Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
oh noooo Kaepernick veered into "Mercator Projection is Racist" territory on twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Skwirl posted:

Glad to hear that good players who've actually won a superbowl are joining Kaepernick's protest.

They've also lost a Super Bowl.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Spoeank posted:

oh noooo Kaepernick veered into "Mercator Projection is Racist" territory on twitter

I mean, it's problematic

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
I found it. I found the hottest take :supaburn:

My favorite part is how he used "In case you've been living under a rock or Rosie O'Donnell's shadow" to lead into two separate paragraphs.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Spoeank posted:

drat Greenland supremacists.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Why do sjws get a pass for saying stupid poo poo but black people dont? also he's right, this is 2016 use google earth

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

hifi posted:

Why do sjws get a pass for saying stupid poo poo but black people dont? also he's right, this is 2016 use google earth

They absolutely don't get a pass for saying stupid poo poo. This is borne of SJW hand wringing.

Also Mercator persists because it was the most useful map for exploration (preserved direction and shape, and you could only preserve 2 out of direction, shape or size) and it's easier to just keep using the same map because it was the map everyone already had.

It's stupid no matter who says it.

Edit lol word filter owns

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Spoeank posted:

How does that come up?

Also it's extremely banal.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

When you search #staywoke you take the good with the bad

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Robocop truly would be wringing his hands over this situation. Thank God he's not alive to see it

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Future filters: red pill -> ED-209, toxic masculinity -> bitches leave

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Prozach posted:

I found it. I found the hottest take :supaburn:

My favorite part is how he used "In case you've been living under a rock or Rosie O'Donnell's shadow" to lead into two separate paragraphs.

this is a pftcommenter style parody right

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

this is a pftcommenter style parody right

Nah, Walterfootball is just really really dumb. I enjoy browsing it sometimes to see how bad it can get.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Prozach posted:

Nah, Walterfootball is just really really dumb. I enjoy browsing it sometimes to see how bad it can get.

jesus

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Have you never read Walter Football? It's basically just a dude who writes about football with limited expertise disguised by his willingness to talk like he watches every college and NFL game well enough to scout/grade players. So basically a goon.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

WHOOPS posted:

Have you never read Walter Football? It's basically just a dude who writes about football with limited expertise disguised by his willingness to talk like he watches every college and NFL game well enough to scout/grade players. So basically a goon.

I pride myself in consuming no sports media outside of the sport itself

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

WHOOPS posted:

Well I'd rather read Dalto's football opinions over, like, 95% of sports journalists.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

NC-17 posted:

Well I'd rather read Dalto's football opinions over, like, 95% of sports journalists.

I am convinced that I, the dumbest least informed poster on TFF, could be a better sports analyist than anyone on ESPN

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am convinced that I, the dumbest least informed poster on TFF, could be a better sports analyist than anyone on ESPN

How many times can you fit the phrase "National Football League" into a sentence?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

NC-17 posted:

How many times can you fit the phrase "National Football League" into a sentence?

Does it have to be grammatically correct or coherent?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Love how now the media is asking basically every coach what their policy will be on the anthem. John Fox for instance is an idiot

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the proposed NFL policy for next season is 'take a knee, give a knee'

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I hope Andy Dalton gets Lattimore's knee.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

for every knee you don't take im going to take three

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Andy needs to stay healthy so the Texans will retain the possibility of winning a playoff game

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I, the dumbest least informed poster on TFF,

You wanna bet?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He makes a lot of dumb statements but as far as draft analysis goes I can actually appreciate the guy who you're named after. Just because of that one time the Jags or someone drafted some kid in the 2nd round and everyone sitting at the table had no clue who he was. Not like they were just wrong about what type of player he was, they had no idea a person by that name existed. Then they go to Kiper and he gives a full breakdown of the guy.

He's an idiot but damned if he doesn't at least do his best to be prepared.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
In one of the most unexpected moves yet, 49ers announce they are matching Kap's donation by contributing $1mil to two different Bay Area foundations that fight against social inequalities.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/source-49ers-pledge-1-million-two-foundations

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

He makes a lot of dumb statements but as far as draft analysis goes I can actually appreciate the guy who you're named after. Just because of that one time the Jags or someone drafted some kid in the 2nd round and everyone sitting at the table had no clue who he was. Not like they were just wrong about what type of player he was, they had no idea a person by that name existed. Then they go to Kiper and he gives a full breakdown of the guy.

He's an idiot but damned if he doesn't at least do his best to be prepared.

Kiper seems cool because he cares about the draft like Autists care about trains

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

MrSargent posted:

In one of the most unexpected moves yet, 49ers announce they are matching Kap's donation by contributing $1mil to two different Bay Area foundations that fight against social inequalities.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/source-49ers-pledge-1-million-two-foundations

whaaaaa....?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I like Kaep and the results of his protest. Good on ya, man.

Glad to see Seahawks joining in

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

I like Kaep and the results of his protest. Good on ya, man.

Glad to see Seahawks joining in

Something something Carroll 9/11

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
The Packers would apparently like to offer an alternative,

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/774020623706181633

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Coldforge posted:

Another reason to hate the Packers. :lol:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Coldforge posted:

Of course the goddamn Packers would

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Thank goodness someone is finally doing something about the Green Bay, WI crime problem.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Probably Magic posted:

Thank goodness someone is finally doing something about the Green Bay, WI crime problem.

Like make murderers?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

There are only like 200 people in the GBPD that's like $1,000 an officer.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Coldforge posted:

these moves are always transparently petty and lovely to begin with but lol at giving 200k to the GBPD. What are they even going to DO with that money? Please if I'm accidentally making fun of a city gripped by crime that I somehow never heard about correct me but there's no way the loving GBPD need 200k for literally anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Tatum Girlparts posted:

these moves are always transparently petty and lovely to begin with but lol at giving 200k to the GBPD. What are they even going to DO with that money? Please if I'm accidentally making fun of a city gripped by crime that I somehow never heard about correct me but there's no way the loving GBPD need 200k for literally anything.

Those MRAPs don't maintain themselves.

• Locked thread