/TDK should have been the warning, and FNC/G2 should have been the ban, not the other way around.
*Nobody knows what a reversible loan is and assumes Riot made the term up because they have no idea what they're talking about.
*Regardless on whether Badawi/Monte had a backroom deal giving back Badawi 50% ownership, Riot would have had to approve it and probably wouldn't have so the ban for something they couldn't have done anyway is lovely.

Thorin's conclusion is that G2/FNC shouldn't be banned, but punished and that it's very clear that TDK/RNG shouldn't have been banned either; it was a clear bias against Badawi and Monte by someone high up in Riot and there was no effort to apologize or reach out to Monte/Badawi and make amends for a knee-jerk reaction

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I don't think anyone but Riot needed to be told that this was blatant favoritism/a huge grudge against Monte

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Maguoob posted:

Spending a gently caress ton of other people's money. I'm curious how he managed to convince venture capitalists that this is a good return on their investment.

Apparently behind the scenes stats and analytics show esports having insane growth potential and people wanna get in now while the cost to get in to the ownership game is incredibly cheap relative to other sports. This is why you see guys like Shaq and that other NBA player buying into these teams, they recognize that there is a sport scene developing and it's future numbers are going up all the time. Hell, TI6 just ended and it had the biggest prize pool that tourney has had yet and it's viewership was hitting the same kind of numbers major sporting events get with a smaller player base than league has so the better question is probably why more rich as gently caress people looking to invest in something aren't investing in the top of the ecosystem right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

henkman posted:

Which is why no one knows what it does. No one's ever killed it.

• Locked thread